#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Happy birthday merrieee. I'm not very confident about the number of eeeees. :clap:

I enjoyed your discussion and couldn't think of a thing to add. I'm not a writer for sure. But I don't spend a lot of time worrying about Clay. He comes across as being so self assured and confident about whatever he does, I know I could not do any better if he asked me to help with his career. I do go to the OFC and probably post there more than any place else (I have yet another screen name there) just to help the balance of comments. It sounds to me like there are more posters that I don't agree with there than those I generally do agree with who say they never post there.

But to avoid being a total lurker, I thought I would give you a few facts about Justin T that I learned last night from watching "some" of his HBO special.

1. He loves drugs- which one he uses depends on his mood and he's very moody.

2. He has a decent voice but admits that he cannot wail. Took voice lessons.

3. His show is full of lights, moving stage and booming sounds. It is used a lot to rile up the audience.

4. He likes to drink and spent a bit of time discussing this in his show. Only the men in the show shared this with him. They toasted "the Big Apple". The show was in Madison Square Garden.

5. He likes sex too. Even better than drinking.

6. He can really move and is an excellent dancer.

7. I got bored and kept turning it off.

8. He also played piano ( pretty good) and guitar (okay).

The result? I am so amazed at Clay Aiken, who can get people screaming and dancing with no more in the way of props than a stool and a microphone. Uses minimal effects, if any. Can really wail if he so wishes. Doesn't brag about sexual persuits, drinking or drug use. Is so kind to children. And most of all never fails to remind people that they can do so much more to help the arts and other charitable groups that depend on public support.

lightmyfire I'm so sorry you feel that not re-joining OFC would be supporting Clay. I can't sign up fast enough.

I may not like the MB for the most part but I just love, love, love his blogs and love being able to post occasional words of support to him. Plus, I want one of those cozy M&G's in the years to come. Gah! I can't imagine how much fun that would be. I also visit the "Tour" threads for helpful information. I found them great during SPHR for tips. I would prefer him to shut down most of the MB because it gives me a headache if I ever go there and I'd love it if they would add some kickass videos or maybe a "member's only" downloadable single. That would be so cool.

I also get embarassingly giddy when the signup pack arrives in the mail. :)

I'm only caught up as far as this page, but had to agree with canuck here. The message board is but one part of the OFC - and the easiest part to ignore, since you have to actively seek it out to get there. *shrug* I'd be perfectly happy (and would actively campaign for) doing away with it altogether. (Apologies to anybody who calls it home. I'm sure Afghanistan is a lovely country, but I wouldn't wanna live there, either *g*) Clay's blogs alone are worth the price of membership. I personally will not copy them for anybody who isn't a member - but that's just me. I know it's done regularly. Sure, so far at times it seems the blogs are the only 'perk', but it's getting better. And there's just something about knowing I'm a member that makes me happy. As couchie said somewhere up thread - I consider it an investment in keeping him around. And I still grin every time I look at my Claymate card. :-)

ETA (from some time over the weekend - lordy, y'all talk a lot!! Hee!)

I saw discussion of the word 'unconditional' - and it was a little freaky, because I had just updated my siggy. It's always been 'unconditional' but I added that other bit, and I swear it was before this discussion. No monkey! *g* When I say my support for Clay as an artist and as a man is unconditional, I mean it. I honestly can't think of anything within the realm of possibility that would turn me away from him. I feel he's shown us enough of himself over these past four years to state with confidence that the things that would end it for me are not within that realm.

Not in musical choices, for I love to hear his voice. When the lyrics have meaning for me, he touches my soul. When they don't, he transcends them and I am still left with that glorious sound. I'm not religious, so things like YWT or GN are not an altar call for me. They are magnificent in that I see him in his element, and I don't think anybody would argue that when he sings those songs, there is something special there.

Not in career choices, for I believe there are no boundaries to his talent, and I hope, no limits to his dreams. TV? Movies? Theatre? All good. Bring it on, Clay.

Not in lifestyle choices, for as long as he loves and is loved in return I wish only happiness for him.

And if he chucked it all and went back to 'real life' tomorrow? Well, after I cried for about a year, and offered up sacrifices to whatever deities I could think of to get him to come back, I'd still support him. Because as inexplicable as it is (even to myself), I really do love him.

So yes, I can keep my signature down there and not feel the slightest bit of hypocrisy about it.

Edited by cindilu2

but...but...what was your comment and what was his comment about your comment?

Sorry, folks, I didn't really intend to post and run but it was WAAAAY past this old poops bedtime.

Honestly, it was nothing to anyone but me...I had been reading "Teacher Man" by Frank McCourt, and added a comment that it reminded me of Clay the whole time, and I thought he would find it interesting. I also asked if he still had time to read, as I knew he was a BIG reader earlier in life. I said I would love to hear every now and again what he was reading.

A friend posted after me, and meaning to quote something in my post, instead "reported" it accidentally.

Apparently he sees those, 'cause I doubt he would have noticed mine otherwise.

The result? The blog about "The Kite Runner". It couldn't possibly have been a coincidence.

Everyone but me hated the blog....but hey...this was me :ilovemypc:

And I still grin every time I look at my Claymate card. :-)

Oooh!! Oooh! I'd forgotten about that! Me tooooooo...

(It was rather celebrated where I come from!) I was a big Cowboys fan back then.

As it should be Alice. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

But, media hype aside, they were NEVER America's team.

The rest of America had their own teams thankyewverymuch. :RedGuy:

I'm afraid to ask why a greased string would be in a cat's ass in the first place

I don't even want to know. Really. Ever.

Certain posters used to bug the hell out of me, but I've learned to scroll, scroll, scroll. I still get annoyed by self-professed authorities making pronouncements about Clay's career based on sheer conjecture, but I'm just as annoyed at the people who take what these so-called experts say so seriously and never seem to learn to be discerning about sources. I'm much better about the need to argue with folks or boost people's spirits.

Amen!

Yup - it's obvious they enjoy the reaction, so why don't people learn to just ignore it?

It took me awhile to get this ...but yep...sometimes ignoring someone is what they hate the most. Like when my oldest and my youngest would have temper tantrums in the middle of the kitchen floor and I'd just step over them and continue on with what I was doing. Really pissed the heck out of them but they got over it lots quicker when they saw I wasn't going to react.

There are still times when I simply can't stop myself from replying and so I type up something really passive aggressive :eusa_whistle: ... and then count to 10 and hit the back key. Still makes me feel better, and virtually no consequences! *g*

---

*sigh* back to work.

Good Morning, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:welcome: to clayrev1956, lilyshine, and leeana!

Muski -- way to go with the external hard drive! :clap:

YSRN -- the grape-apple pie looks/sounds delicious. My kitchen "magic" consisted of leaving out two packaes of frozen vegetables overnight (so much for the savings from buying two at a reduced price!) and this morning sending my coffee through the microwave with a spoon in it. Must be the Aiken Fog from viewing all the gorgeous pictures! :lol:

HappyBirthdaySingingHeart.gifmerrieeee!

I'm with Couchie and Cindilu2 on the "investment" point. I enjoy being a member of the OFC because I like reading and writing in the blogs. I go to the message board when someone asks if I received her PM. I have 200 posts only because I started two threads -- Updated Blogs List and A Forum for Bloggers, the former because last fall's board at first didn't have a New Blogs list and the latter because I was answering the very same questions over and over about HTML codes, posting pictures, etc. Several members have contributed tutorials/advice to the blogger forum. This is all kind of funny because I knew nothing about HTML before I started a journal in 2005. Sally lured me over there, gave me some links, and turned me loose.

My brother sent me this very serious virus alert:

Dangerous Virus Alert

I just want you to be aware there is a dangerous virus being passed around electronically, orally, and by hand. This virus is called Worm Overload Recreational Killer (WORK). If you receive WORK from any of your colleagues, your boss, or anyone else via any means DO NOT TOUCH IT. This virus will wipe out your private life completely.

If you should come into contact with WORK, put your jacket on and take two good friends to the nearest grocery store. Purchase the antidote known as Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract (WINE) or Bothersome Employer Elimination Rebooter (BEER). Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should forward this warning to five friends. If you do not have five friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your life.

Fall music lessons begin for real today, after which I may need some "work isolating neutralizer extract." :lol:

Y'all have a great day! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

There are still times when I simply can't stop myself from replying and so I type up something really passive aggressive :eusa_whistle: ... and then count to 10 and hit the back key. Still makes me feel better, and virtually no consequences! *g*

Yeap, I've used that "Back" button on more than one occasion when I've thought better of something I typed. Those internal filters are useful, though sometimes annoying, things.

:allgood:

Good luck to the Wichita Ticket Tryers this morning. :xmas07a:

OFC? The main reason I will rejoin is for the symbolic act of it. It's Clay's Official Fan Club. I'm a fan. It's sort of a stand up and be counted thing for me on a personal level. I don't read the message board or the blogs, except for Clay's. I wouldn't miss Clay's blogs for anything. I also enjoy getting a chance to respond to him. Not that I hold any illusions that he reads more than whatever happens to hit the board at the off minute that he's there, but still. There is something about it that appeals to me.

Crushing Sports moments...... I can hardly type the name Joe Carter. :crying1:

Wheeeee! I got two tickets for Wichita, too, in the Gold Circle. They don't tell you exactly which seat you get until they mail the tickets later. Ah, well, hopefully the Gold Circle isn't huge.

Happy Birthday, merrieeee!!

:7252:

I haven't seen this one posted around here yet, and I think it should be, just for the sake of keeping bottlecap's collection complete:

IMG_2841.jpg

bottlecap, I'll try to remember to send you a PM tonight, reminding you to download this one....

I love Angela's look on her face here too....

Fear, I loved this:

am so amazed at Clay Aiken, who can get people screaming and dancing with no more in the way of props than a stool and a microphone. Uses minimal effects, if any. Can really wail if he so wishes. Doesn't brag about sexual persuits, drinking or drug use. Is so kind to children. And most of all never fails to remind people that they can do so much more to help the arts and other charitable groups that depend on public support.
Wordy McWord! There really are so many artifices used in these 'superstars' shows in order to ensure entertainment....All I need is Clay and his voice. (well, the bod and the face and the stool shots and whatnot don't hurt, but you get my drift, I'm sure)

That's a really cute picture! They both look like they're having a great time. Lucky, lucky Angela. Is it too late for a career change as a backup singer???

No shit. And especially if I could apply the word 'backup' literally the way Angela gets to. Hey, Clay! Look out, baby, cuz Muski's "backin' up" on to ya... :hubbahubba:

Edited by muskifest

^^^ ldyj, I've made myself sticky. :Thud:

Oops, I mean I've made a note on a post-it to remind me to save the pic when I get home.

:cryingwlaughter:

And here's one that I have to send myself a reminder email to save when I get home....

188313350-O.jpg

And I'm probably the only one who notices the tape with "Clay" on the microphone....which is so cute to me.

No no, no!!!!!!! Not Angela's mic!! I'm sure my karma must be better than that.

Has this beautiful pic been posted yet? What gorgeous eyes! As Clay's future mic, I'll get to stare at his face all of the time. I've had so much practice, I'll slip right into the routine quite easily. :)

189370146-L.jpg

First of all...as an admin I want to give everyone a big :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: for the great discussion that handled sensitive issues in a very mature way. I love discussions...I even welcome very civil and lively debates....what I can't stand are turf wars, and agenda filled posts. I sometimes feel that this is what happens in the big boards and in the OFC. I feel some posts are designed to create drama...or to get attention...or to shaped the image of a board according to the vision of a group of posters. I just don't have time for this because this is so high school. So IMO...if some posters want to be queen bee...if some people want to keep up the anxiety and anger level...I;m outta there. There was a time I still posted to counteract the domination of certain groups or way of thinking cos I felt that the minority ought to be represented. The occasional pms I got of thanks encouraged me. But then I realize...I am spending more time frustrated and getting a more negative view of this fandom. Not the way I want to spend my day and not the way I want to celebrate Clay. So...I left the bigger board...I stay away from OFC. I totally applaud people like FearofH20 that have the patience to keep the positive perspective represented in the OFC. More power to you. But I have other stressors in my life, just don;t have the patience to do it anymore. So I stay in my friendly corner of Clay fandom. I'm just happy to see that more an more people in our little corner who wants the same thing.

I totally understand why some fans who have had very bad experiences with the OFCMB won't be renewing. I know they will show their support in other ways. I personally join because its Clay...period. To me the blog and video's are great but I am joining because I want to support him so the lack of videos and the times he forgets to blog does not bother me.

My feelings for Clay are similar to Cindilu and wandacleo. I do think I will be behind him even if he makes some scandalous mistake in the future. I expect Clay to be like any human out there...not to be perfect ...to make mistakes...not be too hot or cute all the time...or to even be less than fantastic or to bomb on some performance. Does this mean I will approve of everything he does??? Nope...just that I will still care and support him even through the down times and the times I may cringe because of something he did. I do understand and respect when some fans won't buy a product on principal...like CG and a CCM cd. But if for some reason he makes a CD with music that I don't like...I do believe I will still buy it. This is his musical journey and I support his right to make music that is right for him at the time. I might not play it...but I will buy the product. I will of course pray that the next one I would like. But really for the life of me...I cannot imagine Clay coming up with a full CD that I didn't like. I mean I was not thrilled with a lot of the original songs from ATDW but he made me love his versions...I don't really like country music yet Some of my favorite of Clay's demo are country.

oh its merieee's birthday!!! I will never forget the first time you did a cellcert...I was totally charmed by you..not only by your accent but by your fun and positive personality. I hope you continue to get your post count up.

:bday2:

Dangerous Virus Alert

I just want you to be aware there is a dangerous virus being passed around electronically, orally, and by hand. This virus is called Worm Overload Recreational Killer (WORK). If you receive WORK from any of your colleagues, your boss, or anyone else via any means DO NOT TOUCH IT. This virus will wipe out your private life completely.

If you should come into contact with WORK, put your jacket on and take two good friends to the nearest grocery store. Purchase the antidote known as Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract (WINE) or Bothersome Employer Elimination Rebooter (BEER). Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should forward this warning to five friends. If you do not have five friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your life.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

To the very merry Merieeee5f371bf7.gif

Note to self, don't mess with Jamar, she keeps talking about beingpassive agressive in a very agressive way - I am missing the passive part

I waned to comment on the poster who was saying the being here was like posting with sisters without issues - well...... I post here with my sister (Fear AKA corny3.gif) and all the issues that come with it! One issue, besides not having bought my ticket to Las Vegas yet - tonight, I promise - is the issue that she keeps bugging me to post at the OFC. I actually wander over there from time to time, but have found I am more likely to post and emoticon than a comment in some discussions. We really need more sunny threads over there, the one thing about the fandom is that people can be very funny.

scary56.gifwaves to everyone as she leaves for the beach for the last time with lifeguards still there

Later

Has this beautiful pic been posted yet? What gorgeous eyes! As Clay's future mic, I'll get to stare at his face all of the time. I've had so much practice, I'll slip right into the routine quite easily. :)

189370146-L.jpg

*gulp*

*dies*

W.I.N.E. & B.E.E.R. :cryingwlaughter:

Happy, Happy Birthday merrieeee!

As my gift to you, I promise not to post Snowflake Clay alllllllllll day today. :lilredani:

Since Ansamcw brought up the subject of music we don't like and may or may not buy, I'll tell you that there are no religious bones in my body. That said, when Clay sings "You Were There" it almost brings tears to my eyes. Not because of the religious aspects of the song but because it's such a beautiful song and the feelings that Clay pours into the song are just overwhelming. "Mary Did You Know" is another song that makes me shiver but only when Clay sings it.

If he made a CD of CCM music I would buy it! Go figure!!

Play, I see you down there. Have a great trip to the beach with the lifeguards. Oh, that's not what you said?

oh...

It's somebody special's birthday today! WOOOOOOO! :clap: Happy, happy Birthday, merrieee! I'm soooooo glad I've met you and hope our shared concert experiences are just beginning! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:7254: :nature-smiley-014: :nature-smiley-013: :large-smiley-003:

and just so you don't think I've lost my way among all these cutsie smilies...

lovelyshot.jpg

and an oldie but oh-so-goodie....take a look at his pants (duh). Mr. Happy is standing up to wish you a Happy Birthday, too... B)

blackjeans-small1.gif

:bday2: for Merrieeee

I was away for most of the long weekend, we took a couple of family day trips and it was usually late at night when I would get on the board and catch up. There were so many excellent posts and as I caught up I was reminded why I like being here. Like Ansa said, members here can take on controversial issues and do it without pounding each other in the head when they disagree.

Regarding the fanclub, I'm in the group who wants to show support for Clay in anyway my pocket book will allow I guess. I think last year there was an option of renewing for 2 years and I think I did that. Yep, the blogs are worth it for me. The message board, I've never been able to navigate it very successfully, and whenever any one posts about a dicussion going on over there, I can never find it. Yes, ingnorance is bliss.I don't think I could ever attach a dollar amount to the joy Clay gives me, so the unworn tee shirts, a few extra CDs here and there, a concert when possible and the membership to his fanclub seems like a fair exchange. Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.

Fear, thanks for the overview of the JT concert on HBO. I think he is a talented young man, but not one who causes me to open my heart or my pocketbook.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask for opinions on something. Clay jokes at his concerts and in interviews about taking the same 3000 to 5000 fans with him everywhere. How many people do you really feel are multiple concert goers, say 3 or more per tour? I just thought that might be a fun topic.

Edited by atinal