#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

I have been to Europe. My ex and I were stationed in England way back in 1969!

So I got to see so many places I'd read about. I loved it.

France (Paris is cool, but the South of France is lovely and the people were so warm and welcoming)

Scotland - beautiful, raw countryside, lots of sheep!

Germany - Black Forest - beautiful, concentration camp - sadly horrifying

The Netherlands - we stayed with locals there - (Ex's family had had an exchange student from there) that was great!

We lived in England - got to see Godspell, Superstar and some straight shows in London - shopping in London - the North of England

But that was a long, long time ago!!

And I missed Ireland!

2010 it is, couchie! :deepersnow:

A few more pretties before I hit the sack, hopefully to have sweet dreams... g'night all!

clayaiken_a052708_240_10.jpg

beautiful.jpg

Asheville-0811074.jpg

AI2-whenhewaspickednumber12.jpg

divayenta_012608a-1.jpg

H_and_H_Virgin_Signing_Tagged.jpg

funny moments....well I love that bit on NAT when he starts..."Humping" this girl...and he kinda shocked himself...and they just kept laughing through out.

There are two clips that I'd love to download if I knew where to find them -- the one referenced above when he humped the girl, and the other is when some guy is onstage singing Invisible and cracked Clay up when he did the shirt tug.

Anyone? Bueller? KAndre?

Here's the one with Matt

And the one in Charlotte

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UOYP_dZ7iS8

Anyway, I'm just LonelyNo More.

Very true now you've posted here!! Welcome to you and the other newbs!

At this board I think we are kind of like Clay, we make families wherever we are. It sometimes does seem like an extended family here. We may fight and argue but we love each other and will stick up for our own, when neccessary! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee England is a good place to be from! I left in '69. It was so different then. I miss it, or rather I miss what it used to be! I would not go back there to live any more. Way too expensive for one thing.

Really fun day, y'all. Thank you.

I'm loving all the clack recommendations, I'm loving taking a trip down memory lane. Before I watch something, sometimes I'll think it's not going to be as good as I thought it was back then. And then I watch and it's better than I remember. Clay Aiken is one talented, talented entertaining man. I'm laughing my head off and then a second later he's singing like no one ever sang before. There's a continuity, an organic quality to his shows.

Every time he goes away, he comes back having done something that it was beyond my imagination he could do. The Solo Tour, The JBT, Lover All Alone, Spamalot. He made a Christmas music hater (me) listen to and love Christmas music all year round. Then OMWH. :wub: I can't wait to see what he does next.

I would love to see a variety show from Clay in prime time--something along the lines of Carol Burnett or Laugh-in or the Smothers Brothers. Music, dance, comedy, skits. Uniquely Clay.

Newbie, here, checking in!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :clap::lipstick: :thbighug-1: :cocktail:

Wheeeeeeeeeeee! Welcome to my friend CM! It's about time. :cryingwlaughter: And Bella, I saw you post earlier, too. Good stuff!

Welcome to all the newbies! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

People, people, people!! Would you all please stop being so chatty!!!!

I had a very long day at work, didn't get home until after 8:30, fed the kitty and myself and sat down to catch up here and have just caught up! And I still have to do my dishes and read my email!

No time for fun!

Oh, except when remembering Clay's funniest moments, don't forget his "Run to Jesus!" from the first AC JBT!

And the entire Williamsport JNT06!

Muski, tell Alex congrats from me!! :clap:

Welcome all newbies!! Looks like we're getting an influx here!!

Guess that's all the time I have for fun today!! I hate working....

merrieeee, I have not tried Chocolate Mint Bailey's.

I love my Bailey's so much I'm afraid to try it!! :cryingwlaughter:

Gotta hit the sack!

DH and I got our storage unit in SC emptied out today and the stuff STUFFED into the new storage barn we had built in the back.

We still have to finish painting it and DH has to put some shelves up.

At least we no longer have stuff scattered over 2 states!

Work tomorrow!

Not much discussion on OMWH, eh?

What's next?

You know my alphabet's broke!!! :whistling-1:

I still have lots of Clack to view and lots of Youtubes as well! Don't know when I'll catch up. So nice of Clay to give us time . . .

:lmaosmiley-1:

Claydreaming2_KEh_ClayIzzaQT.gif

Really fun day, y'all. Thank you.

I'm loving all the clack recommendations, I'm loving taking a trip down memory lane. Before I watch something, sometimes I'll think it's not going to be as good as I thought it was back then. And then I watch and it's better than I remember. Clay Aiken is one talented, talented entertaining man. I'm laughing my head off and then a second later he's singing like no one ever sang before. There's a continuity, an organic quality to his shows.

Every time he goes away, he comes back having done something that it was beyond my imagination he could do. The Solo Tour, The JBT, Lover All Alone, Spamalot. He made a Christmas music hater (me) listen to and love Christmas music all year round. Then OMWH. :wub: I can't wait to see what he does next.

I would love to see a variety show from Clay in prime time--something along the lines of Carol Burnett or Laugh-in or the Smothers Brothers. Music, dance, comedy, skits. Uniquely Clay.

Agree with every.single.word. Clay is constantly surprising to me, and I love that. And I've always been a fan of entertainer Clay -- I think this is his strong suit.

Cotton, Ireland is the ONE place in Europe I've been. I went with a choir of college students from my husband's college. We had a blast. This is one of our better pictures from that trip (Kylemore Castle):

DSC00970.jpg

Well, just coming up the stairs in my house...my knee decided to give way again. I'm getting tired of this crap.

{{{{{gbmifan}}}}}}

'night all.

ETA: cotton, I noticed that about the "discussion" of OMWH....I'll switch us off to The Real Me sometime tomorrow....

I will say I LOVED Clay and Rick Holmes extended ad lib of the Bring Out Your Dead scene on the second to last weekend of Spam. Fucking Hilarious. Was that Saturday or Sunday night? Tom laying on the cart saying “What’s going on???” in that voice of his – hilarious. If he hadn’t gotten the scene back on track who knows what would have happened? <g>

For those of us who were not there, I implore you to remember everything you can and write a long and detailed description of this. Please!!!

Ohhhh…this is where I suck. I remember laughing my ass off mainly because Clay’s “dressing up and dancing” dance moves were exaggerated or just bizarre and it set Rick off. They started this back and forth on dance moves and I wish to hell I could remember more details. Rick imitated Clay and said something about that’s not how it’s done….I think there were Saturday Night Fever moves in there. Scarlett, KAndre, PerusingOne, Solo and merrieeeee…and Keeping Faith and 00lsee were all there too. Their back and forth was funny, but Tom cutting in with a “What’s going on?” in the Prince Herbert/Not Dead Fred voice, leaning on his elbow, head in hand was hilarious. God, you guys, help me out and give more detail. I just remember busting a gut laughing. It was kinda like Clay and Rick forgot everyone else was there.

I’m sorry I suck at details. I just remember walking away that night thinking that Clay had reached a Rick-level improv…and anyone who has seen Rick in action knows that’s a good thing. :::sigh::: I suck. This is why video is always a good thing with me around because I tend to remember shows that are great, but not the details. I suck.

Checking in. Was out on the deck with a neighbor. We couldn't see beyond the first line of trees. There is so much smoke in the air from all the fires in Northern Calif. it's just awful. There are alerts out for people with breathing problems and the elderly and also many playgrounds were closed today and the kiddles were kept inside. Scary stuff. I'm not used to not seeing about eleventeen layers of forest stretching for miles.

ldyj - please be careful with that knee!!!

cllaymic.jpg

Claydallas.jpg

Oh, except when remembering Clay's funniest moments, don't forget his "Run to Jesus!" from the first AC JBT!

That one was a riot--that whole show was so funny!

I will say I LOVED Clay and Rick Holmes extended ad lib of the Bring Out Your Dead scene on the second to last weekend of Spam. Fucking Hilarious. Was that Saturday or Sunday night? Tom laying on the cart saying “What’s going on???” in that voice of his – hilarious. If he hadn’t gotten the scene back on track who knows what would have happened? <g>

For those of us who were not there, I implore you to remember everything you can and write a long and detailed description of this. Please!!!

Ohhhh…this is where I suck. I remember laughing my ass off mainly because Clay’s “dressing up and dancing” dance moves were exaggerated or just bizarre and it set Rick off. They started this back and forth on dance moves and I wish to hell I could remember more details. Rick imitated Clay and said something about that’s not how it’s done….I think there were Saturday Night Fever moves in there. Scarlett, KAndre, PerusingOne, Solo and merrieeeee…and Keeping Faith and 00lsee were all there too. Their back and forth was funny, but Tom cutting in with a “What’s going on?” in the Prince Herbert/Not Dead Fred voice, leaning on his elbow, head in hand was hilarious. God, you guys, help me out and give more detail. I just remember busting a gut laughing. It was kinda like Clay and Rick forgot everyone else was there.

I’m sorry I suck at details. I just remember walking away that night thinking that Clay had reached a Rick-level improv…and anyone who has seen Rick in action knows that’s a good thing. :::sigh::: I suck. This is why video is always a good thing with me around because I tend to remember shows that are great, but not the details. I suck.

You don't suck. Thank you. "Rick-level improv... I love it! Come on eHP--give me more!!

funny moments....well I love that bit on NAT when he starts..."Humping" this girl...and he kinda shocked himself...and they just kept laughing through out.

There are two clips that I'd love to download if I knew where to find them -- the one referenced above when he humped the girl, and the other is when some guy is onstage singing Invisible and cracked Clay up when he did the shirt tug.

Anyone? Bueller? KAndre?

Here's the one with Matt

And the one in Charlotte

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UOYP_dZ7iS8

Thanks! And thanks to jmh I downloaded the one from Charlotte. The one with the guy, does anyone remember the venue?

ETA: Heidi! What a stupendous show that was ... the last one of that glorious weekend (April 27) -- Brad Oscar's last performance as Bedevere and the cast was really camping it up all night. A lot has been fogged over in my brain because once Clay rode his horse so slowly and deeply right in front of us it was almost lights out for me. Solo tried to warn me about it ... but damn it knocked my socks off. I'm going to try to feel my way through the fog because there was a lot going on in that show. Clay was shaking and baking it all night. He's was shimmying like Sister Kate. And I remember unexpected hilarities throughout the show, and we all talked about it that night ... and that night we were all right up there .... and now, like Kaiser Soze, poof, it's gone. Is there some magic dust emitted that makes us fog out? Maybe it was in Zuzu's Petals the confetti. I forgot, merrieeee's are Zuzu's Petals!

Couchie, you were there too. And ShellyC. Somebody has to have a brain among us, you think maybe?

Okay, I know 00lsee would remember EVERYTHING. And she has the nerve to go on vacation at a time like this!!!

We can hope, of course, that KAndre has been sandbagging that recap for two months .....

Now I am really regretting not blowing my finals and missing out on the last night of Spamalot. He did just keep getting better and better and the rest of the cast, at least the regulars seemed to up their performances too. I especially noticed that with Tom in the castle scene. Clay, and us, his harem, brought a lot of energy to the rest of the performers. I'm not sure I could see it again though without Clay, but if I ever have the opportunity to see any of those other great performers anywhere else, I would love to do so.

Thanks for all the pretty pictures!!! Claymatron, I finally saw yours and it was definitely worth the wait! Iseeme and annabear, you always come up with the most scrumptious ones!

:thbighug-1: {{{ldj}}} Hope your knee feels better soon. Loved your picture of the castle too!

:countingsheep: G'nite y'all! Be careful out there!!!

CG, I'm with you on the chatty board! Geez! I worked all day, too, and it took quite awhile to get caught up.

And now, it's time for bed.

But first, gotta welcome the newbies!

:arg-dancing-welcome-whitebg-url

Rick-level improv......could there be a higher compliment for Clay in Spam? I think Rick Holmes ROCKS!!!!! Just hearing his voice makes me laugh! And I do love Tom Deckman's "Not Dead Fred" voice..................."but I don't want to go on the cart!"

Watching Nashville Star. I'm desperate. There's nothing on television. I actually rewatched Clay's gig on Fifth Grader earlier tonite. I really like seeing the respect Jeff Foxworthy was showing Clay.

Just catching up!! Everyone's pooches and kitty cats are so cute! We don't have a pet right now. I vowed not to get another after the last one got hit by a car.

But we have other things that really keep us busy!

Here's one:

morgan4place.jpg

This is a Morgan Sports Car, built in England at the Morgan Motor Co.

This picture isn't the one we have, but ours will look a lot like it once we get it put back together!

Remember the sewing machine I mentioned a few days ago?

Well. I ordered it yesterday to work on the leather upholstery. :D

We have been out in the garage reassembling the car after all the pieces have gotten back from the paint shop!

Assuming it gets all back together and the brakes work and it'll run, we are going to a car show in July!

Here are some of the pieces we have to put back on before July 4th!

wings-bonnet.jpg

We went to Ireland in 2002 to visit mrchach's relatives

and here's a picture I took of Enniskillen Castle as we approached it by boat on Loch Erne.........

IMG_0908.jpg

and here's a picture of me in front of Castle Leslie, where Paul McCartney got married!

IMG_1028.jpg

and arg-dancing-welcome-whitebg-url.gif newbies!!

I was reading in another place that several people stated that the reason he has lost 3/4 of his fan base is because he has not progressed as a artist. What the hell do they want. I love this CD, maybe I am easy, but his voice is the best I have ever heard him. I like uptempo sounds but I do not need rocker Clay. I just need him to sing great songs and well, which he does.

Another reason they stated is that he changed since A1 and has become rude and a big diva. My thought is that he is five years older, and some change will occur. He stills has the same values he had then, and I am sorry but I do not see the Diva. His behavior as far as I see is always appropriate to the event. If he gets testy once in awhile maybe there is a reason.

If people want to leave that is their option, but to continue to spout over and over how he has disappointed them gets very tiring. End of my Rant.

Re the part I bolded:

WTF? How do they know this? Psychic? (Psycho more likely!)

Welcome Newbies!!

Tastiest Fries? The Drunken Chicken shop just up the road from my house coats theirs in batter so they are extra crunchy - I'm a tomato sauce lover on most things , especially chips

Hi ChaCha! That is one snazzy car!

NEW BANNER TUESDAY!!!

Thanks to Cindilu for our new Banner..Something for everyone...blonde Clay, bangs clay, AMA Clay...

And...especially for MEEEEEEEEEEEE...smiling Clay! Thanks cindilu, that's a fantastic banner!

Good Morning!

Cindilu! Gorgeous banner....but then you have one gorgeous speciman to work with! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kim

What a coincidense....I have been seeing that "lost 3/4 of his fan base " over and over and I'm thinking ...Good Lord, that's a bunch,huh. Somehow, seems a tad extreme...not that I know...maybe we'll be the only ones at the next concert...talk about meet and greet. How did they come up with THAT fugure? Did they poll the "claynation"? How do you poll people who are not there anymore? Did they pick a number out of a hat? I'm still here....right????( we lurkers are never sure)

It's been a strange morning.....like the outer limits or the onset of "full moon".

First I get sent home from work because I'm sneezing over everyone...oops!!!!!! Better than "upchucking"is what I say.

Then I read a post that says Clay needs a manager that will suggest he take exlax...hmmmm....several thoughts come to mind but I'll keep them to myself...LOL

And now the topper of toppers....... I hear on the radio that Fantasia and Kelly Clarkson are in talks with Playboy Magazine in regards to the magazine's fall layout. The visualisation of the resulting Playboy images(ack) are interfering with my power of speech. There are just NO words to express what my brain is imagining as it trys to process this little tidbit. How old is the "HEF" now...110???

OK.....THAT'S IT(I've taken in too much info this am)......I've got my juice and the remote....think I'll zone out.