#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Will this be online or are those of who don't live in Houston SOL?

Kim

I'd like to know that too. Apparently it'll be for sale through the PBS site so if those of us out of the viewing area can't watch it, it'll be a while till it's vaulted...

I know it will be up for sale and as much as I love Clay...not sure I want to spend 20 bucks on an interview.

Kim

I would do it in a hot minute--I loved the Memphis interview, and this one sounds to be even better. An interviewer who has actually done his homework and is interested in that hot brain of my hot boyfriend? :flirtysmile3: And a long interview too! I just don't want to have to wait for a DVD to come. Maybe it'll be a download?

Yes, I'm still programmed to buy almost anything that has the words "Clay Aiken" attached, and so, this will be bought as soon as the link shows up. From what the Houston people are saying, this should be really good. It could rival the first Diane Sawyer interview!

And for those who can't afford that, please don'tt hink that my saying this is "pressure." I realize that this economy is TIGHT.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

aikim, I'll be one row in front of you, but I'm in left center. I was a little worried about buying a single seat (as hubby isn't coming to this one) -- only to discover that I'll now be sitting next to gbmifan and her friend! EEEEE!

Yes, I'm still programmed to buy almost anything that has the words "Clay Aiken" attached, and so, this will be bought as soon as the link shows up. From what the Houston people are saying, this should be really good. It could rival the first Diane Sawyer interview!

And for those who can't afford that, please don'tt hink that my saying this is "pressure." I realize that this economy is TIGHT.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

aikim, I'll be one row in front of you, but I'm in left center. I was a little worried about buying a single seat (as hubby isn't coming to this one) -- only to discover that I'll now be sitting next to gbmifan and her friend! EEEEE!

Okay..I will just wave! My hubby is not going with either, actually might be a good thing after the last tour, LOL!

Kim

Kim

Yeah, it will be for sale for $19.95, but I'm not sure how long it takes to get the interviews in the store. InnerVIEWS with Ernie Manouse is syndicated to 80 PBS stations across the country, but I guess you have to check with your local station to see if they carry it. Otherwise it will be mailed out as a special gift for anyone pledging for a Clay Aiken: Tried and True item.

If you want to see Ernie in action, he had a recent Facebook campaign to replace Larry King and you can see the HQ Demo he sent to CNN here (below the photos including the one with Walter Cronkite): http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=135096096528017&ref=ts

Kim

Yeah, it will be for sale for $19.95, but I'm not sure how long it takes to get the interviews in the store. InnerVIEWS with Ernie Manouse is syndicated to 80 PBS stations across the country, but I guess you have to check with your local station to see if they carry it. Otherwise it will be mailed out as a special gift for anyone pledging for a Clay Aiken: Tried and True item.

If you want to see Ernie in action, he had a recent Facebook campaign to replace Larry King and you can see the HQ Demo he sent to CNN here (below the photos including the one with Walter Cronkite): http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=135096096528017&ref=ts

I checked my PBS station and it doesn't look like they carry the show. :( I'm not sure if I want to pay $20 for an interview yet either. I guess I'll just have to wait.

Kim

If you want to see Ernie in action, he had a recent Facebook campaign to replace Larry King and you can see the HQ Demo he sent to CNN here (below the photos including the one with Walter Cronkite): http://www.facebook....96528017&ref=ts

I checked my PBS station and it doesn't look like they carry the show. :( I'm not sure if I want to pay $20 for an interview yet either. I guess I'll just have to wait.

I just checked and our PBS station does air his show, but the showings through Oct. 3 do not include Clay :( I will keep an eye out but I am not holding my breath as they cancelled some airings of T&T. I will likely order that DVD as soon as it's up for sale anyway. lol

I have emailed the station in Houston to see if we can get a list of stations where the interview is being shown and when it will be on the web site.

They showed TnT again over the weekend and I didn't realize they would have the same pledge breaks as when I was there. A friend today said I saw you on the TV over the weekend, on the Clay Aiken special. He was surprised when I said it was taped last Wednesday! I told him I hoped that seeing me on his big screen TV did not put him off pledging!

Kim

I'd like to know that too. Apparently it'll be for sale through the PBS site so if those of us out of the viewing area can't watch it, it'll be a while till it's vaulted...

I am pretty sure since it is for sale, you will not see it vaulted.

Kim

I am pretty sure since it is for sale, you will not see it vaulted.

Dang.

Congratulations to everyone who got tickets in the pre-sale yesterday. I got lucky today in the Charlotte presale and picked up a pair in the last row of the pit. That would be 6 rows back but they’re in the center section. I was bad….. broke my own new rule (the one where I wasn’t going to buy more tickets than I needed for a concert). I first pulled up a 4th row pair but they were on the outside aisle, I bought them because 4th row pit is 4th row pit….but…I went shopping again and whaddaya know? The ticket gods dropped this pair in the center right into my shopping cart, mercy me. It really wasn’t my fault. They just fell right in there. What was I supposed to do?

Oh well….I think those will be my last set to buy.

merrieeee, Thanks for the ordering info for the interview. Maybe I can get one sent to me, over here. I’d love to see it.

I uploaded my Hampton Beach photos last night. Lovely Hampton Beach worst-close seat ever…

The album is here

1011059591_iGuju-Th.jpg

1011056211_GBPo3-Th.jpg

1011055482_fXDUF-Th.jpg

1011061674_WGmM6-Th.jpg

1011065374_qJZ6n-Th.jpg

1015293843_PxFDJ-Th.jpg

1011065599_4AL5k-Th.jpg

1015290757_GaBfA-Th.jpg

:GM_FCA:

23 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

25 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I got an email from Aron today about the Gala, I assume all the Gold and Platinum ticket holders did. In addition to checking the spelling of my name, he said he will be sending out another email about the reception and Gala. They are striving to make it the best ever and one we would not forget. Wahoo! :snoopy:

I'll bet Clay is going to make the Chicago concert one you all will never forget. :yahoo:

ETA: I meant to say how cute the pictures are ldyj.

Lovely pictures, Karen Eh? and ldyjocelyn. :wub:

I found this new thing on iTunes just now, called iTunes plus. Told me I had more than 25 songs available for HQ audio upgrade. One them just happens to be Clay's IWTKWLI! It's only .30c to upgrade and I'm wondering if I should do it, just to see how great the upgrade actually is. Nice to see they included at least one Clay song in this new thing though.

Can't wait to hear the list of auction items for this year! Since I booked my flights, Gala and Chicago are seeming more real now. It's going to be so exciting!

I finally got my Tried and True DVD from Seattle PBS in the mail yesterday. Only took almost 8 weeks!!! But it's so pretty. I haven't watched it yet....maybe tonight. :) I've only seen the full special once, and that was on August 1st.

:GM_FCA:

22 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

24 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Sounds interesting shortyjill. I'll check it out tonight.

Good morning! :hello:aikim Another day of work. The days off are the ones that hurt. Only two more shrubs to plant and then I'll swear off the garden shops for a while.

Look forward to seeing you again, luckiest.