#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Entertainment Weekly on 30 Rock last night. :)

I especially liked this part:

Besides the kidney situation, there wasn't a whole lot at stake -- so this barely felt like a season finale to me. But a sweeping musical number with tons of famous people can sort of make up for that. I hope they make something of the Clay Aiken-Kenneth Parcell familial connection next season. And Lemon better get that book deal. And that "you've got two more years at best" quip from Jack....well, I refuse to apply it to 30 Rock itself. Not on my watch, biotch. Dealbreaker.

goldarngirl, whatever....I'll take anything! :lol: When I heard Itunes, I just assumed audio.

Can't wait for the clack to be available for those of us living in "Neverland"....

Cha Cha, have a great time but here's a warning about the Irish:

An American Lawyer is on vacation in Ireland. He runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a Dublin copper.

He thinks that he is smarter than the cop because he is an American Lawyer from New York and is certain that he has a better education then any Mick dressed as a cop. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the Irish cop’s expense.

Irish cop says, ' Licence and registration, please.'

New York Lawyer says, 'What for?'

Irish cop says, 'Ye didnae come to a complete stop at the stop sign.'

New York Lawyer says, 'I slowed down, and no one was coming.'

Irish cop says, 'Ye still didnae come to a complete stop. Licence and registration, please.'

New York Lawyer says, 'What's the difference?'

Irish cop says, 'The difference is, ye huvte to come to complete stop, that's the law, Licence and registration, please!'

New York Lawyer says, 'If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my licence and registration; and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket.'

Irish cop says, 'Sounds fair. Exit your vehicle, sir.'

The New York Lawyer exits his vehicle.

The Irish cop takes out his baton and starts beating the tripe out of the lawyer and says 'Dae ye want me to stop, or just slow doon?

What an absolutely beautiful rendition of UM!!!

Thanks for the YouTube link! It's also an nice HBD gift for Solo!!! (a year ago we were traveling to Kimmel and the best, but unfortunately lost, version of Ashes!!!)

:bdayparty2: :bdayparty2: :bdayparty2:

Got back from seeing Star Trek with my oldest DD (LOVED it!!!) to more answers at the OFC... how fun! He doesn't remember Cedar Point and the rides there... :cryingwlaughter: He's right... the fans do know more about him that he does... :hahaha:

I bought the Kidney Now video and Clay is in it sooo much and in one scene he just sorta takes center stage... he is tall!!! Kewl!

Solo... :bdayparty2:

I click on comcast.net to check my email this afternoon and on the home page is a picture of CLAY! The story is Ultimate Idol Power Rankings and it includes every finalist from the 8 seaons, Top 10 from Season 1, Top 12 from Seasons 2-7, and Top 13 from this year -- and ranks them. It starts with #95 (Corey Clark) and ends with #1 (Kelly Clarkson). Kelly is picked #1 because "if she hadn't made it, the show would have meant nothing going forward."

Clay is #4 and his blurb reads:

If anyone is a testament to the wild-card rule, it's Clay.
What would "Idol" be without Clay?
I mean, really? The geeky camp counselor from North Carolina went through a transformation that started when he walked into the audition room and, in some ways, hasn't really ended. Hit albums and a critically acclaimed run in "Spamalot" on Broadway could still just be the start of
what will likely be a long career

I read this several weeks ago when it was just the Top 10, but it's been expanded and revised. Adam Lambert is #9, between Ruben and Fantasia.

I tried finding that story but can't see it at comcast.net. Any chance of providing a link?

ETA: Never mind, found it

http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/tv-eyeoni...teidolrankings/

Geesh, Michael Johns deserves better than #42. Is Daughtry more successful than Clay? keepingfaith The current season 8 is not included in the list. I was looking for Adam and he is not listed....

Michael Jackson 'has skin cancer'

If this is true, I hope he can get the best possible outcome. He's still a supreme artist, and he has young children.

Is Daughtry more successful than Clay?
huh? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no. :hangin: But I'm not writing this stuff either. :P

And Adam glambert might as well be #1999 for all I care. He gives me the heebie jeebies!! blech

Sorry to hear the sad news about MJ!

So I'm probably alone on this but I have had this damn earworm all day loooong -

"Milton Greene Milton Greene Milton Greene Milton Greene Milton Gree-e-e-e-ene

He needs a kidney"

just me? :hysterical:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOLO...hope it was Grand!!

Finally watched the show on Hula. Thanks LadyJ for that website. Loved seeing Clay, Mary J and also Cyndy Lauper. Love her. As for the show..don't know anyone so couldn't really get into it. I'm sure it's a great show. I think back to all the times I watched small bits and pieces of The Wire and totally wasn't interested. But now that I'm watching it from the beginning I totally love it. Of course if Clay were ever to return it would be scheduled viewing.

I think Clay would like to do his show in Atlanta cuz it's close to home. I can't believe how many paparazzi pictures and stalker ones taken from cell phones like that last one have popped up since he's been in L.A. I don't blame him for not wanting to live there on a full time basis. Who wants to live their lives in a fishbowl? I wouldn't have the nerve to pull out my phone and start taking pictures of a celeb who clearly didn't want to be bothered.

I think it's hilarious that Clay doesn't remember every so called detail of his life. It's a trip to a theme park. Someone asked a follow up..you really don't remember the day you went to the theme park--the same day that you did this and this and this and Angela got sick and you had to sing Listen. LOL! That was the funniest thing I read all week. I bet all of the details of all of his shows run together in his mind as well.

I think I'm a day late....by an hour or so..BUT! Happy Birthday Solo!!

Made it to the new digs, in the new town, in the new country, safe and sound on Wednesday. The internet wasn't working my first day but it's humming along fine and dandy now, so I can enjoy this week's bounty of clack. It was so good to hear him sing again, even if it was a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Teasing is fine with me. What a treat to have gotten Unchained Melody, though. It was gorgeous....just like Clay himself last Saturday night.

I'd better git....

There seems to be a bit of work to be done around the house before our stuff gets here next week..... :cryingwlaughter: .....not that I REALLY believe it will get here as promised. We're out shopping this weekend for a car, closet space, curtain fabric, and groceries. I also need to find someone who shampoos upholstery. Pretty white sofas aren't so pretty when they aren't so white....ugh!

At least I got the landlord to come and collect his personal belongings.....and his wife's collection of Buddhas.

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until The NCT Awards! :yahoo:

153 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Happy Saturday Morning, FCA! :BlowKiss:

What a wild and wonderful week, some of which I included in my latest blog:

bananatype.gifClay Soars with UM, '30 Rock' / Week of High Notes -- Definitely a week in the stratosphere, this blog incorporates video of "Unchained Melody" from the David Foster & Friends after-party, post '30 Rock' links, dress rehearsal for Sunday's spring recital, and an update (pictures coming!) on three-day-old granddaughter Maya, who went home Friday.

The entry, which includes a Sendspace for UM, is posted at the OFC and at Carolina On My Mind with a video player. Hope you enjoy! :wub:

Happy (Belated) Birthday to Solo! :balloons:

Y'all may know about this, but I found this media converter link at CV. Browse to a video or montage file as the input, and this allows you to change the output choice -- mp3, for example: Media converter.

When I had to have surgery on my thyroid I told the (bastard) doctor that as long as he was slitting my throat anyway, I'd appreciate it if he'd remove my double chin, but I woke up with it.

Good for Clay--might as well benefit from misery.

Nobody says it better, Wanda! :cryingwlaughter:

Have a great trip, ChaCha! Looking forward to the pix! :P

Welcome "home," Kareneh! :)

Have an awesome weekend, all! :yahoo:

Caro listen.gif

I think I'm a day late....by an hour or so..BUT! Happy Birthday Solo!!

Made it to the new digs, in the new town, in the new country, safe and sound on Wednesday. The internet wasn't working my first day but it's humming along fine and dandy now, so I can enjoy this week's bounty of clack. It was so good to hear him sing again, even if it was a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Teasing is fine with me. What a treat to have gotten Unchained Melody, though. It was gorgeous....just like Clay himself last Saturday night.

I'd better git....

There seems to be a bit of work to be done around the house before our stuff gets here next week..... :cryingwlaughter: .....not that I REALLY believe it will get here as promised. We're out shopping this weekend for a car, closet space, curtain fabric, and groceries. I also need to find someone who shampoos upholstery. Pretty white sofas aren't so pretty when they aren't so white....ugh!

At least I got the landlord to come and collect his personal belongings.....and his wife's collection of Buddhas.

Kareneh, I'm glad you made it safely to your new home .... and happy to hear that your Internet's working (ulterior motive) since this week, I got confirmed to do our North Sea implementation which will involve a couple of site visits, either later this year or early next year! Though of course, if the cute guy announces some shows I'll probably see you over here first!!! :)

*waves to Caro*

Have a great trip, Chacha!

So I'm probably alone on this but I have had this damn earworm all day loooong -

"Milton Greene Milton Greene Milton Greene Milton Greene Milton Gree-e-e-e-ene

He needs a kidney"

just me? :hysterical:

Nope....I was singing the song all day yesterday. I'm sure people looked at me kind of weird....

I think it's hilarious that Clay doesn't remember every so called detail of his life. It's a trip to a theme park. Someone asked a follow up..you really don't remember the day you went to the theme park--the same day that you did this and this and this and Angela got sick and you had to sing Listen. LOL! That was the funniest thing I read all week. I bet all of the details of all of his shows run together in his mind as well.

Once again, this fandom reminds of me of the "GET A LIFE!" Star Trek skit from SNL. To the fans (or at least a few of them), these "important events" are etched on their brains. Clay? He seems to sometimes have a hard time remembering what he had for lunch that particular day! So I wasn't surprised by his answer.

Speaking of Star Trek, I finally get to see it this afternoon! Woohoo!

Good to hear from you KarenEh!

I made an mp3 of the Kidney song if anyone is interested, for my iPod.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x2a8ev

ETA another mp3. UM from the youtube rip.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pjnvao

And a trimmed version of deborah760's Cetera medley (minus the intro).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gd1omr

Last one, trimmed America.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iw2ojx

Thanks very much, luckiest1!!! :thankyou:

(I'm off to see a couple of DD's daughter's friends get ordained -- and will take video for them of the ceremony, but I hope to use my iPod once in a while... is it wrong? *ducks lightning*)

Thanks very much, luckiest1!!! :thankyou:

(I'm off to see a couple of DD's daughter's friends get ordained -- and will take video for them of the ceremony, but I hope to use my iPod once in a while... is it wrong? *ducks lightning*)

DITTO -- many thnx, luckiest1! :thankyou:

:hello: Waving back, Scarlett! Have a great time at the ordination ceremony. Ipod sounds great, LOL!

Caro

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I've accepted that I can't be 12 forever but I'm not ready to put my actual year of birth in my profile. I hope next year we can all celebrate at a Clay concert!

I made an mp3 of the Kidney song if anyone is interested, for my iPod.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x2a8ev

ETA another mp3. UM from the youtube rip.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pjnvao

And a trimmed version of deborah760's Cetera medley (minus the intro).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gd1omr

Last one, trimmed America.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iw2ojx

:thankyou: :thankyou:

Thanks from me too, luckiest1! :BlowKiss: The Kidney song is addictive, isn't it?? :hahaha:

Belated Happy birthday, Solo!

Whew, finally getting all my stuff organized on my new computer. Does anyone know if I can d/l Java safely with IE? I read somewhere that IE doesn't support Java since Dec. 2007. What does that mean?