#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Couchie and everyone who needs one, I hope this brings a small laugh to your day :thbighug-1:

I read this at GCA this morning -

Speaking of politics, lol...from tammie4clay at OC: (I'm not a friend of a friend, so I can't see these, but here's a comment from Clay last Nov.)

I was looking around at Devin's facebook pics and saw he had posted one of the cover of the NE with Obama on it. The headline was about Obama's gay lover coming forward. Devin's captioned the photo asking wonder why this didn't come out during the election....Clay commented....

Clay Aiken Because I kept it quiet... but now that I didn't get a stimulus check, I'm PISSED!November 21, 2009 at 8:08pm · Report

:hysterical:

<------------ Yeah, and he was the one who invented the Bieber, too. I remember the night THIS picture was posted, and fans were "Oh, noooooo'ing" all over the place.

I think it's high time we accepted that Clay's hair IS what he wants it to be, what he intends it to be, and is not being "neglected" -- I think that's a ploy.

We must accept the hair.

Love the hair.

Become one with the hair.

I mean, if this is any kind of damn cult worth its salt, you guys are slipping!

keeping... BWAH!!! Well, I think we're a great kind of damn cult!!!

:starhugs: for Couchie.

What is Nomads for Inclusion?

KAndre, that b&w pic of Clay is like a work of art. He is so beautiful. Don't care about his hair because most of the time I'm too busy looking at that gorgeous face. The lips, eyes, perfect nose. I'm with ldyj, I'm just happy that he has a nice head of hair on him. And I sure can't complain about bad hair days because I rarely do more than wash mine, towel it down, and hope for the best.

I enjoy the concerts where people get up and dance, although if they sing when Clay is singing, I want to smack them. Unfortunately, I'm more like his mom and friends. I will stand up but I don't dance. Well at least my whole body isn't usually moving. It's either the feet or the body, but they never work in tandem. I was definitely born without the rhythm gene.

justclay... Nomads for Inclusion is a fan group that raises money all year-round for National Inclusion Project. They started in North Carolina, but have decided to ask some other smaller fund raising groups from around the fandom to join them, so dropped the NC from their name. They ran the ebay auctions, among other things.

Couchie and everyone who needs one, I hope this brings a small laugh to your day :thbighug-1:

I read this at GCA this morning -

Speaking of politics, lol...from tammie4clay at OC: (I'm not a friend of a friend, so I can't see these, but here's a comment from Clay last Nov.)

I was looking around at Devin's facebook pics and saw he had posted one of the cover of the NE with Obama on it. The headline was about Obama's gay lover coming forward. Devin's captioned the photo asking wonder why this didn't come out during the election....Clay commented....

Clay Aiken Because I kept it quiet... but now that I didn't get a stimulus check, I'm PISSED! November 21, 2009 at 8:08pm · Report

:hysterical:

tree... double BWAH!!! I love his sense of humor, I do, I do!!!

:hello: FCA! I'm a newbie and so I'm trying to figure my way around here yet...seems pretty simple (I hope). Just wanted to poke my head into main as well and say hello.

:hysterical: Clay's FB comment!

Welcome! It is pretty simple...this where we usually hang out!

Kim

Hey gang, I've been doing a bit of housecleaning around here. As you know from yesterday, I created the Tried and True 2011 section last night. Today, I moved the 2007 Christmas Tour and the Spam Me Clay sections to the archives.

Love the man's sense of humor.....

Yes ldyj, I needed Pastor Ruben but didn't have the cash to be healed so I'm forever cursed with my lackofrythmitis. And what's worse is that I passed it onto my daughter who has it even worse. It's a sad, sad situation.

I was just getting ready to bring that over treenuts. He cracks me up.

Thanks for explaining that liney, I'd never heard of them.

justclay12, I'm cursed with lackofrhythmitis too. Whenever my friends and I go out and they want to dance I tell them, there's no way! I can barely even line dance! That and I watch too much So You Think You Can Dance and know I'll never be a percent as good as they are, so I don't even want to bother. :hysterical:

:hello: FCA! I'm a newbie and so I'm trying to figure my way around here yet...seems pretty simple (I hope). Just wanted to poke my head into main as well and say hello.

:hysterical: Clay's FB comment!

:hello: and Welcome!

ldyj, you've been such a busy bee lately, pollinating little threads everywhere :woman:

Here's a small but nice (and suprising) Clay mention in a UK article about Slimon & XFactor

from xMakeMeFeelItx at the CB -

https://secure.xfactor.itv.com/2010/judges-and-hosts/profile/tag_1563.htm

Ha! Clay is too funny.

Thanks Lady J for all of the tour threads. For those who are coming to SF I am going to plan the mother of all pre parties. It would be nice to all join together for a big party for all the boards like we did for the 05. Of course I remember saying back then that I could never do that again heee.

Welcome shortyjill.

For those who are coming to SF I am going to plan the mother of all pre parties. It would be nice to all join together for a big party for all the boards like we did for the 05. Of course I remember saying back then that I could never do that again heee.

:04:

:GM_FCA:

44 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

46 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Houston has added a third showing of the special.

Clay Aiken - Tried and True: Live!

Air: Wednesday, September 8, 8:30 pm on HD

Future Airs: 09/10/10, 2:30 am HD; 09/15/10, 8:30 pm SD8.2

Boy I love taking the morning off!

Last night was the first showing of the PBS special on the Erie, PA channel. Unfortunately I don't get it (since I have satellite instead of cable) but most people around here do. The lady at my work who I loaned the TnT CD to a while back watched it. She was looking forward to it, ever since I told her about the concert. She told me this morning she really enjoyed it, and she was quite amazed at how big the venue was, and how many people were in attendance. She loved the band and the orchestra, and the arrangements. Her comment about Clay? 'He is really an entertainer, isn't he?" She was impressed. :)

Thanks luckiest, I love to hear things like that.

I'm eagerly awaiting what UNCTV has in store for us as far as M&Gs. I think there was a tweet about it and I'm sure Ldyj posted about it. But hey that was yesterday and today is another day with other things to remember. :cryingwlaughter:

:GM_FCA:

Greetings, shortyjill! :welcome:

Thank you very much for your many kind remarks about my student composers in the previous Carolina/OFC entry. You made them feel very special.

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features montages by SueReu (It's Just Dancin') and Scarlett (Those Magic Changes), three Not.Just.Us stories (thnx to keepingfaith, merrieeee, deemer), and four graphics by Fountaindawg and AmazingCA. Hope you enjoy!

Luckiest1, I just saved your NJU story for a future blog. :)

Have an awesome day, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

Cool Caro. I just had another coworker stop by to say she'd watched a bit of the special. Not too complimentary this time, though. She said he looked like he'd gained weight, and seemed quite stiff. I told her that he has filled out and grown up since 2003 (7 years!) but he is still quite thin. I also told her that it was his first concert in over 2 years so perhaps he was a bit nervous, what with the large crowd and cameras and all. She commented that he looked very different on the pledge breaks and she hardly recognized him with that long, dark hair. I told her that Clay is a chameleon and his hair changes from day to day. She asked who the woman was that had a solo? I said Linda Eder, but it was a duet with Clay on Crying. She said no, that was not it, it was a solo. I said Quiana but she was a back-up singer. She said no, not her. I said Ruben sang a song, she said no, she didn't see him. WTF? I don't think she paid much attention. Oh well, at least she watched with one eye open. wink.gif She did like the orchestra. tongue.gif But seriously, how could you watch that and not be impressed? Blows the mind.

I wish I could find people to Clayvert. All my friends are tired of all my references (awww). Though a few weeks ago I think I had one too many and I kinda spilled a TON of beans to a guy my age and tried to explain Clay and why more young guys should see or hear him. I think he'd do great with that demographic if he did a comedy act like what was in Timeless.

Well I'm back at work, day off today! The work load quite heavy at the hospital, always seems worse at the end of summer! I really enjoyed my 3 weeks off! I'm looking forward to my next trip in 6 weeks to Chicago and Raleigh for the gala! It's fun to have something like that to look forward to! It's always fun to see Clay of course but I also love seeing my clayfans friends and making new ones! Hope to see some of you again in October! Love looking at all the clack, thanks to the clackgatherers for all your hard work! :04:

Clay Aiken has a new political idol

Submitted by janestancill on 2010-08-31 15:13

Tags: Under the Dome | Clay Aiken | Elaine Marshall | Janet Cowell | Senate '10

Pop singer Clay Aiken helped Democratic Senate candidate Elaine Marshall at a Durham fundraiser Friday night.

Aiken was the special guest along with state Treasurer Janet Cowell at an event held at the home of Amalendu and Arundhati Chatterjee in Durham. The price of admission for the event ranged from $2,400 for hosts to $100 for guests.

Aiken, who grew up in Raleigh, had backed Cal Cunningham in the Democratic primary held this spring.

projects.newsobserver.com

This is all a part of the UNC-TV Facebook challenge/contest they have going including a M&G w/Clay.

just ignore the "C" word if need be :whistling-1:

Sounds like fun -

UNC-TV Awesome news. You can always join us for our Sept 11 Twitter Party celebrating Claymates everywhere with online photos, video and other goodies...all things Clay. Follow us @unctv with the hastag: #unctvclay

4 minutes ago ·

http://www.facebook.com/unctv

ETA - I just noticed this was not posted here before. Sorry, thought it was -

UNC-TV Thanks Martha. The 4000th fan and friend giveaway includes a UNC-TV tour, dinner that evening, a chance to meet Clay, and an opportunity to appear on-air that night to talk about the experience! Tell your friends and help us build the community to help *you* win! Good Luck!

and...

here's how: Invite friends, family and other Facebook fans to fan @unctv to better you chances for the 4000th UNC-TV fan to be *your* friend!

Cool Caro. I just had another coworker stop by to say she'd watched a bit of the special. Not too complimentary this time, though. She said he looked like he'd gained weight, and seemed quite stiff. I told her that he has filled out and grown up since 2003 (7 years!) but he is still quite thin. I also told her that it was his first concert in over 2 years so perhaps he was a bit nervous, what with the large crowd and cameras and all. She commented that he looked very different on the pledge breaks and she hardly recognized him with that long, dark hair. I told her that Clay is a chameleon and his hair changes from day to day. She asked who the woman was that had a solo? I said Linda Eder, but it was a duet with Clay on Crying. She said no, that was not it, it was a solo. I said Quiana but she was a back-up singer. She said no, not her. I said Ruben sang a song, she said no, she didn't see him. WTF? I don't think she paid much attention. Oh well, at least she watched with one eye open. wink.gif She did like the orchestra. tongue.gif But seriously, how could you watch that and not be impressed? Blows the mind.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, you could truthfully tell Ms. Grumpy Hardtoplease that there's no seemed about it!

:lipstick:

What a lovely home merrieeee! I hope it's all you wanted from a house.

On topic: Clay's house is pretty nice too.

I'm not sure I'll even try for that UNCTV m&g. Way too complicated. Instead I'll just email my friends to watch the special and I'll make a nice donation, especially since we do watch PBS a lot. Love the News Hour, particularly on Fridays when Shields and Brooks have a segment.