#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Will y'all be shocked to know that I have no idea who either Kirk Gibson or Drew Pearson are?

Thank God!!! I thought it was just me!!

I'm hoping I'm too young instead of too old to NOT know about these guys.

Will y'all be shocked to know that I have no idea who either Kirk Gibson or Drew Pearson are?

Thank God!!! I thought it was just me!!

I'm hoping I'm too young instead of too old to NOT know about these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QskvtFYNXPk...ted&search=

Seriously. The DAY I became a cynic and my childhood ended. He so pushed off.

Keepingfaith That last picture took my breath away...first thing I thought of was Michaelangelo's David.

Kim

Keepingfaith That last picture took my breath away...first thing I thought of was Michaelangelo's David.

Kim

Does that mean he wasn't wearing any pants? Then I want to see the uncropped version.

Wow, lots of interesting posts in the last couple of days. I don't think I can add much that hasn't been already said by others and more eloquently than I ever could.

I will add one thing about re-joining the fan club. As soon as they announce you can renew I will be there! I will not be re-upping to support Clay or for the message board, but for the feeling I get when I see the words "He Blogged"! I click on the link quicker than you could ever possibly imagine. I get such a rush being able to actually read what he posts that to me that is worth far more than any dollar amount! I cannot explain it but I don't want to give that feeling up.

I know, it sounds really stupid but I guess that's as good reason as any.

Doesn't sound stupid at all to me, Merrieee. It's exactly how I feel, too. Maybe we're both stupid? :00000441: :00000442: What's really stupid is that even when people copy and paste Clay's blogs on other boards, I still don't feel like I've seen it until I read it for myself at OFC. Yep, I'm nucking futs.

Meesa, :lmaosmiley-1: . You're not a regular smutter, at least from my observations. What has this board done to you?

Edited by Bookwhore

Champion I so agree...sometimes it is really necessary to walk away from the computer and get some perspective. It does seem like everyone is talking about Clay when you are on the internet and a reading the boards everyday...but out in real life...not so much. I have never had anyone come up to me and talk about the tabloids and the latest crap the gnats are spewing, not even Ripagate or the airplane incident. You really do have to look at the big picture and in the great scheme of things, most things that happen in Clayland are not even on the radar of Joe Public.

Kim

Yep, about two weeks after JP made his appearance I took myself out of the loop on the Clay message boards and I've barely heard a word about any of it. I don't even know all the salacious details. And why do I need to know them. I know he's a crazy mofo stalker and really that's all I need to know. My life was much better off by refusing to let the filth into it. I don't understand engaging him in any way. IGNORE.

So many interesting viewpoints on this board. I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and finally decided to join.

I'll be rejoining the OFC. Yes, it has a few problems, but, as was mentioned above, it's so much fun rushing over there when Clay blogs. :wub: And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one day I'll win a M&G.

I used to visit the Barry Manilow official site--wow, talk about a great site--it has everything and then some. I'd love to see the people who designed that site do something with the OFC. Until then, I'm content to renew my subscription and eagerly await my fanclub package in the mail.

....... I won M&G for the JNT05 when it was slam/bam/thankyoumaam but soooooooo exciting!!

Wait just a minute! You had a slam/bam/thankyoumaam with Clay? Yes, that would so be so much more exciting than a damned old question and answer session! *g*

Was going to rejoin OFC anyway, but if THIS is an added benefit, I am SOOOOO there.....

Okay, am I the only one who keeps reading "Tampa fax" as Tampax? :cryingwlaughter:
BWAH!! :cryingwlaughter:

(((((clayzorback)))))

Yeah, I'll rejoin the OFC .... But for me, his blogs are worth the price of admission alone. Funny, perceptive, and clever, they give us a window to his personality, that for me, is enormously rewarding. From the quick, random tidbits about his life (i.e., getting an iPhone), to his more heartfelt expressions of gratitude or compassion, each feels extraordinarily personal and genuine. Unlike M&G reports which must be interpreted through the filters of the participants, his blogs come directly from him, and can be evaluated as such. Yeah, they might get passed around back channels elsewhere, but he wrote them for Fan Club members, and it's as a Fan Club member that I want to appreciate them.

Very nicely put JennaZ - I agree that his blogs are special - from the very first, when some doubted that Clay was writing them himself, I knew he was. He has that special gift of using words, whether written or spoken, to pull you in - his blogs make me feel like I'm sitting right there chatting with him (preferably snuggled on the couch - but I digress) It's quite a special gift he has - I feel lucky that he shares it with us. As others have said, that alone makes my OFC membership worthwhile, not to mention the chance for a M&G. I can only imagine how special that would be. Maybe one day I will know. :)

and I also agree Akim, that sometimes it's best to step away from the boards to gain perspective - what concerns me, is that occasionally it takes me longer and longer to find my way back.

Edited by PuddinsJoy

....... I won M&G for the JNT05 when it was slam/bam/thankyoumaam but soooooooo exciting!!

Wait just a minute! You had a slam/bam/thankyoumaam with Clay? Yes, that would so be so much more exciting than a damned old question and answer session! *g*

:blush:

He's such a little stinker! Cute though. Took my breath away - and apparently my voice as I just grinned like an idiot. Hee!

Love all the wonderful discussion, & yup I'll re-up at the OFC faster than you can pull a greased string out of a cats ass! His blogs alone make it worth it for me. I love the conversational tone, like he's writing to a friend. I don't read the message board & it may be the only board he actually reads, so I wish it was more representative of his fans, but I can't change that. I know I have read on the boards many times that some fans think his OFC could be a wonderful PR tool for him. I think Clay is smart, so why he leaves things as is is beyond me. I still love him though.

Then I want to see the uncropped version.

Meesa , I'm afraid you're wasting your time with Clay, then. At least from my casual perusal of various pictures and videos of Clay, I've concluded that he is of the 'cropped' group....

if you get my drift....:whistling-1:

Fan club message board? Non issue for me. I'm not a member of the community there and don't miss being a member since I've already attached myself to a community :lilredani: (And I agree with Couchie who's said more than once that the late creation and marketing of the OFC is responsible for many stories like mine.) I only read the actual message board when all the crappola and shit was hitting the fan and my curiosity got the best worst of me. Don't need to go back and don't care whether or not things are better, the same or worse since then.

The cost of the fanclub is negligible, imo. I'm not rich, but $30? A tee shirt or a concert program costs $20, one ticket is twice the price and not even a full tank of gas for a road trip. And for that amount I can join the stampede at the words, "HE BLOGGED!"...or the even more rare..."New audio message! New pics! New contest!"....Sure, the blog and the pics and the audio are always ripped and posted elsewhere, so if you don't want to pay or join for other reasons, you know you'll still 'get what the paying audience gets' eventually. Whatevah. I like being able to read it and hear it and watch it myself...without an intermediary...

And as for being a good or bad fan....I hope that a friend will tell me if I EVER behave in such a way that hurts Clay or anyone else. I hope she'll let me know if I ever step over a line and my obsession interest in this infinitely fascinating man in any way infringes on others' enjoyment of him or invades his space or privacy or dignity. In short...

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.---that's it. For him, for each other and ourselves.

Now...it's time for fold clean clothes and get another load of dirty ones on their way. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: yeah, akim....I was reading Tampax, too! :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by muskifest

I just wanted to take a minute to say how much I enjoy being able to discuss things like "crazy fans" in an intelligent discussion with people sharing different opinions and perspectives--and with no one attacking anyone else (or being slimed with green). It's so refreshing.

I just wanted to take a minute to say how much I enjoy being able to discuss things like "crazy fans" in an intelligent discussion with people sharing different opinions and perspectives--and with no one attacking anyone else (or being slimed with green). It's so refreshing.

Yes it is.

Kim

What's really stupid is that even when people copy and paste Clay's blogs on other boards, I still don't feel like I've seen it until I read it for myself at OFC. Yep, I'm nucking futs.

Yep, that's me, too. I have to read them on the ofc and I actually read a few of the comments, too. And I always have to leave a comment. I know he doesn't read the comments past the first several, but still....

I will rejoin the ofc. I managed to get 4th row tickets during a pre-sale for two concerts, and a second row dead center PIT ticket. I usually don't luck out, but this year, I did. I keep hoping for more contests. In fact, I've posted a few ideas there that I think would be wonderful prizes with no skin off Clay's nose. And the M&G's. I've never met Clay. Sometimes I don't think I want to meet Clay, but none-the-less, I click on those M&G buttons quicker than that butt string ncgran mentioned. I just wish the audio/visual section was put to better use.

You were approached with that story. I was approached with that story. Certainly seems like somebody was serious about getting some RCA bashing into the fan buzz. Awwww, it must have been so disappointing when it fizzled. :clap:

Now, see, this is a conspiracy story I can get behind - who wanted that story out there so much? Was it just a fan famewhoring some gossip she heard or was it someone who wanted this spread? See, I, like Clay believe there are a few conspiracies out there.

I did, momentarily, make someone's good fan list during the same week as someone else's bad fan list. I'm thankful to the folks who got me off the bad fan list (And a nasty piece of work that list was, too.), but I appreciated the surreal humor, all the same.
So.... where are these good fan, bad fan lists posted? I need to check out a few hundred people. <-joke

(sometimes I need to do that because my humor is just not too normal.)

OFC, yeah, I plan on joining again, although I admit to feeling a little foolish, since i would think that more teens do that. (Clay where were you when I ws 16 (hell, where was the internet?)) I do get tickets through there, belatedly sometimes. Last video was posted in January, I think. A word of warning however, don't ask me to PM a no-member a blog. I have done it for some people that have sworn to me they could not sign in, because there are problems with the OFC, but never to non-member. I am just such a rule follower. I have received PMs from many people, a few here, asking me to post more at the OFC. I do know that it can change the tenor if the posting pool was diluted because more people psoted there. I just find myself piled on by the same old, same old when I post in the more normal areas and it is tiresome.

Can internet fans hurt Clay yes, I do believe they can and have. For some weird reason, I was trying to reason with people, you know, separate fact from fiction, on a few boards where I don't really post anymore because I was modded by mods with conspiracy agendas. During that short time period,I would get these "I wish I was as brave as you to posts" PMs, many of which were followed by "I am leaving the fandom, this is not fun anymore". There were people PMing me asking for a happy place to post. Look around, aren't there people you miss? When I was sick of the boards and general negativity, I used to disappear to TVclubhouse as a refuge of sanity, now I have this place where , so far, I have not pissed off the mulititudes of mods and where bull can be called bull. So I consider this refuge #2. While there is no active Clay fandom on TVC, there are great forums to talk about animals and other things and it is pleasant. I think some fans found it too trying and some are on other types of boards while still Clay fans and others are just plain gone.

This emoticon reflects how I feel about my fandom 7.gif

I am quite sure that this post is smut free, sorry Muskie.

Edited by playbiller

I will add one thing about re-joining the fan club. As soon as they announce you can renew I will be there! I will not be re-upping to support Clay or for the message board, but for the feeling I get when I see the words "He Blogged"! I click on the link quicker than you could ever possibly imagine. I get such a rush being able to actually read what he posts that to me that is worth far more than any dollar amount! I cannot explain it but I don't want to give that feeling up.

As others do, I completely agree. Message board? Haven't been there in ages, though at first I tried. Fan pack? More stress to get it than I'm up for at this point. Meet and greets? Not unless he gets "invited" to Toronto again, I guess. Blogs and messages from him? Priceless. Worth every penny and then some...I will SO be there. Love him to bits and love being able to see a little corner of his mind, in person. Once, he actually responded to me...I've never forgotten the thrill. :wub:

Yep, about two weeks after JP made his appearance I took myself out of the loop on the Clay message boards and I've barely heard a word about any of it. I don't even know all the salacious details. And why do I need to know them. I know he's a crazy mofo stalker and really that's all I need to know. My life was much better off by refusing to let the filth into it. I don't understand engaging him in any way. IGNORE.

Exactly. My M.O and reasoning precisely.

Once, he actually responded to me...I've never forgotten the thrill.

OMG I would have died!!! Did you believe at first it was from him? I would have wondered, I know.

Oh, no, no, no!! Sorry, I was obviously not clear! He didn't email or PM me...he just responded directly in his blog to a comment/question I had added to it just before he wrote the next one.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get you all excited for nothing! I wish!

It WAS very, very nice though....I went around like this :RedGuy: for days...