#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

hi everyone....after so many months, I finally decide it is time to check in :P It has been crazy in real life for the past few months and thanks for providing me with all the laughs and beautiful pictures during my "study break".

I am really excited/nervous about next Tuesday. So far I have booked two hotel rooms and a flight back from Raleigh. If I get the ticket next Tuesday, then I will go ahead and book the "to Raliegh" ticket. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

smartcookie, good luck to you and to all those trying for tickets. So is it Tuesday?

Yes.

:panic: :bitenails: :bitefingers: :bitetoenails:

So, Clay was on at OFC? I didn't see him on when I went to look. Mind you...that's nothing new, lol.

I forgot 2 things in my earlier post. I'm sorry to post ho...

:Iluvclaysbutt:

and

:elephanthugs: , FCA.

Scarlett,

I was going to ask if that sign actually says something...but in quoting it, I see that it's called : Iluvclaysbutt:, so..... is that what it really says, lol?

I'm not Scarlett, but yes. Or something close.

So, are you guys trying to set a record for how many times you can repost Cindilu's pictures? :hysterical:

Kim

No. Why do you ask?

This page could use Clay's tongue and Clay smiling and Clay tipping his feet ever so cutely, so...
I like both pictures, but I voted for #1 because I've never seen it before, and I'm a pushover for a vulnerable look on a man's face.

keepingfaith, I dragged this quote over from the contest thread, just for a good excuse to post some of the other photos from that same time. They are among my all-time favs!

Claytongue.jpg

Claytongue.jpg

(I'm sure a certain beverage container stopper will appreciate this one as well)

Thudclay.jpg

Well dang, there's one more, but it seems to have escaped my photobucket. :huh: I'll be back...

Okay more than one more.

Clay2067.jpg

Sleepy boy!

ClayFeet.jpgClayFeetWashington.jpg

And these are the ones I was really looking for. How adorable is he?

Very. :wub:

:imgtongue:

I really don't know what you mean. Record??? :cryingwlaughter: I remember when I first saw those pictures. I was like, damn! Hawt!

hi everyone....after so many months, I finally decide it is time to check in :P It has been crazy in real life for the past few months and thanks for providing me with all the laughs and beautiful pictures during my "study break".

I am really excited/nervous about next Tuesday. So far I have booked two hotel rooms and a flight back from Raleigh. If I get the ticket next Tuesday, then I will go ahead and book the "to Raliegh" ticket. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Glad to see you posting! Love your moniker!

I forgot 2 things in my earlier post. I'm sorry to post ho...

:Iluvclaysbutt:

and

:elephanthugs: , FCA.

Scarlett,

I was going to ask if that sign actually says something...but in quoting it, I see that it's called : Iluvclaysbutt:, so..... is that what it really says, lol?

canfly, that's what we intended but the Mandarin word we used implies something more ardent. It's more like "completely adore" instead of "luv".

Good Morning Everyone,

Nice that Clay was online last night....myself...I must really be getting old, the last two nights I have been in bed at 9:00!

69 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wow, I see lots of people here online this morning. On a Sunday morning. Must be waiting for the new photo poll. Hee!

Here's the winner from yesterday:

SNLLeanback.jpg

Here is the poll for today. I've pinned it, since we've gotten lots more activity in the games thread in general. *waves at canfly*

Thanks, ldyj, for all your hard work on the Photo contest. It's cruel and mean and oh-so-Sophie's-Choice, but I am loving every minute of it! :bighug:

keepingfaith's comment yesterday about never having seen those photos from the early days got me wondering if there might be others that late-comers may have missed out on. Not the 'official' photo shoots so much, but random moments from back then. I looked back through my photobucket and found a couple that made me smile, so I thought I'd share. *humble apologies* if any of these turn up later in the contest. I skipped over the ones that I thought might be there. I mean no disrespect!

Taken by a fan in a parking lot (IIRC). Heee, 'seven' is a goooooood number!

seven.jpg

This one just makes me melt. NYC post-anomaly

umbrella.jpg

Can't remember where this one came from. Maybe a cap from the AI2 Tour Special?

AIlipbite.jpg

I hope this isn't a contest one (but I'm betting there'll be at least one like it) Sowwy!

I think the name says it all. He was so beautiful.

isitwrongtothud.jpg

Heh. Heheheh. HAHAHAHA! I wonder if this one made the... cut?

wssittinggulp.jpg

Again - sometimes the photo name is enough

nice_can.jpg

One more.. a screen cap from the Jaded Journalist interviews. If there is anybody who doesn't know what they are - FIND them!

WhatsupBuddy1.jpg

So, which is the symbol for "butt", lol? :cryingwlaughter:

Totally, offtopic but... what happened to Muski? I miss the smut queen! :sleezy:

canfly, it's the last two characters on the right.

cindilu, thanks for bringing more of them!!! :thankyou:

*checks the time... I won't get a ticket today! ... but runs anyway!* :BlowKiss:

If I do not get a chance I wish everyone who will be trying for tickets on Tuesday a special thought that you all succeed. I can't go but will just love all your recaps.

It is going to be 90 today, so we got out on our bikes this morning and did 40 miles before it became unbearable. Now I think I will sit in the air conditioning all day. We had 4 inches of rain yesterday, the thunder at night made it impossible to sleep.

keepingfaith's comment yesterday about never having seen those photos from the early days got me wondering if there might be others that late-comers may have missed out on. Not the 'official' photo shoots so much, but random moments from back then. I looked back through my photobucket and found a couple that made me smile, so I thought I'd share. *humble apologies* if any of these turn up later in the contest. I skipped over the ones that I thought might be there. I mean no disrespect!

Taken by a fan in a parking lot (IIRC). Heee, 'seven' is a goooooood number!

seven.jpg

And if you need a primer on why that particular picture had a certain significant role in the early days of the fandom, go here. :whistling-1:

And if you need a primer on why that particular picture had a certain significant role in the early days of the fandom, go here
Ah yes, the true "measure" of a man! :whistling-1:

I can't believe our baby is already a year old.

I wonder if he says "Dada?'"

Or "Monkey?"

:hysterical:

Thanks, cindilu, for the pics. There were at least two I had not seen before :flirtysmile3:

I must be the only one in the fandom that feel this way; but I never could get into the Jaded Journalist interviews...just didn't get the funny. I remember everyone talking about how fun they were and I was so disappointed when I finally saw them.

Kim

I must be the only one in the fandom that feel this way; but I never could get into the Jaded Journalist interviews...just didn't get the funny. I remember everyone talking about how fun they were and I was so disappointed when I finally saw them.

Kim

For me, it wasn't about the funny (although there are a few moments that are LOL funny). It was about seeing Clay as himself, off stage - snarky and witty and taking-no-bullshit from JJ. It seemed to me that JJ thought Clay would wither or get flustered by his sarcastic, ambush style interviews, and he (and we) all got a surprise. I loved them!

aikim, I honestly don't remember those Jaded Journalist interviews. I guess I'm going to have to search them out and decide for myself. I do remember reading about it and that some found them funny, and others not so much.

Scarlett, thanks for the explanation about :Iluvclaysbutt: I missed it somewhere along the way, but glad I know now!

idyj, I'm really loving the photo contest. It's fun to see some of those old photos of Clay that I've forgotten about. When I see the progression of the older photos to the new, it's clear that Clay is maturing fabulously! He looked so, so young back in the day and now he's certainly grown into a fine, handsome man.

Hope little Parker had a wonderful day yesterday! I'm sure his daddy spoiled him rotten!

To all those trying to purchase Gala tickets on Tuesday...the force be with you! It's gonna be a bloodbath for sure. I can't attend this year, but I'll send good Karma to all who are trying for tix!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

I had the pleasure of seeing Bonnie Raitt with Taj Mahal last night. Even though Clay and she are from different genres, there are some parallels for me. Here is a review I wrote on CV.

Last night I was at the Mann in Philly to see Bonnie Raitt and Taj Mahal. I would not say they are co-headlining in the way Clay and Kelly did, but after Taj opened up for Bonnie there were several portions of the show when they sang songs together. I am a huge Bonnie fan, in fact, until Clay came along, there was not a musician about whom I cared so much about. I have been following her since I was a sophomore in college in the late 60s and have followed her career trajectory closely. I cared about her success, in ways I had not about other musicians until Clay come along. I felt that she was under-appreciated for years and I saw others like Rickie Lee Jones, for example, who seemed to get more attention (if only temporarily). Attention I felt Bonnie deserved (themes familiar to my appreciation of Clay). Finally in 1989, Bonnie got the attention she deserved with Nick of Time and she dominated the grammies that year. I was so proud, you would think I was a family member. I immediately wrote her a fan letter which still stands as the only fan letter I ever wrote to an individual. I just looked up Nick of Time and found a review of the album

Nick of Time is the watershed moment in Bonnie Raitt's recording career, the sound of a survivor finding new focus and purpose in her art after nearly 20 years of generally superb, commercially underachieving recordings. An exquisite interpretive singer and formidable guitarist who'd long ago honed her bluesy chops, Raitt raised the stakes by mixing the usual gourmet spread of smart cover choices with her own candid songs--

The parts I bolded remind me of Clay, and "commercially underachieving" would certainly apply to OMWH IMO. In reading this, I think that one of the reasons Bonnie finally got recognition is that she had contributed more of her own maconcertterial.to the Nick of Time album -perhaps she seemed more legitimate to the music world because of it. But it seems, like Clay, Bonnie enjoys discovering and performing other's music. Throughout last night's concert, she credited the song writers whose songs she was singing. She also thanked and introduced the crew- really other than clay, I don't see this at concerts and I attend alot.

For those thirsting for some great live music, I heartily recommend Bonnie and Taj . This one was more blues, and alot in the funky vein. more like what she was doing in the late 60s. She was in terrific voice and looks amazing. Her rendition "Angel from Montgomery" was beyond superb. She sang it stripped down and solo. I so wish there was someone taping it. That version needs to be preserved.

One of my fantasies is for Bonnie and Clay to sing together, sometime, somewhere. Although they are from different genres, I see similarities in them as they both seem to prefer covering others' songs to writing them, are amazing interpretive artists, and have experienced underappreciation as artists.

I had the pleasure attending the concert with the lovely vjm, a Bonnie in concert virgin! We both agreed that Clay could have sung alot of the songs she performed, he could pull it off. I think he could have fun with Something To Talk About.

I loved listening (over and over) to the Speakaboos w/Clay!! He sounds so professional in his speaking manor now. :needclay:

And since it's quiet I'm posting a music video I LOVE!! I was reminded of it while I was playing the "Connect the songs" game here. If anyone else is a huge fan of the film "That Thing You Do" like me then you'll enjoy this! FUN

That Thing You Do - The Wonders

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/--2149151