#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

I've been giving some deep thought to the topics of the day, and what I've concluded after much research is that Clay is one of very few people who can be both hilarious and lickable at the same time. :flirtysmile3:

heee Love it. I 10th that nomination.

The first I heard of Devin or that there were Clay fans mourning the great demise of Clay and Reed (as in deeming to judge a relationship they aren't in and be honestly pissed about it ) was in Reno. So I'm happy to be out of the loop. If that's a picture of Devin all I can say is clay has great taste and I hope he is happy! That's all I want for Clay and if Devin is the one (or the one this year) then good for him LOL.

I'll just go reserve Clay fan for Devin domain right now :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Now I think I need to download that video ...and while I'm at it..buy a sound card :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Oh and when I get that card or a new computer - I'll take Suspicious Minds. Lucky, I know I fell down on the job before but I think LadyJ and KF will verify that I have no trouble listening to SM over and over and over again.

Happy Sunday!

Couchie, you like Suspicious Minds? Who knew? If we'd known you like it that much we could have played in on a loop ... oh yeah, never-mind.

Being that it's Sunday morning, I'm offering a small video edit (about 60 seconds) of the Reverend Bishop Studdard's service to click on. This is one of those truly special moments for me.

th_ThePriceIsRight.jpg

The first I heard of Devin or that there were Clay fans mourning the great demise of Clay and Reed (as in deeming to judge a relationship they aren't in and be honestly pissed about it ) was in Reno. So I'm happy to be out of the loop.

Sitting here pondering posts I've read on various boards for years that dream about a hot-loving Clay Aiken breaking hearts from coast to coast. As soon as he dumps the first guy we know about, some are severely pissed. Sometimes I think this fandom, collectively, needs to recline on a comfortable couch.

The first I heard of Devin or that there were Clay fans mourning the great demise of Clay and Reed (as in deeming to judge a relationship they aren't in and be honestly pissed about it ) was in Reno. So I'm happy to be out of the loop.

Sitting here pondering posts I've read on various boards for years that dream about a hot-loving Clay Aiken breaking hearts from coast to coast. As soon as he dumps the first guy we know about, some are severely pissed. Sometimes I think this fandom, collectively, needs to recline on a comfortable couch.

It's that old fantasy versus reality bugaboo and some fans have trouble separating the two...me...if Clay is happy that is all that matters to me no matter who he is with.

Kim

It's that old fantasy versus reality bugaboo and some fans have trouble separating the two...me...if Clay is happy that is all that matters to me no matter who he is with.

Clay's the only one who knows his own reality, or when and if he's happy at any particular time. When extrapolating and dreaming and surmising and reading the tea leaves and believing what somebody else told somebody who told you, when all that doesn't make you happy, stop.

Being that it's Sunday morning, I'm offering a small video edit (about 60 seconds) of the Reverend Bishop Studdard's service to click on. This is one of those truly special moments for me.

What venue is that from, kf? Love the Reverend Bishop Doctor Deacon (but not Bob Barker) Studdard! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm one who mourned the end of the Relay because I love Reed. It took me a bit of time to recalibrate, but now I can happily be a fan of Clay and separately a fan of Reed - it's just different than it was, but it's all good. Devin appears to be cute, brainy, and slightly goofy, and I like what little I've seen of him, too. Clay seems to have very diverse taste in boyfriends. You go, dude! :P

Oh and when I get that card or a new computer - I'll take Suspicious Minds. Lucky, I know I fell down on the job before but I think LadyJ and KF will verify that I have no trouble listening to SM over and over and over again.

Happy Sunday!

Couchie I already started on "Suspicious Minds", but if you really want it, I'll switch to something else. :lilredani:

I know it's not everyone's favorite, but I'll take WISYS. I love the ATDW version, and I think he did a stellar job on this tour with it.

Does that mean I also get to watch/listen to all the Rev. Dr. Bishop Studdard clips too? Hee.

luckiest, give me a deadline -- please! It's the only way I'll get it done!

Looking up luckiest's list:

cindilu2 - 80s medley

FearOfH20 - Suspicious Minds

I could suggest Mandy for couchie, but then she'd never speak to me again. Maybe I should take that, as I seem to be one of the few Mandy lovers out there. OK, I've changed my mind -- I'll do Mandy.

Therefore...

ldyjocelyn - Mandy

I know it's not everyone's favorite, but I'll take WISYS. I love the ATDW version, and I think he did a stellar job on this tour with it.

Does that mean I also get to watch/listen to all the Rev. Dr. Bishop Studdard clips too? Hee.

luckiest, give me a deadline -- please! It's the only way I'll get it done!

Well, can't really set a deadline when we are still waiting for clack. But it'd be nice to get it done before the October clack starts rolling in (Chicago + Gala).

Is there a list?

So far only this:

cindilu2 - 80s medley

FearOfH20 - Suspicious Minds

ldyjocelyn - When I See You Smile

If y'all are doing a 'best of' and that's what the list is about, I can give you the best Revival performance of the tour right now. It was last Saturday night in Biloxi. I downloaded every Preacher/Revival link available for every performance because they tweaked it every night until they got it how they wanted it. The skit started funny in Asheville and got better as it moved along the road. By the last night, they had it; it was done. And this clip has three, no four, jokes that no other had that crack me up, including The Price is Right theme. And, as I wrote last week, I heard two men at separate times rave about it while leaving the show. Anyway, it's been uploaded to You Tube today so you can see the entire thing for yourself.

Hampton Beach would be the runner-up simply because Clay and Ruben cracked each other up. I love it when Clay can't keep it together to talk and Ruben is tapping on his head. I laugh every time. For me, that one starts at the point when Clay walks out in his swaddling clothes.

But The Revival at the Beau Rivage, was shorter, oh so sweet, and damned funny. I absolutely advise watching it full screen. Wanna see it? Here it goes.

The Revival at the Beau Rivage

I'd be happy to take the 60's or the 70's. The Sixties, I've got some definite opinions, and throughout it Clay is the best dancer on the stage. He's the only one who knows how to do The Jerk! I wouldn't mind doing the Seventies either, especially since Clay does more singing in the 70's than in the 60's medley. And, DGBMH and MTAF are in that decade. Okay, I'll take that one for the team. Give me the 70's.

ETA: Couchie, you could kill on the 90's, if you had a damn sound card.

You can now download Clay's episode of Phineas and Ferb from iTunes. I found it by going to the iTunes Store, and using the search button. All I had to type in was "phi" and Phineas and Ferb - Summer Belongs to You came up as one of the top suggestions, so it wasn't hard to find. Scroll down the page a bit to TV Episodes for the download button.

I laughed so hard during this. It takes several revival clips and puts them together. Enjoy, This was done by SueRue:

That's a great video. I love the unscripted parts so much, and they were so good at it. I LOL at the Snoqualmie bit when Rubin says, "These people are tired of seeing you mess up on stage," and Clay cracks up. It's all good. In my estimation, this skit was the funniest Clay has ever been, and Ruben is the rock. Can you tell I love it?

I laughed so hard during this. It takes several revival clips and puts them together. Enjoy, This was done by SueRue:

Hello, all! :BlowKiss:

This montage by SueReu leads the new Carolina On My Mind blog. Also featured is a visual Timeless Tour montage entitled "Celebration" by clayaikenfan4ever18. Both include Sendspace download links.

Did y'all know that Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys has recorded an album of Gershwin? I included a couple of links about this, too.

Sorry I'm so late getting over here. Half of my Monday music lesson schedule, which was all set to begin tomorrow, came unraveled tonight. After many emails, phone calls, and shifts, it is at least back to the juggling stage.

Thnx for stopping by the Carolina blog when you can. Have a great week! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

I'll take the 60s KF. I'm an old school girl at heart.

Yes, take the 60's for Couchie Mama -- I know she'd love to listen to all the Sam Cooke and Marvin Gaye! You know, my favorite of the 60's medley is perhaps the shortest clip -- Doris Troy's Just One Look. It was probably my favorite song of 1963, right before I abandoned my existing life in 1964 for The Beatles, and my continuing quest to solve the Kennedy Assassination (because there was no Oswald in that 6th floor window). By 1965 I was back to loving my Motown and Jr. Walker's Shotgun was a huge favorite. Watching Clay do The Jerk so perfectly just hit on my heart. But, again, I've never stopped loving Just One Look, and it's one of the few songs I've actually ever sung to someone! I'm pretty sure I lived in Ruben's '60's. I didn't recognize much of Clay's. He sang good, though!

Just One Look - Original Atlantic Single 1963

I just made myself a DVD of Biloxi! Wow was that a great concert or what? I'm going to have to d/l all of the shows now. I played the sucker on 2 of my computers but it won't play on my tv! Any ideas?

I just made myself a DVD of Biloxi! Wow was that a great concert or what? I'm going to have to d/l all of the shows now. I played the sucker on 2 of my computers but it won't play on my tv! Any ideas?

Wish I could help you! :/

Quiet1ne wrote:
notacanuck wrote: It's Impossible is #9 on this music chart in Badung Bali, Indonesia.

http://creativedisc....untdown-13-aug/

This radio station is in Padung Sumatra, Indonesia. It's Impossible is #17 this week, up from #25.

http://www.classyfm....42-hitlist.html

From CH. Whee! For some reason, this made me feel happy!