#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

EEEEEE!!! I was watching Good Morning America today just to see if they would promo Clay for tomorrow. They just did!!! Coming back from the 8:30 break, they played a bit the the Invisible video, and George Snuffaluffagus did a voiceover about Clay being in Times Square tomorrow to sing a couple of songs from his new CD.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Has everyone heard the snippet of Breaking Up Is Hard To Do? flirtysmile3.gif

http://www.fye.com/T...7VVviewprod.htm

I had no success clicking on it, but I was able to right-click and save target as. That opened in Windows Media Player.

Thank you, thank you, luckiest! I've never heard of F.Y.E. before, but did a location search and find there's one in a mall 15 miles from my house. There's a chance the Deluxe T&T is at Best Buy tomorrow because their website lists both the core T&T and the Deluxe and for the Deluxe says: +[6/1]+-+CD/9896327.p?id=2105841&skuId=9896327&st=clay%20aiken&lp=4&cp=1"]Store Pickup: Coming Soon. Best Buy is close to me, so I'll check that out first. I ordered four Deluxe copies from Amazon in April -- two for me and two for a couple of other people I buy for. The ones to the other people shipped, but mine Not Yet Shipped. I also paid for 2-day delivery for all of them. So I emailed Amazon and got a reply back and, shock of shock, they apologized and agreed they screwed up and gave me a $10 credit. I'd rather have the two albums tomorrow, but I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't ignore me.

16 hours and counting for iTunes. I'm thinking about replacing the old aged iPod. My teenage granddaughter is telling me to get the iTouch. Does anyone have experience with an iTouch? I haven't seen hers as she lives on the Georgia coast, but she tells me she wouldn't be without it.

Oooh, yay! I think I may be late for work tomorrow due to an 'appointment'. Heh.

You guys are right, Breaking Up Is Hard To Do is on the Amazon deluxe edition. Unfortunately, mine says they are not going to ship until between June 7 & 10. I guess tomorrow I'll be checking out HMV or Best Buy or something.

I've never seen an iTouch either but I love my iPad! I really wish it was 3g not just wi-fi If I could sell(at a discount) it I would buy a 3g one. My DH bought a 3g and swapped it with my DD. Guess he won't do it twice!

Stealing from the best, thanks bottlecap:

PBS_WSN7-1.gif

I think for my birthday in September I'm going to switch out my iPod nano for a iPod Touch. My office mate has one, and she loves it.

I couldn't get the clips from F.Y.E. to play for me either, but at this point, I'm going to be scouring stores tomorrow as it is, so I'll be patient. My Amazon order isn't shipping until next week (wah!), but I'm taking tomorrow off from work so I can watch GMA and listen to my iTunes version, as well as go TnT hunting!

I can't believe it's almost here!

Stealing from the best, thanks bottlecap:

PBS_WSN7-1.gif

I think for my birthday in September I'm going to switch out my iPod nano for a iPod Touch. My office mate has one, and she loves it.

I couldn't get the clips from F.Y.E. to play for me either, but at this point, I'm going to be scouring stores tomorrow as it is, so I'll be patient. My Amazon order isn't shipping until next week (wah!), but I'm taking tomorrow off from work so I can watch GMA and listen to my iTunes version, as well as go TnT hunting!

I can't believe it's almost here!

Great Memorial Day graphic, bottle!

LJ, yeah, I think it's going to be an iPod Touch for me. As to the F.Y.E. snippet, you have to right click on either WM or RP and download to your desktop, then play it in whichever format you downloaded. It's just a taste, but oh so delicious.

About GMA tomorrow ... GMA is tweeting for people to come to Times Square in the morning to hear Clay Aiken sing two songs from his new album. Does anyone know if this is outside at Times Square or in the studio at Times Square? Not that I get to go, dammit.

About GMA tomorrow ... GMA is tweeting for people to come to Times Square in the morning to hear Clay Aiken sing two songs from his new album. Does anyone know if this is outside at Times Square or in the studio at Times Square? Not that I get to go, dammit.

Thanks Bottle... I didn't even try to read the liner notes. My eyes are soooooooooo bad.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee One more day. I've got the dvr set for Clay since I have to leave the house tomorrow before the show even starts. On my lunch I will go buy the album. I would love for Clay to have a separate tour alone. So much to look forward to.

My nephew came over last week with a laptop in one hand and his itouch in another and he's calling up his friend trying to help him get on skype. LOL. He's 10. Time have changed drastically! We used to you know... go outside and play!

Hi guys. I received the deluxe cd from Amazon on Saturday morning. I wrote the following thoughts about the cd on Sunday and posted on clayversity. If anyone cares to have a preview (really very general). If you wish to read,you can highlight the following.

I received the album yesterday and luxuriated in its beauty as I was driving to and from an out of town wedding. I wanted to comment just briefly about it overall but look forward to discussing it track by track. I tried to resist listening too much to the snippets but wasn't totally successful. When listening to the album in its entirity, however, I found there was still much to surprise and delight me. What struck me right away is how much the orchestration plays in the power of this album. It often has a big band sound yet doesn't seem dated For those who like to identify certain sounds and phrasing that delight the ear, you have a cornacopia here. My current "sound" that I can not get enough of is his "baby" in Mack the Knife, towards the end of the song. If I was told that I could only ever hear one song again and I would be forced to choose, it might have to be "Mack The Knife". It is that good.

About the liner notes. I read them first before listening. My first impression. Damn, Clay is a superb writer. The "journey" described in the first two sentences-just grabs you. He is so engaging, so honest and self-deprecating to boot. I was particulalry touched by his description of Dave Novik and felt so happy that clay has had this opportunity to work with hiim and the folks at decca. I can only feel the contrast he must have experienced relative to his time at RCA with some (many?) of the people there. I didn't read it as a FURCA but the phrase " unprecedented level of passion, enthusiasm, and talent" certainly can lead you in that direction.

My second impression was that Clay wants to be recognized for his artistry. He wants very badly to earn the respect of his industry colleagues. He deserves this. I did not see a fragility in Clay as much as a vunerability which he so openly shared with the reader.

Clay on PBS Schedule:

http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?p=2,2,1,2

Tweet:

gma: #MusicMonday: @ClayAiken will be LIVE in the Studio Tmrw AM! Come on Down to @TimesSquareNYC!!!

Review of Clay's CD:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35675946/ns/today-entertainment/

Popdirt:

http://popdirt.com/clay-aiken-tried-true-commercial/79013/

(Hi everyone, I am home!)

Kim

Thanks for all of the links, Kim, and welcome home.

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do snippet done kilt me :dead-1:

Don't leave my hearrrt in miseryy -Y-y-Y-y-Y-y-Y-y-Y

Oooh hot damn! There is some definite schexy in that there song. I for one intend to consume ALL OF IT the first chance I get!! :flirtysmile3:

USA Today Review...track by track:

http://content.usato...rack-by-track/1

Wow. That may be the best, most realistic review Clay's ever gotten. Yeah, they didn't love every note or every choice, but they listened! I wish it wasn't on a page devoted strictly to Idol, but I guess that's inevitable.

You know, this has been a bad time to have sinus problems and a clogged ear. I've been annoying my family all week-end by constantly going "Wut?" and "Huh?" and trying to yawn my ear clear.

:scream:

And the worst part of it is that I'm not sure I'll be able to get the full effect of that all-important first listen of TnT via my earbuds. Sniff...

You know, this has been a bad time to have sinus problems and a clogged ear. I've been annoying my family all week-end by constantly going "Wut?" and "Huh?" and trying to yawn my ear clear.

:scream:

And the worst part of it is that I'm not sure I'll be able to get the full effect of that all-important first listen of TnT via my earbuds. Sniff...

hope you feel better Bottle.

Loved reading the USA Today review. And this is the last time I will ever say this (FCA jumps for joy) but I can't stand reading comments from Clay fans. In a way it feels like we are an abused person - so grateful for a pat on the head yet never being able to step away from the past. I hope that changes one day and we can just enjoy Clay without remembering every slight we feel he has suffered. Now I turn the page and say.....

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Feel better bottle!

Nice USA Today review. Dutifully added to the news section!

Supposedly Clay is online at the OFC at the moment. Question: how does one know that?

I'm expecting this thread to get a shot in the arm here tonight, in about 3 hours or so. I'll be here, listening and posting. Off the cuff tonight, more thoughtful stuff later. (I'll also probably put thoughtful stuff in a blog at the OFC, gotta get those points! Hee!)

If you click on "fanclub", Clay is the first avi (the train picture). If you click on the avi and open his profile, you can see his last login time (51 minuted ago as I type this). He added a bunch of friends, since he had been at 504, and is now at 640. Yes, I've spent a little too much time on the OFC over the long holiday week-end. :cryingwlaughter:

Loved reading the USA Today review. And this is the last time I will ever say this (FCA jumps for joy) but I can't stand reading comments from Clay fans. In a way it feels like we are an abused person - so grateful for a pat on the head yet never being able to step away from the past. I hope that changes one day and we can just enjoy Clay without remembering every slight we feel he has suffered. Now I turn the page and say.....

Can't wait for tomorrow.

I'm so with you. I don't know why people expect bad reviews. I don't--and I haven't noticed most of the slights. Critics are just people with an opinion, so they don't affect me much one way or another, but I think it's becoming cool to like Clay. He's still around after all these years, and that alone is enough to convince people he's not a flash in the pan. I feel incredibly positive about Clay's career.

I'm expecting this thread to get a shot in the arm here tonight, in about 3 hours or so. I'll be here, listening and posting. Off the cuff tonight, more thoughtful stuff later. (I'll also probably put thoughtful stuff in a blog at the OFC, gotta get those points! Hee!)

I finally got signed into the OFC today. My current membership name is couchie2010. There is also a couchtomato -- that was my original membership name but when I couldn't sign in I renewed with a different name. So that one shouldn't be valid. There is also a couchie but that isn't me. I tend to only go over when Clay blogs.

Thanks bottle!

I'm a bit anxious for this evening and the near future, and yet, I'm also at peace. Why? Well, anxious because it's a new chapter in Clay's life, and I'm hoping that everything turns out well. Peace? Because just from the little I've seen, Clay seems at peace too.

Happy, happy. That's me.

And "amen" to couchie and wandacleo.

I'm feeling a little jumpie myself claylove. Since I haven't listened to the snippets, I think I'm in for some surprises tonight. I asked for the automatic download at itunes. I wonder if it will be at exactly 12?

We went out to buy a new mattress set today during the Memorial Day sales. Mr. Fear hasn't been sleeping well since his knee surgery, a few months ago. Hoping it's worth it. They already delivered it this evening.:whee:

I'm feeling a little jumpie myself claylove. Since I haven't listened to the snippets, I think I'm in for some surprises tonight. I asked for the automatic download at itunes. I wonder if it will be at exactly 12?

We went out to buy a new mattress set today during the Memorial Day sales. Mr. Fear hasn't been sleeping well since his knee surgery, a few months ago. Hoping it's worth it. They already delivered it this evening.:whee:

Have you tried memory foam? I got a memory foam topper a few months ago because I had heard it was good for people who have chronic pain and I cannot believe how much better I sleep now!