Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Oh, ldyjocelyn, I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and yours.

Oh, {{{ldyj}}}, I'm so very sorry. Prayers for you & your family in this difficult time. :sorrysmiley:

{{{ldyj}}} I'm so sorry. Your mom must have been a wonderful person in life to be so thoughtful and generous even after death.

{{{ldyjocelyn}}}

Letter from Heaven

To my dearest friends and family,

some things I'd like to say.

But first of all, to let you know,

that I arrived okay.

I'm writing this from heaven.

Here I dwell with God above.

Here, there's no more tears of sadness;

Here is just eternal love.

Please do not be unhappy

just because I'm out of sight.

Remember that I am with you every

morning, noon and night.

That day I had to leave you

when my life on earth was through.

God picked me up and hugged me and

He said, "I welcome you".

"It's good to have you back again,

you were missed while you were gone.

As for your friends and family,

They'll be here later on.

I need you here badly,

you're part of my plan.

There's so much that we have to do,

to help our mortal man."

God gave me a list of things,

that he wished for me to do, and

foremost on the list,

was to watch and care for you.

And I will be beside you

every day and week and year

and when you're sad

I'm standing there to wipe away the tear.

And when you lie in bed at night

the day's chores put to flight,

God and I are closest to you..

in the middle of the night.

When you think of my life on earth,

and all those loving years,

because you are only human,

they are bound to bring you tears.

But do not be afraid to cry,

it does relieve the pain.

Remember there would be no flowers,

unless there was some rain.

I wish that I could tell you

all that God has planned.

If I were to tell you,

you wouldn't understand.

But one thing is for certain,

though my life on earth is o'er,

I'm closer to you now than

I ever was before.

And to my very many friends

trust God knows what is best,

I'm still not far away from you

I'm just beyond the crest.

There are many rocky roads

ahead of you and

many hills to climb;

But together we can do it by

taking one day at a time.

It was always my philosophy

and I'd like it for you too;

That as give unto the world,

the world will give to you.

If you can help somebody

who's in sorrow and pain,

then you can say to God

at night...

"My day was not in vain".

And now I am contented....

that my life was worthwhile.

Know as I passed along the way

I made somebody smile.

So if you meet somebody

who is sad and feeling low,

Just lend a hand to pick him up,

as on your way you go.

When you're walking down the street

and you've got me on your mind,

I'm walking in you footsteps

only half a step behind.

And when you feel the gentle breeze

or the wind upon your face,

that's me giving you a great big hug

or just a soft embrace.

And when it's time for you to go

....from that body to be free.

Remember you're not going..

..you're coming here to me.

And I will always love you

from that land way up above.

Will be in touch again soon.

LdyJ I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's a very had thing to lose a parent. My heart is with you.

ldyj...life is so ironic. I haven't been around here a lot lately---so much real life asking for my time. I checked in here before heading to bed and saw your post about your mom. I'll be thinking of you tonight. I know we've talked about our moms and how we care for them. I just want you to know that I've always smiled while reading your posts about your visits to see your mother. Your words have always been so loving and caring and they so clearly expressed how much you loved her.

I have no doubt that your mom is at peace now. I hope you can feel peaceful, too. You've been a wonderful daughter and I know you must have made her life brighter. :friends:

Have fun KAndre!

ldyjocelyn, I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. {{{hugs}}}

Solo, thanks for the info. Off to check it out!

ETA: How much do I love Clay saying "bat **** insane"? :cryingwlaughter:

((((ldyj and family)))) I'm so sorry for you loss and you are in my prayers.

---------------------------------------------------

Last night's handful of answers from Clay start at Post # 4329. His last answer was to a question about the small earthquake that LA had in the evening. Clay replied that he didn't feel it and didn't know what everyone was talking about. That seems to imply that he's still in LA. On the other hand, it could mean he didn't feel it because he's in NYC / Raleigh / France. :P

I know this isn't the political thread but I was so glad to hear tha Olberman and now Clay have brought this dangerous woman to many people's attention . I have worked for her opponents the last four years and even questioned her once on the phone, so I have become aware of her "inadequacies". One thing I have to correct: She doesn't represent Winston-Salem, just the western side, in which I unfortunately live. Mel Watt, a fantastic congressman, represents the other part of Winston. She won by getting most of her votes from the western side of the state to the Tenn border, which is very rural.

I'm going to take a break from politics this year but will be back in full force in 2010 when she is up for re-election.

Good Morning Everyone,

Ldyj

My deepest sympathies.

Well, I see Clay answered some more questions...none of mine and I thought I asked some really good ones. I really do hope he goes back and answers some questions he has skipped over because I think he has missed some really good ones (and I am not just talking about mine.)

7 Days until Viva Las Vegas with Clay!

:yahoo:

12 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Idyj I am so sorry for your loss. I am also looking at my mom who will be 88 soon and not in the best of health. I know in my heart that the day will come when she will leave us, but it still does not make it easy. My mom has been my rock. My father past away when I was in my senior year of high school and she has always been there for me. I see her fading and when you posted about your mom I realized again to be thankful for the time she is here. I was able to take her to three concerts of Clay's but she is not in good enough health to be able to travel anymore. You and your family are in my prayers.

ldyjoycelyn

I am sorry that you feel sad and will miss your mother periodically for perhaps the rest of your life. But I am not actually sorry for you in the real sense at all because I am thinking how lucky your mother was to have lived to such a wonderful age and to have had the experience of getting to know you through the many phases in your life. And how lucky you are that your mother lived long enough to reach a time in her life that she needed you, and how lucky you were to have been there for her. I am also not sorry because I know your beliefs, and therefore I know they will bring you great comfort and joy in knowing that she is in a better place. The sadness you may feel right now is also a privilege.

I hesitated to say this in case it is misunderstood but I really wanted to say what I felt so I hope it is taken in the spirit that it is intended.

Thank you all for your kind words. My Mom died earlier this afternoon. Three broken bones, at the age of 88, were just too much for her.

Her body is being donated to science, so there will be no funeral, just a memorial service. That is tentatively planned for a week from tomorrow (which will give my sister time to get here). In the meantime, I'll try to keep on keeping on with life while we wait for all this to happen.

I'll be in and out for the next few days. Thanks for all your support. I love my Clay friends.

Hey couchie -- get the thread title poll going!

I'm so sorry for your loss. At least she is no longer suffering. With love and prayers.

How do I get rid of siggies and pictures at OFC? And is there a way to put more posts on a page? I think I missed like 3 rounds of Clay postings but I'm tired of scrolling backward looking for his color. Is a mod still updating just his answers somewhere? And I'm not completely lazy ..am off to try to answer these for myself :cryingwlaughter:

I saw this 20 something guy on muni the other day and he on a tshirt that said "I'm Not Dead Yet" on the front in white letters on black. And it had the Spam logo very small on both shoulders. Has anyone ever seen that shirt. I would have bought that one. I told him I liked his shirt and he said he got it in NY. We started chatting about the show.. he loved it of course. He saw it in June. I told him I saw it 3 times last year which is not so crazy sounding as the real number. :hahaha:

Fear..Of course now I have to google Rep Fox.

ETA: OH WOW, the OFC has this new inventive thing called "SETTINGS" :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

To turn off siggies and avatars you have to go to your control panel and look for settings...when you are on the message board scroll up to the top...on the right side it will tell you if you have messages or not...click on that and it will take you to your settings...left side of page. There is probably an easier way, but that is the way I do it.

BFS was not on the board last night when Clay was on so his answers were not archived. There is a thread in the Rest Home Forum with all his questions and answers.

Questions from last night begin with post # 4392.

Kim