#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Please forgive my bit of creative editing, but the words & sentiments are still clayzy's:

That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Thread title?

Edited to put the emphasis on 'OUR' per authoress clayzy! :)

Please forgive my bit of creative editing, but the words & sentiments are still clayzy's:

That's not just any man... THAT's our man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Thread title?

:lol: Ha! It's fine. I think the emphasis should really be on the "our" though. I was in a hurry as I was typing. :P

OMG - what a guy! He is unbelievably sweet.

BTW - did anybody see the first dance at the Inaugural Ball and what song the Obamas danced to??

eta - thanks ldyj! You snuck that in while I was posting!

it was AT Last by Beyonce

My heart is beating out of my chest.

I had just hung up from talking to xxx4clay. She called me to thank me for something.

I told her the concert was postponed til tomorrow. She had forgotten all about it. (Meds will do that to you.)

The nurse came in to give her a pill. The phone rang again.

This is everything she told me and she can’t remember it all or get it right, but here goes. She said, “Guess who I just got a call from?” I said ________

She said a male voice said,

“Guess who this is?”

xxx: I have no Idea.

CA: This is Sir Robin.

xxx: Who?

CA: Sir Robin. This is Clay Aiken.

xxx: No.

CA: Yes, this is Clay Aiken. How are you feeling?

xxx: I’m feeling a whole lot better now.

CA: The concert was called off and ????? the CV 9 ????? CV10????

Just finishing up here -- and hoped you could be here, but hopefully next time. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

xxx: He said a couple of other things and I can’t remember. I’m so thrilled. It’s pretty fabulous. I’m pretty happy. I’m gonna sleep as well as I’ve ever slept. I can picture him right now and I’m taking that to bed with me right now. I am so excited, I can barely stand it.

gareem: Is it OK to post?

xxx: Go for it!

:crying1:

BUt I want to know...just what does "WITH" Clay mean?!?!?!?!

Thanks for clearing all of that mushy, sappy stuff out of my head Muski! :hahaha:

Via the CH:

Bringing over our post from CV

From Raleigh from the CV 10

GROUP RECAP

Early this afternoon we were contacted by the BAF before it had been announced to the public that the Celine Dion concert had been cancelled. Since we were all from out of town and traveling home tomorrow and unable to attend the rescheduled concert the BAF bent over backwards to work out a beautful evening for us with Clay.

We are now back from our 3 hour dinner with Clay, Jaymes, Faye, Jerome, & Cheryl (Clay's assistant). Clay was kind enough to arrange a beautiful dinner for us. Dinner was excellant, the conversation and the company was even better. Thank you Gov. Purdue for declaring a state of emergency *g* because things worked out better than we could have ever imagined.

Clay was wearing jeans, that had button pockets on the back, puffy black jacket, gym shoes, dark navy sweater the one that he had on in the recent pic with Ruben and the Broadway Star interview with a gray T-Shirt under it. His hair looked very natural, not styled a little messy with some highlights. He looked adorable, gorgeous, amazing...you get the drift.

After a leisurely dinner and excellant conversation Cheryl took with Clay's camera a few group pictures of us all and individual pictures of us with Clay and will forward them to us. He also signed items with some very cute original personal touches on each item. Individually we will share those tidbits and pics when we get them.

As you all know Clay called xxx4clay who is in the hospital and was unable to be here with us. We had asked him if he would and he was more than happy to call her.

It was a wonderful evening we will never forget. Clay did say several times that our conversations tonight were to stay at the table.

We LOVE HIM more than ever and it was a totally unforgettable evening. OMG!!! WE LOVE HIM SO!!!

BTW: It is WELL WELL

Via the CH:

Hee! :hahaha:

A 3 hour dinner with Clay, Jaymes, Faye, Jerome, & Cheryl! Sorry, but ESPECIALLY a 3 hour dinner with Clay?! Oh WOW!

No words, just :Thud:

Not to try to detract from the awwwww-ness, but has anyone heard anything about the SAU Obama montage being used tonight?

ETA: Wait, what is "WELL WELL"?

EATA: Nevermind, I just got it. :lol:

EYATA: What do the EIDN liner notes say? Is it "well well" or "well now" there?

Wait, what is "WELL WELL"?

From Everything I Don't Need

Via the CH:

Hee! :hahaha:

A 3 hour dinner with Clay, Jaymes, Faye, Jerome, & Cheryl! Sorry, but ESPECIALLY a 3 hour dinner with Clay?! Oh WOW!

WOW!

3 hours is longer than a full concert! I could die and be in heaven!! wow, lucky, lucky group.

Very glad for them.

"well, well" - nice to be sure, isn't it.

:hahaha:

Thread title poll at the top of the page!

Oh geez, I love Clay Aiken, and his way of trying to make things best for everyone. 3 hours? Wow. More than a quickie, that's for sure. *g*

And hee! I always said it was "well well." HA!

Oh geez, I love Clay Aiken, and his way of trying to make things best for everyone. 3 hours? Wow. More than a quickie, that's for sure. *g*

Awww... I'm going to miss "Avoid the crazy, enjoy the goo" ! :hahaha:

Awww... I'm going to miss "Avoid the crazy, enjoy the goo" ! :hahaha:

:hahaha:

That WELL WELL is hawt! :Thud:

Excuse me while I wrap a blindfold over my eyes; otherwise, they might just roll all over the freakin' floor.

ALERT! The following is MY opinion and is not meant to represent any other fan.

Evidently, elsewhere there is yet another drama---this one over whether or not it is shitty of Clay to have asked the CV 10 group NOT to share things discussed at the dinner. Some fans say, "Meh...whatever. I doubt it's some earthshaking NEWS! or juicy gossip about his sex life." Others say, "He's being a brat. He's shitty. He doesn't even blog to the people who are members of his fan club; here he's just making the 'great divide' bigger---those with money get close and special treatment, those who don't have the bucks are outta luck."

Honestly, I see both view points. I really do NOT understand why he doesn't blog more or do other things for the 'masses' via the OFC. Seems a no-brainer to me. Little effort (a few minutes typing or uploading pics/short video clips, etc.) for big returns (fans feeling included, involved--especially when there's no news of concerts, etc.). But hey...he and his 'team' are in control, aren't they?

AND I also see the side of "Hey, they paid mucho bucks and traveled and spent some really unique time with Clay and friends/family. He asked them to keep their conversations 'private'. This was their 'prize', not ours."

What I think? I think he's probably yanking chains. And getting a giggle from the little explosions here and there. I personally cannot 'get' feeling indignant or 'excluded' or fed up, etc. If he has any REAL news about his career or 'what's next', he wouldn't share it with a few unless he WANTED it to get out...things like that just wouldn't stay secret. So I'm betting that it was just little chit chat or innuendo or hint hint/nudge nudge type things...or nothing of great import.

WHAT-thefrig-EVER.

And I also don't get it that people can claim he OWES us information since 'nothing's really going on right now career wise'. WHAT? The man just finished being onstage night after night for months, constantly in camera viewfinders and under the lights and scrutiny. He SAID he was going to take a break, damn it, so I for one don't begrudge him doing so.

Oy.

I too can see both sides.

Just an opinion I know he was in Spamalot twice. There was no video. So if you could not go all you could do is read recaps every night. I was lucky enough to go but I am Spammed out.

So I can see why some fans would like some news.

It's kind of difficult for me to say he deserves a break. I see people work much harder than him or any celebrity so JMHO it difficult for me to say that. But, he can afford it so if that's what he wants than that's what he should do.

I don't think writing a blog seems like that much work either.

Not saying he owes fans anything. Just think it would be nice thing to do.

well I'm in the they paid a lot of money camp and it's their prize. Sure I'd like to know but I won't die if I don't.

To me the fan club issue has nothing to do with the above. My take on the fan club is that people know by now what they are getting and they can pay up or not. I pay for the fan club as support for Clay and will continue to re up every year whether he issues 1 blog or 10. Since I only read the blogs for the past couple years I've been finding the fan club pack and paying half price. I know that people are all over the place on that one. I just like pulling out my little fan club card from behind the credit card and giggling. In other words I'm pretty damn sprung.

I rarely venture out, but I did tonight to see what report we'd get. I was thrilled to get ANY information, but some people are so jealous and (surprise, surprise) think that Clay or the women OWE us a complete report.

Bullshit.