# 12 An Evening With His Royal Highness Fantasy Fodder

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ahhh, skin, tractors, fading tan and growing arm fur. All's right with the world.
    • Another talented dude who reputedly wields a big wand.
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • Does he know he's so DWEAMIE????
    • Hips, thighs. derrierre, it's all there!!!
    • If the pants get any lower he'll need a hard-on to keep them up.
    • The spirit just moved him.
    • The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it. Ah.Freaking.Mazing. The Man, the Music. All of it.

Ok, being the dutiful FCAer that I am, I have posted my Newark recap in the Newark thread here?.

th_Newark07mee2u25.jpg

per mee2'a request...please do not post these pix on the OFC, thank you.

(this post brought to you by edits-R-Us)

Ok, it is really not nice to post pictures like that - and those of toni7babe's - after I post mine. Makes me feel so inadequate......

Great recap of butterflyshine's M&G. I thought this part spoke volumes:

Well, let me put it this way. The world abounds with a lot of conspiracy theories. In actuality, there are very few conspiracies in this world, so no.

Well, you know, RCA made him say that... :eusa_whistle:

BWAH!!

So all she had to do was ask for the M&G and got in? Where do I sign up?? :medium-smiley-070:

Hey. if butterflyshines is willing to make an effort to moderate the mess that is the OFC message board, I think she at least deserves a M&G! Seriously, that has to be a nerve-wrecking and thankless job...

You got that right!!! Maybe she didn't win that M&G, but she surely earned it!

Hey, peeps! Muski here...marguerita #4....yeah, I'm driving home later....what of it?

YOU BETTER NOT BE!!!!!!!! I want all of you around for when I get to California!!!!

We watched the Cary JBT...sigh...fun, fun....We were all ready to watch a DVD of last night's concert. YSRN downloaded everything and got us all hot and bothered with anticipation---

Then she said, "Oops! I don't have the software to make DVDs....my bad."

It's not NICE to fool Muski....(flashback to that corny Mother Nature commercial about margarine or some such shit heh...) so we ate all kinds of luscious desserts, instead.

Oooo! YSRN has a cruel side to her! Who would have thunk it!

We're trying to convince YSRN to join everybody at the Greek, but she's balking at the plane tickets cost, etc. A couple more margueritas should do it, though.

She went all the way to NH and she's balking at a plane ticket to LA?????? Hey YSRN!! You must come and you know it would give you more bang for your buck if you went to Pala too!

Claygasm, your pics are yummy! Now....let's go find KarenEh and get her to work her photoshop magic---wage anti-nose hair war if you will--- :whistling-1:

Thanks, but they pale in comparison to the masters! And you and that nose hair! I'll have you know that more than once I looked through my binoculars and what did I see? Not his glorious face or his wonderful lips or his great stubble. No. Because of you, all I noticed was nose hair!

OOPS! My glass is empty....later, babes! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Enjoy!!! But please - don't drive!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OH, (muski again)...remember that really cute dog pic that YSRN posted of her doggie "Lucky"? Well, don't let the 'cute' fool ya....That canine has been humping Ansa nonstop!

I bet that would be Clay...all cute and all...and then.....

:hubbahubba:

I'm still learning my way around here, but since this is not a 'sale' thing, the ticket thread didn't seem the right place to post. BUT,

Through a ticket trade that allowed a group of friends to all sit together, vjm and I have wound up with the following extra tickets for The Greek. We aren't selling these, rather hoping to find a home for them with board folks who would otherwise be unable to attend this show.

Anyway, we'd like the following tickets to go to a good home for use next Saturday night. They won't be in vjm's hands until that evening as they are to be picked up at Will Call on concert day, so we'll have to meet at the theater to get them to you.

If you are otherwise unable to attend this show and would like these tickets so you can attend, please PM me. They will be given away first come, first served. If they don't find a home in this manner by Monday evening, then we'll get them to TWWMAD immediately.

They should be pretty darn good tickets:

Section B (left orchestra)

Row E

Seats 1, 3, 5

And sincere apologies if I should have put this post somewhere else! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

couchie here... Oh I love Clay and I love that meet and greet report. I think Bottle got to the heart of the matter as to why.

Don't worry about Muski...there will be a long break between the drinkin' and the driving. Worry about me having to get Ansa back to SF in the dark.

couchie here... Oh I love Clay and I love that meet and greet report. I think Bottle got to the heart of the matter as to why.

Don't worry about Muski...there will be a long break between the drinkin' and the driving. Worry about me having to get Ansa back to SF in the dark.

Eeeeek!!! I think I will worry about ALL of you!!!

ETA:

Ok, I am REALLY upset!!!! My recap disappeared! It was posted. I saw it! But now its GONE!!! I didn't save it in word because it was posted!!!!!!!

Now its too late to start writing it over - and you can't recreate greatness! How could that happen???????

Edited by Claygasm

I was going to ask you where it was - I went to read it and I could not find it.

I guess we both have the same kind of problem today. Mine is almost ready and saved in word!

Well, mine is lost forever because I was stupid and didn't save it in Word! And unless I get inspired again, its gone forever.

And it was especially brilliant! ;)

I have been preoccupied with the visit of my daughter from Virginia for the last few days, but not too busy to watch some of the Clack from last night, or to ogle the gorgeous pictures. CG, those are hot, hot, pictures. Clay is looking more delicious than ever. And he's never sounded better. After listening to almost all of the Newark Clack, I am in near meltdown from toni7babe's TOA. After watching that brilliant piece of work from last night, I am convinced that this song should have been pushed, and if the record label wants to make some money and further Clay's career, maybe they'll think about it. If people from the label were at the show last night, and if TOA sounded as good live as it did on the video - *g* - then somebody somewhere should be thinking seriously about a future for it. For me, it's become a great song, and a great song for Clay's voice. I thought he was totally immersed in it last night, and his phrasing was glorious. He's been singing it great from the beginning of the tour, and it caught my ear early on, but never so much as from last night's Clack.

Did he sing RHW in Newark? I haven't found that one, or WY, so I hope somebody got those two.

Problem today? guess you don't want to know about the TMI health problems, but the fact that I lost my review while trying to post it - but I just found it and am too embarrassed to tell about it since I rewrote it, you don't get to see the original.

OK - I am not going to cover that much about the show as you all see clack and read other reviews and pretty much know what happened. Since I lost my last post this will be even shorter. heh. Let's start with, if I didn't do it today, it would not be done at all - see Houston fabuloso - missing in action. long - get ready to scroll.

Dinner Led the eHP and RunningFree to the Iberian Pennisula a good inexpensive restaurant in Newark - I was a little in awe of the quanitity of food that was served and the quantity that these smaller people ate and ended up storing the chicken and smelly fish in my trunk for the diners to eat (they said for breakfast?!?!). (I still have to download the cellcert). I will be airing out the dog blanket and dog hamock in the trunk before putting them back in the back seat so that my dog does not go crazy looking for the food! Good restaurant very close to the train station, I recommended it despite not having eaten there for a decade - it was an old hang out for a bunch of us long ago and not so far away, too bad I didn't remember which of the two buildings I had made the reservations in. Newark is changing all the time (see one way streets), but the old sections are still usually the best. It is a shame that political games keep the city and school system down, it has so much to offer (largest collection of Tibetan art outside of Tibet, historic houses and churches, a park designed by Frederick Olmstead [central park in NYC Weequahic in Newark], a world class natural history museum and planetorium, largest stand of cherry trees in the US). /End of Newark PSA

odd mention Kind of sad Fear missed this concert but she had bought her tickets for Philly before Newark as announced, so....

My highlights were the songs I had not seen before and the performances that changed. I have been a Sorry Junkie sing the ring tone came out - you can imagine how I felt when Clay sang that superb version of Sorry, sigh. This was my intro to RHW in concert as well, lovely.

Now what can I tell you that others will not or can not?

Clay and A&Q are not wearing ear pieces, but I guess most people notice that they are using feedback speakers instead. When I saw Mel Torme before he died, he also used speakers, not because he had disdain for newer technology, but because he felt he could hear the audience and their reaction as well as the band behind him. I think this give Clay more freedom to interact immediately with the audience, rather then just "perform". WHile the singers were not using ear pieces, everyone in the orchestra had glowing red ears, kind of made me laugh. This was New Jersey's premiere orchestra and they must have good toys. Clay saidthey learned the songs with only 1.5 hours of practice, so they must be good

I was facing the violins - The violins loved Clay, they never laughed out loud but they had grins on their faces whenever they were not playing. I was watching one guy leaning out of his seat trying to see Clay's face, He was leaning so much, I thought he had a chance of falling out of his seat. When it was time to play, he was back in all business. Guess the price to pay for being on stage with Clay is not seeing his face.

I was on a far side and could see everyone entering and leaving stage, but the sound guy was on my side which gave me the advantage of seeing Clay constantly signal to the sound guy to up and lower the feedback monitors. I also got to see Clay signal Quiana to sing the lower notes in IWTKWLI so he could riff with Angela. It was funny, he used two fingers around his mike to suddenly point down and Quioana nodded and he nodded back. Then Quiana's voice dropped at least an octave! Maybe they do need a guy in the "family".

people What else - I talked to Claygasm about the number of concerts she had ahead of her and comforted Winkydink on her final concert. I was on the side with Heather and Shelly(?) AKA the screamers who were in the front at some recent show. I am sure the CH'er cellcerts know them well. The may be great fans, but to me not the best people to sit near, they shouted and yelped at all sorts of odd times then, at the end, came out with the glow sticks. I am curious why the person who purchased the tickets (their quieter friend) was sitting in the worst seat and probably missed part of the show because of the huge speaker in front? Clay does use fans in his act and that is fine to a degree, he also cuts them off and then is when you should quit, not keep trying.

shout!There was some guy shouting at the back, I could not quite make out what was said after "you are the man", seemed like an invitation to something to which Clay said Thank you, but no thank you, I think. Now, I went to the back to give away a ticket, so I was on the third and second tiers - I found a lot of couples there, and a surprising number of couples were all male. They could have been symphony regulars, or guy friend fans (could happen, there are lots of women who went together).

venue I thought the venue was a bit odd, I am not sure why it was designed the way it was with no outside aisles and narrow aisles to boot and the balconies were so far in the back. The ceiling had a sparkly ball that was drawn into the ceiling before the show like a reverse time square ball.

bus lineOutside there was the oddest bus line It wiggled and waved and moved and Clay passed by once and had to return, but I think the length of the bus line has convinced me not to stand in one again. I felt as it Clay was tired after a show and may have had other things to do and then he had to jog about 1/2 mile just after he took a shower, probably needed another one. It was so much easier that year so long ago I stood outside with 12 other people, now it seems cruel. I mean it is nice that people want to wait for Clay, but it is greedy for me to do it when it really means nothing to me, I had doen it before, and Clay has others there.

epilogue After saying goodbye to many people, I headed home. As I was flying along, suddenly there were flashing lights and I had to slow down as we were moved to one lane on the bridge because something happened - there were several ambulances and a car upsidedown and so flat, I really doubt the driver could live - one person did survive the crash and was walking around bloody, but there were so many ambulances and I never saw the another car, it might have been in the river or towed away already. Some how, the gift of the joy I had experienced last night was punctuated by someone else's tragedy. Crazy thoughts run through your mind - taking local roads could be safer, joy is a fleeting thing, but for the bus line it might have been me, love what you have, don't complain about what you don't have, I don't wanna die yet, etc. I am blessed with the many wonderful things in my life, this concert was one of them and now will be retained as a wonderful memory.

Edited by playbiller

Squeee... I'm under the most beautimous Shady!!!! Welcome to FCA, my darling friend!!

Play, I loved your different-than-most recap!

Claygasm... damn girl, your pictures are awesome! The big smiley one is the first time I can really ever say I liked his teeth... He's a handsome little devil, ain't he?

I regret to say that there's no way I can do LA. I really want to, but it's not to be. It's ok... I know there will be more.

When do you get in on Wednesday, Claygasm? Is there a chance we can all have dinner together? I can drive up there...

Oh and I tell on myself before they tell on me..just like Clay.... got out of the car to go to the bakery and my sandals were on the wrong foot. didn't even notice. LOL... I'm such a geek.

LOL! Seriously, that was BEFORE drinking! :lol:

Well, let me put it this way. The world abounds with a lot of conspiracy theories. In actuality, there are very few conspiracies in this world, so no.

:lol: Great recap from BFS! I'm really glad the mods are getting this opportunity. They deserve it and more for dealing with that place.

Holy Crap... this one is, well, I'm not sure what word to use, but me likey!!!

ClayNewark13.jpg

We had a blast today!!! Thanks for driving over the hill gals! Lucky humping Ansa was priceless! :lol: He really, really liked her. Hee!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA... oh, good... I see couchie back home. I can go to bed now! :)

Edited by YSRN

Playbiller, that was an excellent re-cap! Thanks.

Nice to see you here Shady. . Because of you, if I had fallen asleep on my way home from dropping off Ansa in the City, my family woudl be rich! She streered me through the complicated world of insurance.

Great Recap Playbiller!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and the next concert is MINE ALL MINE. heee

Had a great day over at YSRN's. The whole Lucky in love with Ansa thing was really hilarious. Good food. Good margaritas. Good company -- and not in that order. I'm sorry you can't make it to LA. We did look at all the options but I definitely understand. Sometimes being a grown up really really sucks.

Ahh thanks for waiting up for me. I got Ansa home in 30 minutes...and it took me over an hour to get back across that damn bridge.

Glad the OFC mods are getting meet and greets. They deserve it.

Oh and ALL is Well is his favorite? I bet he picked all four songs and he was the Executive Producer on it and it is a treasure I'm happy he's proud of it.

playbiller...what an excellent recap! I loved your comments about the violin section and the ear pieces vs feedback mics...and the city itself. Tibetan art, uh? Never knew much about Newark, now I'm intrigued. I could never have gone to that show though. I have a terrible fear of heights and just seeing the pictures of the 4 tiers freaked me out a bit. I think I'd have done much better in the haunted venue in Tulsa. lol.

Glad you had a great show.

Claygasm... damn girl, your pictures are awesome! The big smiley one is the first time I can really ever say I liked his teeth... He's a handsome little devil, ain't he?

I regret to say that there's no way I can do LA. I really want to, but it's not to be. It's ok... I know there will be more.

When do you get in on Wednesday, Claygasm? Is there a chance we can all have dinner together? I can drive up there...

Just checking in before I head to work, Glad all the partiers got home safely - although I didn't see muski check in.....

YSRN - Thanks for the kind words on my pictures. I am bummed you can't make it to LA, but I guess being a responsible adult can sometimes get in the way of Clay. At least that's what I hear....

I get into Oakland at 5:10pm. I would LOVE to see you. Couchie is picking me up so if you guys can work something out that would be way cool!

Speaking of being a responsible adult and that getting in the way of Clay..... Muski - we expect daily updates on the Blaze! And as much as I am hoping they do really, really well, I am still keeping my fingers crossed that I'll at least see you in LA and Indio! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ok, time to get ready for work. I have to work 2 whole days this week! :RedGuy:

ETA: I played with one of the slightly fuzzy pictures I posted and I think it looks kind of cool this way. (clickable)

th_wallpapertaggedDSCF2333.jpg

Edited by Claygasm

Wow, you sure are a chatty bunch. I finally had to give up and go to sleep last night, and I was still pages and pages behind. I'm finally caught up now! I spent the weekend experimenting with with my digital camera....who knew it could take semi-decent clack.....er.....Elack.....um.....Elvis-ack? Hee. We had 5th row seats at the side of the catwalk for the big professional show on Saturday night at the Collingwood Elvis Festival, so I shot a few videos of the ultimate Elvis tribute artist, Shawn Klush, for my son. They aren't too bad! But you do really have to concentrate on keeping him in the frame, and you can't watch him at the same time. So once again, I commend all the clackgatherers who sacrifice their own concert experiences for the great good. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yesterday's double header was interesting....our main coach managed to get himself thrown out early in the first game by arguing (respectfully, I thought) over some bad calls, so he was forced to change into his street clothes and watch from behind the fence for the rest of the day. There was a heckler in the stands on the other side, who shouted insults at the players and one of our other coaches for the remainder of the day, but he never got thrown out. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.....

Claygasm, beautiful pictures! Thanks to everyone who brings back their recollections of the concerts, whether it be by camera or by recap or even just some general impressions. I'm glad to hear that he is in good voice and he sure is looking mighty fine! So, where is the elusive underwear clack that ldyj was kind enough to text me about? :lol:

Today I am at the mercy of my just-turned-16-year-old son. I think he wants to go and spend his gift certificates as soon as the stores open, then he has plans to head to our closest beach (about an hour away) and also to go and see the Simpsons movie tonight. Oh, lucky me. :P

This coming week should be crazy with all the reports coming out of California in the wee hours for those of us on EDT. Hey, at least I won't be bored at work while I catch up each morning! Have a great time, all of you lucky enough to be in California this week! :RedGuy:

Oh, for the two ladies I promised posters to, I apologize for the delay. I had a bit of trouble finding those darned poster tube thingies for shipping, but I got my hands on a couple yesterday, so I will make my first stop of the day the post office, to get them in the mail to you this morning.

Edited by lickiest1

New thread title poll at the top of the screen. 8 different choices....and I tweaked the last one a bit for it to make a bit more sense (or at least it makes more sense to me now, if you want me to change it back, I will do so...). Sorry this is late, I've been incredibly tired after that wedding on Saturday.

Yeah, where IS that underware clack?!?!?!?

Glad everyone had fun yesterday.

CHECKLIST:

*Check in to let Mama CG know I'm fine...CHECK!

*Download all crucial Newark Clack and pictures to laptop for in-flight entertainment...CHECK!

*Get "meds" refilled before a wild and wooly week on the road...in process of getting CHECKED!

*Give Shadow a bath so that he doesn't stink up the house while we're gone and scare away the neighbor who's feeding him and taking him for walks...in process of getting CHECKED!

*Give Couchie the concert tix for CG and JennaZ for the Greek...CHECK!

*Change name from Muski to Claygasm for will-call concert tix at Pala...CHECK! (Hee...wonder what the ticket agent would say if I actually gave her THOSE names!?!?!?)

*Change hotel room reservation name in Pala from Muski to Couchie...CHECK! (Hee...see above)

*Cancel Southwest ticket to San Diego

*Cancel hotel room in San Diego (( :cry4: )...CHECK! ( :cry4: )

*Visit Mom and explain where everyone will be for the next week...then leave all the info with th people at the assisted living place because Mom will forget everything as soon as I leave and then get all upset when I talk to her from Texas or New Mexico or So. Cal. and she wants to know why I haven't come to see her recently....will CHECK on way to airport.

And a new thing to do that I discovered when I got home last night...

*Call the temperature control guy to see how to just turn off our thermostat...it's suddenly wonky and the freakin' HEAT comes on and I the thermastat is doing funky flashing things for no good reason and will not respond to any button-pushing attempts to stop it. (WTF?!?!?!? We have to leave for the freakin' airport by 2 pm! :bigemo_harabe_net-24: :what_d_fuck: ...CHECK, I guess.

Shit. I'm exhausted before I leave the freakin' house. :blink: But DAYUM! That Clay Aiken is one HAWT man! YSRN and I were having multiples watching the Charlotte NAT DVD last night...holy shit, he looked incredible that night..... :Thud::hubbahubba::Thud:

Wow, the voting surely shows how diverse this group has become - a little of this, a little of that - but I do believethe conspiracy theory comment would have won if it was up there, hee.

OK, got to get ready for a picture - clean up let hair dry - turn on airconditioner and try and pur on all day sunscreen, put on make up - then go, first to the post office, then to the DMV.

I didn't realize that Claygasm was a clackgather, or is that a budding clackgatherer? Well, we know she probably has a confuddled boss as she leaves work again. Nice pictures.

The problem I have right now is clack overload - I need to download before I go to the beach, but if I do that it will be at home, not at the beach - if I donwload on the laptop, I will not have it on my main clack collections. What to do, what to do - I guess I will take my hard drive with me - so half the stuff I am bringing to the beach will be laptop related, the rest will be for the dog. Good thing I left clothes and food there.

Next concert we will really be represented. Lots of reviews I hope.

Look who's posting now - Hey, Shady - do you remember AmericaninTexas from Englewood? She was sitting at your table in Englewood and I was sitting next to her at the next table. Hee - I kid the people from Pennsy, that I see allllllll the time, but, to whom, I am apparently not memorable. Were you sitting near Winky? 'cause I did not see you in Newark. - OK, I admit it I was running around trying to hit all the rest rooms (anymore is TMI) and in between give away a ticket before the show and at intermission.

Have a nice trip, Muskie, good luck to your daughter.

Edited by playbiller

Thanks for the nice comments on the pictures. You should have seen the ones that got away - a.k.a. they would have been great if they hadn't been blurry!

:Thud: Add my compliments to your pictures too. Gah........ :Thud:

I also loved this part of his answer to the question. Why would you ask me that? Hee

Hehehe!

So all she had to do was ask for the M&G and got in? Where do I sign up?? :medium-smiley-070:

I enjoyed BFS recap too, but, am I the only one wondering why they had to ask for a meet and greet?

Hey ya'll at YSRN's house! Have a margarita for me! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Fascinating M&G report. Ya gotta love him for this:

RCA doesn't control his blogs! Glad he finally said it. So many have been so willing to believe that the label controls everything he does.

Beautiful photos, Claygasm!

I see the usual suspects are already trying to spin Clay's comments about conspiracy theories to fit their scenario of the evil Clive done Clay wrong song. I was so glad to see the blog conspiracy debunked, as well as others.

OH, (muski again)...remember that really cute dog pic that YSRN posted of her doggie "Lucky"? Well, don't let the 'cute' fool ya....That canine has been humping Ansa nonstop!

I bet that would be Clay...all cute and all...and then.....

:hubbahubba:

OMG :cryingwlaughter: How funny..I am so jealous that I could not be there to share in the fun. Whoever had the wrong shoes on the wrong feet, couchie?, at least you had the same shoes on. One time I went somewhere and had two black shoes on but they weren't mates. So I feel your embarrassment. :cryingwlaughter:

Darn, I thought that his comment about conspiracy theories was gonna be an option? Hee, I was gonna vote for it!

ETA: Posters sent!

:clap: :F_05BL17blowkiss: Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so happy you had a great concert experience.

Thanks playbiller for your recap as well as Claygasm's and everyone else who posted pics and recaps..........

Shout out to shadylil...............Come over more often. You know I love to read your posts. How is your sty doing?

I am knee deep in housework. Company coming in about 10 days. It will take me that long to clean it. I only do about two rooms a day because I have come to loathe housework.