#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Happy day after. Do we need to take attendance to make sure everyone is okay? They tried to kill me at the gym by making us bend way over the handlebars in Spin class and go faster, faster, so that our knees kept hitting our turkey and stuffing laden stomaches.

Despite it being Thanksgiving our house painters worked for 6 hours and in addition raked up our leaves as well as blowing them off the roofs and decks of our house. They are doing a fantastic job: taking off the light fixtures, house numbers and anything else attached to the house before they paint. They also caulked and are replacing any damaged wood.

GROOOOOAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOBWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN

(Burp)

BWAH I know the feeling. Yesterday I didn't get on the internet all day. I was too busy cooking, eating, hosting, drinking, falling asleep. I think that was a first in a very long time.

Hope everyone has a good day after -- and some leftovers heee.

For everybody -- TGIF!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I wonder if Durham got to tussle with a turkey bone this year?

I wonder who won...

Aww, that'd be so cute to see/imagine... a nice thought on which to end the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks! :thankyou:

Belated Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Hope those who tried, found some good bargains today. I think I may have a few items to donate to the next NIP auction!!!

"taps fingers on desk"...I'm home from work but hubby decided he needed to eat before we head out...so waiting. Raining here...hoping we won't run into two much traffic...heading to Urbana, Illinois to spend the Holiday with my in-laws.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Turkey day...don't eat too much!

Kim

aikim.... O.M.G.... I went to college and got married in Urbana. Small world!!! Hope you had a great time. I grew in the Pontiac IL area. LOL

My son and his wife stopped over this am for a light breakfast because they are going to her parents for dinner. My other son then came over for a short period of time to see them. His wife was busy cooking because that is where we are going for dinner. He wanted to see his brother because in December his family will be moving to Florida. This is going to be hard for me because they have my only grand child. One good thing is they will be withing one hour of my other son. I now we will survive this move but it is going to be hard.

Better get going and make my dishes I have to bring to dinner. Everyone have a great Turkey Day.

gbm... I'm sorry your grandson is moving so far away. If they have a decent computer, get a pc camera and skype. You can talk to each other online and you can even read him a book and he'll be able to see it. My Logitech camera only cost me $30 and skype is free.

GROOOOOAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN

(Burp)

wanda... BWAHHH!!! Sounds like the food was delish!

At my son's firestation, the captain cooked the turkey in a bag and it was so moist and delishious that I can't wait to try it myself. There were three calls while I was there, but we had all finished eating, so at least they got their dinner in peace. Then they went on the first call... came back and had dessert. Went on the second call... came back and had dessert. Do you see a pattern?? LOL

Caro... I sure enjoyed watching All Is Well and the AI5 appearance in video on your blog this morning. Thanks. I remember listening to AIW over and over and over... for some reason it really brings peace to my soul. Now I can start playing it again. Wheee!

03.gif

New!

Clay Aiken - Christmas is a Comin'! Get in the mood - montages Christmas Waltz by Clay

& a fun Christmas one, audio by Bing Crosby.

CW credits: Concert audio thanks to Gerwhisp

Photos: Gerwhisp,Toni7babe, JTgranny, Fivegoldens, ShineinNC

Also a new puzzle maze from Bsrefong in honour of Clay's Birthday, new graphics.

Ashes Clay-The MAN-Christmas is a Comin' & Birthday Wishes

Thank you everyone for your visits and comments at Clay the Man!!

07.gif

Caro... I sure enjoyed watching All Is Well and the AI5 appearance in video on your blog this morning. Thanks. I remember listening to AIW over and over and over... for some reason it really brings peace to my soul. Now I can start playing it again. Wheee!

Glad you enjoyed it, liney. Me, too. I just hit "play" again. :lol:

Caro :listen:

:GM_FCA:

Liney

My in-laws are from central Illinois; FIL grew up in Peoria, MIL a little town called Ivesdale. But they moved up to the Chicago area after they married...hubby grew up in Dolton, Illinois. His sister went to U of I and never left, married and stayed down there. His parents moved back there about 10 years ago...they love being near family. I don't think my MIL was ever happy living up here. It is about a 2 hour drive from where I live.

2 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

64 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

And I know where liney was born and raised, she's about a half hour from me (I live just east of Peoria). It's a small, small world.

BIL is getting ready to leave this morning, so I pretty much have a weekend to myself. Unfortunately, hubby has had a cold almost the entire weekend, and I'll probably be nursing him back to health. I was hoping to do some shopping today though -- not to mention it's going to be a nice day outside, and it would be good to get the Christmas lights up.

I hope everyone has a great day today!

Gosh, when I lived in Bloomington, a BIG Saturday was driving over to Peoria, because they had a MALL!!!!! My faulty old memory says we could drive at 75 mph on the interstates back then, so Peoria was just a little bitty trip, plus we would stop at a restaurant that basically served steak, baked potatoes, and all the beer or Sangria you could drink. Driving up north to Old Town didn't take long either, on Route 66, can you tell there was nothing much to do in Bloomington?

I will now always get the biggest turkey I can find (at .69 a pound, anyway!) instead of paying dearly for just the breast - my grandson ate the legs down to the bones, and that 23 pound turkey yielded an amazing amount of breast meat.

I am stuck on playing O Holy Night right now, I just keep thinking just one more time would be good. Think I will get fixated on All is Well pretty soon, tho.

Now that Thanksgiving is past us, I'm starting to think about Christmas. We will probably go easier on the presents since we spent last Christmas alone and our youngest son, who lives a few miles away, didn't come by until a few days afterwards to pick up their gifts on his way to work. I was a little ticked last year and even kept some of the presents I bought for DIL. I can be such a bwitch. :whistling-1: We do send gifts to our older son on the other coast, so I'm thinking gift certificates.

I'll probably put up our silver tree today and get the penquins down from the attic. Needless to say I love a gawdy Christmas.

I do wish there was a Clay CHristmas concert this year. I did see an ad for a David Foster and Andrea Bocceli Christmas show on PBS. In the ad they said that everyone will be there, but only mentioned Mary Jane Blige. Dare we hope for Clay? I did stop at McDonalds this morning, in honor of Clay to pick up a biscuit on my way home from the gym. It was good!

Have a great day FCAers.

Went Christmas shopping this morning...I only have a couple more things to get and I am done! Spent the last few hours just cleaning and re-organizing things...put a few Christmas things out...with the living room renovation going on it is going to be a challenge. Had brought in all my outside plants so I neatened them up...cut off the dead foliage and now they are sitting in the window until next spring. I love having plants in the house, makes the winter more bearable to see green and my geraniums bloom all winter so I have color on the most dreary days.

Only 1:30 and I am already pooped!

Kim

Went Christmas shopping this morning...I only have a couple more things to get and I am done! Spent the last few hours just cleaning and re-organizing things...put a few Christmas things out...with the living room renovation going on it is going to be a challenge. Had brought in all my outside plants so I neatened them up...cut off the dead foliage and now they are sitting in the window until next spring. I love having plants in the house, makes the winter more bearable to see green and my geraniums bloom all winter so I have color on the most dreary days.

Only 1:30 and I am already pooped!

Kim

aikim... see bolded above for reason I hate you... LOL I haven't even started and I'm going on vacation from the 3rd to the 10th. I'm thinking of telling my kids to buy what they want for themselves and the kids (within a certain $ amount) and then I'll give them a check when I get back. Could work... maybe! What the hey... I'll try it.

Next on my "getting ready for my trip" agenda is to get out my ipod and make sure it has all Clay's Christmas musis and several of my faves of his JNT concert performances. Such a tough job!!!

Argh, all this Christmas talk...it's only November! :cryingwlaughter: I don't get in the Christmas spirit until it's at least December 1st and there is snow on the ground. Then as soon as the 25th hits I want all the snow to melt and spring to come. :P So far we are still green here, which is pretty amazing for this time of year. There was a light snow fall way back in October, but I missed it (yeah!) because I was in Raleigh. :)

Today I am hanging out in Toronto....luckiestdaughter requested my presence even though she has to work 10 - 6 today. She is tied to school and a weekend job right now so doesn't get a chance to come home anymore. I took my mom down to the St. Lawrence market this morning, which was a lot of fun. She hadn't been there in years and was amazed at what they had to offer. I bought myself a few things to take home, and am going to make some dinner here in a few minutes. Kind of a mix of ethnic cuisines, I am making tandoori chicken and a stir fry. Then maybe tonight we'll go catch a movie. Hope everyone is having a great weekend (including Clay!)

Wrapped the presents I bought today and the gifts for my sisters and brother...my great-aunt had given me some family pictures before she passed away and I had put them away. Found them when I was looking for something else and decided to make copies for my sisters and brother for Christmas. They are of my great-grandparents. Worked out well...the pictures of Gram are of her working in the kitchen and the picture of Grandpa is framed with a copy of his sales receipt..he was a carpenter and this has his name and address on it and his trade...so pictures of both of them in their elements. I was quite pleased with how they all turned out.

Kim

Not quite OT:

Sorry about the rushed OT post the other day. It was 6:06 am on my hotel room clock (yes, I was still logged on to FCA and hadn't begun packing) and I had an 8:10 am international flight to catch at an airport on a different island, 2 causeways and 4 tollbooths away. But things turned out ok. A desperate plea and small pout at the cabdriver took me to the gate with minutes to spare and I was able to spot this nice deal of 50% off on manutd Tshirts.

4141202097_a59c5ec8fd.jpg

Of course, being a typical member of the fandom I quickly spotted an opportunity and kept the wrapper to use as gift wrapping for a present for toni7babe (I skipped over the eHP since I didn't think they were into wrappers, but let me know if I'm wrong). And again, displaying typical eHP shyness I used the trademark helpless&cute move to snag 3 more bags from the store for free. These will go to the first 3 people who post a request here.

Also, I'm headed to the same airport in a couple of hours. If I'm not just somewhat early but truly early this time, I can still pass by the same store at the arrival area (!) and purchase more items if we have more than 3 more takers after toni. Anyone after #4 on the list, though, needs to signify their willingness to buy a small item (eg. a $4 manga comicbook) for the privilege. This particular store doesn't put candies in bags so you need a somewhat bigger item.

So, any takers?

1. (large t-shirt sized wrapper) - toni7babe

2. (large t-shirt sized wrapper)

3. (somewhat smaller manga wrapper)

4. (somewhat smaller manga wrapper)

Too bad I changed my flight to leave earlier. I was supposed to fly out on Monday and you would have had a nice receipt stamped Nov. 30 to go along with the wrapper. Oh well.

Scarlett, I think you're required get a picture taken of yourself in this pose next time you pass a Relay outlet. :P

Oh, I wasn't aware of the customary process.

So... what should I wear?!! *the choices, the choices...*

Oh well, and since no one's asking for any other purchases I guess I won't be swinging by there in ... *muffles a scream* 1.5 hours... Yikes!