#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Two new tweets:

clayaiken OFC members - we've just announced Meet & Greet sweepstakes for the upcoming "Timeless" tour. Details athttp://bit.ly/bIAwqT

AND

muttmarketing Check out @clayaiken on @popeater (AOL) on June 24th! They followed Clay for a day and documented it via photos, video, interview and more!13 minutes ago via webRetweeted by deccalabelgroup and 5 others

Plus one more from Decca:

deccalabelgroup Follow our friends at @MuttMarketing who work with such GREAT artists as @DebiNova, @NikkiYanofsky, and @ClayAiken :)

Scurries off to the Fan Club...

Sorry to hear about your ankle Caro!

ETA: Geez, the contests open at noon Eastern. I'll be flying to DC by then. I'll have to remember to log in later tomorrow!

Scurries off to the Fan Club...

No reason to hurry. The M&G sweepstakes begin tomorrow and go on for two weeks before the drawing for 5 winners per venue. They specifically say that entering early is no better than entering late because it's strictly a random drawing.

*pouts*

Nobody reads my posts - even on the same page!

:imgtongue:

You're right. I somehow missed yours and several more. D101.

Two new tweets:

clayaiken OFC members - we've just announced Meet & Greet sweepstakes for the upcoming "Timeless" tour. Details athttp://bit.ly/bIAwqT

AND

muttmarketing Check out @clayaiken on @popeater (AOL) on June 24th! They followed Clay for a day and documented it via photos, video, interview and more!13 minutes ago via webRetweeted by deccalabelgroup and 5 others

Cannot wait to see this!! :flirtysmile3:

Schemes and plots about how to get all the Canadians disqualified from entering the M&G Contests so I have a better shot at winning for Windsor.... :clay:

Good luck with that. :cryingwlaughter:

I sat next to Chamberlain, Quiana's boy in Asheville during the DCAT. He got very excited when Clay started singing. Do I remember someone saying that he doesn't care for it when Quiana sings? Must be something about the parent seeming like a different person??

Schemes and plots about how to get all the Canadians disqualified from entering the M&G Contests so I have a better shot at winning for Windsor.... :clay:

Heh, the fanclub does a good job with that all on its own! :imgtongue:

It sure is hard to keep up with all that Clay is doing. :onFire: I enjoy seeing Clay interact with someone he admires and respects and vice versa.

I wanted to catch up on the next two songs:

Unchained Melody- Love love love the slide up into the franetic chorus. My interpretation is that he finally lost control after begging over and over for love and finally started demanding it. It doesn't fail to give me chills over and over.

Suspicious Minds- I don't think I can ever get tired of this song. Clay does such a great job interpreting it. Although I seem to enjoy it just a little more seeing him singing it. I would love to hear Clay sing some more Elvis songs as he did at the JBT. That music suits his voice.

My youngest son was an avid music collecter and has an extensive LP collection of music from the 60's,70's and on up.Several thousand I would guess. Funny how they don't need their collections when they move out. Tonight I had to pack them up in order to clean out the space they occupied to have ceramic tile laid on the floor. He bought most of them from a used music store and got some from my brothers. They weigh a ton and I'm not looking forward to putting them back. :5271627lilsis:

FearofH2O, justclay12, cindilu2 , et al -- thank you for your sympathy about my fall and subsequent sprained ankle, not to mention all the blue/purple reminders up and down my left side. :cryingwlaughter:

I really couldn't concentrate -- or stay awake -- enough to write a real entry, but I did post some of the latest CA news and the unplanned interruption to my blogging routine at Carolina On My Mind earlier tonight.

Have a great week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Hi Claylove...sorry about your friend but eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm going to Chicago!!

YAY Couchie! So glad you are going and thanks for helping me out :-)

Caro, I wanted to be sure you knew this because I remember you saying you wished you had saved your blogs before the old OFC went down. I saw at the OFC forum that they are working on bringing all the blogs over from the old site so your blogs should be restored there in the near future :-)

Suspicious Minds is one of my least favorites on the album. I like it, I don't even skip it, I just don't love it. I prefer the JBT version but it wasn't a #1 favorite for me then either. I don't think the strings work with this one, and I think I would've preferred a different arrangement. I think for the taping it was different; I look forward to hearing that version again to see if it is. Vocally I think he sounds fantastic on this, and he obviously loves the song, so I'm good with it. I love the way he sings "love you too much babyeee." One cool thing that interests me is that unless other vocalists weren't credited, Clay's singing backup for himself from the 2nd chorus on (sounds like him), and Quiana starts singing more than one vocal line after that as well. The effect as you get to the end is that there's a chorus of singers, but I think it's just overdubbing of the two of them.

:GM_FCA:

So, Am I the only one who doesn't skip songs...even if it one I am not particular fond of I never skip them. Congrats Couchieon going to the Chicago concert!

4 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

7 Days until Clay is on Popeater (AOL)!:yahoo:

22 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

37 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

couchie, sorry I missed your ping last night -- left windows open when I hadn't meant to.

BUT...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I love that you're coming to Chicago! I'd have you room with me, but the husband my object. LOL.

I think we got everything packed last night -- only to have one of the checked bags be JUST over the 50 lb. limit. Much shuffling ensued.

ETA, from getclayaiken about a half hour ago:

A tweet:

wral‎: Clay Aiken is coming to #WRAL this morning. He'll be on WRAL's Morning News on FOX 50 at about 8:45 a.m.

Cute interview, but nothing earth shaking either. Talked about the show on Monday, the album, doing the PBS special in Raleigh, and some about Parker and Father's Day coming up.

Lavender shirt, sport jacket (one I think I've seen several times at this point), hair was a bit wavy, and scruff!