#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

{{{bottle}}}

Eeeeee! 1 more sleep -- or maybe I can skip tonight so it's 0 sleeps?

*waves at annabear* Gorgeous pic, isn't it! I'd die along with you but I need to pack.

Since this is the very last time -- how rude would it be to start at him 90% of the time?

Hello, FCA! :BlowKiss:

It's so exciting reading everyone's plans for Clay's final Spamalot performances. Looking forward to the recaps and pix! :biggrin:

Speaking of which, the last few batches from Dancerdad and Butterflyshine have been awesome. :clap:

A little late, but greetings to tribeca! :hello:

This is a twin celebration day in our family; so I have read here, written a blog, and helped commemorate the sixth birthday of my grand-niece and grand-nephew.

The "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve" montage by LovesClaysVoice leads my latest Carolina On My Mind blog. I hope you enjoy this final entry of 2008, literally a "virtual tour" of the past 12 months which can be taken in 10 minutes or less.

Meanwhile, I need some help with the OFC version. The temporary clickable below is where LCV's montage stops in the middle. Does anyone have the photo or another one of Clay dancing while singing "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve"? ... i.e., didn't he dance with Faye in Virginia on this song? I could use either pix. In fact, it seems I have seen that one somewhere, just not in my P/B ... because I have searched for the past hour. Many thnx!

th_NewYearsEve.jpg

Clickable for HELP!

Safe travels and lots of fun to all heading to New York City! :highfive:

:friends: for all who need one.

Caro listen.gif

Change of topic for a question, please.....I'm away from my PC and have no favorites to access....would someone have the link/information to the Broadway Offers stuff for Spamalot for January?

I apologize for having to ask for it again...I forgot to email it to myself before we left.

Change of topic for a question, please.....I'm away from my PC and have no favorites to access....would someone have the link/information to the Broadway Offers stuff for Spamalot for January?

I apologize for having to ask for it again...I forgot to email it to myself before we left.

Here you go, Claygary: BroadwayBox.com

LOVE your 2008 year in review, claytonic! :hahaha: Happy New Year to you & ausdon! :04:

Here you go, Claygary: BroadwayBox.com

Thanks so much Anna!

claytonic, that 2008 review is a hoot! Thanks for the laughs! :hahaha:

My clothes are in the washer as I type...I'll pack tonight and we'll be on our way to the airport at 11am or so tomorrow. :yess: Now I have to research the options for Newark Airport to the theater district transportation...keeping in mind that I'll be trying to get to my hotel close to that DAMNED ball starting to drop in Times Square! :scream:

muski... you sure like to live... interestingly! I think Playbiller had a backdoor she figured out... taking the ferry from Newark and then a bus to the theatre district or something like that there, but I could be remembering wrong. You might look at her posts at CH and see. I wish you every ounce of luck you can muster for your arrival!

Yikes! Good luck, muski. :BlowKiss: I'd say the train into Penn Station might be your best bet, but not sure how to get to your hotel from there... then again, I know nothing! We opted for a car service Thurs. night since there are 3 of us arriving in Newark. You might wanna spend the night at the airport and ride in with us! :imgtongue:

Our group has an extra ticket if anyone's still looking - Jan. 3rd, 2:00 PM - center orchestra, row N, seat 101 (right center aisle) $150.

claytonic, that 2008 review is a hoot! Thanks for the laughs! :hahaha:

My clothes are in the washer as I type...I'll pack tonight and we'll be on our way to the airport at 11am or so tomorrow. :yess: Now I have to research the options for Newark Airport to the theater district transportation...keeping in mind that I'll be trying to get to my hotel close to that DAMNED ball starting to drop in Times Square! :scream:

have a great time

You are quite brave to go on New Year's Eve

Wish I could be more help but I just walked all over New York last time I went & almost missed the train home. How I wish I had more $$ and would just stay over. Starting to worry about the weather now.

Well, I just finally bought my train ticket to NY for Friday. I'll be getting in at the same time as my lurker friend and we'll be meeting up with muski and then let the fun begin!!

Muski - NJ Transit runs from Newark airport to Penn station but not sure what the schedule will be New Year's Eve! And I bet a cab could get you to your hotel if all else fails. They know all sorts of circuitous routes!

Ok, the latest forecast........

Picture1.png

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

So, since Ryan Seacrist is in NY do you think he'll catch a performance of Spamalot????

So, since Ryan Seacrist is in NY do you think he'll catch a performance of Spamalot????

Meh. :shrug:

Reports are that Brett & Jaymes were at Spam tonight and that it was another sell out.

Excuse me...but did that forecast say that on Thursday the HIGH is 27 and the low 22?

:scream:

The HIGH is 27?!?!???! Holy crap. I think I'm glad I have a nice snug hotel room waiting for me! (And if I can get a cheap ticket I imagine it would be nice and cozy inside the Shubert, too! :whistling-1:

Excuse me...but did that forecast say that on Thursday the HIGH is 27 and the low 22?

:scream:

The HIGH is 27?!?!???! Holy crap. I think I'm glad I have a nice snug hotel room waiting for me! (And if I can get a cheap ticket I imagine it would be nice and cozy inside the Shubert, too! :whistling-1:

Well you could always try the TKTS place for a cheap ticket - but that would require standing in line - OUTSIDE!!!

Hey at least its a sunny 27 without the winds of Wednesday when they say it will be 16 and windy when the balls drops!!!!!

From CC via CV:

Quote:

STAGE DOOR!!!

Brett and Jaymes were there!

Quote:

From OFC - did stagedoor and had Carolina hoodie on with cargo pants.

zippy888 at CB wrote:

My couple of pics from SD tonight:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/zip...IMG_9504fsn.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/zip...IMG_9505fsn.jpg

- Peasant was B101

- Knights of Ni said Knights of Ni wook, wook wook (3 stooges sound)

- Knights of Ni said Ole biscuit barrel - sang Sweet Alabama

- When Clay did the tunic flip, squeals were heard. This is the first time I've heard squeals in a long time.

- No hip thrusts tonight

- Lots of US army soldiers in SRO (wore desert fatigues)

- Show started late tonight - about 10 mins late

- Rabbit scene - Clay peeked into the crack in the middle of the rabbit and then said "Oh wow!"

- Wore mismatched socks - the green and white and the purple and white

Yay I'm unemployed!!

Yay I'm going to NYC.

Damn I haven't even started to pack..but first i need to wash clothes, and babysit tomorrow... but yay!

Anybody else watching the Kennedy Center Honors..

ahem I didn't know the CSI theme song was a Who song...I'm so out of it oh and BWAH their other song is the theme song for CSI Miami NY... learn something new everyday..torrents is calling

I sense a theme with Couchie and Muski - last minute washing and packing! Heeee. Enjoy every minute in NYC, you two!

And Couchie - I've never known anyone to be quite so happy about unemployment. Enjoy your freedom!

I'm already sad about the end of Spam - I'm gonna miss all of the recaps and stage door pics. It will be most interesting to see what's next in Clay's creative and amazing journey!

Yay I'm unemployed!!

Yay I'm going to NYC.

Damn I haven't even started to pack..but first i need to wash clothes, and babysit tomorrow... but yay!

Anybody else watching the Kennedy Center Honors..

ahem I didn't know the CSI theme song was a Who song...I'm so out of it oh and BWAH their other song is the theme song for CSI Miami... learn something new everyday..torrents is calling

(Erp, my bolding.)

All of the CSI theme songs are sung by The Who. My dad is compelled to tell me this every single time he catches a glimpse of one of the shows!

Random off-topic remark: One more thing I love about Clay Aiken (besides, of course, the fabulous singing voice and adorability) is his sanity in naming his child. I've been reading a zillion "2008 was the Year of the Famous Babies!" articles/blogs/etc. and when they list the handsome name Parker Foster against the crazy-ass unorthodox names like Bronx Mowgli or Max Liron (well, OK, at least the middle name is the crazy-ass unorthodox one there) or Jagger Joseph Blue... Well, I just can't help but :clap: Clay and his sanity in picking a nice, normal, very handsome name for his son. OK, I'm done. :lol:

*No offense meant to anyone who really likes names like Jagger Joseph Blue, etc. :)

ETA: D'OH! How did I forget? Good luck and have fun in NY, guys!

Eeeeee! 1 more sleep -- or maybe I can skip tonight so it's 0 sleeps?

[snip]

Since this is the very last time -- how rude would it be to start at him 90% of the time?

Not in my book! I'm planning to do this very thing! 2 sleeps for me. Hey, roomie!!!

Hello to FCA!!! I haven't visited here in a while, but I'm so glad I stopped by tonight! It's nice to see y'all!

Anybody else watching the Kennedy Center Honors.

I only saw most of the Barbra Streisand portion (the last half hour of the show) and I must say, it was fantastic! Beyonce's performance of Barbra's "The Way We Were" was absolutely breathtaking. Gosh, I think she may have surpassed Barbra with it. As much as I've always loved Barbra singing that, I felt the meaning of the lyrics tonight with Beyonce's interpretation more than I ever have before. Truly spectacular. Also thought the closing "Somewhere" was also just great! I missed recording it, but some of it is up on YouTube now.

Beyonce singing The Way We Were

in case you're interested - I HIGHLY recommend!!!

waves to AAIT...see you in NYC!! I thought Beyonce did a great job. That was 2 hours of pure entertainment.

Still no wash. Still no pack. But I know how to get to my hotel from the airport for a few dollars!

Gibby..I'm happy now..... check back in two months heee.