#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

I was struck by the courage of the newspaper person who hurled his shoes at Bush, shouting that this was for all the women and children killed in his country. Afterwards he was tortured for 24 hours until he "confessed" that a terrorist had induced him to take that action.

Hey, I don't blame the guy either. I think he was pretty brave – he had to know he would be tortured afterward. Finally, a journalist with the balls to say it like it is.

I say, scrutinize Obama all you want - but let's also scrutinize the criminal actions of our CURRENT President and his cronies. It's only fair. Let's start with the Senate Committee that found that Cheney authorized torture - a war crime. That senate committee report got NO play (thanks, Blago). Hell, even Cheney admitting it on camera got little play. More than a bit lopsided, the media, and not in the way republicans like to claim. Good at spin, that group.

I agree HeidiHo. And it makes me sick that Cheney actually brags about some of the things he's done like it's a good thing. There are quite a few in the Bush administration that should be locked up.

Bookwhore, feel free to sign up for the band. Lack of musical ability has not stopped the rest of us. Heck, you could take over my position because one session would probably stop my heart anyway. However, my body better be cold before you take over cuz as long as I'm breathing, that's my job. Don't need anything else in a rider, except maybe to be hosed down every now and then.

NEWS FLASH!

Tonight's SPAMALOT is a sell-out!

And there are only 2 tickets left for tomorrow's show!

BYE BYE SPAMALOT!!!

But first, I thought, let's go see Richard Chamberlain in the touring show!!

I just got some tickets for Wilmingtom Delaware. :)

I'm taking chachadotters 3&4 who haven't seen the show yet.

Can I be in the band? I have absolutely no musical talent,

I believe you own an accordian.... :hahaha:

oh...was that a secret?

---

Well yeah...that's a secret just between you and me and....how many thousand people are members here?

Couchie, do we have a 'slap the shit out of someone' emoticon here?

My daughter informed me last night that she was going to take down the Christmas tree for me while I was in NY, but that it's a big job for one person! No shit? NO SHIT???? I said. Please, tell me all about it. I haven't been doing it by myself for the last 25 years.

For anyone interested, I snagged the Walmart Soundcheck when it came around a couple of years ago. I'll never forget standing in Walmart with this on every widescreen and otherwise TV in the place. Anyway, this is a large YouSendIt, but here it is in its entirety:

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/640966290/0deaf2...7b8c8ed6bfab9f8

I was set to answer Cindilu, but I was late to the party. The throwing shoes can be interpreted two ways. No doubt Rick meant it in the George Bush way, but I remember my very first concert in Dallas in 2007 when Clay look off his sandals and threw them at Quiana, and proceeded to sing with his toes wrapped around the mike. Good times!

:::sigh::: The weekend. Finally. I was working so hard I didn't even know about the most recent dust up until it was over. Interesting reading. <g>

I HATE how they always mention Jaymes' age in the media. That's another big thing that needs work - making the media realize what pigs they are, for a couple reasons:

1) They go crazy over the younger man/older woman scenario and never say a peep about the much more frequent Older man/younger woman scenario. Sexist/ageist.

2) They constantly reference the age of older women, or the weight of women (high or low), etc - but don't give the same treatment to men. Sexist and hypocritical.

3) While it's nice that Clay is *seemingly* getting better treatment in the press since he came out - that too is highly infuriating and bigoted. Either he's now acceptable because he told them what they wanted to hear and they were right, or they're afraid to bash a gay man - why is it "okay" with them to treat someone who they believe is gay the way they treated Clay, yet now they're nice now that he's out? Fucking hypocrites.

4) The so-called liberal media are now scrutinizing Obama (who hasn't even taken office yet) - where the hell were they for the last eight years?!?! Liberal media my ass. They focus laser-like on Blago (who is, indeed, a criminal ass - but he's small potatoes), yet we don't hear a peep about Ted Stevens or Jack Abramoff or any of the multiple idicted/jailed republicans from the past several years (unless it has to do with them and their "wide stance" in the men's room in an airport, or congressional pages, of course - it's all about teh gay) or the biggest criminals of all - Bush Co.

That of course leads me to a whole other rant - congress getting a backbone way too freakin' late. But I'll save that for another day. <g>

The Bush shoe throwing incident was one of my absolute favorite moments in world history - but it begs the question - how did the dude manage to get a second shoe into the air without being tackled by secret service? I will say Bush does have remarkable reflexes for a man his age.

To include Clay - I bet that boy cackled as madly as I did when he saw that on TV. <g>

I could be wrong, but I've considered that Clay caught hell in the gossip rags for being in the closet, and now is praised, because, perhaps, the "gossip rag industry" is populated with so many out and proud gay men who want and pressure anyone believed to be gay to declare themselves. I've known some brutally gossipy gays.

And, Heidi, I only wish our media had been liberal for the past 25 years -- if it had, maybe the United States would still have a functioning economy, and hundreds of thousands of people wouldn't have died for nothing, and the people of New Orleans and Galveston wouldn't still be suffering, and our nation would have a smidgeon of respect instead of being known for torture, rendition and bullying Empire Americanus. And maybe the people who perpetrated these crimes against humanity wouldn't have been so free to heist the Treasury for their personal bank accounts in the Caymans while changing laws to prevent detection, or even investigation.

They can't hide forever. Don't expect to see many of them traveling abroad ... except maybe to Dubai and Saudi Arabia.

As for Obama qualifications, well, I read his books. He's freaking brilliant. George W. Bush ran for president on the basis of being the son of a former president, a caretaker governor in Texas where the governor had no function other than ceremonial, and he supposedly quit drinking. His reputation in the state among people who had worked with him over the years was that of a party animal and bully. But he was sold to the people of Texas, and then to the American people -- and not by a liberal media, I must add, but by Karl Rove, Mark McKinnon, and Karen Hughes. I'm so ready for the new guy, the smart, sensible, farsighted one.

keeping faith :

what Beatles song is this from , those lyrics at the bottom of your post?

"One sweet dream

Pick up the bags and get in the limousine

Soon we'll be away from here

Step on the gas and wipe that tear away

One sweet dream

Came true today"

I can hear Paul singing it in my mind but what's it from--is it from "Abbey Road"? album?

I'm getting OLD...and I'm scared that my Beatles Fan Club membership may be revoked!!!

keeping faith :

"One sweet dream

One sweet dream

Came true today"

I can hear Paul singing it in my mind but what's it from--is it from "Abbey Road"? album?

I'm getting OLD...and I'm scared that my Beatles Fan Club membership may be revoked!!!

Penny - I am wracking my brain to answer this question!! I should know it!! Is it "You Never Gave Me Your Money?" Yep - I think that was it!!! :)

And now - the next question would be, "what significance does that quote have to you kf?" :D

(It happens to be one of my faves as well.)

Penny -

Not keepingfaith, but a frequent lurker popping in.

Those lyrics are from You Never Give Me Your Money on Abbey Road.

Hi all! Don't post much, but still reading.

As for the band, I'm a mediocre guitar player, but I see someone already called the one thing I can play - the spoons. Yeah, I had a bluegrass phase. I was young.

ETA - see cha cha trusty was faster than me. See why I lurk?

When I was seven John Lennon was my first pretend boyfriend. Ah, John ... I still miss him.

Hello, FCA! :BlowKiss:

I thoroughly enjoyed sharing some of your posts about our incoming president with my liberal Tar Heel friend. She was most appreciative.

Now for some great news (I think):

While I was busy converting the Carolina blog to the OFC codes, the Golfing for Inclusion entry was discovered by the Best Golf Empire site. Therefore, the "Golfing for Inclusion" blog is receiving multiple hits from Best Golf Empire.

Here is what they posted at their site:

Jan 10 2009

Clay Aiken Polishes Golf Swing

Posted by: in Golf News, tags: Bubel Aiken Foundation, Clay Aiken, Excerpt, Fans, Fundraiser, Golf Stance, Golf Swing, Golf Swings, Golfing, Greens, Inclusion, Polishes, Random

Here’s a quick excerpt:

PREPARING FOR THE GREENS — Clay Aiken practices his golf stance at the 2008 Golfing for Inclusion event. Graphic by Amazing_CA.100th Country Visits BlogTBAF Sets Golfing for InclusionClay Aiken and his fans are brushing up their golf swings in preparation for the second annual Golfing for Inclusion hosted by the singer and PGA professional Wayne Player.Some supporters even admit to taking a few lessons prior to The Bubel/Aiken Foundation fundraiser slated for Saturday, Jan. 26.

Read the rest of this great post here [link]

Share and Enjoy

LOL, when you come over, look at all the golf balls in the Carolina's Live Feed! Perhaps some are hearing about TBAF for the first time. Kewl, huh?!?!?:! :hahaha:

Thnx to all who visit, comment, support the blogs. Chardonnay has a new one up, too! Check out the SPOTLIGHT BLOGS in the Carolina sidebar.

Have a great day, all! :)

Caro listen.gif

Per the CH, Reed has made his Myspace private and is deleting fans...Facebook is still public, but I imagine that might change.

Kim

For anyone interested, I snagged the Walmart Soundcheck when it came around a couple of years ago. I'll never forget standing in Walmart with this on every widescreen and otherwise TV in the place. Anyway, this is a large YouSendIt, but here it is in its entirety:

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/640966290/0deaf2...7b8c8ed6bfab9f8

I was set to answer Cindilu, but I was late to the party. The throwing shoes can be interpreted two ways. No doubt Rick meant it in the George Bush way, but I remember my very first concert in Dallas in 2007 when Clay look off his sandals and threw them at Quiana, and proceeded to sing with his toes wrapped around the mike. Good times!

:::sigh::: The weekend. Finally. I was working so hard I didn't even know about the most recent dust up until it was over. Interesting reading. <g>

I HATE how they always mention Jaymes' age in the media. That's another big thing that needs work - making the media realize what pigs they are, for a couple reasons:

1) They go crazy over the younger man/older woman scenario and never say a peep about the much more frequent Older man/younger woman scenario. Sexist/ageist.

2) They constantly reference the age of older women, or the weight of women (high or low), etc - but don't give the same treatment to men. Sexist and hypocritical.

3) While it's nice that Clay is *seemingly* getting better treatment in the press since he came out - that too is highly infuriating and bigoted. Either he's now acceptable because he told them what they wanted to hear and they were right, or they're afraid to bash a gay man - why is it "okay" with them to treat someone who they believe is gay the way they treated Clay, yet now they're nice now that he's out? Fucking hypocrites.

4) The so-called liberal media are now scrutinizing Obama (who hasn't even taken office yet) - where the hell were they for the last eight years?!?! Liberal media my ass. They focus laser-like on Blago (who is, indeed, a criminal ass - but he's small potatoes), yet we don't hear a peep about Ted Stevens or Jack Abramoff or any of the multiple idicted/jailed republicans from the past several years (unless it has to do with them and their "wide stance" in the men's room in an airport, or congressional pages, of course - it's all about teh gay) or the biggest criminals of all - Bush Co.

That of course leads me to a whole other rant - congress getting a backbone way too freakin' late. But I'll save that for another day. <g>

The Bush shoe throwing incident was one of my absolute favorite moments in world history - but it begs the question - how did the dude manage to get a second shoe into the air without being tackled by secret service? I will say Bush does have remarkable reflexes for a man his age.

To include Clay - I bet that boy cackled as madly as I did when he saw that on TV. <g>

I could be wrong, but I've considered that Clay caught hell in the gossip rags for being in the closet, and now is praised, because, perhaps, the "gossip rag industry" is populated with so many out and proud gay men who want and pressure anyone believed to be gay to declare themselves. I've known some brutally gossipy gays.

And, Heidi, I only wish our media had been liberal for the past 25 years -- if it had, maybe the United States would still have a functioning economy, and hundreds of thousands of people wouldn't have died for nothing, and the people of New Orleans and Galveston wouldn't still be suffering, and our nation would have a smidgeon of respect instead of being known for torture, rendition and bullying Empire Americanus. And maybe the people who perpetrated these crimes against humanity wouldn't have been so free to heist the Treasury for their personal bank accounts in the Caymans while changing laws to prevent detection, or even investigation.

They can't hide forever. Don't expect to see many of them traveling abroad ... except maybe to Dubai and Saudi Arabia.

As for Obama qualifications, well, I read his books. He's freaking brilliant. George W. Bush ran for president on the basis of being the son of a former president, a caretaker governor in Texas where the governor had no function other than ceremonial, and he supposedly quit drinking. His reputation in the state among people who had worked with him over the years was that of a party animal and bully. But he was sold to the people of Texas, and then to the American people -- and not by a liberal media, I must add, but by Karl Rove, Mark McKinnon, and Karen Hughes. I'm so ready for the new guy, the smart, sensible, farsighted one.

Very nicely said. See, I always want to say things like this but I can never think of it. I'd suck at debating. And I read Obama's book too and have heard him speak and I think he's amazing. No comment on GW Bush. Didn't agree with his dad politically but I at least respected the man.

PREPARING FOR THE GREENS — Clay Aiken practices his golf stance at the 2008 Golfing for Inclusion event. Graphic by Amazing_CA.100th Country Visits BlogTBAF Sets Golfing for InclusionClay Aiken and his fans are brushing up their golf swings in preparation for the second annual Golfing for Inclusion hosted by the singer and PGA professional Wayne Player.Some supporters even admit to taking a few lessons prior to The Bubel/Aiken Foundation fundraiser slated for Saturday, Jan. 26.

I hope it's Monday January 26 or I'm going to miss it.

PREPARING FOR THE GREENS — Clay Aiken practices his golf stance at the 2008 Golfing for Inclusion event. Graphic by Amazing_CA.100th Country Visits BlogTBAF Sets Golfing for Inclusion Clay Aiken and his fans are brushing up their golf swings in preparation for the second annual Golfing for Inclusion hosted by the singer and PGA professional Wayne Player.Some supporters even admit to taking a few lessons prior to The Bubel/Aiken Foundation fundraiser slated for Saturday, Jan. 26.

I hope it's Monday January 26 or I'm going to miss it.

Wow, do I ever need you for a proofreader! I thought I had gotten that from TBAF, but I'm the one who added Saturday. It's fixed now though. Yikes, I'm slipping!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Great pix! :clap:

Caro listen.gif

Per the CH, Reed has made his Myspace private and is deleting fans...Facebook is still public, but I imagine that might change.

Kim

Wouldn't that be the other way around? I don't use either, but I thought it was Facebook that you had to be 'friends' to see?

If so, I guess it's one of those lessons that just have to be learned the hard way. Hopefully it hasn't soured him to the entire fandom.

Oooh, pretties! Gosh that man is cute!

Did anyone else really, really dislike his long blond hair when it was first unveiled but really miss it now? I guess I feel a little partial to it now that it's gone since it was the hairstyle he had when I first became a fan, even though I thought it was horrible when I first saw it... Now I keep sighing wistfully over those Leno and Kimmel appearances when he had that hair--especially the Leno one! That outfit, the hair, the raspberry to the teacher who cut him in high school... *sigh*

OK... I'm done now. I promise. :D

*slinks off with head down*

ETA: *slinks back in*

I have another newbie question that I don't think can be solved by remembering the "FCA Recommends..." threads. I'm trying to increase my video Clack collection (even though I have more video Clack saved to my iPod than I have music period :lol:) and I was wondering if anyone knows any particularly good videos of the DCAT/SRHP tour--or any of the tours, really. I did go read the "FCA Rec..." thread, but that was mainly concentrating on audio quality, it seemed, so...

Oooh, pretties! Gosh that man is cute!

Did anyone else really, really dislike his long blond hair when it was first unveiled but really miss it now? I guess I feel a little partial to it now that it's gone since it was the hairstyle he had when I first became a fan, even though I thought it was horrible when I first saw it... Now I keep sighing wistfully over those Leno and Kimmel appearances when he had that hair--especially the Leno one! That outfit, the hair, the raspberry to the teacher who cut him in high school... *sigh*

OK... I'm done now. I promise. :D

*slinks off with head down*

ETA: *slinks back in*

I have another newbie question that I don't think can be solved by remembering the "FCA Recommends..." threads. I'm trying to increase my video Clack collection (even though I have more video Clack saved to my iPod than I have music period :lol: ) and I was wondering if anyone knows any particularly good videos of the DCAT/SRHP tour--or any of the tours, really. I did go read the "FCA Rec..." thread, but that was mainly concentrating on audio quality, it seemed, so...

One of my favorites is him and Quiana singing Listen. I think LauraQ's may be my favorite mainly because you could see Sean really getting into it in the background with a big smile on his face. I think someone may have made one that combines different angles. Are you looking for singing or banter? Cuz there are a lot of banter ones I can recommend. Like when they wouldn't keep the spotlight on Quiana for her solo so he sat her in his lap or the bats in Asheville or when he flirted with Anglela with her family in the audience. I could go on and on. My favorite clack gatherers are Scarlett and Spotlightlover because theirs are usually the clearest and steadiest.

As far as the hair, I liked it blonde but I saw the work in progress so it wasn't such a shocker. Like it brown too, and red, and would probably like it purple cuz he's so purdy. I just love his face.

One of my favorites is him and Quiana singing Listen. I think LauraQ's may be my favorite mainly because you could see Sean really getting into it in the background with a big smile on his face. I think someone may have made one that combines different angles. Are you looking for singing or banter? Cuz there are a lot of banter ones I can recommend. Like when they wouldn't keep the spotlight on Quiana for her solo so he sat her in his lap or the bats in Asheville or when he flirted with Anglela with her family in the audience. I could go on and on. My favorite clack gatherers are Scarlett and Spotlightlover because theirs are usually the clearest and steadiest.

As far as the hair, I liked it blonde but I saw the work in progress so it wasn't such a shocker. Like it brown too, and red, and would probably like it purple cuz he's so purdy. I just love his face.

Thanks, justclay12! I'm looking for entire concerts, basically. I don't know if there's an entire concert that has been recorded that is very good quality, but if there is, then I'll take that. I would like them broken down, though, just so I can listen to them in parts. Those banter ones that you mentioned sound really funny! I think I've heard of the bats in Asheville one, but I haven't downloaded it. Do you know if that would have the bats banter in the title or would it be under something else?

Your best bet, as usual, (IMO of course, lol) if you want a whole concert is to go with one of goldarngirl's and luckiest1's montage series. They are the best of all the videos for a single concert.

For DCAT they did Houston, Sterling Heights (a stellar concert, that also includes the Listen duet that justclay12 mentioned) and Canandaigua.

They are available on their site. goldarngirl.com

Your best bet, as usual, (IMO of course, lol) if you want a whole concert is to go with one of goldarngirl's and luckiest1's montages. They are the best of all the videos for a single concert.

For DCAT they did Houston, Sterling Heights (a stellar concert, that also includes the Listen duet that justclay mentioned) and Canadaigua.

They are available on their site. www.goldarngirl.com

Thank you for the compliment cindilu2. They are also at Clayversity Clackhouse and Clackunlimited

Clackunlimited

cha cha, do you want the long answer or the short answer?

Here's the short answer: That song does have a special meaning for me going back 39 years and 15 days. I was thereafter intrigued with it and wondered about it's meaning.

You never give me your money

You only give me your funny paper

and in the middle of negotiations

you break down

I never give you my number

I only give you my situation

and in the middle of investigation

I break down

Out of college, money spent

See no future, pay no rent

All the money's gone, nowhere to go

Any jobber got the sack

Monday morning, turning back

Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go

But oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go

Oh, that magic feeling

Nowhere to go

Nowhere to go

ah, ah, ah

One sweet dream

One sweet dream came true... today

Came true... today

Came true... today...yes it did now

One two three four five six seven,

All good children go to Heaven

It has always had a special place in my heart even though the lyrics were just out of reach for me -- and not just me as I've participated in many a discussion around the theories of what this song means. Among the theories are that this is the last song the Beatles ever wrote and that each of them contributed a part with John doing the money part, Ringo the college part, Paul the sweet dream part, and George with everybody going to Heaven. Some see the song as Paul's FU to Allen Klein. Others as a love song to Linda. Whatever, but it's been discussed. And then there's the thrilling reprise with the guitar that breaks my heart in Carry That Weight (A Long Time). Then one fine day I was read Learning To Sing, while hearing this song in my head and humming. And then it fit what I had been reading. Clay growing up, getting out of college, at a crossroads, and then One Sweet Dream came true. Then this song finally had a meaning for me after all those years.

For anyone who isn't familiar with You Never Give Me Your Money (from Abbey Road) here's a YouTube musicvid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEukNvLOOcs

and then there's that glorious reprise during Carry That Weight and following the guitar solo that weeps:

I never give you my pillow

I only send you my invitations

And in the middle of the celebrations

I break down.

Boy, you're going to carry that weight, carry that weight a long time.

That can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLTFJiN8o-A

This stuff still chokes me up. If Clay ever sang it I would die on the spot. And I'd be ready to go.

cindilu2, :BlowKiss:

clayzycoffin, if you are looking more for audio, you might want to try this audio compilation or this one (both have zip files available for a quick way to get a bunch of songs), or a full show by mime_fan like Fort Meyers, Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Tulsa or Houston. Or, of course, check out our own FCA media recommendations page here (also has links to download mp3s).

As for Asheville, many of the clips have "bugs" or "bats" in the title. Most of the different videographers also have mp3s in their folders.