#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Morning all! The photo tourney is definitely back in swing, and I thank you for all your support. Here's yesterday's winner, and the second in our sweet 16...

Misty.jpg

Today's photo tourney is here! Don't forget to vote in the poll at the top of the page...

37 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions's Gala!

Wheeee! 5 weeks today until I am winging my way to NC! :)

Aaaack!! 5 weeks today until I am winging my way to NC! :lol:

....and I need to find a black bra that actually FITS....and shoes that are: backless, comfortable, and pretty....YIKES!!

the truth shall set you free. Spent 5 minutes at the courthouse -- depsite the warning that no excuses would be heard on first day of service -- I got a sympathetic sistah that let me leave heee. I would love to do jury duty but I just can't be sitting in court all day at present.

couchie... I have jury duty Oct 2... have to call in every night to see if I have to show up or not. We only have two people in our office so it makes it very hard when one is out, cause we have to lock the door and turn the phones to automatic to go to the restroom. What will be will be.

I've been chosen twice to be on jurys and both times it was settled out of court after the first day of testimony. I'm a Libra and have a hard time chosing sides, so that made me very happy. Hope my luck holds.

Someone I know is looking for an extra $250 gala ticket. I posted about it in the gala breakfast thread, but I didn't know if many people would see it there. So if anyone has a lead on one for sale, please drop me a PM. TIA! Hope you can forgive this newbie for interrupting.

ClayIzzaQT, I may have something for your friend. Could you PM me at CV (my inbox here is somewhat full)?

Also, didn't we share a room at the Asheville DCAT? That Crowne Plaza was just a maze of tinytwisty passages, all alike....

Thanks for your help with the clack security that night! :claykiss:

ETA:

BTW, gg, I hope I'm not keeping you waiting on the Vancouver clips. My hard drive got fried last weekend so I need some time to get all set again. Also need to tell you again how much I love the work you and lucky do!!! :BlowKiss:

ETAA: Can't believe I have to work on a serverat 9pm tonight -- thank goodness for VPN...

ClayIzzaQT, I may have something for your friend. Could you PM me at CV (my inbox here is somewhat full)?

Also, didn't we share a room at the Asheville DCAT? That Crowne Plaza was just a maze of tinytwisty passages, all alike....

Thanks for your help with the clack security that night! :claykiss:

ETA:

BTW, gg, I hope I'm not keeping you waiting on the Vancouver clips. My hard drive got fried last weekend so I need some time to get all set again. Also need to tell you again how much I love the work you and lucky do!!! :BlowKiss:

ETAA: Can't believe I have to work on a serverat 9pm tonight -- thank goodness for VPN...

I think I'm good for a teensy bit. Only on Christmas Serenade. SO I think a still have a few. I saw what happened with your harddrive (so sorry to hear it) what a pain. Thanks for thinking about us and thank you for the compliment, we appreciate it.

luckiest, I am having laptop problems. Everytime I turn it off I have to reset the keyboard drivers. I have no viruses and no spyware. My son says short Microsoft. Hopefully I'll have time to contact HP today.

Have a great day FCA, I'll be reading and voting whenever I can. And of course waiting for Clay news.

You know, I never get TOO worried when there's a long pause between posts. Yeah, it means Clay's "out of the picture" for a while, and yeah, that does make me sad sometimes. And yet -- IMO anyway -- it gives me some perspective on my life. If nothing else, hubby appreciates the extra time!

Fear, sorry to hear about your laptop problems. And your harddrive problems, Scarlett!

Yesterday's photo poll was a VERY interesting battle. For most of the day, one picture led, although by only a few votes. Then, right before I went to bed, I checked the totals, and the OTHER picture was leading. I get up this morning...and there's a tie. Pulled out my trusty coin to bring the winner for today:

15Playlist_b.jpg

Here's today's poll.

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm going to post the voting link for Twitterwall, for those who would like to vote for Clay but might not have it handy.

Please when you post this link will you post a simple warning within your post for those who may not be aware of a possible problem, and instructions on what to do should a problem arise.

ETA:

I'm going to post the voting link for Twitterwall, for those who would like to vote for Clay but might not have it handy.

Please when you post this link will you post a simple warning within your post for those who may not be aware of a possible problem, and instructions on what to do should a problem arise.

Sorry, I wouldn't know what the problem is as I've never seen one...and I think you just did.

:)

OK, I will do it. I would rather the warning and instructions were in the post in which the link is posted, as someone who is going to click on a link will often do that before continuing on to the next post.

The warning: Strummer caught a bad virus from the site that FromClaygary linked to above. Strummer went out of her way to call someone immediately (since her computer was no longer functional) to post a warning on all the boards about this site. Others have also had the "invitation" on the site, but managed to avoid the virus.

The instructions: Should you be on the site, and a box comes up on your screen that says your computer is infected, do not click on that box, even on "cancel." Any click on the box will start downloading a virus to your computer. Some have been able to get rid of the box by clicking on the X on the right hand corner of the box. In encountering this situation on other sites, in the past, I have found that this will not always work. My advice would be to shut down your browser, or if you are not able to do so, your computer, immediately, should that box stating that your computer is infected appear on your screen.

Sorry, I wouldn't know what the problem is as I've never seen one...and I think you just did.

:)

:hello::hello:

:hello::hello:

How's that new car?

Thanks for asking. I really like it. The best thing about a new car is knowing as you drive off the lot you don't have to do that again for a few more years....but wait. What was I doing on Saturday? Yep looking for a new car! My DD decided to buy a new one and of course needed our help. So off we go to the dealers! Arrgghh!!

At least she only went to 3 and bought the first car she looked at. She got a Nissan Cube which is adorable. Now all I need is my DH to tell me he wants a new one and I will go crazy!

Bye the way thanks for all the Birthday wishes. I was too busy celebrating to comment before! (Ha ha)