#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

KeepingFaith - alot of us started out at the Clayboard 3-5 years ago. When someone finds a place they're comfie in they usually chat with their friends about it. I've been talking up FCA to CM for as long as I've been here. I'm so glad she and Bella are posting. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

What I've always loved is going to a concert and meeting someone, asking them their screen name, and realizing I've been reading their posts for years. I will admit there have been a couple of people (not lately) that I mentally said oh crap! - "run away, run away!" (tm Knights of the Round Table) Then there was the lady in Kansas City that thought Iseeme was a Japanese name......hee!

I'm off to the golf course. Hope everyone has a good day!

I hope he has all the space and time he needs to recharge. But, God yes I do miss him.

Absolutely - yes and yes.

Claymatron said:

Thanks to all for the nice welcome. Hope you don't mind if I join right in. I'm thinking my heart has finally found a home.

Would it be crass of me to say "I TOLD YOU SO??????" :) And I'm so glad you brought over that red bow!!! Hee!

Hi Bella!!!

Hi Iseeme!

cindilu - As usual, you banner is GORGEOUS!!!

I have to WordyMcWord my friend Claymatron - thank you for all the kind welcomes! I see a lot of familiar names that are on other boards, but who I never had a chance to get to know better. I've got to add huge thanks too to the London ladies for getting me over here.

Just caught up on all the fun last night, which I missed since we had threatening thunderstorms, so no online time for me. It's killing me that I can't stream anything here at the stupid office! Would have been the perfect week to reminisce too, with the boss on vacation... ;)

cindilu... love the banner! He's so gorgeous... with more handsome faces than any man has a right to (where have I heard those words before... :cryingwlaughter: )

:welcome10: to all the newbies!!! Didn't know if anyone told you, but as newbies you are only allowed one post per page....

so I can keep the hell up!!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

{{{{{ldyj}}}} can you use a cane?

Off to work.... dang! See you at lunchtime!

Oh Muski - congrats to Alex. All these hundreds of years later I can remember getting my license and suddenly needing lined paper to complete my homework. A trip to the store was critical.............heh

Yep...Iseeme....she's always hovering now, asking if we need something from the grocery store or maybe we have a book that needs returning to the library? :lilredani: Last night around 10 pm she came into the living room and said in a melancholy voice, "I suppose it's too late to go get a video?"

BWAH! She even got up early this morning to take me to my bus stop so that she could keep the car... :rolleyes:...She said yesterday (in a nostalgiac kinda voice) on the way out of the DMV, with newly earned driver's license in her hand--- "Oh, I'm growing up so fast!" Then she grinned and said, "I thought I'd beat you to that one, Mom."

:lmaosmiley-1:

Welcome to all the new peeps! Lawdy, it's truly a lost cause now! I still have trouble remembering some real first names of people I've been posting with for years! :unsure: To paraphrase (sorta) my daughter, "My brain's growing down so fast!" :wacko:

When do the BAF Gala tix go onsale?

:)

July 28th, 12 pm. :) I'm wondering if I should take the day off....will be stressful, for sure.

Everytime somebody new comes to this board it seems that a lot of people know them from other boards, and that means I probably know fewer people than anyone here. So, I love expanding my Clay friendships and look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. We already have so much in common! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee, yep, we tend to refer our friends. ;)

We never got any of the threatening weather here last night, even though apparently the news stations were talking about funnel clouds and hail, so much so that my mother called me from 4 hours away to see if I was ok. Hee, it was blue sky and sunny! I watched my son play baseball last night, it got v.v. chilly but at least it was dry.

I wanted to put my 2 cents in on OMWH before the song changes! I think I OD'ed on it early on. I really do love it, I have kind of skipped over it lately to listen to the other tracks, but I'm getting back to it again. I think it's the perfect Clay song....meaningful lyrics, great melody. I think it was a good choice for first single, and I'm really happy to see it doing ok on the AC charts. BTW, anyone have any updates on that? I haven't been elsewhere for a few days to check.

Oh God, had to minimize quick, big boss has arrived. Later, folks!

I really don't know anything about Fantasia other than her AI stuff. But I can't imagine Kelly Clarkson disrobing for Playboy. I just can't. I remember her saying at one time that the only person who was ever going to see her in the nude was her husband!!! I know people change, but why either one of those ladies would even consider it is kind of squicky to me. And I'm quite sure that Hugh Hefner died some years ago and we're just seeing his embalmed body in pictures - or at least it seems that way (snark!)

I don't know about Fantasia, but Kelly has no body issues - which is a good thing. She often comments about how she goes commando and I remember when Justin and kelly were appearing in Philli for the film premiere and Kelly wore a lose low cut short dress and had to bend over to put her hands in cement - Justin did not seem to know which view to protect - he ended up standing behind her leaning over and holding hte back of her dress to protect her from spilling out. I don't think Kelly cared. So I don't think she has issues with being seen, but may or may not have issues with appearing in the magazine.

ETA - quick aside, Hefner has admitted to having homosexual experiments when he was younger in his new book. This should have an interesting effect on some people's psyche.

Speaking of YouTubes, there is a nice one to
called "An OBAMA Love Story", using sepia pics of the couple. Very nice use of the song, no matter where you are in the political landscape.

:)

(currently Views: 37,556! That means 37,556 people, some new I hope, hearing Clay's lovely song!)

Here is where I am strongly going to disagree with you. no one should ever use anyone for thier own political interests. Remember when Springstein had to get Regan to stop using Born In The USA as his theme song, totally devaluing the song and it's intent. So no one should be assigning political aspirations to Clay that is wrong and offensive to me on so many levels - Unless Clay speaks out on who he supports, it is just as wrong as all the other assumptions about Clay. It should be taken down!

Happy beautiful day everyone.

Newbies - we like gifts, if you have any it is a nice way to get in goosd with some of us - nice pictures, stories etc.

Fear left out how I called her and screamed at her to turn on AI5 finale despite her vow not to watch it ever again. Sometimes you have to push family for thier own good and some grudges are not worth it. Screamed at her is being nice, I threatened as well and did a teensy bit of blackmail all in seconds to get her to see the "new" Clay.

I am starting to think the changing of looks of Clay is sort of detrimental to his career. I really wonder if people don't recognize him on the album cover. Just a thought, not important or anything he should ever hear and could be factually in error since a lot of people don't look liketheir album cover.

To me it doesn't say anything about Clay; only the Clay fan. I understand politics are more touchy, but I think getting people who might not otherwise listen to clay hear him is good and I doubt any of those people think Clay is endorsing Obama. I've seen Clay songs attached to all sorts of things that he may or may not agree with. To me those are 35K precious listens. I can think of a lot of things I wouldn't want associated with Clay but love ain't one of them, be it Rep,Demo, Comm, Independent or whatever. I do realize my take on poltics is different than most.

I watched a lot of the posted links from yesterday. I have to say that Quiana and Ang did a great job on DCAT. I remember thinking back during IT and NAT..don't let him do you like that..get him! heee But it was like they couldn't think fast enough. Lord knows I think he'd walk all over me in the quick wit department..two days later I'd be going ..darn I should have said that. So yay for them... blackup singers hilarious. That is what she said wasn't it.

Off to watch Briget..I loved that clip..HILARIOUS.

ETA: so funny...you just came up in here on my show and did the equivalent of putting your hand over my mouth..cussed on a family show...

bwah, good times

Play I understand your position... I just hope it isn't taken down again.

Well, politics are touchy and this year they are bound to be touchier. People believedthat Brice Springstein supported Reagan when hearing his song, it was important, since that was more public, that he correct it right away. Clinton had the same issue using someone else's song and settled on Don't stop thinking about Tomorrow.

I have heard people discuss this video and it has been taken down once already, and, yes, some did believe this meant that Clay supported Obama - he may or may not, but generally has stayed out of politics because he is controversial enough, It should be up to Clay state his position if he so desires.

In a bad example, it would be like a someone promoting PETA and using a Clay song. I would contact Youtube over that in a hot minute.

Needless to say, this political year has been so stressful to me, I have avoided most political threads except the one I know I can handle on a far away site. I have had a problem with someone I have been friends with forever because I disagreed with her.

So I don't think she has issues with being seen, but may or may not have issues with appearing in the magazine.
Kelly once said she thought posing in Maxim could be done in a classy way. Where have I heard actresses say that before? So I don't think she would have a problem with Playboy either. She has said that she walks around in front of her roommates in the nude. That last I think was a quote from an interview.

Well I will disagree Play...I think this was just someone wanting to used a lovely song to depict this story. Now its out...I think its up to CLAY to ask it to get taken down because the fans saying it should get taken down is another person speaking for him. It suggests that Clay will object to this and we don't know how Clay feels about it so fans shouldn't presume to speak for him. I personally loved it. The song is about love and those pictures are a good way of depicting that story. IF Clay objects then HE can do something about it just as Sprinsteen did. The fans political leanings have nothing to do with Clay so I hope his fans won't let their politics reflect on him. Now your example about PETA is not really the same because we know Clay has had an issue with PETA....we don't know how he feels about Obama. As far as I can see...this is a great way to promote Clay's music.

About Kelly...I also wouldn't be surprised if she does this. She has also talked about how she likes to go nude at times.

I don't do politics. :imgtongue: Don't care about Kelly or Fantasia. I like Ruben and hope he will be happy with his new wife.

Hey, all you Macca fans, I read yesterday that he is on the verge of announcing his final tour! Supposed to be 2 years in duration, spanning North & South America, Europe and Asia. Wow. After that he will retire from touring to spend more time with his 4 year old daughter. I only remember to check my Macca site about 3 times a year (heh) so if anyone hears of the big announcement being made, please bring it over here, k? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Peeked out for a few minutes....yikes! Better off staying here at FCA fo' sho'!

Last night I wore my iPod while watching baseball. It is really cool, it's like a soundtrack to the game. It was funny, every time my son came up to bat I got an Elvis Presley song. Hee, he loves Elvis!

OK time for a team meeting. Oh joy.

Beware political announcement:

Anyone in NC, we are having a runoff today for all democrats or unafilliated who voted in the democratic primaries. I've been trying to get people to vote today. The runoff is for labor commissioner. Vote, vote vote.

I just caught up, having been away for just one day.

claytonic

Faryl Smith's Ave Maria is incredible; she didn't win or even get a podium position (which was an all-male sweep) but many believe SHE should have won. (She won't have Andrew's problem of wondering what her voice is going to sound like when puberty takes control!)

a MUST SEE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlO0ikRPZrc

This girl has an amazing voice for her age and I would probably not have ever seen her if I hadn't read about her here. Thanks

Lotus, you are welcome!

I saw that a number of people in this forum don't like opera, and actually I am not an opera follower either BUT there are a number of beautiful arias that are familiar to people who don't generally go for opera. However, when an unbelievably pure voice like Faryl's comes along, I am utterly spellbound. Hard to believe she is only 12.

claytonic - please forgive me, but I just gotta put a word in for the visually impaired! :cryingwlaughter: Whatever you are doing to your quotes to make the font so tiny, and making it verra verra hard to read!! I have to get my glasses, which I don't really usually need here! I'm just sayin'!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

In regards to Faryl, I think she has already gone through puberty! You should have seen my hubby's cousin at twelve, verra developed! Wasn't Charlotte Church verra young when she caught the public's attention?

Hey, I feel Clay gets into enough controversy without fans insteriting him in others - you should see me on certain uses of Clay in religious issues portrayed on Youtube.

I understand there is a McCain montage as well. Don't like it.

On a happy note - a not negative mention in Canadian media.

American Idol winner to tie the knot

And to not scare you

Weddings aren’t always known for their great music, but here’s one that might be different. American Idol Season 2 winner Ruben Studdard has obtained a marriage license in Alabama to wed his fiancee Surata Zuri McCants. The happy couple were spotted acquiring a license in Birmingham, Studdard’s hometown.

Studdard is known to be publicity shy, so the wedding date is unknown. It is interesting to note that under Alabama law marriage licenses are only valid for 30 days. So perhaps a lovely July bride? Maybe Clay Aiken will sing? And, more importantly, will Simon insult the band as they play at the reception?

I would love to see a variety show from Clay in prime time--something along the lines of Carol Burnett or Laugh-in or the Smothers Brothers. Music, dance, comedy, skits. Uniquely Clay.

That is what I would like also. Has anyone ever put this request/suggestion/desire at the OFC??

Would someone please tell me what the IMG in :imgtongue: means? I have finally decided to reveal my cluelessness and ask.

In regards to the montage I agree with the view point that if Clay or his people do not like the association of his song with politics, then it is up to them to deal with it. Personally I am glad that so many thousands of people have been exposed to one of Clay's beautiful songs and think it would be wonderful if, as a result, SAU became a favourite first dance wedding song.

Just a quick reminder --

The song of the day is still OMWH at this point. I think I'll change it to our next one early this evening....

Lotus, the "IMG" stands for image. That's the coding that can be used on this board to post a direct link to a picture, as an example.

Would someone please tell me what the IMG in :imgtongue: means? I have finally decided to reveal my cluelessness and ask.

heee IMAGE

Yeah I think Clay would be wonderful at a variety show. I also like the idea of a contemporary talk show and I wouldn't mind him having a co-host in either format. There are so many darn channels with nothing on...I really hope they are looking into a way to make this happen. I think his humor is a wonderful gift. People know of that side of him but it's been in small doses. I'd love to see that talent showcased on a daily/weekly basis.

liney23 I'm stealing your Welcome sign. Too cool!!

:welcome10: to all newbies!!! Lots of names I recognize!! It's great to see you taking part in discussions in a new arena. I look forward to your thoughts on all the topics du jour.

Pictures are always good, too.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who provided "funniest moment" links yesterday. I couldn't watch them from the office but had such a great time catching up last night.

I hadn't watched the "Little Humper Boy" clack in FOREVER!! OMG that was SO funny that night. He totally took himself by surprise. They hadn't done the show in about a month at that point and it was so funny to see that he had sort of lost the rhythm of the show. Priceless.

I hadn't seen clack of the exchange between Bridget and Clay from that angle before. With him sitting on the edge of the stage, not only was she touching his knee, she was practically laying across his lap!!! No wonder she was barely coherent!! :cryingwlaughter:

Any more clips?? Bring them on!!! Tuesday is a wasteland on TV so my evening is free.

Of course in the meantime, I CAN look at pretty pictures. Just sayin'.

Clay would SO rule in a variety show format. There were SO MANY back in the day. Aren't we due for one about now???

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Claygasm post this yesterday:

Oh, except when remembering Clay's funniest moments, don't forget his "Run to Jesus!" from the first AC JBT!

And I have no idea what she's talking about here! Can someone provide me with either a YouTube link or the clip to download from CU?

I think Clay would do fabulously in a TV variety show, or that talk show he keeps mentioning. Either would serve him well, and I honestly think that some people (if they could give the show a chance) would be pleasantly surprised by the man's humor and smarts, not to mention his charm.

I survived the meeting.

I remember that "run to Jesus' thing - it was during the 90s section of the Jukebox tour, when he had the back ups doing different dances. I think Angela was doing the 'running man' and Clay told her to run to Jesus. I hope someone else can post a youtube link. I can't access it here at work.