#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Whatchewdo in the helicopter again? Can I come?
I just ride and set up a system for people to keep track of flights, reservations & accomodations. Sort of like kayak.com except that it also keeps track of where people are for emergency evacuations & such.

I'd much rather come with you -- maybe sometime in the summer? I think I can arrange for fuel. *hopeful look*

I'm all thumbs and I am so going to be beside myself if I accidentally erase anything.

Just kidding!!!

No, that's not my camcorder. It's a different line. :(

Congratulations, merrieeee!

So, I was listening to MCWL on my iPod today and I realized something... I don't have Merry Christmas, With Love as an actual CD! :o My brother procured (don't ask me how) a copy of it either when it first came out or shortly afterwords and we never listened to it (which is why I didn't become a Clay fan until OMWH) and then I dug the burned copy out again after I had become a 'mate and added it to my iTunes. Which means I don't actually have the CD! I'm a bad fan! I have a hole in my collection! I'm going to buy a copy off of Amazon.com, I think.

*This ramble brought to you by Clayzy, who is wishing all a very nice evening.

i just have to pop in and say it was a pretty momentus day for me today! After 40 years I finally became an American Citizen! Whee!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!111 :04: :04: :04: :04:

Couchie, that's great news! :snoopy:

Congratulations Merrieeee!

It must be a great thrill after so long. Now don't forget to register in the correct district so you too can call our politicians names ( and some of them absolutely deserve it- like a certain bunch in Wake County NC). :twinklewhore: Twinklewhore is a good place to start as is the name of this emoticon.

Hey Lotus, loved your Canadian Health Care rant. LOL. I have no qualms with it, either. I think my son's growth hormone medications at this point would be upwards of $40,000.00, not a cent of which has had to come out of my pocket. He's grown 7 inches in almost 2 years! My mom had two cancer surgeries scheduled lickity-quick in order to catch things before they progressed, and she's still going strong (and so far cancer free). :)

couchie, I'm glad you managed to get a health plan. The only things here that we have to worry about are prescription drugs, vision care, stuff like that, and dental care. I am lucky that my company offers a great health and dental benefit plan to all employees. For years and years, when my kids were little, I had no benefits and had to pay that stuff out of pocket, which was not fun at all, especially with a child who needed long-term antibiotics and other medications, not to mention all the dentist visits. {{{FromClaygary}}} hope you can get some benefits soon.

Congratulations, merrieeee! :04:

Hey, you might catch me on your TVs this weekend. I'll be at the Skate Canada International figure skating competition starting tomorrow....and I'm in the front row. :snoopy: It's on CBC in Canada and I believe Universal Sports and NBC in the US.

I don't think I've commented yet on the Ben Cohn reference to Clay's new CD. Wheeeeeeeee, I love that he's doing it HIS way this time (by the sound of things)! :clap: Can't wait until we get more info and hopefully a release date SOON!!

:GM_FCA:

11 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

73 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

i just have to pop in and say it was a pretty momentus day for me today! After 40 years I finally became an American Citizen! Whee!

merrieeee.... Whee! indeed!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! :04: :04: :04:

I'm excited for you. Are you going to party this July 4th or what!!!

luckiest... have fun and wave at the camera! :cryingwlaughter:

Just a reminder:

BTW........has everyone voted on Chase Community Giving?

Simple to do....

1. "Become a Fan" up at the top of the page

2. Click on "Go to application" at the top right...."allow" the application to access your information.

3. Search and vote for the Bubel Aiken Foundation (not the National Inclusion Project, in this case)

You get ONE vote only per charity during this voting period prior to Dec. 11th. PLEASE do not dilute your vote for BAF by voting your other 19 votes (you are given 20 to start).

No dollars to spend....just your voting fingers...what are you waiting for?

Thanks for the reminder & for listing it, step by step, Claygary! :clap:

Also please don't forget.....

Let's ALL Deck the Halls for Inclusion!

October 16 to November 23, 2009

Support the National Inclusion Project's mission of inclusion for children of ALL abilities while decorating homes and offices with beautiful, handmade Rockdale wreaths and other natural items this holiday season! Wreaths also make wonderful gifts for family and friends.

The National Inclusion Project will receive $9 per item for individual orders and $13 per item for bulk orders (8 wreaths shipped to a single address). Bulk orders also save the purchaser $5 per wreath on purchase price.

Purchases must be made from the Project's exclusive Rockdale store in order for the National Inclusion Project to receive funds: http://inclusion.rockdalewreaths.com

Buyer may designate any participating Beta Alpha chapter to receive credit for purchases by including the chapter name in the comment space provided on the order page.

Deadline for online orders is Monday, November 23, 2009. Prices include shipping & handling and the buyer may also select a preferred shipping date.

Please help by purchasing a wreath-or two-or even ten- this holiday season. Share the gift of inclusion. Inclusion works, and it is a gift worth giving.

NB For our Canadian participants in Deck the Halls for Inclusion: we have a separate store set up at Rockdale, in order to facilitate the different shipping.

The link is: http://www.rockdalewreaths.com/shopdisplay...amp;cat=Wreaths

I'm going out on a bit of a limb posting the above link.....sometimes it will work, and sometimes not, depending on your browser. If you do not see the National Inclusion Project come up in the .gif header, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS LINK.....PM me and I will provide it.

This applies to the Canadian link only

Sorry for all the confusion with our shipping! It was more than Rockdale thought to work it out, but they have been most helpful.

NIP_WebBanner_large.jpg

And thanks again! :clap:

Congratulations, merrieeee!!! :04:

Congratulations :drinking34: and I am curious have you been living in the US for 40years? And what decided you to get citizenship?

From CH

Jared Bentley "The State of Things Today"

I have written here before about the sorry state of today's modern music, or at least my perceived notion that the state of modern music is in definite decline. I feel justified in making such an observation, as the talent pool atop the charts these days leaves a lot to be desired.

I have also used this space to complain about reality television, and shows like "American Idol" and "America's Got Talent". I find them mind-numbing and ridiculous. I know that I am in the minority with that, but I generally find myself comfortably fitting that mold, so that's OK by me. The good thing about those two shows, though, as I see it, are that they give the music industry a good idea what the public wants. At least an idea of what the vote-texting, sign-waving, Simon-adoring public thinks is good.

While that includes Sanjaya and the like, it also shows the industry that the good looking people don't generally make it to the end. The people in the final rounds are not generally great either, but they are the more talented of the crew, and don't always have the "look".

When the American public gets to choose, it seems as though they overwhelmingly choose the folks that don't fit the cookie-cutter. Ruben Studdard, Jordin Sparks, Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aiken, Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry, and the David guy who won last year are all a little overweight, or a little too feminine, or a little too bald to be one of the pretty people that gets continually pushed down our throats over and over again. They are a lot like the people we all know, and they can sing. Or at least sing better than the Sanjayas of the world.

Letting America vote on these shows should show the higher-ups that maybe America is ready for entertainment from people who seem more like them, who aren't pin-ups or centerfolds, who might possibly have talent. Maybe people are finally interested in hearing a good song, rather than watching someone gyrate across the screen in a slick video production. Or, maybe I'm wrong - that's much more likely.

Thanks for all the good words! I got to work today and my desk was covered with Red, White and Blue confetti. There were streamers hanging from the ceiling and two bouquets of flowers. I was really touched.

I guess time just got away from me and major issues with my DH's health made me re-think some things. So I started the process in June and well here I am!

From the CH:

Awww, a new blog by Ruben, "Inspired by Clay" :-)

http://rubensrealfood.blogspot.com/2009/11...ed-by-clay.html

The Cluben lives! And that makes my heart sing.

Yep..."my boy Clay"... love it!

Went to the web page...the pasta may taste great but really it looks like totally yucky (said in Valley girl accent)

:GM_FCA:

10 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

72 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim