#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

I went to bed really early last night, but this morning was my first 10 mile bike ride on a local trail. It was fun -- but I'm sure I'll be tired, and ready for bed early again tonight. Then, hubby and I picked up some new bookshelves, and in a few months, will be in the midst of a bathroom remodel. Yikes!

Anybody NEED to purchase anything signed by Clay and the cast of Spamalot? Autographed Hounds of Broadway: Monty from Spamalot

Small Clay mention at the end of the live interview about Clay in the show when it was on Broadway

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/good_day_..._GDLA_20090701

CLICK ON THE VIDEO

JMHO I think it would be nice if just once someone from the cast of Spamalot would acknowledge that there were Clay fans who showed support for him when he came out. I seem to remember seeing a SD video with many fans with flowers, cards, balloons ect.. Why doens't anyone ever mention them?

Happy Independence Day a little bit early. What's everybody doing tomorrow?
Everything I should have done today except go buy milk and Splenda, and begin rendering Asheville TOA. (2 out of mumblety-mumble isn't bad) :cryingwlaughter:

Happy Independence Day too!!!

I'm so glad I have a chance to put Clay and 'boners' in the same sentence. :hubbahubba:
:clap: hee

...and thankyou for the explanation, clayzy!

I am so envious of those who were fortunate enough to witness Merrillville live. Cognito, I'm sure you will have that memory to keep you warm when your old and gray. *sigh*

And thanks again to Scarlett and all those who 'render' Clay (takes a moment) :BlowKiss:

ldyj, I got in a 4 and a half mile ride today. Which is pretty tiring in the heat for me so I applaud your stamina & strength!

I also got to see Andy Roddick advance to the finals at Wimbledon so I am a happy camper today!!

And while I'm at it -

:loveclaysbutt:

Ahhhhhhhhhh, finally able to log on and post after 2 hellish days covering for another employee at work. So nice to have had Wednesday off and now a weekend.....I could do that every week, that would be ok with me. :cryingwlaughter:

Merrillville JNaT was such a special concert. I will be forever grateful that I made the trip.

Happy July 4th tomorrow to all the Americans!

Happy Independence Day a little bit early. What's everybody doing tomorrow?

HAPPY 4TH!!

thcb07ab44.gif

FromClaygary, that's so pretty! I love it!

I intend to try my hand at grilling some chicken leg quarters tomorrow. Ever since my dad dropped a tree on his gas grill, I've been the unofficial griller at our house on the little charcoal grill I begged my mom for. Here's to not burning or undercooking anything (too badly)!! :laugh2:

HAPPY FOURTH!

I told everyone that I had to make up for the last 3 weeks where I got nowhere near the amount of work done I needed to. So basically I would come over for a few hours tomorrow but other than that I need to work. And my family is such lovely people that they did all they could so I could just enjoy my 3 hour bbq. Yep -- they brought me the ribs and all the ingredients to make the mac and cheese so I could just bring them with me when I come and not wait around for them to cook it.. LOL. It's so nice to be invited to someone elses house for dinner. One of these days I won't even have to cook it myself. :cryingwlaughter:

And thanks again to Scarlett and all those who 'render' Clay (takes a moment) :BlowKiss:

ldyj, I got in a 4 and a half mile ride today. Which is pretty tiring in the heat for me so I applaud your stamina & strength!

I also got to see Andy Roddick advance to the finals at Wimbledon so I am a happy camper today!!

And while I'm at it -

:loveclaysbutt:

You're welcome! *takes a moment too* :cryingwlaughter:

When he was just starting out, I saw Andy Roddick play at the Westside Tennis Club here which used to have the only clay courts identical to the ones at Roland Garros. He was very good with his fans.

I intend to try my hand at grilling some chicken leg quarters tomorrow. Ever since my dad dropped a tree on his gas grill, I've been the unofficial griller at our house on the little charcoal grill I begged my mom for. Here's to not burning or undercooking anything (too badly)!! :laugh2:

HAPPY FOURTH!

Pre-baking chicken or parboiling it in the marinade (though grill purists will sniff at this) will improve the flavor and reduce the chance of undercooking it.

Glad to see that couchie and luckiest have some time to play this weekend!!! :BlowKiss:

I've spent some time looking through the Jamd site, and found so many pictures I didn't have in my collection. Here's some of the favorites I snagged:

He looked so fine at the Virgin Megastore!

81005853.jpg

81062700.jpg

81062704.jpg

merrieeee, he doesn't look sick here, does he?:

72600106.jpg

In this one he reminds me of someone. PARKER!

2019797.jpg

This is just a cool picture all the way around!

2016680.jpg

Clay had a particular style from the very beginning it seems ....

77039568.jpg

Yeah, baybee!

84118748.jpg

About Clay's voice, for me it's the variety of signature sounds in his voice. When he puts a move on a note it may be hushed or husky but it's ONLY Clay who has that tonal quality that makes me tingle. I like it.

I like it a lot.

2016526.jpg

Comparing Clay's concerts to other artists, that's kind of impossible for me. I only ever went to concerts that were classical, folk, rock or blues -- and a lot of them, but not pop. I'm trying to think if I ever went to a pop concert other than Clay. The only thing I can think of is Linda Ronstadt, but that was in the early 70's and she was pretty rock then, but I think she counts. So Clay Aiken and Linda Ronstadt would probably be it for pop shows -- and Linda never said a WORD.

Yep, I have Clay enshrined in a category up at the top all by himself. The ultimate all-around live musical experience with a natural entertainer who loves people and shows it. I'm ruined for others.

kf.... I right-clicked-and-saved those suckers so fast my fingers hurt... :cryingwlaughter: I knew there was a good reason why I've been so busy that I'm behind... I get to quote post these pretty pictures again for everyone to enjoy a second time!

Nice pictures! Thanks as always, kf!!!

Clay Concerts? Where to begin... Like a box of chocolates. Like being in class with a really cute teacher. Like a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster without the alcohol. Like floating on air from giggles. Like having and maxing out an all-day-front-of-line combination pass to Universal/Disney/SeaWorld/BuschGardens. Like listening to angels with halos set at a jaunty angle. Like riding a dragon. Like, like nothing else in the world!

Scarlett... I love this! Excellente, chica!!!

Hmmm...a Clay concert experience versus other artists....I have to agree with Couchie. I've never gone to a lot of concerts but the ones I've been to were incredible in different ways. Clay does have more a direct connection with his audience than any other entertainer I've seen for the size of the venue (I've been to little jazz clubs where I swear I was on a date with the bass player)...MJ put on an extravaganza that was an event - the audience united in a way that's hard to describe - it was almost an out of body experience. Prince - oh man, Prince - he hit Houston on that tour where he said this was the last time he would do his old stuff and it was sublime. John Legend - eye candy and pretty singing. I honestly can't say Clay is the best concert experience I've had - but he is third behind Prince and MJ - and I've have better seats at Clay's concerts. The concert at Buttfuck, ND - Lord, I can't even remember the name of the city - was the pinnacle of my Clay concert - first concert of the tour so everything was fresh - perfect standing placement at the catwalk - a freakin' killer setlist - and I got to flirt with Clay AND Jacob. And then there was Atlantic City, nights 1 and 2 with the JBT - perfect in every way - including screaming at some heifer trying to make me sit down. And last, but not least, West Point - where I saw the heart of a performer (and Scarlett couldn't recognize Jerome).

KAndre... Third behind MJ and Prince... sounds pretty dang good billing to me!

Scarlett... for pete's sake, woman... Jerome is 7ft tall. Just on height alone you should recognize him! :cryingwlaughter:

About Clay concerts... (I've been to a few...) :cryingwlaughter:

What always gets me is I can't stop grinning and watching his every move, even if it's thru a camera,

and if it is thru a camera, I am usually holding my breath a lot, or just definitely trying to control the breathing!

And I can't stop thinking about what it must be like to HIM, seeing all these fans staring up at him with all the SEG's on their faces.

I think the quality of the performance goes up according to the positive feedback from the audience. Especially with Clay. :snoopy:

PaulClay.gif Concerts in general,

I've been to a bunch, and Clay is at the top right next to Paul McCartney!

Who I am seeing in 3 weeks at CitiField in Flushing!! w00t!! :dancingpickle:

And then again in DC at FedEx Field!! d0uble w00t!!

:04:

On the home front, I have been up to my elbows in vinyl this past few days, making a tonneau for the Morgan.

After a few setbacks and sewing machine malfunctions (the damn things hate me!) I've got blisters on mah fingers...

and I'm almost finished. One Over-the-door flap and about a dozen special-type grommets to go!!

This is what I wanted to do to the sewing machine yesterday! :breakpc2:

We are taking the newly-improved Morgan to our annual meet this year, it is almost totally back together!

(Those who were paying attention last summer may remember the drama involved with getting the parts back

from the paint shop last year and putting it back together in time, which didn't happen!)

Here's what it looks like, as of a few months ago... it now has doors and stuff! (and a tonneau!)

th_DSC03227.jpg

HAPPY FOURTH EVERYBODY!

We'll be away at our Morgan Owners Gathering... :BlowKiss:

eta: forgot to say Welcome Newbies!!! dancing-welcome.gif

and... Happy Birthday to all I've missed!!

pushingcake.gif

cha cha... N.I.C.E. car!!! Someone who can, can we add that pushing the birthday cake to our emoties... I think it is so cute!

FromC... that Bon Jovi YouTube was awesome! The clarity or the video and the fantastic sound was the best I've ever seen on YouTube. Do you know if that is available to download anywhere?

FromC... that Bon Jovi YouTube was awesome! The clarity or the video and the fantastic sound was the best I've ever seen on YouTube. Do you know if that is available to download anywhere?

Sorry, liney, I don't! I have Realplayer and DL'd it to my player, but I can never figure out if it's possible to get it OFF of there. It it is, I dunno how. :shrug:

I got it from Facebook. If you're a FB member, just go to their fanpage and the link is there if someone can figure out how to DL it......Scarlett?

I really enjoyed it too!

Sorry, liney, I don't! I have Realplayer and DL'd it to my player, but I can never figure out if it's possible to get it OFF of there. It it is, I dunno how. :shrug:

I got it from Facebook. If you're a FB member, just go to their fanpage and the link is there if someone can figure out how to DL it......Scarlett?

I really enjoyed it too!

Sure thing! I'll grab it and convert....

ETA: Wow, I didn't know you could upload higher quality files to YouTube. I may start uploading some HD clips. Thanks! :thankyou:

:hello:

Hello friends in the USA and around the world! I have a new entry at Ashes Clay the Man as a greeting for the Independence Day celebrations.It's short, but has a new collage from Fountaindawg, the awesome rewind video of Clay's Capitol 4th appearance from Yollie950, and a brand new puzzle from Sally (Bsrefong).

Clay Fans Celebrate July 4th

That was a fun blog, Claysmelody, thanks!

I have a family reunion tomorrow so I will take the time now to say ~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USA

Have a wonderful and safe July 4th everyone!!

Clay's feeling a bit patriotic too :)

:GM_FCA:

Happy 4th of July!

105 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I think I mentioned that we are renovating our living room and have built a new, large closet in one corner of the room...yesterday we started moving things into...stuff from the old closet and things from our closet in our bedroom...who knew you could stuff so much in one small closet (s)! Found a box of cards...I think I must have saved every anniversary, birthday, thank you, etc. that my husband, kids, etc. have given me. Also found a bag of my folks personal stuff that acquired after my Dad died...I think I looked at the stuff briefly and then stashed it away.

So, I have been going through the papers, etc....pretty interesting. My Dad was very well organized and so I have all their mortgage papers from every house they ever had, bills, car papers, etc. Discovered my Dad had taken a computer course back in 1988 at a local college and passed with a A...he would have been 62 then. Not sure how I never knew that!

The thing has given me the biggest chuckle though are copies of letters my Dad sent to various senators...Phill Gramm from Texas was one and local newspapers. My Dad was a staunch Republican and never one to mince words, so these letters are not PC at all by today standards...I wonder what they must have thought when they received them. Suffice to say, he was not a fan of the Clintons, LOL! I did enjoy reading them and I could hear my Dad's voice in my head as I was reading.

So it has been a fun couple of days going down memory lane...now I just need a place to store this stuff...hubby says I should just shred everything, but I can't do that...I am much too sentimental about family history.

Kim

Happy th_IndepDay8b.jpg

ABM_INVS1b.jpg
Graphic by ABeautifulMind, photo by Invisible926

Yesterday I added the "create your own fireworks" site to my Fourth of July blog. You can light up the sky over Lady Liberty with your mouse! :)

Have a great day, all! th_IndepDay9a.gif

Caro listen.gif

One more in honor of the day and the special memories from July 4, 2007:

ACA_Farouche1a.jpg
Graphic by AmazingCA, photos by Farouche