#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

On the topic of liberalism, there's also the liberal arts education, which is intended to broaden people's minds and make them well-rounded intellectually and socially. It doesn't necessarily mean that you'll end up a political liberal, and that isn't the intention, but it often does make people more liberal politically than they were (or their parents were). Lot of whining these days from ardent conservatives about liberal bias on campus, and from some parents who want students' college degrees to be practical and oriented directedly towards the job market (usually business), instead of wasting time with all that unnecessary liberal arts stuff.

Great essay here from the President of Wesleyan College: What's a Liberal Arts Education Good For?

Did you know that you can't get a federal student loan for a general liberal arts degree? Because I have several areas of interest that I'd like to work toward as I finish my BA and start thinking seriously about my MA, I wanted to go that way. I talked with an academic counselor, did some research and thought that was the best road to take, but then I found out about the financial aid issue. So communications it is.

Oh, and I just got my grades for my 2nd quarter classes - - - 99.1 and 95.9! :woohoo:

FCA Band? Hmmm.... I can't read music or play an instrument and while I was always in choir in school, I don't think I'd be a good back up singer. Hmmm.... I've got it!! I can be in charge of wardrobe! :27:

I can read music, and while that skill might be wasted on the Keeper of the Triangle, I still want that job. And, yes, I plan to look through the little loop at Clay the audience when I'm not needing to sound it.

Rider? Really, there's no need to ask. Y'all know what we all want on that rider. Time with Clay. My specific request would be for a daily one-on-one 15 minute minimum conversation with him, for the duration of the tour, including rehearsal days. And travel days. Sometimes while riding Seqways.

Rider? Really, there's no need to ask. Y'all know what we all want on that rider. Time with Clay. My specific request would be for a daily one-on-one 15 minute minimum conversation, for the duration of the tour, including rehearsal days. And travel days.

Oh YESSSS!

annabear - I hope you find the 3rd anniversary pictures. Sorry about the clip -- I will try again tonight though with more "tools"!

Thank you, Scarlett! :BlowKiss:

I just want Clay to stay in ONE spot while I circle him staring at him for as long as I want and trying to memorize his face because even though I've had a meet and greet and stood at the stage door a number of times and in lines at concerts and seen him up close, I TRULY do not have a good image in my mind of what he LOOKS LIKE because he freaking looks different every time I see him. It's maddening.

OK now that Spam is over I can be truthful........I thought Juniors was over rated! There I said it!

Somebody had to say it! I totally agree. I did not think that Juniors was all that great, but most of the Claynation loved it, so I though that it was just me and my friends. I went there on my first Spamalot trip with three other fans. None of us really liked it, so on my next two Spam trips, I did not go back. There are so many tastier places to eat in NY. I love the delis.

Did you know that you can't get a federal student loan for a general liberal arts degree? Because I have several areas of interest that I'd like to work toward as I finish my BA and start thinking seriously about my MA, I wanted to go that way. I talked with an academic counselor, did some research and thought that was the best road to take, but then I found out about the financial aid issue. So communications it is.

Oh, and I just got my grades for my 2nd quarter classes - - - 99.1 and 95.9! :woohoo:

Congratulations!!!!

I've never heard of a general liberal arts degree, but I googled it and see that they do exist. Must be a new thing. Typically people do have a major of some sort, even at a liberal arts college. It's just that they used to be pretty broad in scope, and not too many courses are required in the major--lots of room to explore and experiment. Degrees are becoming more and more focused in some majors, to the point where it is difficult to take any electives or general interest courses.

Congratulations on the great grades, annabear! :balloons: I used to get a visit to the ice cream parlor with grandma when I got a good report card, so the balloons are in lieu of a virtual sundae.

<snip> The bottom line is that liberal economic theory is based on the greater good, a social contract between people and government and that we're only as strong as our weakest ... and conservative economics are based on radical Darwinism: laissez-faire survival of the fittest and the weak don't really exist in the equation.<snip>

Speaking of economics, I have always appreciated this graphic imagery of the "trickle down" theory:

f you feed enough oats to the horse, some will pass through to feed the sparrows." - Economist John Kenneth Galbraith

I have spent the morning waiting for the alarm company to show up. We have had five false alarms in the last two weeks. If I set the alarm, and got a block away in the car, I would get a message that the alarm was activated! Evidently, the door sensor suddenly malfunctioned and needed replacement. Glad I asked for the 8-12AM time slot, because the repairman didn't show up until after 1 PM!

liney...I'm pretty sure May 25 is Memorial Day this year...It's my Carrie's birthday and she's all excited because this year it's actually falling on a holiday! :BlowKiss:

muski... you are right... I read the calendar funny! My oldest DD's b'day is May 28th. Gemini's are challenging!

Start date for the next tour/live show

April 18, 2009 - ldyjocelyn

April 27, 2009 - luckiest1

May 7, 2009 - ncgurrl

May 11, 2009 - jmh123

May 11, 2009 - Lotus

May 15, 2009 - shamrock

May 21, 2009 - cindilu2

May 22, 2009 - Claymatron

May 27, 2009 - clayzycoffin

June 1, 2009 - liney23

June 12, 2009 - justclay12

June 17, 2009 - tribeca

June 19, 2009 - wandacleo

June 22, 2009 - lilyshine

June 28, 2009 - spikesmom

June 20, 2009 - Bella19

June 25, 2009 - keepingfaith

June 30, 2009 - keldanker

July 4, 2009 - Scarlett

July 9, 2009 - claylove

July 10, 2009 - gbmifan

July 10, 2009 - georgiesmybaby

July 11, 2009 - duckyvee

July 11, 2009 - FromClaygary

July 15, 2009 - aikim

July 16, 2009 - Thankful4Clay

July 17, 2009 - cha cha trusty

July 20, 2009 - smittenwithclay

July 25, 2009 - FearofH20

Aug 1, 2009 - annabear

Sept 4, 2009 - merrieeee

Sept 9, 2009 - jazzgirl

Sept 15, 2009 - Gibby

Nov 28, 2009 - Couch Tomato

Dec 5, 2009 - jamar1700

Hey, check and see if I got it right so far.

Please anyone jump in and update the list whenever you feel like, OK?

jmh... thanks, I just added myself! Wait... that sounds kinky somehow... :cryingwlaughter:

On the topic of liberalism, there's also the liberal arts education, which is intended to broaden people's minds and make them well-rounded intellectually and socially. It doesn't necessarily mean that you'll end up a political liberal, and that isn't the intention, but it often does make people more liberal politically than they were (or their parents were). Lot of whining these days from ardent conservatives about liberal bias on campus, and from some parents who want students' college degrees to be practical and oriented directedly towards the job market (usually business), instead of wasting time with all that unnecessary liberal arts stuff.

Great essay here from the President of Wesleyan College: What's a Liberal Arts Education Good For?

FCA Band? Hmmm.... I can't read music or play an instrument and while I was always in choir in school, I don't think I'd be a good back up singer. Hmmm.... I've got it!! I can be in charge of wardrobe! :27:

anna... CONGRATS!!! Verra verra niiiice!

FCA band... I can hold a note as long as Clay, so I'll be a backup singer. I don't do harmony very well, tho... oh, well, he can teach me, I'm sure! :hahaha:

Edited by jmh123
just adding Lotus -jmh123

General liberal arts degrees and humanities degrees are essentially the same thing--some places call it one and some the other (I know this because I have an AA in liberal studies and a BA and MA in humanities--same stuff (art, literature, music, history, religion).

I'll beat the shit out of the person who tries to dress Clay before me!!!!

(Unless we can agree that I get the bottom half.)

Band: I can play the piano (quite badly, but HEY, it's still got to beat cowbells!)

Politics:

Liberal: Out and proud!

I don't play any musical instruments and you don't want me to sing.... can I be Clay's stylist? hee

Likewise...not musical. I will volunteer to be his dresser and I'm sure I could learn over the course of the tour to dress him quickly.

I just want Clay to stay in ONE spot while I circle him staring at him for as long as I want and trying to memorize his face because even though I've had a meet and greet and stood at the stage door a number of times and in lines at concerts and seen him up close, I TRULY do not have a good image in my mind of what he LOOKS LIKE because he freaking looks different every time I see him. It's maddening.

So are we going to have a fight now?

How about I dress him and you circle him staring at him for as long as you want?

Band: I can play the piano (quite badly, but HEY, it's still got to beat cowbells!)

:tongue57:Makes note that wc will be riding in the luggage compartment of the tour bus, where she is in charge of guarding the low rider jeans and the stripey sock supplies.

OK, you and Bella19 can battle it out, I get to undress him, and, tie his bow! :claybow:

Another non-musical FCA'er...since it will a summer tour and probably hot...I volunteer to stand next to Clay while he singing and wipe the sweat from his brow...perhaps we can have special towels made up...I am short, so if he sitting on a stool I will probably be right at forehead level.

Kim

Was there someone who wanted a Sir Robin bear picture?

here is the website

http://broadwaycares.com/events/bearsindex...t=11&End=20

Exactly what kind of songs does someone sing to cowbells and triangles? I am sure Clay can make it work. Wonder if he would dance to it?

I am off to work. We are suppose to get up to 10 inches of snow tomorrow :(

Everyone have a great night :)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Just booked my flight to Floridy for the GFI!! eeeeeeeeeeeee It's really real.

Saw this on a T Shirt.................Liberal Arts Major.....will think for food.

Another non-musical FCA'er...since it will a summer tour and probably hot...I volunteer to stand next to Clay while he singing and wipe the sweat from his brow...perhaps we can have special towels made up...I am short, so if he sitting on a stool I will probably be right at forehead level.

Kim

Maybe KAndre will lend you her Segway so you could zip around Clay as necessary.

Can you Be-Dazzle a Segway?

===============================

tribeca, we'll be getting that snow tonight. Which means, y'all, that I won't be leaving my house this weekend. Which means I'll be posting. Like lots. Fair warning and all...

Well not sure if you had anything to do with it, but got back without a hitch. Yayyy to be home.... for a couple of weeks anyway.

Yay, that you're home! Missed ya! :BlowKiss:

Nice to have been missed. I was here almost everyday reading as per normal. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

I got dibs on personal massager. Anyone know where I can take some classes in a hurry?

Another proud liberal here.

Edited because I want you guys to be aware that it's Clay's body I'm going to be massaging. No funny business with trying to take my spot and sticking me with one of the crew.

I would agree. I would much prefer to see you dressed long before Clay.

Oh, now that's just COLD.

:hahaha: