# 12 An Evening With His Royal Highness Fantasy Fodder

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ahhh, skin, tractors, fading tan and growing arm fur. All's right with the world.
    • Another talented dude who reputedly wields a big wand.
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • Does he know he's so DWEAMIE????
    • Hips, thighs. derrierre, it's all there!!!
    • If the pants get any lower he'll need a hard-on to keep them up.
    • The spirit just moved him.
    • The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it. Ah.Freaking.Mazing. The Man, the Music. All of it.

hfsweetkisslargefu8.gif

I love this one Gibby - thanks!

Did anyone else notice in huskerfalcon's clack of this, that Clay's face changed completely when he realized that Angela really didn't feel well? It's around the :20 mark. He went from snarking to concerned in 1 second flat - made my heart go pitter pat. I love that he's such a thoughtful guy - and the kiss? Well, that just put my awwwww-factor way over the top. There are so many reasons to love this man!

You're welcome, Puddins! Clay can really be a sweet guy - when he's not being a tease! :)

Welcome, AAIT!! I've enjoyed your posts on other boards, and it's wonderful to see you here.

rcknrllmom - I noticed your new avie, and the saying beneath it, right away. Heeeee! Very nice.

I really enjoyed reading the report about Clay at 'Idol, the Musical.' I wonder if he was hiding under his program because he really wanted to laugh his head off, but didn't want to hurt the feelings of the actors. Seems like they were taking it pretty seriously since he was there.

And the far funniest moments was during the "Burning Hunk of Clay"/Claygasm no. when the actress was making out w/ the Clay bust, then started to remove her cardigan, skirt & pulled out the whip, screaming, "Oh Clay, OH CLAY" his eyes got so big I thought they were going to pop. Mary was shaking all over laughing.

I feel so honored to have a scene in this fine, fine musical named after moi! :cryingwlaughter:

I would never, ever want to sit through that play again, but I would have paid money to watch Clay watch that play! Knowing some of the scenes, his expressions and comments after would have been priceless!!! Oh to have been a fly on the wall afterwards!

Ok, cleansing breath out!!

Just jumping in here! Thank you for the invite and recommendation, muskifest and claygasm!!! FCA is a lovely place, as you both, and JaMar, said it was! :F_05BL17blowkiss: around!!

Good luck with your towel plan, muski! Let us know how it goes!!!

How fun that Clay got to attend Idol, The Musical tonight and that stripedshirts was there to witness it! Loved her recap. What a lucky, wonderful week for her!

Yes, I've let the washer cycle progress without said articles of whatever needing to be washed because I got wrapped up in something Clay. Sounds like a perfectly normal thing to me!

Ohhhhh, so many pretties. The photos and videos for this tour are amazing. Here's to continued great fortune in the remaining weeks of it. I love it when the photos catch the brilliance and clarity of Clay's eyes, as the pucker photo upthread does. What an awesome moment in time to capture. So much beauty.

Heading out for San Diego in a few days for the original Cali-3fer. Can't wait! Wound up with great seats for San Diego and LA. I'm looking forward to each venue and all the shows, of course. Hoping to meet more people while on the trip!

A great Saturday is wished to all!

:giveflowers:

YAY!!!!!! AAIT is here!!! Welcome! It was great meeting you in Houston. I always enjoy it when you host the CV stream. You'll be at 3 of the CA4-fer too? Maybe we'll run into each other there!

I got a new avi...blame my 15 year old dd for it...

think I am raising that one right! lol

Um, yeah! You have definitely taught your children what is important in life! LOVE the avie. Why, its worthy of muski! You should be very, very proud!!!!!

OT but we were speaking of Michael Vick at some point...no?

Dogs will have their day

the St. Paul Saints are making plans to give away 2,500 "Michael Vick" dog chew toys designed with the Atlanta Falcons' team colors and the No. 7 worn by the team's embattled quarterback.

:clap:

You go Saints!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap:

Well, can't hang here long. Must get ready to go to Newark to see our boyfriend! My friend and I are going up and staying the night with another friend. I will try and report in after on her computer. I am taking my camera because I have really good seats so if the camera police aren't too diligent in their jobs I may have a picture or two to share when I get home tomorrow. I am no Karen Eh? but sometimes I get a nice picture.

See you all later!!

:TourExcite: :Tour3: :DoClay: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Bwah!, rcknrlmom, your new avie CMSU!

and...other stuff :Thud: Of course, we know that he's not really grabbing his crotch...his fist wouldn't be able to be so tightly closed. :hubbahubba:

Bustle, bustle today! Hubby getting ready for long road trip! Younger daughter involved in softball team bake sale and garage sale! Older daughter going to my office with me!

and I just realized that since I haven't yet done the fingerprinting for the biometrics sign-in after hours at my new office building, she and I might not even get in today!

crap. If they won't let us in, guess I just won't be able work, huh. ;):whistling-1:

Edited by muskifest

HA! As I was scrolling through the thread, I saw your avi and was about to post that surely Kayla didn't make that one! I see I was wrong.... :cryingwlaughter:

I watched "Stay", and of course I especially enjoyed the SH footage around the one minute mark where Clay was writhing around like someone had dropped a kitten down the back of his shirt. He's so silly. :P Also, I haven't been downloading much bus video because what I've seen is so quick and usually pretty dark, but the footage Kayla used at the end of her montage was really good, so it was nice to see.

The group's had a couple of nights off, so they should be in prime shape tonight. And since this will be the last concert for a few days, I bet it will be very high energy.

Safe travels to all!

Good luck getting into the building, Muski.

I'm bringing over an interestin list. I agree that a grain of salt is needed.

From Lylekira at CV:

Speaking of BB4CA, someone over there put together a list of all the little tidbits we've "learned" from the Meet and Greets with Clay. Remember these are from from M&G's and are subject to the Aiken Fog so sprinkle with a dash of salt. However, its a cool list, and I had missed some of these things.

1. The reason that he doesn't sing "Touch" is that he simply doesn't like the song.

2. Clay really doesn't care for the song "Shine" either.

3. Raleigh loves to travel and even whined when Clay left her to go on the Evening with Clay Aiken 2007 Tour".

4. Clay doesn't like for fans to contact his Mother about things that upset them and asked that if there is something you don't like to contact him.

5. Clay will stay with RCA as long as they will have him.

6. Clay isn't a Harry Potter fan.

7. Clay let us know that the new CD might take longer than we have ever had to wait.

8. He was not that fond of "A Thousand Days".

9. Clay had a more positive inclination toward "Tears Run Dry".

10. We also learned that he likes creamy and crunchy peanut butter- as long as the peanuts are crunchy, not rubbery.

11. He likes ketchup, mustard, and mayo on his hot dogs.

12. He sleeps on the left side of the bed, right side if you are looking at it.

13. He gave his white Volvo to mom.

14. He kept his silver Volvo convertible in LA.

15. He also likes Audi cars.

16. Has loud frogs in his pond; and can imitate their sounds.

17. Jamie doesn't like frogs.

18. Durham is "dumb".

19. Durham and Raleigh from different breeders.

20. Raleigh is from the same bloodline as the dog on "Something about Mary".

21. "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?" tapes sometime in August.

22. He and Jamie went to his college friend's wedding.

23. He previewed possible new upbeat song for new CD in Canandaigua. Wouldn't tell us the the name of it or give us the initials.

24. Jaymes is allowed to call him "Clayton".

25. He wants an educational-type talk show; would like maybe Diane Sawyer & Larry King as guests.

26. RCA is happy w/new producer choice for new CD.

27. Clay willing to fight for what he wants on the new CD.

28. Regarding changing labels ..."better the devil you know than the devil you don't"...all labels have their problems.

29. He likes most people he works w/@ RCA.

30. He did not read our "Songs We Dare You To Sing" thread so he did not get the ideas from us.

31. He said he wasn't really into or wasn't feeling "Back For More" so he won't be recording it.

32. "These Open Arms" is his current favorite to sing and he never gets tired of singing Invisible.

33. He likes when people stand up! When asked what to do if the person behind you tells you to sit down? He said to tell them to be quiet.

34. In an effort to make these meet and greets special he tells some things that he asked the winners not to share on the boards.

35. "This Is The Night" is a hard song to sing.

36. He has no contol over what singles are put out from the album....he can only give his opinion.

37. If he could have picked a single from ATDW he would have chose Lonely No More or These Open Arms.

38. Clay gives great hugs.

39. Clay looks you in the eyes when he talks to you.

40. Clay was told by the label to do a covers CD or wait three years. So he chose the covers CD rather than the long wait.

41. Clay was asked about a PBS special and said they contemplated one but want to wait until he has more original material.

42. TBAF will expand into adult programs as Mike Bubel ages & matures.

43. Doesn't plan to do country songs; pop can crossover into country, but not vice versa.

44. Imitated Arnold Schartzenegger;

45. Has done more than just meet Arnold Schartzenegger in Canada (apparently sang at a private governatorial event 1-2 years ago).

46. Re: secrets told for M&G's only: Clay said, "This is my serious face...if it gets out, I will know who tells and there will be no more meet and greets for anyone!" (snarky)

47. Appreciates his fans; doesn't take for granted.

48. Was asked if he'd like to work more with Steven Curtis Chapman and joked that SCC won't call him back or return his calls.

He said "we do talk to each other...in fact...he hasn't called me back! I left him a message before I went to Afghanistan and he still hasn't called me back!" he turned to Jamie and Mary and acted mad and said "He hasn't called me back!!" I said "Maybe he needs your new iphone number!" Clay said "it's the same!" I said, "well there goes that excuse!"

49. RE: SCC, We did work on a song awhile back. Brett said something to my mom and I was talking to Steven about it and he wrote a song. It was called "What I'm fighting for" It was a great song and I wanted to put it on the album, but then it didn’t really fit on the album since we changed direction with it. I think Steven is going to use it, now. (October)

50. Asked if he would do a Christian CD and he said he would like to do it someday but label would not support it.

51. He was asked if he and Jimmy Kimmel are good friends and he said yes that they each have a poster of the other over their beds... (snark ????)

52. Clay said he does not like "Back for More"! He thinks it is "cheesy" and oly sang it because the audience wanted it.

53. When asked if BAF galas would be in Raleigh, he said No, they will look at other cities. Talked to him about the 100 camps goal. Yes, but look how much money we raised at Raleigh Gala when all I had to do is @#%$ myself out.

54. When asked if fans could help with label, he said good question....No, just buy it even if it is crap.

55. He said that things are going very well right now, they are on the same page with the CD.

56. He told us in the M&G (Sterling Heights) that he does NOTHING to warm up before a show. Doesn't gargle with olive oil, doesn't do "mi mi mi mi" - just prays.

57. Clay was asked if he and Kimmel were as close as Kimmel says. Clay said, “we do talk to each other on the phone. He is really funny. Have you ever seen his show? He's just really funny!"

58. There was a question about if Clay had something to do with Kimmel getting something in north Carolina...Clay said "I actually had NOTHING to do with that, but it's nice for him to give me credit anyway!"

59. Clay was told that Kimmel says Clay is his "go to" guy! And Clay made a funny face (like he was thinking about that statement) and said "do I really want to be Kimmel's go to guy?" and laughed.

60. He said that the label was being very supportive and working well with him on what all to put on the next album. Said they seemed to be on the same page.

61. Columbus to be last night we will hear "A Thousand Days". He's falling asleep during it, it is so boring

62. "A Thousand Days" is hard on his voice and drags on and on. (don't know if Clay said that or not.)

63. He read the Columbus review with regards to "Lover All Alone". He's mostly thinking about dinner and food. Someone asked him he was a "Lover All Alone", he gave a very political answer. He just tried to write things that worked.

64. Clay said that he had no idea when the new albun would be out but he could assure us it will be all new material, no covers.

65. He does eat all the recipes that are in his book. Someone said they did not like the spaggetti recipe and he said " I am telling my mama cause it is her recipe"

66. Clay was telling us about putting in something different in place of "A Thousand Days" and he said "knock on wood" and he knocked on my head.

67. Questions were asked about the new CD and he said it would be a very long time. Given Clay's definition of "soon", I hate to even think about "a very long time",

68. Someone asked what were his favorite venues to play, he took alot of time to think, I noticed that that his cheek was twitching when he was thinking. He finally stated that he likes auditoriums best because then people were close to the stage and he likes to have his audience close.

69. He talked about the upcoming Christmas tour and how he thought it was scheduled mostly in the midwest. No Canada stops - he didn't even think there was a raleigh stop this Christmas.

70. He mentioned they had sent a male producer some music and if he comes back with the right kinda sound that Clay's looking for, then it will be a done deal and will be announced sometime when the tour was over.

71. He talked alot about missing his dogs and how the two of them were plenty. He stated he missed Raleigh - he wouldn't name who was allergic on the bus but stated it wasn't Jesse and not to believe the boards.

72. Someone asked him if he was happy and he said of course he was happy, why wouldn't he be?

I think we could add a few too:

73. Clay has grown less fond of MOAM or doesn't like it as much as he used to.

74. Jerome used to work for rappers and had to wear a bullet proof vest. Very happy working for Clay. Its like a vacation, and he's gonna stay with Clay for a long long time.

I would like it better if the michael vick dog chews were in the shape of michael vick. I have heard people stole dogs out of the backyards around here to used to train pit bulls, I won't go into detail but it is not good how they render the dogs helpless to fight back. Lots of dog fighting in some towns near me. My neighbors puppy disappeared when someone came into thier back yard and cut the line. I never put my dog out unless I can watch it from the main floor close to the door.

Towels - my brother used to take 2 showers a day and use two towels at a time and leave them on his wooden floor in his bedroom. My Mother used to complain to me, I told her to complain to him, but she was afraid he would move out of the house too young - now parents know the kids never ever leave until pushed! Not a girl thing, we had to do laundry, we knew.

NEWARK - need money for tonight - see you later!

Good Afternoon, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Huge welcome to AAIT - glad to have you here! :nanalove:

Love the "Idol" recap by Stripedshirts! What a night that must have been for the cast and crew! :)

I've been working on my flute chops this morning to fill in for my sister at a gig in Winston this evening. It's supposed to end at 7, which should put me in my seat for the cellcert at 8. I would really like to be in that beautiful hall in New Jersey. Clay won't have to worry about bugs tonight! :lol:

Kayla's new montage is neat, Rcknrllmom. So are the wallpapers, which I hope she will post in the PSP Forum at CV (Winging It Thread). :clap:

Y'all have a great day, and I'll see you tonight after the gig ... :09: <--- actually, our group will be a violin-flute duo, LOL!

Caro listen.gif

Thankyou soooo much my pals for the lovely b'day greetings! Did my little ticker a world of good.

Will I see anyone in Cary Asheville Knoxville? I hope so. PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

On a darker topic, there's a special place in Hell reserved for animal torturers , IMO. A pox on those people!

(I"m refering to the Michael Vick thing of course)

Can't wait to hear Clay talk about "Idol the Musical " tonite.

HA! As I was scrolling through the thread, I saw your avi and was about to post that surely Kayla didn't make that one! I see I was wrong.... :cryingwlaughter:

I watched "Stay", and of course I especially enjoyed the SH footage around the one minute mark where Clay was writhing around like someone had dropped a kitten down the back of his shirt. He's so silly. :P Also, I haven't been downloading much bus video because what I've seen is so quick and usually pretty dark, but the footage Kayla used at the end of her montage was really good, so it was nice to see.

The group's had a couple of nights off, so they should be in prime shape tonight. And since this will be the last concert for a few days, I bet it will be very high energy.

Safe travels to all!

LOL...nope she made that one.....and one other I am using at CV now... this...

heckyes.gif

sure glad she is my Clay buddy!

That's a great list lylekira brought from BB4CA to CV. Thanks for bringing it over here. I have only one quibble, and it has to do with one of those fan things where rumors and misunderstandings become truth. Anntherese from CH tried to clarify that, but it's been pretty much ignored (probably because it's more "fun" the other way). #40 says,

40. Clay was told by the label to do a covers CD or wait three years. So he chose the covers CD rather than the long wait.

With the last album, they had a choice...to do the cover CD or else have to wait even longer to get out a CD. He said they chose to put out the CD of covers rather than wait.

Last night you told us that his choice during the last album cycle as presented to him by the label was make a covers CD or wait three years, is this accurate?

Last night in chat I did mention that Clay said something about "waiting 3 years" in reference to the making of the last CD. Today when I was writing my recap, I deliberately left that piece of information out because to be quite honest, I couldn't remember the exact context in which it was said and I did not want anything I might write to be misconstrued, misunderstood or misinterpreted. So, I left it out rather than include something that was unclear. However, since I mentioned it in chat last night, and it is being mentioned now on main, I will try to address it as best I can.

Please understand that I did not keep an audio recorder in my purse recording every word Clay said. So, I can't go back and listen to it again to know exactly what he said. I am relying on my memory in which there are bits and pieces of words and sentences that remain, but some that have already begun to fade.

My recollection is quite simply that Clay talked about having a choice on the last CD: to do the covers or wait...and here's where I think he said... something to the effect of ..."wait another 3 years". I don't think that number had any significance beyond that it meant they had to choose between doing the CD of covers or else wait and not put out a CD at that time. I think it was as Corabeth mentioned in her post...that they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think at that time, they didn't want to have to wait another "3 years" (or however long it would be) to put out the sophomore CD. (MY words...not his!). MOAM came out in 2003 and it was early 2006 when we got the blog to "open your minds for something different" and the "love songs Valentine blog". So there's 3 years right there. He may have just been implying that it already was almost 3 years since MOAM and they didn't want to have to wait another "3 years" to put out the next CD. A figure of speech sort of thing rather than a literal representation of time. He did not say or imply that the label told him "do this CD or else wait for 3 more years". It was Clay describing the decision they had to make back then of doing the CD of covers.

Is that clearer? Does that clarify some of the confusion? I don't think he was referring to the CD they are working on now. He stated that right now the process is going well. I think the 3 years was in reference to doing the covers CD in 2006 vs. having to wait an indefinite and uncertain amount of time with no CD to put out.

I hope this clarifies some of the confusion.

ETA:

Sounds like a rock and a hard place.... a hard rock at that. Perhaps they thought it would sell like gangbusters the way Rod's first Songbook did.

Yes, this is what I understood Clay to be implying.

That "do an album of covers or wait three years," if true, is strange and interesting; I guess it must reflect some part of the contract terms.

There was nothing in what Clay said or implied that had any reflection whatsoever on the terms of his contract. The contract was never mentioned.

The version that's making the rounds now it that Clive gave Clay an ultimatum: either record the covers CD or he wouldn't be allowed to record anything for three years. Alrighty then.

Anntherese says: "He did not say or imply that the label told him 'do this CD or else wait for 3 more years'." That sounds pretty clear to me.

Edited by jmh123

Good Afternoon! It was morning when I start this...

The other thing that I love about this story is that he puts his closing spiel, about supporting the arts, into practice. Sure, it may not even be all that good of a show....but if you put your heart into it, it's worth it for the performers at least. I think he knows that, and is willing to put his money where his mouth is and attend this show.

Nah...nevermind. It's just got to be the curiosity factor. Heh.

Well, curiosity or not, Idyjocelyn, that's a great point. It hadn't hit me yet that he was practicing what he preaches, but he sure did!

I'd like to welcome my dear friend AAIT to FCA. There are very few people that I go way back in the fandom with that any of you might know but she is one.

Luv ya's. [tm Laurieeedeeee] :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Awwwwwwwww, luv ya's too, Miss JaMar!!!!!!!! Cannot wait until we meet up again this Thursday in CA!! It's gonna be grand!

jamar1700 is one of the bestest, most wonderfulest ladies you could ever hope to meet and I'm so proud to call her a dear friend.

Love that story about the Vick dog dolls. Will share that with baby sis, who is outraged by this story. She'll love it!

AAIT - I met you in Houston, didn't I or was it at Englewood? I don't know why Englewood is sticking in my head when I hear your name, because it doesn't sound right. I know I met SDU in Houston.

I think we did meet again in Houston, playbiller, but we initially net in Englewood last December! I believe we either shared a table at Panera's or were at side-by-side tables at the pre-show dinner. Regardless, great to see you again and run into you here. BIG HUG!! (Yeah, it was pretty cool at Panera that night, we hade folks representing multiple boards there and it seemed that everyone had a very nice time! An impromptu preparty of sorts, I guess!!) Hope to see you at future shows as well!

What is SDU? Just can't figure out what it might be...

YAY!!!!!! AAIT is here!!! Welcome! It was great meeting you in Houston. I always enjoy it when you host the CV stream. You'll be at 3 of the CA4-fer too? Maybe we'll run into each other there!

Hello, Claygasm!! It was so great to visit with you and muskifest for so long after the Houston show, another of my most treasured memories in this fandom!! I do hope to see you again in California! Yes, I'll be at the original Cali 3-fer. I'm very bummed out muski won't be able to be there. That makes me very sad.

Thank you for your kind words about the CV stream hosting! It's a lot of fun to do. Just wish I were a better chit chatter. caperkeeper is SOOO good at that and keeping things moving and interesting. I try though!

Have a great time at Newark. Looks like a bee-you-tee-ful venue, made even more so by Mr. Aiken!!! Good luck with your photos.

Yep! Great avi, rrm!!! Also, marvelous new montage by Kayla. Stay a little longer, I bet we can all relate to that. At the end, for me it seems the only good reason for the tour to be over is so he can move on to the next magic he'll bring us, but dang, that separation is SO FREAKIN' HARD! I so hate good byes, and have since I was a little girl. They make me cry.

On "STAY", I thought the closing frames were just absolutely gorgeous and so heart-tugging. The bus line showing Clay's magic, and the Meadowbrook glowsticks woven over each other - just wonderful.

I have no idea about the size or scope of the San Diego airport, but as my group arrives and gathers on Thursday, there might be some time to meet up somewhere. Possibly! IIRC, it will be over a few hours that we all arrive, before we head out by vehicle. I'll get my cell phone number to you - maybe we can at least say hello!

Also, I haven't been downloading much bus video because what I've seen is so quick and usually pretty dark, but the footage Kayla used at the end of her montage was really good, so it was nice to see.

bottlecap, I 'think' that bus video is xxx4clay's from Columbus,... of course, I could be wrong, but that's what the ol' memory is telling me. It's great footage, some of the best I've seen from any tour.

I agree, I bet tonight will be a very high energy show as well, and then Thursday will probably seem like the start of another new tour!

**Waves** to Carolina Clay!! Thank you!! Good luck on your Winston gig this evening.

That list of info we've learned from Clay this tour is very interesting and so varied. Waaaay better than any newspaper or DJ interview we've ever gotten!!! Looking forward to whatever else may be gleaned between now and Orlando! Salt needed or not, it's fun to read!

A great day is wished for all!!!

Oops, used SDU for Sheiladownunder - should I have spelled it out, it is a long name!

I quible with the "Clay had to record covers or sit on his ass for 3 years interpretation" and the "Clay doesn't like 1000 days" - I think he hsaid it was hard to sing and he didn't like it as much anymore - I expect he has some favorites and that is what he likes to sing. Other songs are not bad, just not favorites. And I imagine that list roates some.

Edited by playbiller

AAIT

Me either.... :imgtongue:

Welcome, have seen your name around for a long time.

ldyj I liked what you said about Clay putting into practice what he preaches about supporting the local arts community. He was probably curious, too, but I also think he's just a really nice guy and wanted to show his support.

rckrllmom loved the Stay video and the overlay was well done. I'll have to go look for that bus video. I haven't watched much because like bottlecap said most of them are dark and I can't really see anything. I did watch one this morning that was cute, from vzubie at Syracuse.

Am such a dork, had to go download Syracuse stuff to see what show it was that Todd Ellis, producer of Idol and his wife saw.

Clayzor, you've been baking up a storm, when's the party!!!! Carrot cake!!! Yum!! and yours is to die for. Glad Tom helped you find the recipe.

ETA - I see playbiller already said. I quibble with a lot of what is coming out of the M&Gs or the way some of it's being interpreted. Being the bad fan I am if I ever won a meet and greet I wouldn't ask questions, I'd mainly like to observe or have a conversation about something other than career stuff....I'd love to hear him talk politics but he's too smart for that.

Edited by sheiladownunder

Hurumph - they didn't make Clay sit in front of the pole!

I know which seats he was probably in, the center seats were saved on the day I went. I am not sure I could have attended again eve to see Clay, I did suspect that this might have been an available day for him to go though.

I fully expect a few chicken and "Aiken' for Bacon" jokes today.

I don't remember hearing that Clay would like to do a duet with her, though.

Well, I knew I remembered something about Krauss in a recap. It wasn't a M&G recap, it was Corabeth's Meadowbrook recap. She said:

"In introducing Angie and Quiana, he said he is often asked who is his favorite singer. He said he has to always think back to singers like Martina McBride and Allison Kraus. He noted that Kraus was singing at Meadowbrook later this summer.. "

Thanks for catching my screw-up - I guess saying she's one of his favorite singers isn't the same as saying he'd like to duet with her - sorry for the confusion. *g* :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Love reading the Idol: the Musical sighting recap! As much as I loved reading about Clay's reactions, it was the other's reactions I enjoyed more. Can't you just see Jerome and Q&A just rolling? lol I would have loved to be a fly on the wall afterwards to hear their conversations and his comments to the cast. How exciting it must have been for them to have him there. Yes, his friends may enjoy bringing the subject up with him for a long long time - hopefully they will tonight!

Edited by PuddinsJoy

Clayzor, you've been baking up a storm, when's the party!!!! Carrot cake!!! Yum!! and yours is to die for. Glad Tom helped you find the recipe.

Hasn't she though...yum. carrot cake. I'm still stuck on th strawberry pie.

I have no idea about the size or scope of the San Diego airport, but as my group arrives and gathers on Thursday, there might be some time to meet up somewhere. Possibly! IIRC, it will be over a few hours that we all arrive, before we head out by vehicle. I'll get my cell phone number to you - maybe we can at least say hello!

CG, Ansa and I get into San Diego around 9:30! So if anyone is coming in around about then I'd love to meet you.

Dropping off a montage that Kayla made....some very nice moves in it and the last part with the video overlay is very nice...

Stay

Love the montage rcknrllmom! Please pass along my congrats to Kayla for the montage & your new avi!

it's killin' me *drool*

I need to go check out her wallpapers now too - you both have an excellent eye for the beautiful!

Safe travels to you both - and to everyone heading to Newark today and west for next week! Can't wait to hear back from you!

Welcome to AAIT!

Hey, rcknrllmom, I gotta yell at you. :P You're costing me a ton of money. The picture you posted a couple of weeks ago of Kayla's framed Clay poster inspired me. Initially, I bought a $10 poster frame for mine, but I wasn't quite satisified with it. So I temporarily lost my mind, and Poster 1/3000 is now in the shop getting matted, custom-framed and generally archivally-preserved. I nearly choked when the clerk added up the cost, but I handed over my credit card without too much of a whimper. (After all, it's still less than the cost of a plane ticket...) Can't wait to see what it's going to look like! And maybe in twenty or so years when I need retirement funds, it'll be eBay gold. HA!

I love your new avi rcknrllmom. Like mother like daughter they say. So, she's a'ok in my book. I also enjoyed her "Stay" montage.

Hey, Claygasm! Have a great time at the show. It's so cool that you can get away, even though you just started a new job Yay!

Yeah claygasm, have a great time. Also thanks Gibby for posting those animated gifs.

:Thud: Of course, we know that he's not really grabbing his crotch...his fist wouldn't be able to be so tightly closed. :hubbahubba:

:cryingwlaughter: "Now That's Funny Right Thar, I Don't Care Who You Are!" (tm Larry The Cable Guy)

You most definitely are the queen bee of smut. I swear to God, you make me laugh every. single. day. Without fail.

Oops, used SDU for Sheiladownunder - should I have spelled it out, it is a long name!

I quible with the "Clay had to record covers or sit on his ass for 3 years interpretation" and the "Clay doesn't like 1000 days" - I think he hsaid it was hard to sing and he didn't like it as much anymore - I expect he has some favorites and that is what he likes to sing. Other songs are not bad, just not favorites. And I imagine that list roates some.

playbiller I did the same thing many posts back. Shortened sheiladownunder to SDU. It is a long name to type out. Don't know why I haven't thought to do that before now. Hee

I take those meet and greet reports with a salt shaker in hand too. I KNOW how the Aiken fog can mess with your memory of things. Things can/usually do, get misquoted and misinterpreted by other fans as well.

AAIT

Me either.... :imgtongue:

Welcome, have seen your name around for a long time.

ldyj I liked what you said about Clay putting into practice what he preaches about supporting the local arts community. He was probably curious, too, but I also think he's just a really nice guy and wanted to show his support.

rckrllmom loved the Stay video and the overlay was well done. I'll have to go look for that bus video. I haven't watched much because like bottlecap said most of them are dark and I can't really see anything. I did watch one this morning that was cute, from vzubie at Syracuse.

Am such a dork, had to go download Syracuse stuff to see what show it was that Todd Ellis, producer of Idol and his wife saw.

ETA - I see playbiller already said. I quibble with a lot of what is coming out of the M&Gs or the way some of it's being interpreted. Being the bad fan I am if I ever won a meet and greet I wouldn't ask questions, I'd mainly like to observe or have a conversation about something other than career stuff....I'd love to hear him talk politics but he's too smart for that.

Clay support the arts. Hasn't he been to several musicals already? I thought I had read where the producer of, Idols the musical, attended one of Clay's shows and personally invited him to attend. So maybe that is why he went. Perhaps along with wanting to see what the hub bub was all about. It will be interesting to see if he gives it his stamp of approval. HEE He will probably speak of it tonight in his concert. I will be surprised if he doesn't. LOL There's just too much material there not to use. LOL What an awesome opportunity for him to snark on his fans. You know how much I love him when he does that!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

No party. The strawberry pie was for hubby and I. I had to bribe my son, with a cake, to get him to burn some cds for me to give to tigerpat. I promised her some things. My WMP will not recognize my new clean blank cds. I can get one or two songs to burn and then I get an error message, saying they can't burn the files to the cd. Telling me to check to make sure the cd is new and not damagaed. WTH? It is new right out of the case for the 1st time, and it isn't damaged. Then my new cd is wasted with only one or two songs on it. The other cake was for hubby's youngest son. A late birthday cake. We took him and his wife to dinner last night then came back here for cake and ice cream.

I could type up recipes if anyone wants them, but it will have to be later.

Laundry for me today. No more baking...............

I don't remember hearing that Clay would like to do a duet with her, though.

Well, I knew I remembered something about Krauss in a recap. It wasn't a M&G recap, it was Corabeth's Meadowbrook recap. She said:

"In introducing Angie and Quiana, he said he is often asked who is his favorite singer. He said he has to always think back to singers like Martina McBride and Allison Kraus. He noted that Kraus was singing at Meadowbrook later this summer.. "

Thanks for catching my screw-up - I guess saying she's one of his favorite singers isn't the same as saying he'd like to duet with her - sorry for the confusion. *g* :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Love reading the Idol: the Musical sighting recap! As much as I loved reading about Clay's reactions, it was the other's reactions I enjoyed more. Can't you just see Jerome and Q&A just rolling? lol I would have loved to be a fly on the wall afterwards to hear their conversations and his comments to the cast. How exciting it must have been for them to have him there. Yes, his friends may enjoy bringing the subject up with him for a long long time - hopefully they will tonight!

Aww PuddinsJoy, I wasn't trying to correct you or point out a mistake on your part. I was just saying that I hadn't heard about that. Not that it wasn't true or that he didn't say it. Thanks for telling me where the information came from, though, that you were referring to.

WOW what a gorgeous venue for tonight. That says class all the way. Have fun to all attending tonight....

Hey, rcknrllmom, I gotta yell at you. :P You're costing me a ton of money. The picture you posted a couple of weeks ago of Kayla's framed Clay poster inspired me. Initially, I bought a $10 poster frame for mine, but I wasn't quite satisified with it. So I temporarily lost my mind, and Poster 1/3000 is now in the shop getting matted, custom-framed and generally archivally-preserved. I nearly choked when the clerk added up the cost, but I handed over my credit card without too much of a whimper. (After all, it's still less than the cost of a plane ticket...) Can't wait to see what it's going to look like! And maybe in twenty or so years when I need retirement funds, it'll be eBay gold. HA!

hehe....cost me about $39 to frame and mat the one of Kayla's...frames were half off...and had to have the mat custom cut....not too bad!!

you will be glad....I wont dare ask what it cost..but hey you have #1.....wow...ebay gold you said it! lol

Aww PuddinsJoy, I wasn't trying to correct you or point out a mistake on your part. I was just saying that I hadn't heard about that. Not that it wasn't true or that he didn't say it. Thanks for telling me where the information came from, though, that you were referring to.
Thanks Clayzor - you're such a sweetheart - but you don't need to apologize - I'm glad that it was questioned. I'm just as salt-shakerish as some when it comes to secondhand or even firsthand info because so much of it is open to interpretation and details can get flipped and mushed. So what did I do? Went right in and flipped and mushed with both feet before double-checking my memory - arggghhh! I'm upset with myself more than anything - and I'm pretty sure I used to have a memory - it's around here somewhere. *g*

I'm just glad we got it straightened out.

:allgood: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Wow! the Newark theatre is beautiful! I would love to see Clay's face when he sees it for the first time - if he sticks with his "sleepin' until 3" modus operandi, that was about a half an hour ago *g*. Can't wait for the cellcert and the clack that will hopefully follow! He'll be rested and probably rambunctious tonight - what more could we want? :Tour3:

Edited by PuddinsJoy