#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Bet Muskifest

would share everything video & all

oh, I don't know, tribeca....I don't @*$& and tell... :sleezy: (well....with REAL names, that is...heh And hell--VIDEO?!?!?! :scream:tribeca, I don't think we've met in person or you wouldn't suggest such a thing! :hahaha: )

However, I bet the 'everything' might inspire that muse of mine that's been dormant for so long.... :whistling-1::DoClay:

liney, love your list of "if....then" info from the dinner! :lmaosmiley-1:

BTW, is there ANY news of the "Something About Us" montage and song actually being played at one of the ten "oh-fishul" inauguration balls? I haven't heard or read anything at all about it except that it was GOING to happen.

KAndre looks up at the current title and keeps on whistling...

On the dinner thing, I personally don't think Clay was being a little shit for saying, "Let's not discuss this" - I think Clay has gotten a serious education in the problems of hearsay in this fandom. And what someone said is right, no matter what Clay says or does, somebody will get into a hissy fit.

Is it unbecoming to be happy that the thread title drawn from something I said is in first place? :unsure::yess:Third time's the charm, baybee... HA!

Also... Good grief! Why should people expect details from a private dinner some fans had with Clay? Spoiled brats. :lol: I mean, if I had a private dinner (with anyone) then I wouldn't automatically assume I could spread the details far and wide anyway. Pfffshh.

Muskifest's one-on-one massage party with Clay, however... I think we all deserve to live vicariously through her... :sleezy:

Not to mention that if the whole conversation was detailed, there would be mind-numbingly boring posts whining about what questions were asked, what questions weren't asked, killjoy rants about what was revealed, if anything......and then the next group of people would prolly get detailed and indexed instructions on what they should be asking about instead of enjoying an intimate, non-fan, dinner.

The bolded part is so, so true. :hahaha:

KAndre looks up at the current title and keeps on whistling...

On the dinner thing, I personally don't think Clay was being a little shit for saying, "Let's not discuss this" - I think Clay has gotten a serious education in the problems of hearsay in this fandom. And what someone said is right, no matter what Clay says or does, somebody will get into a hissy fit.

Exactly.

Yawn. Some fans are having hissy fits again? So, what else is new?

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I agree that it's totally up to Clay and the fans who paid so much money whether to share. It's their right. And if I had a dinner like that with Clay, and he said no sharing, I'd say, "YES, MASTER!!!!!" And I'd hope that I could then be a bit less restrained with my . . . um . . . affections. You know, hugs, and WHATNOT. Heeeeee.

I think a better topic of conversation would be THE HAIR!! When, oh when, will he grow out his hair again, and make it look like this?!?! :tasty:

ama06-22f.jpg

Yawn. Some fans are having hissy fits again? So, what else is new?

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I agree that it's totally up to Clay and the fans who paid so much money whether to share. It's their right. And if I had a dinner like that with Clay, and he said no sharing, I'd say, "YES, MASTER!!!!!" And I'd hope that I could then be a bit less restrained with my . . . um . . . affections. You know, hugs, and WHATNOT. Heeeeee.

I think a better topic of conversation would be THE HAIR!! When, oh when, will he grow out his hair again, and make it look like this?!?! :tasty:

ama06-22f.jpg

Jerome was there, ya know... :lol:

I think we need....

filteredpianothud.jpg <-- :hubbahubba:

CloseupJNTstuble.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that no matter what happens, whether information is divulged, or withheld, someone, somewhere in the Claynation is going to have a shit-fit over it and make sure that everyone knows of their displeasure.

I'm glad the group had such a special evening and that Clay made that happen for them. He could have sent them out for dinner and dropped in briefly to shake hands and say hello. Instead he made it a special event and a memory that will last forever. They contributed a lot of money to the BAF...and yeah, I wish I could do that too, but we all do what we CAN do, so I'm not going to begrudge them that pleasure.

But dang, I was sure it was "well, now"! :split:

Love the emoticon!

In the case where the fan who won the auction for a private dinner with Clay, we have heard nothing later.

I think that perhaps part of the disappointment of getting no recaps from the Celine concert 10 is that we were expecting to read about the concert and the meeting of Celine afterward as well of course what OMC looked like, smelled like and dressed like. There would not be time for much conversation.

The event became something entirely different and, as much as I am disappointed in not hearing a bit more about the evening, I understand entirely why Clay made such a request. How can one have easy conversation knowing that everything you say will be on the internet that same night.

Always knew it was "well, well". :em0100:

Just to make sure all is clear: when I say Clay can be a little shit, I say it with all fondness. IMO, he CAN be a 'little shit'--meaning to me that he's impish and a prankster and has a tendency to like to 'get one over' somebody else in fun. We KNOW he likes to do such things with Q&A on and off stage and I betcha he enjoys such diversions with others, too. ;)

And now...for something comPLETEly different! :lilredani:

I wanna see the Obamas dancing to SAU, dang it!

Just to make sure all is clear: when I say Clay can be a little shit, I say it with all fondness. IMO, he CAN be a 'little shit'--meaning to me that he's impish and a prankster and has a tendency to like to 'get one over' somebody else in fun. We KNOW he likes to do such things with Q&A on and off stage and I betcha he enjoys such diversions with others, too. ;)

I knew that you meant it fondly. I just don't agree with your theory. I think he just wanted them to have a nice dinner without taking notes (which he has expressed dislike for) or misreporting what happened, or without him having to watch what he says the whole time.

As for playing some kind of joke on "us" by telling them not to say anything, nah, not buying it. I don't know how to explain it, but it assumes a level of interest in "us" that I don't think he has. Sure he loves his fans, and loves to entertain, but I don't think he thinks of us as his friends or is that interested in our reactions to this dinner.

Would I like to have all the details from last night's dinner with the CV10? Hell yes! Do I think it's a case of "haves vs. have nots" or "keeping secrets" or Clay trying to "pull one over on us"? Hell no! I agree that it was to be a nice evening with people who made a sizeable donation to BAF, who happened to also be fans. And I also agree that if whatever was discussed was posted, it would be dissected and spun 157 ways from Sunday and someone would still end up with their panties in wad.

So what else is new in the Nation of Clay? :lilredani:

Is it unbecoming to be happy that the thread title drawn from something I said is in first place? :unsure::yess:Third time's the charm, baybee... HA!

You're too cute! :hahaha: And a friend (:hello:Dediclaytion!) and I have had the same convo as in your siggie. Several times.

And I also agree that if whatever was discussed was posted, it would be dissected and spun 157 ways from Sunday and someone would still end up with their panties in wad.

:yeahthat:

And if he blogged every freaking day, it wouldn't be enough for some people, or it would be wrong. Not deep enough, not light enough, not funny enough, not serious enough, whatever.

And I also agree that if whatever was discussed was posted, it would be dissected and spun 157 ways from Sunday and someone would still end up with their panties in wad.

And if he blogged every freaking day, it wouldn't be enough for some people, or it would be wrong. Not deep enough, not light enough, not funny enough, not serious enough, whatever.

tru dat

But I AM in the car that says blogging a hello now and then wouldn't hurt anything and, according to some people's posts, would make more of the masses feel a part of a fandom. The man does know how to use technology, so saying something like, "Whoa! I lost the dogs in the snow at my house! They went nuts and it was fun chasing them around the yard. They won the race, by the way. HaHa!"

Yeah, I know. Somebody would say something like, 'What? He finally blogs and all he's gonna talk about is his freaking DOGS!?!?!? What about a tour? What about a new cd or promotion of the old one? What about Parker? What about his love life? What about his jockstrap size? What about his sexual activity frequency? What about his favorite position? What about his preference--morning or evening shower? What about....

How 'bout them Mets? :lilredani:

It is getting nasty out there. I could care less how often he blogs. Some people are really making a big deal out of this. If 10 people were present at the dinner, we probably would get 10 different versions on what he said. This way with the conversation not being discussed, they only have their interpretations and people will not be able to speculate on the meaning of every word that came out of his mouth.

I do not get the reasoning that he will loose his fans if he does not communicate. I enjoy other artist, buy their CD's when they come out, but do not go to their fan club sites to check out every word they express or how often. The internet fans only make up a small portion of his fans. If they are that shallow that because he does not blog on a regular basis they are out of here, that is their problem not his. I remember reading when he did blog about something casual he was critized because it was not an indepth subject but something just for fun. Do not get me wrong I enjoy when he does blog but it does not make or break my love for him

I keep HOPING Clay will lose some of these lunatic fans who sap the joy out of everything with their continual criticisms of everything Clay does, wears, and says. WHY are they still here since Clay is so inconsiderate, etc. etc. ad nauseum??????

But I AM in the car that says blogging a hello now and then wouldn't hurt anything

I'm easy, but that is the one thing that bugs me a wee little bit from time to time. Not that I'm going to throw a hissy fit or call him names or say unflattering things about him or no longer be a fan or not throw my money at him. It wouldn't take much time or effort on his part. Although, the rest of your post about it never being "right", no matter what he says is sadly true, so he's sort of damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. Might as well eat another Hot Pocket, read to Parker & take a nap.

From toni7babe at CH:

The evening isn't being kept secret. We posted as a group a recap with info about who was there, what he had on and have said when we get our pics we will share them with all. We took individual, group and table pic. We shared more details about his call to our dear fellow CV'er xxx4clay who couldnt be there due to illness. We are just keeping the conversations during our dinner at the table. That's it. We don't feel burden by it at all. We are happy to respect his wishes.

Some may post when we get home our signed items as he wrote some cute things on them and share what he might of said to us personally about the items.

Clay and the BAF bent over backwards to make it a wonderful night for us.

You know the saying you couldn't love him anymore than you already do....well I DO.

Wonderful man!!

But I AM in the car that says blogging a hello now and then wouldn't hurt anything

I'm easy, but that is the one thing that bugs me a wee little bit from time to time. Not that I'm going to throw a hissy fit or call him names or say unflattering things about him or no longer be a fan or not throw my money at him. It wouldn't take much time or effort on his part. Although, the rest of your post about it never being "right", no matter what he says is sadly true, so he's sort of damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. Might as well eat another Hot Pocket, read to Parker & take a nap.

anna... :yeahthat: Especially the bolded part.

By the way, I have been meaning to ask who H. Jackson Brown Jr. is??? Your siggie by him resonates with me, but I have no idea who the man saying it is. :cryingwlaughter: Enlightenment, please! :cryingwlaughter:

By the way, I have been meaning to ask who H. Jackson Brown Jr. is??? Your siggie by him resonates with me, but I have no idea who the man saying it is. :cryingwlaughter:Enlightenment, please! :cryingwlaughter:

Your wish is my command. :) BTW, congrats on your weight loss!! :14:

He's the author of "Life's Little Instruction Book". From his website:

Jackson Brown was born and still lives in Middle Tennessee. His numerous books are in 35 languages and read throughout the world claiming 158 weeks on the New York Times Bestseller list. It is sometimes noted that he graduated from a prestigious university and is the recipient of one of their most distinguished awards but, who knows? If you were to phone the administration office, they would probably deny that he ever attended. It seems hard feelings still linger regarding Mr. Brown’s insistence that the campus clock tower he pledged to help fund be in the shape of a 300-foot ukulele.

Currently, Mr. Brown writes in a remote log cabin high on Hatchet’s Ridge in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. There he retreats to observe, ponder, resharpen No. 2 pencils and train his parrot to squawk, “One more step and I’ll shoot.” Should you want to visit, get an early start. Take the gravel road east out of Crowell Corners to the end. There it becomes a dirt road switch-backing up the ridges. A hand-lettered sign nailed to a hickory tree teasingly identifies these last fifteen miles as Broken Axle Trail. The cabin is not the first or second on this dusty corkscrew but the third. You’ll think you’re almost there, but you’re not. And count the creeks. You’ll cross two. The first on a tricky two-plank bridge. The second, unfortunately, offers no bridge at all. Now look for the weathered tin roof and the trellised front gate crowned with honeysuckle. Pay no attention to the dogs Dan, Hoover and Hot Ticket asleep on the front porch couch; Hoover hasn’t bitten anyone in years. But be careful where you step. The copperheads, rattlesnakes, and wild hogs love this bit of heaven as much as Mr. Brown does.

P . S . As Mr. Brown instructs in one of his books, "Don't believe everything you read."

:cryingwlaughter:

toni7babe is a class act.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I will never stop being a fan of Clay, but I can see myself edging over to quitting the boards because the constant bitching and nitpicking takes the fun out of it. What a stupid way to spend my time.

No, the dinner was not a fan function and has nothing to do with blogging.

Now, I am disappointed because I have not read any more about The Trip To Japan, starring KAndre - have I missed something?????

tribeca, to answer your question...it really is two separate things in many ways (the blogging vs. what happened at the dinner), but I think it all boils down to this: communication.

More than a few fans felt that there would be some good, juicy tidbits that came out of him sharing the skybox with these people for the Celine show. Tidbits about Parker. Tidbits about his next album. Tidbits about his future career plans. Etc. And these fans felt that these tidbits SHOULD be shared with all his internet fans. The setting changed a bit (from a skybox to a dinner) but the expectations really didn't. Except...Clay set a ground rule or two, and as it happened, very few tidbits came out. Well, well.

In the same manner, these are the kinds of tidbits that I see some fans wanting from him when he blogs. IMO (and to make perfectly clear, IMO), there's a need for constant communication from him. Yes, he doesn't make good use of his blogging skills, and I too wish he would a bit more often. But I certainly don't need for him to blog on a regular basis.

In the end, to some, it feels as if he's cut off communication with the fanbase, either with his rules at the dinner or his non-blogging, and this makes them upset. And to take it further, some then feel that he's cutting off his nose to spite his face by cutting off this communication, and will lose fans.

I guess I'm just easy, easy like Sunday morning [tm Lionel Richie] when it comes to Clay in this manner. I have faith in the man, his talent, and his career, and never really expect anything from him. I like the surprise factor when something does get announced, though. (I used to hate surprises, but I've learned the joy in them by being in this fandom...)

So, while I would love to know more about the dinner last night, and would love for him to blog more often, I don't NEED it. I just want him to make me laugh, via a TV show or a radio interview or some concert banter.