#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Just an addendum, I've sent the ringtone to others on AT&T and can also take requests.

I think ringtones / answertones are fun to play with because they don't cost very much, sometimes they're even free, and we can mix and match them like we're "redecorating" our phones. Some services allow you to assign different tones for different groups of people.

ETA: Answertones aren't free but they're cute because the people who call you can listen to them while waiting for you to pick up the phone. This is a transcript of the less suggestive one at AT&T called "Busy":

Hi there this is Clay Aiken.

I think they're a little busy at the moment but maybe they'll pick up. Hang on and I'll check.

I don't know if they can get to the phone. You'll just have to wait and see.

This is a transcript of the less suggestive one at AT&T called "Busy":

Whaaaaat?!

You mean to tell me there is a "suggestive" one?

Can you share? :lipstick:

It's not overly suggestive but it can be... I guess it all depends on the listener. It goes like this:

Hey, what's up? This is Clay Aiken. We're a little busy right now but hold on and we'll be right with ya.

ETA: Lol! I guess you could say that!

Thanks, Scarlett :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Could this be considered Clay being suggestive? -->

OT -

Since we have no new Clay pics to share, I just saw this new pic of Reed in front of the Marriot in Moscow posted at OC -

Cute!!

Ahh yes, I love suggestive .....

At certain times, apparently, it can be right in front of your face. 'Fess up, who checked this out in Houston and can testify?

ClayAndBoa5a.jpg

I was on the front row and somehow missed that. I remember his shoes, and his smiles, but completely missed the package. And here's a sweet side shot ....

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

He wears it so well. And I'm not talking about the jacket.

Hi SALLY! You said I should get my fanny in here, so here I am!

Gotta get my avvy and sig set up, make my "nest" and just enjoy. Six years chasing Clay Aiken ...

... ain't nearly long enough!!!

Say, y'all have a lotta cute banana emoties. :nana: :nanas::nanadance2::nanascary: and this is just priceless -- :loveclaysbutt:

I was in the front row too but I never looked for stuff like that...my eyes were glued to his face :whistling-1:

My DD got back from Rome yesterday and brought me a 2010 calendar entitled Hot Priests. Yep it pictures of rather sexy looking priests in their cassocks. I guess there was quite a controversy when it was published. After she bought 4 copies she went to St Peter's Square and ended up getting blessed by the Pope so she figured all her sins are now forgiven and she will have a charmed life. I told her that one, it didn't work like that and two, she should be ashamed of herself as she isn't even Catholic!

Regarding the Netbook she took. She really liked it and it worked really well but there was one problem....She was the only one with one and 30 kids all wanted to borrow it to surf the net! They all ended up taking turns! She said the wireless worked great (when she had the chance to use it) and although the screen is small it is fairly easy to read.

Oh yeah in case there is any doubt.....I LOVE CLAY AIKEN!!!

Welcome Cognitogrrl......I guess I should recognize you! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:(Sometimes I crack myself up)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh!!! Thank you so much claylove for the sendspace...I have a business cellphone which I'm not allowed to DL ringtones etc for and a personal crappy one that doesn't have the option...but I'm tha-RILLED to have that .mp3 claylove!

I may just get luckiest to remind me how to get a sound file as a startup message again, to change mine to this one :)

...and thanks much to claylove and scarlett both for the nice offer to help out anyone who can, with getting it to their phone. How awesome!!

....and thanks to merrieeee for the response re the netbook...sounds like they had fun with it!

ETA: oops!! I was so excited about the ringtone I forgot to say :hello: to cognitogrrl...I'm not Sally, but Hey anyway!

Since we have no new Clay pics to share, I just saw this new pic of Reed in front of the Marriot in Moscow posted at OC -

Cute!!

tree... WOW... that Reed has curly hair! I wonder if it is natural or helped to be that curly. I can just imagine someone running his fingers thru those soft curls...

I meant Reed...

yah, right! :cryingwlaughter:

cognitogrrl... :welcome22: Fresh meat... :whistling-1:

:needclay:

DavidFosterFriendsConcertqnmQa9_nI0.jpg

merrieeee... maybe you can enjoy this snowflake picture??? Hope'n so!!!

IMG_0085.jpg

Cute!!

tree... WOW... that Reed has curly hair! I wonder if it is natural or helped to be that curly. I can just imagine someone running his fingers thru those soft curls...

I meant Reed...

yah, right! :cryingwlaughter:

cognitogrrl... :welcome22:Fresh meat... :whistling-1:

:needclay:

DavidFosterFriendsConcertqnmQa9_nI0.jpg

merrieeee... maybe you can enjoy this snowflake picture??? Hope'n so!!!

IMG_0085.jpg

That's some yummy fresh meat! :hubbahubba:

:welcome1:cognitogirl

Do you need help building a nest? This is a great place to settle in.

We have a lot of baby birds around here, I mean at my house. This evening we had a baby cardinal and it's mom. The baby flew but had a lot of fuzz rather than feathers. The mama bird was putting seed in it's mouth. So cute. The picture I took came out a little dark.

soulsista, I'm with you on that. Just how much money does anyone need or want? I hope I don't offend any multimillionaires here.

I am truly offended!

A belated Happy Birthday, Fear! Hope you got lots of toys and goodies, and cake and ice cream!

Somehow, I think that Idol is slowly sinking, and paying gazillions to Simon Cowell isn't going to make or break it. The thing Idol has going for it is the shared experience factor. Hearing so much during the past few days about the shared experience phenomena that is now gone, wherein families sat down as a unit in front of the TV and watched The Beatles on Ed Sullivan or Michael Jackson on Motown25. I thought, nope, that isn't completely gone -- there's still American Idol. At least the year I watched Clay on Idol, my parents watched, I watched, my kids watched, my grandchildren watched, my sister and my friends watched -- we may not have been in the same room, but we talked about it on the phone and discussed it at work, and at family get togethers. Idol is the one lingering television experience that appeals to all ages in mass numbers, but the numbers are trending down. I don't recall having, or overhearing, even one conversation at the office about Idol during the entire 8th season. I know one girl who has always been crazy about Idol and a fan of Daughtry and David Cook -- I asked her just a couple of weeks ago if she had watched Idol this season and she said, "Yeah, but it sucked. Every season at least one of them appeals to me eventually, but not this year." My view is that Idol has plateaued. It will continue on, unless there is something that happens to turn people off enmasse, but Simon or no Simon, it's trending down.

I watched something on PBS recently about the early days of television, and Arthur Godfrey's show was profiled. He had the No. 1 show in the country for a few years and was riding high, until he chewed someone out on camera and fired him on live TV. The audience was incensed, flooded the network with telegrams and letters, and stopped watching. When the ratings plummeted, Godfrey made a big deal over rehiring the fellow and making up, but it was too late and the show was cancelled in a matter of weeks. It could happen to Idol ... smugness and ego are part of Simon's calling card, but they're the things that could just as easily bring him down in the twinkling of an eye. Personally, I think he has a shelf life. He's become as repetitive and predictable as everything else on the show.

I think watching Simon's downfall would be awesome actually :lol: His would probably just be for ratings though.

I still like the show just not as much as in the past. I like the contestants being the stars not the judges or the host.

Also we watch the show and they get us to care about the contestants and then the next season if they didn't sell a bajillion cds the show treats them like the are no good. I still care about them & want to see them do well. I really think there is room for a lot of different people & different music in the entertainment industry. Also not everyone is going to be Kelly/Carrie or Clay success. But to see people able to make a living doing something they love is what I like & I believe that makes them successful :)

I'm alive!

Caresses her modem passionately...

merrieeee, whaddaya mean it doesn't work like that? I did the exact same thing in Rome and figure I got a free pass from the Pope!

BTW, Peche Lambic is tasty.

I was in the front row too but I never looked for stuff like that...my eyes were glued to his face :whistling-1:

My DD got back from Rome yesterday and brought me a 2010 calendar entitled Hot Priests. Yep it pictures of rather sexy looking priests in their cassocks. I guess there was quite a controversy when it was published. After she bought 4 copies she went to St Peter's Square and ended up getting blessed by the Pope so she figured all her sins are now forgiven and she will have a charmed life. I told her that one, it didn't work like that and two, she should be ashamed of herself as she isn't even Catholic!

Regarding the Netbook she took. She really liked it and it worked really well but there was one problem....She was the only one with one and 30 kids all wanted to borrow it to surf the net! They all ended up taking turns! She said the wireless worked great (when she had the chance to use it) and although the screen is small it is fairly easy to read.

Oh yeah in case there is any doubt.....I LOVE CLAY AIKEN!!!

Welcome Cognitogrrl......I guess I should recognize you! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:(Sometimes I crack myself up)

I was in front row left side orch at spamalot and didn't see something one night. don't have a pic though. this was in jan

someone commented to me, how could you not see anything, he was just in front of you! Well I was not looking there, and he might have seen me looking there too.

Hi SALLY! You said I should get my fanny in here, so here I am!

Gotta get my avvy and sig set up, make my "nest" and just enjoy. Six years chasing Clay Aiken ...

... ain't nearly long enough!!!

Say, y'all have a lotta cute banana emoties. :nana: :nanas::nanadance2::nanascary: and this is just priceless -- :loveclaysbutt:

:thbighug-1: :thbighug-1: :thbighug-1:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BonBon

Just for you darlin' -

...and in honor of the curly Reed love -

Well I was not looking there, and he might have seen me looking there too.

And this would be a bad thing? :whistling-1:

Well, I might have been a bit embarrassed, lol!

Hi y'all, I had to run some errands but I'm back. I need to ask, is anybody going to get her panties in a wad if I use an avvy that has Parker in it? coz I did over at OFC and even tho' the baby's head was turned so you couldn't see his face, they all but strung me up. OYY!!

Here's the sig I've been using at RHT --

BON -- AI2 Memphis IT St.L, Chicago, KC

Night of Champions KC

Solo Tour - Nashvl, Knoxvl, KS State Fair

JNT's Atlanta, Louisville, Merrillvl; JBT Indy

Tour 07 Houston, Tulsa, Cary JNT 07 St.L

Spamalot 3/28 & 3/29/08

I don't mind cuz I think Parker is adorable. It actually bothers me more when someone has an avi with some other singer on it, especially someone else from AI, but that's just my hang-up. Just think it is kind of disrespectful.

Sally, you adorable smutter you !! Yes, um, I recall the first time I saw Clay and Angela do that fantastically sexy WDC dancing. Made me think of "And now a word from our sponsor, Stayfree Mini Pads!!" :tasty::DoClay: