# 12 An Evening With His Royal Highness Fantasy Fodder

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ahhh, skin, tractors, fading tan and growing arm fur. All's right with the world.
    • Another talented dude who reputedly wields a big wand.
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • Does he know he's so DWEAMIE????
    • Hips, thighs. derrierre, it's all there!!!
    • If the pants get any lower he'll need a hard-on to keep them up.
    • The spirit just moved him.
    • The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it. Ah.Freaking.Mazing. The Man, the Music. All of it.

I know I read somewhee online the letter read from a "fan" in Philadelphia... I don't wanna transcribe it. Whine whine whine. If anyone can find it (I've done search after search) can you point me in the right direction...

Loved your diddy Diva.

Thanks Bottle for the scans.

Loving all the great photos.

Thanks for the delicious, delightful, devilshly darling diddy, Diva! :F_05BL17blowkiss: You RAWK!

And now for something completely OT--scroll at will: Anyone with kids ever wonder how many towels one kid could go through in a week if you just gave them free dibs for a different one anytime they wanted one?

I happen to know the answer to that question.

Every freakin' towel in the freakin' house!

Kenny and I each use a towel for about a week---no problem if we hang them up right when we're done...but I SWEAR! Carrie uses a towel, takes it with her to her room to get dressed and then just drops it on her bedroom floor. This continues...Alex must use one for her hair and one for her body after her shower...and of course, also wraps herself up in both to go to her room and then primp, leaving the towels wherever they happen to fall when she finally decides what to wear.

So...after doing umpteen loads of towels in the wash, I've decided that I'm hiding the clean ones from now on. I'm going to put one big towel and one smaller one in the bathroom for each daughter. That's IT! When they come whining, asking where all the towels are, I'll ask them to search for theirs under all the CRAP in their bedrooms. If it's damp and smelly from being all bunched up and mixed in with dirty clothes, TOUGH! TOO BAD!

THEN....they will have to turn in their towels to me before getting a clean one.

And I mean it. :wordpooper:

Sigh....I need some Claying..... :DoClay:

how many towels one kid could go through in a week if you just gave them free dibs for a different one anytime they wanted one?

I'm pretty sure that it's a girl thing. My boys would dry off with whatever was handy. Their towel, my towel, a dish towel...the bathmat...a tshirt....you get the idea. My DD however did the "if it's touched my sparkling clean just washed body it can't be used again" thing.

But!

There is hope.

DD is on her own now and when push comes to shove and she has to wash them...

...guess what? :RedGuy:

Let us know how the girls react to the towel embargo.

---

Think I'll go watch some Clack now before hitting it.

Omigosh. Only a weekend and a workday and I'm off to see Clay!

:TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

Edited by jamar1700

I'm checkin' in after a long day at work, and I'm so glad ya'll haven't been super-chatty today! Didn't take too long to catch up.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Diva, K'Andre, and Crazy4Clay!!

:7252:

Here are some fun gifs for your birthday, courtesy of Clay:

thGilfordCLassicsMedleyParty-1.gif

av-14763thrust.gif

GilfordMOAMclip.gif

hfsweetkisslargefu8.gif

hfeargougelargeww0.gif

ETA: Can't forget this one:

070725GilfordRHWclipSloMo-new.gif

Edited by Gibby

Boy by the time I get home, read my email and my PMs and catch up on the board I have missed the whole day!!

First and foremost........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WORLD DOMINATRIX, KANDRE!!!!

I BOW DOWN TO YOU!!

:bday2:

AND

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVELY AND WISE DIVA!!!!

:7254:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: TO YOU BOTH!

OMG..Jamar we have to try and meet up...who are the other FCA going to CA shows??? Jenna???

we will have to bring our dcat rings...shirts and I will have a tote bag

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

rcknrllmom...when are you leaving for CA??? lets make sure to meet. can;t wait to meet you and your daughter.

I want to meet everyone!!!!! We must find a way!!! Cannot wait!

Although I do get to see boyfriend tomorrow......

I'm so distracted by all the pretty, I just let my washing machine go through a whole cycle without actually, you know, putting any laundry in it. D'oh! :imgtongue:

BWAH!!! That sounds like something I would do!

See, now that I am caught up its late and nothing is happening!

I'm so distracted by all the pretty, I just let my washing machine go through a whole cycle without actually, you know, putting any laundry in it. D'oh! :imgtongue:
bwah bottlecap - I've done that too - along with many other such things that somehow get started but never finished *g*

So, I'm watching gorgeous Sterling Heights clack tonight and DH walks into the room and asks who I'm talking to - apparently, I now 'answer' Clay while I'm watching his banter video - I asked him if it was anything dirty - he said he wasn't sure - huh?

BWAH! I need to start recording it - I'd probably crack myself up or work myself up, one of those two things

I'm off in a few minutes to see Alison Krauss and Union Station. Thanks to my TM skills, I was able to snag a couple of 11th row seats earlier in the week. Pays to be a Clay Aiken fan sometimes...my husband was impressed, anyway....
ooooh! I LOVE Alison Krauss - especially since Clay mentioned her in a M&G as someone he'd love to duet with. Anxious to hear back from you on how it was!

Did anyone else, when setting eyes on that 'pucker' picture on the previous page, find herself puckering up, too?

I swear, I am SO that man's bitch. :Thud:

bwah Muski - my first reaction was to spit out a longggggg moan (hmmm, perhaps that is what DH heard?) followed by some, uh yeah, puckering - let's just call it that *g*

how many towels one kid could go through in a week if you just gave them free dibs for a different one anytime they wanted one?

I'm pretty sure that it's a girl thing. My boys would dry off with whatever was handy. Their towel, my towel, a dish towel...the bathmat...a tshirt....you get the idea.

At least your DS uses something to dry off with - mine prefers the drip-dry method

Happy Birthday wishes to KAndre', Divayenta, and Crazy4Clay!! May all your dreams and wishes and stuff like that come true!

:poze:

Love the Lament Diva, but especially this

"OMG, he’s moving out of sight

He’s on the grind side of the stage

And I am on the right!"

Bwah! Great job!

and a special thank you to Claygasm - just cause I can :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by PuddinsJoy

hfsweetkisslargefu8.gif

I love this one Gibby - thanks!

Did anyone else notice in huskerfalcon's clack of this, that Clay's face changed completely when he realized that Angela really didn't feel well? It's around the :20 mark. He went from snarking to concerned in 1 second flat - made my heart go pitter pat. I love that he's such a thoughtful guy - and the kiss? Well, that just put my awwwww-factor way over the top. There are so many reasons to love this man!

Thanks for the kind words yesterday. :laola0:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: You're so sweet. Are you playbiller's sister for real or in spirit?

Sheila, I think Playbiller might want to deny it sometimes, but its true. It works out great as I live in NC and she comes down here for concerts and she lives to the north and I go up there. I'm getting a little nervous about Asheville as we will be sharing a room with my husband and he will be coming to the Clackhouse party with us as well as the concert. He has no idea. Although he was passing by my computer a few years ago and asked why there was a picture of Clay's crotch on one of the boards. :scream:

So theres a threesome today.

:EmoticonRingAround:

Happy Birthday Kandre, Divayenta and Crazy4Clay!

I'm off in a few minutes to see Alison Krauss and Union Station. Thanks to my TM skills, I was able to snag a couple of 11th row seats earlier in the week. Pays to be a Clay Aiken fan sometimes...my husband was impressed, anyway....

ooooh! I LOVE Alison Krauss - especially since Clay mentioned her in a M&G as someone he'd love to duet with. Anxious to hear back from you on how it was!

I don't remember that...was that from a recent M&G? Or an old one?

I'll tell you what, though -- watching her this evening, I would KILL to have Clay and her sing a duet. Her voice is ethereal -- and add LAA Clay to the mix, and I think the sparks would simply fly.

The whole show was outstanding! 2 hours, no intermission. The whole band is killer. Especially impressive was the dobro player, Jerry Douglas -- he did a 10 minute solo that was out of this world. Also in her band is Dan Tyminski -- otherwise known as the singing voice of George Clooney from "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" He told a funny story about that, telling his wife that when they went to the movie she'd be seeing George but hearing her husband's voice. "Oh, dear...that's my dream..." It was funny. The only thing that got me down was the crowd -- very dead crowd. IMO there was barely enough applause for an encore, although they did come out. But it was still a fun show.

Thanks to all who brought the pretty pictures and gifs today. Meanwhile, I think I'll dream tonight that I'm a microphone....

LdyJ, I'm glad you had a good time at the Allison Krauss show, I've always thought she was very talented, there is a very nice quality to her voice. I actually like some of the things she and Vince Gill have done together. I don't have any of her cds, maybe I should pick one up.

According to Striped Shirts at CV, Clay and his entourage spent tonight seeing Idol: the Musical. Here's her post:

I cannot believe my luck tonight.

I went to see IDOL THE MUSICAL.....and guess who shows up? CLAY!!! He brought the posse w/ him - Angela, Quiana, Mary, Jerome, Jamie, plus the girl who we lovingly dub 'Sweater Girl' & an unidentified male (I think it's Sweater Girl's date) I cannot believe of all nights I wound buying a tkt to the show, that he would come finally come & see it for himself.

And guess what? he liked it! Even though parts of the show were so cheesy & ridiculous, he liked it!

He did not boo, hiss or hurl things on the stage. When the show ended, he was the first to stand up & give a standing ovation, which the kids up there REALLY appreciated. The kids were on their full A Game tonight & acted very well, I was so proud of them. I don't know how many of you here have seen the musical - so you may not connect immediately to what I'm trying to say, especially the scenes I'm describing - but this is the best I can as far as connecting those moments to the looks on Clay's face.

Here are what I can gather:

Clay arrived quietly w/ his crew into the theatre around 8:20 - and there were some gasps in the audience when they realize he was inside - and I had a perfect view of him from where I sat, which was off the side, diagonal. Clay was sandwiched btwn Mary & Sweater Chick, Jamie sat w/ Jerome who took an aisle seat. Jerome was so big, his legs stuck out on the sides. I could've tapped him if I wanted but I kept quiet & observed Clay. Quiana & Angela sat one row behind them.

The minute they all seated, the lights dimmed & the 1st no. 'Idolize' started. The actors attacked it w/ so vigor & verocity that it was overwhelming to watch w/ Clay in the audience, & I had a difficult time trying to figure out who to keep my eyes on - him or the actors who were ripping into the no. My eyes were flipping backm & forth..... And Clay's reactions to this were priceless!!! Oh my god - it killed me not to be able to take a photo of his facial expressions when he was watching the 1st no. - he had the program book open, and up against his face, covering his mouth and nose - and when the Flat Clay was unveiled, he jerked in his seat, sending the program flying onto Mary's lap, which he quickly retrieved. Part of the time he was bending to whisper something into either Mary's ear or Sweater Girl's ear. The other times he watched w/ his finger to his lips, taking it all in, or cringing from some of the nos. making his chin disappear into his neck. Everyone around him were choking, they were laughing so hard, & it was real funny watching Jerome wipe his eyes. At one point Clay even yelped 'oh god!'

I can only remember bits & pieces of what I saw of Clay because there were moments I was watching the musical, which has improved some since the first time I saw it the first wk it opened; alot of subtle edits have been done, as well as additions. One of them, was the 'armrest' bit - the cowboy had his feet on the armrest of the couch, prompting the girl Alex, the grease faced gas station attendant, to shout "Get your foot off my armrest!" I missed Clay's reaction on that one, I don't know if audience caught that one, but I'm sure he must've snickered. I did not miss his reaction to the "I'm NOT Kelly Ripa" bit - he nodded his head & clapped his hands for that one.

And the far funniest moments was during the "Burning Hunk of Clay"/Claygasm no. when the actress was making out w/ the Clay bust, then started to remove her cardigan, skirt & pulled out the whip, screaming, "Oh Clay, OH CLAY" his eyes got so big I thought they were going to pop. Mary was shaking all over laughing.

The actors all had their eyes on the left side of the house where Clay sat during the finale, & when they all took a bow one by one, it was almost as if they were saluting Clay. It was a cool moment.

Later, Todd Ellis the producer came towards Clay as the audience filed out, & asked him to stick around so the actors could meet him. The doors closed shut as I stepped outside, but I sat on a stool & waited. Waiting w/ me were 2 others who knows the cast, so they were hanging around to get their loved ones. Behind the door, I could laugh applause, then laughter, then clapping, then Clay talking rapidly; I couldn't make out a word he said, it was too far & somewhat muffled. But they were all having a good time inside, & I felt so glad he made this musical; it turned out Todd went to the Syracuse concert just last wk. & his wife got to talk to Clay for a bit about coming to see the show. That paid off tonight when Clay brought his troop in.

10 minutes later, the doors swung open, & out walked Jerome, Quiana, Sweater Girl & then Clay - they all walked out, & there was a yellow cab outside which Jerome got Clay into. Clay didn't stop for pics or autographs & there were a small group of fans who stood out there. The cab sped West, towards Jersey. I'm willing to bet tomorrow night there may or may not be some mention about Idol The Musical at the Newark concert, but we'll see; if he does, it'd be a great plug for the show.

It must be quite an experience to watch a show that is written with you as a theme. Am pretty certain he's taking a LOT of razzing about the show about now. Can't wait for the comments tomorrow night.

Edited by clayzedover

Ok, cleansing breath out!!

Just jumping in here! Thank you for the invite and recommendation, muskifest and claygasm!!! FCA is a lovely place, as you both, and JaMar, said it was! :F_05BL17blowkiss: around!!

Good luck with your towel plan, muski! Let us know how it goes!!!

How fun that Clay got to attend Idol, The Musical tonight and that stripedshirts was there to witness it! Loved her recap. What a lucky, wonderful week for her!

Yes, I've let the washer cycle progress without said articles of whatever needing to be washed because I got wrapped up in something Clay. Sounds like a perfectly normal thing to me!

Ohhhhh, so many pretties. The photos and videos for this tour are amazing. Here's to continued great fortune in the remaining weeks of it. I love it when the photos catch the brilliance and clarity of Clay's eyes, as the pucker photo upthread does. What an awesome moment in time to capture. So much beauty.

Heading out for San Diego in a few days for the original Cali-3fer. Can't wait! Wound up with great seats for San Diego and LA. I'm looking forward to each venue and all the shows, of course. Hoping to meet more people while on the trip!

A great Saturday is wished to all!

:giveflowers:

:clap::manynanas:

AAIT is here! SOOOOO glad you jumped in!

That report of Clay at the play is priceless...I've been wondering if he'd seen it yet, what it was like for him...how he reacted...Oh, lucky woman to have witnessed it! And yep! I bet he was cracking up most of the time and it must be SURREAL for him to see a live show that is basically centered around his own bad self--

That is, one that he's not the actual star of...heh.

Ok..Alex SWEARS she uses the same two towels (Ah-HA! She ADMITTED that she uses two, not one towel at a time!), but also sorta says that she uses those for a week...but she couldn't look me in the eye when mumbling that last part....

Hubby leaves tomorrow with the head softball coach for a road trip to Las Cruces, NM. My girls and I follow, more logically, via airplane on MOnday. In the meantime, tomorrow there's a team bake sale and garage sale to raise money for the Nationals; Alex and I are going to my office to put in some hours---I got my boss to agree to pay her minimum wage to help me---so that I can actually take a week off without worrying about the upcoming conference imploding---and then....

:Tour3:

Sunday I get to PAH-TEH! with my peeps! Oh yeah....I get to meet Ansa finally! I get to :wordpooper: and :lmaosmiley-1: and :hubbahubba: and whatnot with Couchie and Ansa and YSRN! No need to ask...

:partytime2:

Hah! 'Cuz I'll be there! :EmoticonRingAround: :me0: :ole0:

BWAH! Based on what I've read about Idol: The Musical, I expect Clay's face looked like this at some of the numbers:

TulsaDCAT20.jpg

And when Clay heard that AAIT had joined FCA, he looked like this: FriscoDCAT3.jpg

Welcome Alice! I have enjoyed listening to you over the cellstream!

Can't forget these guys! Have great time in Joisy tonight! happydance.giftheater.gifhappydance.giftheater.gif

bottlecap...I think you might be right with that face up there...LOL...and I bet his friends did give him a hard time last night...or they will for the rest of the tour.

here's a bit more from stripedshirts...the hair and clothing report!

I'm actually quite calm as a matter of fact smile.gif I've done my screaming & creaming at the theatre, believe me.

I was walking around Times Square tonight after the show, grinning like a fool, people were looking at me wondering what the hell was wrong w/ me. They have no idea.....

Clay wore a white button down shirt, baggy canvas shorts, dark flip flops. In the dark, he looked like a glow worm! Mary, Jamie, Sweater girl all work dark colors, as did Jerome; Sweater girl's male companion had a white shirt also, so he also stuck out a little. His hair....I think was the same...but yes, he looked really good.

Angela & Quiana wore jeans & Angela had some nice bling on & a nice printed top.

i also remembered watching Clay during the slower nos. He couldn't stop rubbing his hands & curling & intertwining his fingers together. That, and coupled w/ his serious, pensive expression was enough to send me over the edge because I found that so hot.

And, he whooped a 'WHOO!' when the musical finished. That was his stamp of approval!

These actors will be putting their last show this Sunday; next week, a new cast replaces the old one as those kids pack up & return to Syracuse. (w/ exception for one, a guy who plays stripper/Chippendale J.D.) I'll miss this crew, these kids did a great job.

The New York Times, Village Voice & others will come the 2nd wk of August to do a review, & it'd be interesting to read the critic's take on this show; so it's building quite a bit of momentum & w/ Clay having been there, I'm sure he's helped Todd Ellis raise a lot of interest for the musical!!

AAIT *waves*

Edited by laughn

What a surreal experience that must have been for him. Not only to be watching the play, but to be watched watching the play. I wonder if he'll remember having the reactions as detailed on the board. It's freaky for me just to think about.

It will be interesting to see if it makes it into the show. I wonder if the interrogations meet&greet's will produce any more info.

$#%^&)(*_(_)*_%%#@#%*&*(* Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Damn it all. I had a post almost finished and it went poof.............

You're all lucky. Now you'll get a condensed version. *g*

Thanks sheiladownunder for those lip pictures. I love the lips. Been sporting a lip pucker siggy for almost 5 years now, on other boards.

couchie I would like to read the fan letter too, if someone sends it to you, would you share?

I have been a victim of the Aiken Fog as well. Yesterday I looked all over for my recipe for carrot cake. I couldn't find it on the shelf, with my cookbooks, or in my index card box where I keep my recipes. My hubby said why don't you look in the index card box that you keep the phone numbers in. Sure enough there it was. :eusa_whistle: I did at least have some of my mentality left. I had filed it under "C" for carrot cake. :cryingwlaughter: My hubby said he knows how my brain works and it has a one track mind. Clay..............Bwahaaa Isn't he just precious?

Welcome to AAIT....Hope you join in the fun here.

ldyjocelyn, I'm glad you had a good time seeing Allison Kraus. I like her too. She has a very distinctive voice that you recognize as hers when you hear it. I also like to hear her sing with Vince Gill. I like him a lot too. I don't remember hearing that Clay would like to do a duet with her, though.

I had a dream about Clay last night and *smacks feeble old brain upside the head* I can't remember much of it. Just that he was giving a concert right in the town next to me. It would be like Cary is to Raleigh. I got to go on stage with him and that is all I remember.

I figured Clay would attend the musical about him. Curiosity is a big thing to ignore. Glad he found the humor in it. It sort of sounded cheesy and poorly done from what I have seen of it.

Good morning! Is it tuesday yet...We are driving down to des moines sleeping in a hotel close to the airport since we have to leave EARLY wednesday morning....and I dont want to drive at 2am..ugh... I am too old for that! lol...we should get into San Diego around 10am! early...the girl we are staying with gets in after 4...the hotel is in her name...she is traveling this week and we have no idea the name of the hotel..lol...so anyhow....anyone in the area, we pretty much have the whole day free with not a clue what to do....

I am SO looking forward to this trip! very very excited....I still think its a dream!

Would have loved to be StripedShirts sitting in that audience watching his reaction...how strange for him to watch this musical pretty much about him.....lol...glad he got to go...

AAIT...howdy!!

:Morning:

I love that Clay got spend time out with his friends/family last night to see "Idol: the Musical." I'm really bummed that I'm going to miss the cellcert tonight (leaving soon for my niece's wedding, won't be back until v.v. late -- couchie, you gonna control things around here?), because I bet the banter this evening will be priceless! If nothing else, Q&A will probably fall down in front of his feet with a "we're not worthy" thing. Heh.

The other thing that I love about this story is that he puts his closing spiel, about supporting the arts, into practice. Sure, it may not even be all that good of a show....but if you put your heart into it, it's worth it for the performers at least. I think he knows that, and is willing to put his money where his mouth is and attend this show.

Nah...nevermind. It's just got to be the curiosity factor. Heh.

It WOULD be surreal, wouldn't it?

Welcome AAIT!! A big wOOt wOOt to you!

Later taters!

I'd like to welcome my dear friend AAIT to FCA. There are very few people that I go way back in the fandom with that any of you might know but she is one.

Luv ya's. [tm Laurieeedeeee]

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

---

Awww. I'm glad Clay and his crew got to see the show. What a coup for the kids and the producer to have him there. I bet it was a surreal for them too.

---

OT but we were speaking of Michael Vick at some point...no?

Dogs will have their day

the St. Paul Saints are making plans to give away 2,500 "Michael Vick" dog chew toys designed with the Atlanta Falcons' team colors and the No. 7 worn by the team's embattled quarterback.

:clap:

----

This post has now been edited beyond all recognition. Hee. & Oy.

Edited by jamar1700

I don't need to read about a whining fan, I have plenty of places I can read whining fans. I do like a well written snark, however.

AAIT - I met you in Houston, didn't I or was it at Englewood? I don't know why Englewood is sticking in my head when I hear your name, because it doesn't sound right. I know I met SDU in Houston.

I thought Clay might go to the show last night, but I could not bring myself to buy another ticket o this show after the pole incidient. Note: Clay did not get seated by the pole. Note: they placed Clay in danger because that place is a firetrap. I swould have liked to see his face at t he finger licken Clay aiken chicken song, I think that might have been a highlight for him.

Edited by playbiller