#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

smitten... see... you came here and joined and became a member of our FCA family, so you have to put up with our worrying about you.... hehe. Them's the breaks, kid!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I loved all those captioned Sardi's pictures. Clay has had such a great experience on Broadway. It had to have been great for his self-confidence, not to mention his love life, IIT. :cryingwlaughter:

I just want him to tour this year so I can see him... pretty please, Clay! You can do short 2-week tours, then a week off, then 2 weeks on, etc so you don't miss Parker too much. It'd work, especially if you did different quadrants of the country for each "on" time. I'd be happy to plan it all out for you!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

But I need to get ready for my boyfriend. Anybody flying into JFK on New Years morning. Trying to find some travel partners... although I think I will just take some sort of public transit. I know I did that before. This might be sacrilege but is anyone going to any other shows while there? Everything seems cheap. Has anyone seen Alter Boys?

Hi all,

Sorry to have been such a missing person. Things have been really tension-filled at work, and it was challenging working around my family's crazy work schedules. I spent a lot of time trying to find a new travel partner for NY ***waves to my new roomie Couch Tomato***

We got the joyous news that my DD is expecting, but it's been tempered by the fact that the pregnancy may be somewhat precarious. She's holding on so far, so it looks like my trip to NY and hers to Hawaii are safe so far. Any good thoughts are appreciated.

I'm coming in on Jan 1st to JFK, but in the early evening. I can't understand why someone wouldn't want to hang out at the airport for 12 hours, but whatever! :cryingwlaughter:

I won't get there in time for a Thursday show, I don't think, but may have a prime spot for any potential stage door.

I'm scheduled to see 2 other shows besides Spamalot while I'm there. I really, really wanted to see Billy Elliot, but could only find very last row of the balcony seats way to the side. Unless I wanted to pay $361 for a premium seat!! :Tour4:

Today, just out of force of habit, I tried again and got a 12th row center seat at the regular price!! OMG, it must have been meant to be!!! So, that's my Sat. matinee show.

I'm there an extra day, so Monday night I'm going to see "Forbidden Broadway". I got a front row center seat for $39.00 from Broadway Offers. I've seen this show in L.A. a couple of times. It's a series of musical parodies of current Broadway shows. It's updated all the time, so there are various editions. It's been running for 27 years with breaks. The current one is "Forbidden Broadway Goes to Rehab". The author says this may well be the last one. He says the move to "Disney-fy" Broadway doesn't give him enough material.

Here's a link to their site if you want to check it out:

http://www.forbiddenbroadway.com/

It's all starting to feel real!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

QUOTE (dancermom2 @ Dec 29 2008, 07:29 PM) *

Report from butterflyshine...Spam is sold out tonight!!! WOW!!!!!!

Kim

YAY for a sell out tonight! :nanarow:

I saw your post at CH about your DD, Perma. Prayers & positive vibes being sent her way. :hug: Looking forward to meeting you!

Report from butterflyshine:

Crowd is loving it, very responsive, the [cast] is really on tonight....Clay [is] very flirty and cute...got nice applause during guard scene and Idol of [my] age...

Kim

Looking at so many going closing night and I am so jealous. Would love to be there. I will be here waiting for any word on how it went. I know I have to remember my dream did happen in November, something I never thought would. Last Christmas Eve my friend had my husband and I over because It was also her birthday. That night we did the usual, lit the candles, had her make a wish, and blow them out. I teased her that I knew what her wish was and also realized that we would never talk our spouses into letting us go. When our dream did come true this year I had to remind her on this years birthday that we did get her wish. Now if only this time she wished for a tour. Must ask her that.

Ok, what is this Broadway Offers thing and how does it work? I googled it but you can't do anything without a code. Where do you find the codes?

I ask not for Spamalot but for other shows I might want to see.

You can find codes for a lot of shows at Broadway Box. There are other websites with codes but they require registration so I usually just go here.

annabear, I think Shrek is worth seeing if you're a Chris Sieber fan. Personally, I wouldn't pay full price for a ticket but there's a discount code that's good until the middle of January. KAndre and I are huge fans of the first two Shrek movies and they just didn't do a very good job of translating the movies' humor to the stage which contributed to our disappointment when we saw it. It was also the first week of previews so they may have made some changes to improve the show.

Ok, what is this Broadway Offers thing and how does it work? I googled it but you can't do anything without a code. Where do you find the codes?

I ask not for Spamalot but for other shows I might want to see.

You can find codes for a lot of shows at Broadway Box. There are other websites with codes but they require registration so I usually just go here.

annabear, I think Shrek is worth seeing if you're a Chris Sieber fan. Personally, I wouldn't pay full price for a ticket but there's a discount code that's good until the middle of January. KAndre and I are huge fans of the first two Shrek movies and they just didn't do a very good job of translating the movies' humor to the stage which contributed to our disappointment when we saw it. It was also the first week of previews so they may have made some changes to improve the show.

Thanks Solo!! :BlowKiss:

I think it is wonderful that Spamalot is having more sold out shows. Even if it probably has a lot to do with it being Christmas school holidays, it's a great way for Clay to end his Spamalot run.

Report from butterflyshine:

Crowd is loving it, very responsive, the [cast] is really on tonight....Clay [is] very flirty and cute...got nice applause during guard scene and Idol of [my] age...

Whine, whine, whine...wish I were there. I want to see Clay flirty and cute!

To all of you who will be there for the last performances, have a fantabulous New Year, New York Spamalot experience.

Hi everyone

I have been lurking here for a bit. Love everyone's sense of humor

My niece and I are going to see Spamalot this Friday afternoon. We will be in the last row of the theatre those are the tickets her Grandma gave her for Christmas. I hope we can see everything okay

but do look forward to seeing Clay (I hope from that view )

BTW I love all the pictures everyone posted too

Clay is too cute

Just heard from ldyj! She concurred that it seemed like a full house and not a Clay fan crowd - people sort of figured out who he was when he sang the 'Idol of my age' part. :lol: Well received by the audience. The whole cast was there, no one out. Really on. He was flirty & kissed one of the girls in Camelot! During the 'Run Away' scene, one of the French girls was all over him with her skirt. Messed up his piano playing and made some funny faces!

They had one of the possible peasant seats, D101, but the peasant was B101 - bummer! But she did get her pic with Clay at the stage door!! :7: At Junior's now for cheesecake before they leave tomorrow. She'll fill in any gaps when she gets back to the room.

ETA: Welcome, tribeca! :welcome10:<- That sign seems appropriate since we're still in Spam mode!

I sat in the last row during one of the shows in May and could see everything just fine - there really isn't a bad seat. I hope you & your niece have a great time! :)

Hi everyone

I have been lurking here for a bit. Love everyone's sense of humor

My niece and I are going to see Spamalot this Friday afternoon. We will be in the last row of the theatre those are the tickets her Grandma gave her for Christmas. I hope we can see everything okay

but do look forward to seeing Clay (I hope from that view )

BTW I love all the pictures everyone posted too

Clay is too cute

Welcome, tribeca! Have a great time. You'll find those seat are really very good--the theatre is pretty small.

Glad you had fun, ldyj!!

thanks so much for the nice welcome

I am a bit worried because we went to the show last run & we didn't know it was during BC. They wanted $300 for a picture w/Clay no offense I don't have that kind of money. My niece who is now 12 was all upset because

she has "been trying to meet Clay 1/2 her life " (those are her words)

she asked Jerome and he got her Clay's autograph and she told him (Jerome) that she is still trying to met him

thanks so much for the nice welcome

I am a bit worried because we went to the show last run & we didn't know it was during BC. They wanted $300 for a picture w/Clay no offense I don't have that kind of money. My niece who is now 12 was all upset because

she asked Jerome and he got her Clay's autograph and she told him (Jerome) that she is still trying to met him

That's funny! :cryingwlaughter: Maybe she'll have a shot at meeting him at the stage door this time!

Awww, well I hope there's a stage door for her sake!

ACK!! I'm so excited & ready to head to NYC that I'm hyper! So hyper that I've been cleaning! :o

I keep checking to see if he has been doing the SD seems pretty hit or miss lately

My niece even checked the weather website to make sure it is okay weather that day

I am probably going to play it down the whole train ride so if he doesn't do SD

it isn't a big disappointment

Welcome, tribeca! What your niece said is a hoot! :cryingwlaughter: I bet you'll be able to see just fine. Re: stage door....seems that either the weather or Clay's increasingly filled social dance card plays a part in whether he'll be there or not. If it's the former, well...I probably won't be looking to brave the elements either....and if it's the latter, I say...

You GO, boyfriend! :sleezy::yess:

ACK!! I'm so excited & ready to head to NYC that I'm hyper! So hyper that I've been cleaning! :o

annabear, I never get that excited.

annabear, I never get that excited.

I know, that's like, wow. I wanna be that excited!! :hysterical:

bet you'll be able to see just fine. Re: stage door....seems that either the weather or Clay's increasingly filled social dance card plays a part in whether he'll be there or not. If it's the former, well...I probably won't be looking to brave the elements either....and if it's the latter, I say...

I won't tell her that last part

even though I am fine with it

last time she wanted to call Clay on that QVC thing and tell him to give Jerome a raise

I guess we will find out on Friday

I will hope for the best

Edited by jmh123
added quote codes for ya - jmh123

*sigh*

I got my picture with Clay.

*sigh*

OK, so I wasn't the peasant. I knew I had a one in four chance, and kept alternating between not getting my hopes up too high, and visualizing myself on the stage. Should have done the latter, eh?

Anyway...

The show is still outstanding, I had a great time, and it looks as if Clay is having the time of his life still as well. The main thing that I remember this time -- TONGUE!!! Good Lord, the man loves showing his tongue! (bottlecap, is there ANY way you can get to a show? *g*) And he uses it so well! LOL! annabear mentioned much of what I can remember, but I can add a few details. I loved him popping out the hat at the end -- that's a nice new addition. And then, during the curtain call, one of the dancer girls came out with the top hat in her hand! What's up with that? The other thing I can remember at the moment is during the finale, the dancing with Patsy and Bevedere. At one point, both Patsy and Bevedere held out their tambourines, and Clay hit them simultaniously. It was cute. And then -- we had the pelvic thrust that drove me insaaaaaane. Actually, two of them! He has really let loose with the dancing at the end. Other dance moves -- during the end of Find Your Grail, he was really grooving to the music, throwing in a lot of hand/arm movements. Another think I don't remember reading before -- when he "dismounts his horse," he actually grabbed his foot, and pulled his leg in this circular motion. It was...bendy. Very bendy. (Maybe he's been working with Reed? LOL!!!) As Brother Maynard, he did a very soulful Amen, that ended LOWWWWW -- and the knights could NOT sing it. Hee.

Stage door -- white Canada sweatshirt, blue track pants, tennis shoes. Hubby was assigned to take pictures, and I think he got a few decent ones. I will post them (and my SD picture with Clay) when we get back. I also got my picture with Rick. He's still so great!

That's all I can remember for now. I may or may not get to a formal recap, but it's time for bed. We have to be up fairly early for our flight tomorrow. I just hope our travel tomorrow is a lot less troublesome than the last time....