#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Clay can certainly wear whatever he chooses without being chastised for not presenting the proper public image.

What bugs me most about this is that he was dressed in very nice clothes. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but he wasn't dressed down. He looked nice and apparently is very trendy. So he's supposed to look like what each time he goes out? Rock!Star!Clay? International Superstar Clay? What? And WHO decides what those looks encompass? I'm sure not saying everyone has to like what he wears every time he goes into public. And there have been times when I thought he could have dressed a little nicer for a certain occasion, but some of that is my age talking and what was appropriate when I was growing up. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with what he had on last night. Again, not everyone's cup of tea, that's cool, but he WAS dressed nice.

but do you think maybe they are just incredible bored?

Gosh, I hope they're not bored. He's technically been gone one week, with a sighting last night. If those folks are already bored, it's gonna be a long rough patch for them, I think. I don't read over there either, which sounds like a good choice since I wouldn't have much patience for that stuff on his own fanclub board.

I love that he dances to the beat of his own drummer. I hope he NEVER changes. Rock!Star!Clay be damned.

Re-posting the pic from the previous page with the recap by lisajluvsclaya:

I was fortunate enough to be at Spam last night. Eric Idle was sitting behind us. Very cool. He has a great laugh. Well when he went up on stage I turned around to sneak a peak at Clay. All I could focus on was his gorgeous face that was just beaming with joy. I didn't even notice the clothes he was wearing. I did see him before the show and thought he looked adorkable. He was the same Clay that I've loved from the beginning. Here are 2 photos that I managed to take. Not the greatest, but security was right in the aisle near me.

ClayatclosingofSpamalot2.jpg

I was just trying to figure out why one outfit would be so picked apart & the only thing I could think of is boredom.

one question

is the outfit trendy?

or is Clay walking to the beat of his own drummer?

At first i didn't like it but it has grown on me. The second picture helped.

As long as he wears his smile all is well :)

Spikesmom

I didn't think you were giving me a hard time!! I was just trying to figure out like I said & I don't even belong there so I shouldn't have even posted anything about it.

I was just trying to figure out why one outfit would be so picked apart & the only thing I could think of is boredom.

one question

is the outfit trendy?

or is Clay walking to the beat of his own drummer?

At first i didn't like it but it has grown on me. The second picture helped.

I didn't mean for you to think I was giving you a hard time about the boredom issue. I was just responding to it even being an issue so soon.

I guess lots of designers are using bow ties and vests in their new looks (or so I'm reading from those doing all the investigation!).

But I also do believe he walks to the beat of his own drummer in that he wears what he likes, the way he likes. Sometimes, I think it might not be exactly what the designer had in mind. But I do think he mixes it up the way he wants to...

And I totally agree about the smile! :)

ETA: No problem tribeca! Good luck figuring it out though... after almost six years, I still wonder about people who stick around just to criticize and complain...

Should not tell anyone this

because you may think I am nutty but one time I had a dream that Clay jumped into the audience and criticized all the fan's hairstyles

Lordy, I wish you could videotape that dream and show it to us--I would love to see that! :hahaha:

because you may think I am nutty but one time I had a dream that Clay jumped into the audience and criticized all the fan's hairstyles

Lordy, I wish you could videotape that dream and show it to us--I would love to see that! :hahaha:

:cryingwlaughter: Wouldn't that be some crazy karma?!

And he is certainly not above teasing some of his fans about how they are dressed. "Did you look at yourself in the mirror?" to one fan who I think was wearing mistletoe at a Christmas concert. And to others who I'm sure loved the attention even tho' he was making fun of them.

I was amazingly happy to see the 2 photos we have of Clay from last night. He looks like the Clay who is going to give a talk on something close to his heart such as children's education...schoolteacher Clay, not singer Clay.

And from earlier today:

QUOTE (wandacleo @ Jan 11 2009, 10:41 PM) *

I'm watching the Golden Globes while I wait for Clack.

Am I the only person who thinks the Jonas Brothers are weird little dudes?

W.E.I.R.D.

I just don't get the attraction. I prefer singers who can actually sing. But then I'm not 12.

ETA At 12 I loved Elvis's Heartbreak Hotel but even if I had been able to see him on TV, my parents didn't get one until I left home for university, being a fan would have been totally frowned upon and discouraged by my father.

And from earlier today:

W.E.I.R.D.

I just don't get the attraction. I prefer singers who can actually sing. But then I'm not 12.

my niece is 12

her favorite singer is Clay Aiken :) but she doesn't think he knows he has younger fans

I don't think that anyone cares if someone doesn't like a particular look, but some people at OFC have been REALLY nasty about it--and if they're not ugly on the outside, they sure as hell are on the inside. Clay can certainly wear whatever he chooses without being chastised for not presenting the proper public image. Judging anyone by a PHOTO, in the first place, is ridiculous considering that pictures capture only a split second in time--not a posed perfect image.

ditto ditto..I personally think there is a line where it gets cruel..of course my line is probably in a different place then most people's lol I never look at someone and think how bad they look, so I cant understand how thats helpful...of course everyone isnt like me...to their help probably lol

I'm posthoing but I missed this while I was typing. Smitten, I think it would be better if more people were like you. I don't think I've ever seen you write a negative post.

awww arent you sweet :BlowKiss:

at 12 I liked The beach Boys...and that was in 94..I aint joking lol :)

:hello:salty
:hello:

It's too weird to see Clay on stage with someone else dressed as Sir Robin!

Clay looked much better than Marty in the white pants. No dis to Marty - it just would be hard to top Clay's closing night white pants. :hubbahubba:

Shame on you! I'm telling Mr. Random Cute Guy.

Damn, I love me some Closing Night White Pants.

It's okay. He already knows. :lipstick:

I know what it is. It's probably that picture of Clay in the washtub. However, if its not, I'd like a pm please. The rest of you are on your own.

No shit! I'm in line right behind you.

(Just so I can be properly outraged at this horrible invasion of Clay's privacy.)

:hubbahubba:

Wanda, you are indeed selfless to take one for the team like this. I am going to get you nominated for a sainthood.

Thread title?

When I was 12 I loved Leif Garrett and Mark Holden- an ex judge on Australian Idol . ( :hello:Claytonic .)

Gidday ausdon!

Oztralian Idol is no fun now that Mark Holden is gone. Somehow those touchdowns don't seem like they are worth much when they aren't delivered by him....

QUOTE (tribeca @ Jan 12 2009, 11:16 PM) *

because you may think I am nutty but
one time I had a dream that Clay jumped into the audience and criticized all the fan's hairstyles

tribeca, I just cannot stop laughing at this! The very idea of it .... Clay should do a skit of this next time he is on Kimmel.

ETA:

This is a neat fun site... it tells you the #1 song for any given date.

http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm

The #1 song for my birthday - I've never heard of!

But I just checked and

on 30 Nov 1978 when Clay was born, the #1 song was

"You Don't Bring Me Flowers" by Barbra Streisand & Neil Diamond

on 08 Aug 2008 when Parker was born, the #1 song was

"I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry

on 4 Aug 1961 when Barack Obama was born, the #1 song was

"Tossin' and Turnin'" by Bobby Lewis

Gidday ausdon!

<snip>

ETA:

This is a neat fun site... it tells you the #1 song for any given date.

http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm

The #1 song for my birthday - I've never heard of!

But I just checked and

on 30 Nov 1978 when Clay was born, the #1 song was

"You Don't Bring Me Flowers" by Barbra Streisand & Neil Diamond

on 08 Aug 2008 when Parker was born, the #1 song was

"I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry

on 4 Aug 1961 when Barack Obama was born, the #1 song was

"Tossin' and Turnin'" by Bobby Lewis

How cute! Mine's "Roses Are Red" by Bobby Vinton

Hee, mine's "Hey Paula" by Paul & Paula. But on my first birthday, it's "I Want To Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles. :) Which is appropriate, since there is a picture of me, on my first birthday, wearing a Beatles wig. :hahaha:

And sometimes its just personal preferences. Some people think he looks hot in glasses. Some don't. Some love his clothes. Some don't. Some like his hair blonde. Some. Some like snowflake hair. Some don't. Some like the glasses and orange suit. Some don't. Someone somewhere probably even liked how look at the Chicago book signing! But some didn't!

Different strokes for different folks!

Not to mention, anyone can look unattractive on any given day - and Clay is no exception. Its not really fair to diss the people who don't like how he looks and start calling them ugly. They are entitled to their opinion, as each of us are.

Sure it's fair - unless you are saying it isn't fair for them to diss him? It goes both ways. Anyways, since I'm the one who brought the term up, "personal preference", to me, should be more about what you like........not about making ugly statements about what you don't, just to stir the pot (which is, IMO, what many of the most vocal ones usually do). I guess I also grew up with the old adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Doesn't mean I love everything, just means I don't tend to post about it if I don't. And here we are, back on the old gerbil wheel, so I'm getting off now. :cryingwlaughter:

Ugh, snow again this morning. Freaking blizzard out there. Is winter over yet? I'm sooooo sick of it already.

Hey, Scarlett, my laptop is not a year old yet and it's already having issues. Generally I've been ok with laptops...this is my third. The first one died within the first two years, and they replaced it free of charge under the extended service contract I had. The second one lived a good long life, about 5-6 years or so until the screen stopped working. But this one is already overheating and shutting down on a whim, so I figure time to get it looked at before the manufacturer's warranty runs out! It's hit and miss......

And from earlier today:

W.E.I.R.D.

my niece is 12

her favorite singer is Clay Aiken :) but she doesn't think he knows he has younger fans

I think a lot of Clay's younger fans are afraid to speak up. To generalize sometimes fans can be a little harsh and overwhelming to them. i.e. The criticising Clay's apparel, how he looks bad with makeup on, how he looks bad without makeup on. Oy! I think many could take Clay's message of going out and doing something rather than just sitting at the computer. JMO

I think my birthdate song was the 1812 Overature. I'm afraid to look. :scream:

I finished my outline and printing up my materials for my tax workshop this afternoon. :woohoo: I hope they actually get people who know how to teach next year. :109: It should be fun, at least I know everyone there. First off to the gym. :medium-smiley-075:

I hope everyone has a great day. :BlowKiss:

And sometimes its just personal preferences. Some people think he looks hot in glasses. Some don't. Some love his clothes. Some don't. Some like his hair blonde. Some. Some like snowflake hair. Some don't. Some like the glasses and orange suit. Some don't. Someone somewhere probably even liked how look at the Chicago book signing! But some didn't!

Different strokes for different folks!

Not to mention, anyone can look unattractive on any given day - and Clay is no exception. Its not really fair to diss the people who don't like how he looks and start calling them ugly. They are entitled to their opinion, as each of us are.

Guess I just don't understand personal perspective that needs to express itself by being harsh and ugly. Or why opinions need to be expressed in such a nasty manner that it makes me recoil in distaste.

Why isn't it fair to diss people other than Clay who are ugly, then? And IMO they are ugly inside too.

Oh well, ugly posts can be skipped. Not like I would ever have any of the ugly-posters in my home or anywhere near my family. Even on their worst day, I would never dream of telling a friend or family member they look ugly or like a clown and that people laugh at them. That's subjective AND needlessly mean.

Yes, different strokes for what is considered unattractive, of course - but the means of expression is sometimes uglier than any look. Ugh.

I love that Clay was at the finale! I understand there are more pictures floating around, but the provenance is still iffy - hoping that gets cleared up!

I never even considered re-upping at OFC this time, because I am not gonna PAY to read that crap from "fans". Fans of their own opinions and ability to spew with impunity, again IMO.

I do wish they would stop using Orville Redenbacher in TV ads - don't they know he is dead?

Good Morning All,

Haven't been to the OFC, but I can imagine who was saying what; definately not from boredom, pot stirrers and a few who are just plain bitches...what is really ironic is that if some late night comedian made the same comments some are making; those people would be the first ones bitching and moaning about Clay being made fun of all the time. Bunch of hypocrites and yes, I have seen pictures of some of the worst offenders and they have no business criticizing someone else's hair or clothes. So, I guess I am judgemental too, but I am really sick of that crap.

Charter member of The Sisters of The Traveling Green Sweater...the look he had Sunday night...to me that was Clayton going to the show, not Clay Aiken. He was officially on his downtime; this wasn't about him...he had his moment the week before...he was just out on a date with his guy and having a good time and I don't think he gives a flying fig what people think of his clothes. Perhaps Reed likes the "Professor Aiken" look.

7 Days until The Celine Dion Concert!

:yahoo:

13 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I had the same thought!

I think my birthdate song was the 1812 Overature. I'm afraid to look. :scream:

BWAH!

djs, how can they sell Orville Reddenbacher popcorn if some of the younger folks don't know who he is? *g*

*goes back to fantasizing about removing that bowtie slowly from Clay*

ETA:

DSC_008.jpg

Hey, Scarlett, my laptop is not a year old yet and it's already having issues. Generally I've been ok with laptops...this is my third. The first one died within the first two years, and they replaced it free of charge under the extended service contract I had. The second one lived a good long life, about 5-6 years or so until the screen stopped working. But this one is already overheating and shutting down on a whim, so I figure time to get it looked at before the manufacturer's warranty runs out! It's hit and miss......

Yep good idea. Just as an aside. I have had my laptop in a couple of times (I love the laptop it works really well) BUT the first time I sent it to HP and in doing one repair they wiped my C drive clean and took it back to factory default (my laptop had a partition in it to do that, which I guess is normal) The second time I had it fixed under the extended warrantee at Best Buy, they too wiped it clean.

Yesterday, due to software conflicts, that I can't resolve no matter what, I had someone in to redo my C drive again and low and behold, the partition that held the program had been wiped clean too, now I need to buy new cd's in order to reinstall windows (cause as a dummy I didn't do the restore cds) SO my suggestion would be to burn a set of restore cd's OR at least make sure (if you have an extra partition to do this) that no one wipes it clean. Best Buy and I are going to be visiting today to see if I can get a set of cds for free, since I believe they wiped that restore partition.

Anyway word to the wise (you live and learn).

Eeep. I backed up all my data files (of course) but never even thought about making restore CDs. I've never had them wipe Windows right off the machine before. I'm dealing with Future Shop (who are dealing with HP on my behalf) so I'll be sure to check that out before I leave the store when I get the call to come pick it up!

I understand there are more pictures floating around, but the provenance is still iffy - hoping that gets cleared up!

Do I understand correctly that there are more pictures from 1/11 floating around the back channels but they aren't being publically put up on the public boards because they probably came from a private site? Ugh.....I hate the digging and the back channel shit. Sorry but I do. I want to see them as much as the next person but I wish people could just grow up and act like mature, responsible adults.