#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

I went with luckiest1 and luckiestdaughter today - and what a great experience. I even managed to get hit on by a parade-er. Sadly, it was a considerably older errr... gentleman in a leather thong. Heh, maybe it was my Clay t-shirt that he was after. Hee!! It was so much fun though, and an all around great feeling to see the kind of community spirit on display. With only one exception (a lone guy with a sandwich board with an absurdly hateful message on it) it was a terrific day. I heard on the news just now that they estimate a million people there.

Holy shit, a million? That's awesome. So glad you came with us, it was a great day.

th_IMG_1743.jpg

Everyone waits for the parade to start and the rain to end

th_IMG_1745.jpg

Cool socks!

th_IMG_1762.jpg

I thought this picture had great composition - just one of the thousands of parade participants

I wish I could have made it to the SF parade - unfortunately I want to eat. Hope you had a blast wandacleo!

Was SF's parade yesterday as well? I bet they have a great one.

So, it's Monday, back to work again. But we Canadians have the bonus of the Canada Day holiday on Wednesday to break up the week this time. YAY!

Edited to add pictures!

:GM_FCA:

110 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

<snip>

And let me take this opportunity to say that I've been listening to a lot of different music lately, new music and stuff that has meant a lot to me for years, and then after about a week to ten days of this, I punched in OMWH on the changer in the car and was just blown away all over again. Clay made the comment last year before OMWH came out that he wasn't looking for songs to get played on the radio, but for songs that were right for him to sing. And while we all know that his music should be on the radio and is superior to what is played on the radio, I do get his attitude much better now. There are pop albums that came out a couple of years back that are dead, never to be interesting again except as nostalgia, if that. Dance-pop and hip-hop hits may have sold millions when they were hot, but the shelf life is short. OMWH is timeless. I believe that years from now when people go back to search out Clay's early music, they'll be blown away by OMWH. Everything about that album gets better with time. In so many ways, it wasn't a missed opportunity, or a fall through the cracks album, or anything but a true masterpiece that can be discovered and rediscovered for years and years. It is a class collection of songs with superb singing, rich emotions in his voice, first-class arrangements and sophisticated musicianship. Can you tell I love it?

I love this keepingfaith. My favorite song this month is SAU. Wow!. Clay could do a great jazz album. This is a swoon worthy song.

Hope you all have a great day. Hopefully I will finish painting the green room today.

Happy Monday, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a super start to the final week of June! [Hint, hint cindilu2!] :)

So glad you enjoyed the parade -- Luckiest1, cindilu2, and crimsonice! Thnx for the reports and pix, too. confetti2-1.gif

And let me take this opportunity to say that I've been listening to a lot of different music lately, new music and stuff that has meant a lot to me for years, and then after about a week to ten days of this, I punched in OMWH on the changer in the car and was just blown away all over again. Clay made the comment last year before OMWH came out that he wasn't looking for songs to get played on the radio, but for songs that were right for him to sing. And while we all know that his music should be on the radio and is superior to what is played on the radio, I do get his attitude much better now. There are pop albums that came out a couple of years back that are dead, never to be interesting again except as nostalgia, if that. Dance-pop and hip-hop hits may have sold millions when they were hot, but the shelf life is short. OMWH is timeless. I believe that years from now when people go back to search out Clay's early music, they'll be blown away by OMWH. Everything about that album gets better with time. In so many ways, it wasn't a missed opportunity, or a fall through the cracks album, or anything but a true masterpiece that can be discovered and rediscovered for years and years. It is a class collection of songs with superb singing, rich emotions in his voice, first-class arrangements and sophisticated musicianship. Can you tell I love it?

WORD to your post, keepingfaith! :clap:

A link to Regina Brett's "Life Lessons" column inspired the latest Carolina On My Mind entry. CA fans will recognize several that personify the singer, two of which are "Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger" and "The best is yet to come."

Thnx for your visits and comments. This is a clickable of the opening graphic by AmazingCA:

th_ACA_toni13.jpg

Clickable by AmazingCA

Have an awesome week, all! :yahoo:

Caro listen.gif

I watched some of the BET Awards last night. I was in and out but every single time I walked in and paid attention I saw Jamie Foxx. I know he was the host, but was it supposed to be a 3-hour commercial for him, his records, his stand-up, his movies -- because that's what it seemed like to me. And while I've always enjoyed him as a comedian and actor, the dude cannot sing, and his ego seems to have gotten the better of him. He must have had four or five songs last night, not to mention the failed moonwalk attempt. Without the autotune or whatever he uses, he's not a singer; heck, with it he's not a singer either, he's a computer-voice dude.

Personally, I find it disgusting for anyone to try to grab attention for themselves by figuratively bouncing off the corpse of Michael Jackson. I understand that many feel inspired by Michael Jackson, yet it was strange to hear Usher interviewed on CNN saying that he is the "humanitarian, philanthropist and artist" he is because of Michael. Do people not know how they sound by giving Michael the credit for contributing to their own fabulousness and wonderfulness? It wasn't just Usher either, I heard it over and over during the weekend.

Joe Jackson was just something horrible on the red carpet -- with his lawyer, and that other dude he was trying to promote. It was grotesquery. There's no way that man should have anything to do with Michael's children. I hope someone steps in to stop that.

I believe Michael would have been happy to see the outpouring of love from his fans, but it's the insiders and celebrities who are making this a circus -- the ones who are intent on getting their faces on camera. I'm keeping a mental list of the perps and right now Corey Feldman is in the #1 Worst Person spot. Actually, I have had my fill of the rush to cash-in by the cable stations. I did enjoy listening to 102FM while I was out and about this weekend. They played all Michael Jackson, and not just Beat It, Billie Jean and Thriller, but the catalog -- and it was a treat. That's the way Michael should be remembered, IMO.

kf, I totally agree with your last post.

May I add IMO OMWH is a technically and artistically wonderful CD and that it would be a CRIME not to hear those songs live in concert!!

I go away from time to time to listen to other music as well but every.single.time I return to that CD I get chills at just how truly good it is and Clay sounds great singing those songs. I think they are the soundtrack to his life and I am so happy for him that he had the chance to make that CD. But I am so sad that it did not get the reception or support I thought it deserved.

I love that man and his BIG talent :tasty:

He's answering questions again too!

He had input of songs for VBOCA, but didn't come up with the idea.

He's convinced that Kelly spent time memorizing words with "q" in them so she could whip his butt at Scrabble!

Not a jelly person, but an apple butter person for his peanut butter and ____ sandwich.

I can't paraphrase the gorilla question! Unfortunately, you'll have to see it yourself...it's silly!

He doesn't have a constant travel companion to help him keep track of stuff, and he still loses his passport (not as much anymore). Uses the same travel agent for his trips.

He can adopt in NC, but doesn't plan to.

So far, so good...

More:

Someone asked a question about last week's episode of "The Closer," which spoiled the episode for him. :-(

There was a sign on Clay's Spamalot dressing room door, "Chien Gentil"; David Hyde Pierce put it there and Clay left it.

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!! Can someone tell me what post# Answer Boy started at today?

And can I state for the record that I despise Jamie Foxx and everything he does? I will actively avoid a movie just because he's in it - the sole exception being Dreamgirls (and I do tend to squint through his scenes). It suprises me not at all that he would make Michael's tribute all. about. Jamie. Blech.

kf... nicely said! OMWH is sooo gooood!!!

Guess what I want?

Swingline

merrieeee... I want one of those!!! Kewl! Staples, here I come! :cryingwlaughter:

Joe Jackson was just something horrible on the red carpet -- with his lawyer, and that other dude he was trying to promote. It was grotesquery. There's no way that man should have anything to do with Michael's children. I hope someone steps in to stop that.

kf... From what I have heard, Joe Jackson was a monster of a father. It boggles my mind that MJ did not make a will for the care of his children. His mother taking them is not going to keep Joe from them. (I read she had petitioned for custody.)

Fear... :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

OMWH is timeless. I believe that years from now when people go back to search out Clay's early music, they'll be blown away by OMWH. Everything about that album gets better with time. In so many ways, it wasn't a missed opportunity, or a fall through the cracks album, or anything but a true masterpiece that can be discovered and rediscovered for years and years. It is a class collection of songs with superb singing, rich emotions in his voice, first-class arrangements and sophisticated musicianship. Can you tell I love it?

:preachit:

Fear, :bdayparty2:

Ahh, he's alive!!! But what in the world is apple butter? Never had that. Peanut butter + apple butter = a lot of damn butter!

BTW, Clique did fix the double posting to my account and they got it done right away and not in two weeks as they first said; and, I received my fulfillment goodies on Saturday, which I didn't expect to receive for weeks, or months. I was impressed!

I just love quickies in the afternoon; especially when they are from Clay!

Apple butter is yummy...I actually have a recipe for it...makes a lot though!

And Cindilu, I agree with you about Jamie Foxx...totally inappropriate in my opinion, unfortunately, I think we are going to see more and more people trying to benefit from Michael's death.

The mayor of Gary, Indiana was on our local news saying he wants to make Michael's childhood home into another Graceland and he hopes Michael is buried there...thinking about all the tourist money it will bring to the city. I know it is an impoverished city, but it just came across as pretty crass to me, especially since they haven't even had Michael's funeral.

Kim

Eeeeeeehhhhhhh!!! He lives!!! :dancingpickle: :dancingpickle:

Thanks! To answer my own question, my ringtone is the one he sent all the fans last year, "I'm sure you all recognize this voice...you must pick up this phone right now." while my new answertone is the "we're busy...hold on" one I fussed about last night.

(my bolding)....Huh??....maybe it's just special fans he sent it to? When did that happen and anyone know if a person :whistling-1: can still get it?

Great pics luckiest1!! Wish I could have joined you all....

Fear, Happy Birthday!

post-1461-1246317791_thumb.png

Is it true?!!! Yay!!!

And thanks for the answer post marker... :BlowKiss:

FromClaygary, there was some place where we had to send our cellphones last year. One of the first things we got was a ringtone download though I think a lot of people had some problem or other with saving it because you had to pick it up the first time you opened the message.