#24: Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!
    • Regardless of how you figure it, Clay is indeed our Million Dollar Man and I'm his cheap ho.
    • MUST.HAVE.CLACK.OF.THE.MAN.IN.BLACK!!!!!!!!
    • That is a whole lot of pretty. Physically and vocally.
    • It never does wane because Mr. Clay Aiken continues to fascinate, delight, transform and bring it. He is one beautiful man.
    • The man can make me laugh and sah-woon at the same time.
    • He was "chatty and witty" until you get all up in his kool-aid...
    • Heeeee - I love it! A massive brain and big balls.
    • Clay Aiken goes for the Full Monty
    • Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.
    • TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

Hey, muski... like your avi!!! I called my grandson, he's good at math, but he was asleep... sorry!

Speaking of bed... I need to go there. This 6am wake up call is for the birds!

Play... great job on the million and a quarter man list. He's great, but his fans (hey, that's us) are great, too! Good leader, good followers/co-leaders!

I don't know how to make superscripts and stuff but is it.... 5 (sq) + 7 (sq) = 74

(5 X 5) + (7 X 7) =74

25 + 49 = 74

Those (sq) should be superscript 2's but I am woefully unversed in typing stuff.

ETA: good thing hubby can figure things out faster than I can type them. Hee!

Okay, so I have permission to post a link to the "movie" I stitched together from the Spamalot clips on YouTube. It was enjoyable viewing for me, imagining Clay in his role(s) and I thought those who are unable to attend might enjoy being able to "follow along" with the recaps (to know what the heck people are describing, in other words).

This is a yooge file, y'all, and because of its size, I am currently working to upload the movie in two parts, the links to which may not be available for hours yet. I'm posting the link to the combined video for those who want to get a head start or who want to view the whole show as one piece.

Spamalot Combined wmv!

Oh, heck! I was busy with a rehearsal most of the afternoon and evening, and didn't get to download your Spamalot clips. And now there are no downloads left! Any chance you'd upload them again? Pretty please??

We all got the dreaded memo today at work. No internet, no instant messaging, no phone calls, honor the dress code ... yikes. 2 whole pages with stuff like "immediate dismissal" and "written up" highlighted every few lines.

Couchie - I'm so sorry. I don't know how I would survive at work without periodic Clay breaks. I'm sure you'll figure out how to do it! {{{{{Couchie}}}}}}

This fantastic pic cannot be posted enough (especially in a larger size):

golfguhhlg-1.jpg

Since it was an Algebra class, didn't she need to give the expressions instead of the answers? (ie. 74 is easy to guess but what if the sum were 3530?)

a. Since these are consecutive odd integers, they can be expressed as:

1st odd integer = 2x + 1

next odd integer = 2x + 3

b. The sum of the squares is 74, so:

(2x+1)(2x+1) + (2x+3)(2x+3) = 74

4x2 + 4x + 1 + 4x2 + 12x + 9 = 74

. . .

8x2 + 16x - 64 = 0

c. Using the quadratic formula & taking only the positive root:

20b5c8ea2b121de2a00f8dd56c50c874.png

x = (-16 + 48 ) / 16 = 2

So the integers are (2x + 1) = 5 and (2x+3) = 7 (same answers but with an 'algebraic' solution)

ETA: Oh Gibby, thanks for making him bigger!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Since it was an Algebra class, didn't she need to give the expressions instead of the answers? (ie. 74 is easy to guess but what if the sum were 3530?)

1st odd integer = 2x + 1

. . .

8x2 + 16x - 64 = 0

x = (-16 + 48 ) / 16 = 2

So the integers are (2x + 1) = 5 and (2x+3) = 7 (same answers but with an 'algebraic' solution)

Yeah....that. :unsure:

:cryingwlaughter: Yep. that's pretty much what hubby and DD2 did, Scarlett my dear! Thank you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oooh....i love me some big full frontal Clay in black polo shirt...made him my new desktop... :hubbahubba:

Night, all :imgtongue:

Omne more recap from CV from 2old4Clay

I just realized that we were so excited over this evening and 'all things Clay' that I have been remiss in giving a recap as to what took place, besides Clay Aiken.

As we waited for all the golfers to return we were helping ourselves to the wonderful tables of food. They had a few chefs on hand making up some fresh pasta dishes also. During that time we able to view all the silent auction items and put in our bids.

They gave out the golf awards, those of which I know nothing about, except the people who joined our table came in 3rd with their score, and then another lady I met Sally (her sister Sharon was sending recaps over to the CB all day)

won a poker tournament by drawing cards for a fee and seeing what kind of hand you come up with. I guess those that are familiar with this might understand it better than I.

Jerry Aiken spoke to open up the evening discussing the foundation and then introduced Bob Ferrone who told us about a man born with Downs Syndrome, Marty Sheets, who has accomplished so much in his life, one thing being named the PGA Volunteer of the Year in 2006. He is a National Special Olympics Champion and a golfer.

I really can't remember all the things this man has accomplished but it is amazing. We all gave him a standing ovation when Mr. Ferrone was finished telling us of his life.

Then Diane Bubel spoke a little about her connection with Clay through her son and how the foundation was started.

After that Clay spoke also giving some history and introducing the video. This was the same video that was played at the Raleigh Gala I believe. But Aron was having a lot of problems with it, it would start and break up and then play and then he would start it over. Because of that Clay came up on stage and started to sing to give Aron some time to get the video going, that is when he sang I Can't Make You Love Me. Then back to the video....again it played for a minute or two and then froze up. So Clay I think then sang At This Moment.

They finally gave up on the video, which was sort of disappointing because that really tells the story of what the Foundation is all about, it would have helped for the NJU people to have seen it in it's entirety.

Then the auction started, with Jerry Aiken trying to be the auctioneer and not having much success at anyone bidding, so Wayne Player got up and helped Jerry continue with the auction.

At the end of the auction, Clay said he had used up all his songs..he was only going to do a few and he already sang two..so people were making requests. He only did parts of a couple because I don't think impromptu was working well for the piano guy Ben Cohen. He didn't know the melody to WAMLAW and so they were both 'winging' it in a way.

Love of my Life was requested and they played with that a little too, but then he sang Get Here and Unchained Melody

which was good ole Clay singing perfection IMO.

Nothing to 'spill' about my conversation...since I read my story..and everyone always says he remembers people so well, I was determine to say hello to him at some point and see if he really did remember me. So here's the funny part...he said 'hi, well, yes of course I remember you.....you're ...a....a... Nancy! I just shook my head, and said see I didn't think you would remember....and he stops me and says...don't tell me....no don't tell me...I do know who you are...you're Georgene....and you read the story about your son and Santa Claus....and he preceded to quote word for word the last paragraph of my story....and then says to Mary...you remember Georgene XXXXXX....

we liked her story so well that we had her read it more than once. Oh yes, and here is where the 'charming' part comes in....he said I didn't remember your name at first because what I remember most about you was your voice...

when you were reading....it was so 'sweet' and soft' ....Now I thought that was the nicest thing he could have ever said....but I'm thinkin' it's one of those man things where when they overlook something....they compliment you so you don't realize the oversight...and you know what, it worked!

One more thing, Ben Cohen..is the assistant conductor and pianist for "Wicked" on Broadway.

Oh yes, and here is where the 'charming' part comes in....he said I didn't remember your name at first because what I remember most about you was your voice...

when you were reading....it was so 'sweet' and soft' ....Now I thought that was the nicest thing he could have ever said....but I'm thinkin' it's one of those man things where when they overlook something....they compliment you so you don't realize the oversight...and you know what, it worked!

Silver-tongued devil. :PB)

:hubbahubba:

1st odd integer = 2x + 1

. . .

8x2 + 16x - 64 = 0

x = (-16 + 48 ) / 16 = 2

So the integers are (2x + 1) = 5 and (2x+3) = 7

:Ahh:

Head for the hills....save yourselves from the math.

You do know I still have nightmares about my 9th grade Algebra class don't you?

Gibby

Oh, heck! I was busy with a rehearsal most of the afternoon and evening, and didn't get to download your Spamalot clips. And now there are no downloads left! Any chance you'd upload them again? Pretty please??

Sorry! I tried all afternoon to get complete uploads elsewhere, but finally abandoned them overnight. When I can get to my computer, I'll be able to tell if any of them are complete or if I got disconnected again, as I did yesterday. It's been difficult, because the files are all so large. It's almost two hours worth of video, yo. Hopefully, I'll be able to post links later.

I'm most impressed that Kareneh and Scarlett remember so much algebra! I haven't used it for years, so I've forgotten a lot of it.

Heeee. You're welcome.

ah thanks Gibby for the larger picture..I could barely make out the smaller one. He's so cute.

I'm glad you like it. But cute isn't the word that comes to mind for me. Sexy? Stunning? Masculine? Delish? Yup, all of them.

Gibby

Sorry! I tried all afternoon to get complete uploads elsewhere, but finally abandoned them overnight. When I can get to my computer, I'll be able to tell if any of them are complete or if I got disconnected again, as I did yesterday. It's been difficult, because the files are all so large. It's almost two hours worth of video, yo. Hopefully, I'll be able to post links later.

Thanks so much for trying! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'll be patient until you can get them uploaded. I have had problems uploading large files, too, so I understand! Have you ever tried megaupload? It's free, they allow large files, and it allows a lot of downloads. Just an idea for you.

Playbiller,

Thanks for reminding me that it was you who first brought up the million dollars raised by Clay. Couldn't remember where I had seen that. Busy board day what with all of the reports and pictures from the golf course! I was on overload.

Glad you figured out the million dollar amount--Clay would certainly never be one to toot his own horn. That's what we're here for, right?

Hey, maybe you need to add a new job---"HORNTOOTER." Now, where would that fall--right between dog walker and body guard, I imagine.

Clay Aiken's Golf Tournament, Part 5: Hangin' with Mr. Aiken!

January 8, 2008

Clay Aiken's Golf Tournament, Part 5: Hanging with Mr. Aiken!

"You were here all day! I had no idea you were Leslie. If I known you were here we could have talked sooner," Clay Aiken said, shaking my hand as I sat down to interview him in a small room at Mirasol Country Club.

It's true: I had been hanging about the Golfing For Inclusion Tournament, to benefit the Bubel-Aiken Foundation, since about 10 a.m., watching Clay, his family, friends and associates walking back and forth. We were supposed to talk around 2:30, so I never approached him, figuring we had all day to chat. And when they asked me to push the interview back to 4:45, I figured he was really busy and just let him be.

I did figure that whenever I did meet Clay, he'd be fun to talk to - I'd chatted with him on the phone a few weeks earlier, and all of the fans I'd spoken with kept telling me how nice he was. Also, he's a professional, and had been famous for a while now, and didn't seem like the type to be a jerk for no reason. (And trust me, they exist. I could give names. But I won't.)

Anyway, I finally sat down to talk to Clay right before the awards and informal dinner hour, where he sang and auctioned off a carriage ride in New York with himself for two ladies for $20,000 each. He's extremely down-to-earth, and the more he talks, the more pronounced his accent gets, which reminds me of my cousins from Arkansas. He also said he could tell I was from "up North" somewhere, because I seemed big-city sophisticated. And since we know "sophisticated" and "Baltimore" are not usually used in the same sentence without the words "is not," I can tell you - Clay is a nice guy.

Question: I saw your golf clinic with Wayne Player, where, I wrote, he had you bent around like a Stretch Armstrong doll.

Answer: Yes, he did. And I'm in the second week of "Spamalot" rehearsals and I am really sore. I'm starting to feel old.

Q: You got a chance to meet the golfers and see the whole course?

A: We did the whole thing. I met everyone in the groups, and most of them are avid golfers. We were sitting on one of the holes, and I thought "If one of those (balls) starts flying towards me..." That thing moved so fast I didn't think I'd be able to get out of the way fast enough if it did. Luckily, they didn't. Although we would have raised so much money if it had! (Leans over to his publicist) We should've had a ball hit me in the head! I think, though, if you get hit with a golf ball, you're out.

Q: I saw you close your eyes when Wayne Player had that nice fan, Pam, stand behind him to demonstrate how straight his shot would be.

A: I couldn't even watch. I'm glad he didn't pick me.

Q: I heard you did a few songs last night.

A: We did something for the (country) club members. They, as a group, have to approve the (programs) that happen here, so this was a "Thank You" to them. This tournament was new to everybody, and we're kinda working out the kinks this year.

Q: So you mentioned "Spamlot." How is that going?

A: I've done it three days, and it is easily the hardest work I've ever done. I thought it would be tough, but I'll tell you what - it's work, work. There's so much information to absorb...

Q: Learning the lines?

A: No, the lines, I had memorized before I ever got there. It's the dance moves. They're like "Kick-ball-change-flip" and I'm like "What does that mean?"

Q: Your Aunt Dianne told me that, as someone who has known you forever, that "Clayton is the foundation," that this is really where your heart it, even more than the singing.

A: (Smiles) Did she say that? That's so nice. The foundation really is a family - Not a family organization, but all of us have been around since it started. This is something I'm personally concerned about. I didn't learn this all by myself. I learned from good people...This (tournament) is not just to raise money, but the opportunity to raise awareness about inclusion, to people who aren't following me around on tour.

Q: Speaking of your tour, you know what I really liked in your last show? That medley of

TV themes.

A: That's a function of your youth, because people older than their 30s were like "What is that?"

Q: Are you gonna do it again? And if you do, can I make a request?

A: Whatever it is, it was probably on our list. We had to cut some things, because if we hadn't we'd still be out there performing. Tell me what it is, and if it was on the list, I'll tell you.

Q: "Mr. Belvedere."

A: (In his best Leon Redbone voice) "Streaks on the china, never seen 'em before, who cares?" YES! That was on the list.

Q: But the best part of what you had was when the orchestra played "The West Wing" theme. It was gorgeous.

A:(Clapping hands) That is my favorite show of all time...I knew I liked this girl.

Posted by Leslie Streeter at January 8, 2008

Thanks for bringing that over, ldyj! What a great set of blogs. :clap:

Some more from 2old4Clay at CV:

Just want to say that I was at the dinner tonight also, and didn't even realize that Katy won the dinner. I saw her video taping but I thought the other couple at the table were the ones bidding and the ones that won. In fact I got a small piece of video right at the end of the bid and Clay is taking a picture with some other lady and man I assumed those were the winners of the dinner. How nice for her that she won, and on her birthday, too. I also know the other girl that won and she is just so very excited too.

It was a fun evening, I went up to Clay and talked to him afterwards for a few minutes. What a sweet guy, ever the charmer for sure.

Lots of things up for silent auction...a trip to Mexico, a night at the Marriott, a Spa, some autographed Clay things,

and a lot of golf stuff, so I only bid on one item and won it. An autographed picture of Clay.

I tried taking pictures and video (after Kristy told me video wasn't going to be allowed) but the lighting was terrible and my camera was acting up for some reason. The video too is useless as one of the ladies at my table was moving a lot and always seemed to get in the picture just as I got Clay. He was standing on the floor during the auction and the chairs and people were blocking a lot of him. Then I saw Katy and figured she had a much better shot than anything I could get.

I can't add much to what was already posted. Nice blogs from Leslie at the newspaper, I met her this afternoon also and talked to her a bit, very nice young lady.

Katy4Clay's clack is being uploaded to the vault - and apparently Clay is looking REALLY fantastic in it!

Good Morning, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

What a day to miss the goings-on! From the music store to the studio, I was tied up throughout the entire golf-cert. Wiped out, too -- teaching seven lessons for the first time in two weeks did me in. Sorry I missed the "live" event, but I have read through several reports, including the latest blog. I believe Ms. Streeter has been Clayverted. Love the large pix, too! :clap:

I wanted to thank Caro for her great inclusion of FCA in her blog. Sales took a really big surge and we will probably double expectations which means TBAF will get a decent donation this time around.

I decided not to buy a Spamalot playbill because it didn't seem as though Clay was going to get much attention in it, until I saw CarolinaClay's blog where she described headshots, bios...Now I've got one ordered.

Likewise the FCA pins...I've ordered a couple. I also hadn't realized that some monies go to BAF. Very cool!

Thank you for the kind remarks, Couch and Maddy. :)

The blog featuring FCA's pins is still receiving comments about people placing orders, so I hope you are seeing more results. I added a very general sentence that a donation from the proceeds will be made to TBAF, and I will insert that you can ship to all countries.

Monday Sally added a Photo Editing Thread in Clayversity's Paint Shop Pro Forum (located in the Department of Fine Arts). Of course, with a new grandchild, this is a topic that really interests me. Drop by if you also want to learn more -- or share what you know -- about the process. Sally has many years' experience in the field and is very good at explaining with diagrams, examples, etc. She started with one of Toni7babe's photos. :)

Passing on the algebra, LOL! It still looks like Greek to me, Scarlett and Kareneh. :lol:

Have a great day, FCA! With high temps of 70, we are having "spring" in Carolina this week. th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Q: I heard you did a few songs last night.

A: We did something for the (country) club members. They, as a group, have to approve the (programs) that happen here, so this was a "Thank You" to them. This tournament was new to everybody, and we're kinda working out the kinks this year.

So Clay was there Sunday night? And there's no Clack? :AddEmoticons0426:

That thing moved so fast I didn't think I'd be able to get out of the way fast enough if it did. Luckily, they didn't. Although we would have raised so much money if it had! (Leans over to his publicist) We should've had a ball hit me in the head! I think, though, if you get hit with a golf ball, you're out.

Sooooo...... :whistling-1: tick...tick...tick...

How refreshing to read reporting/blogging from someone who is actually in the moment of what they're talking about. No pre-conceived, or worse, pre-written garbage about their opinions. Just opening her eyes to the man before her. FLOVE!

Heheh, I think he has it a little backwards about the TV theme demographic though. *g*

I kind of assumed that "Publicist" meant Mary, because I wouldn't expect Leslie to know all the details of Team Clay, but who knows? :cryingwlaughter:

And who cares?

Oh wait, maybe that's just me. Heh.

What a great interview! I had to put my hands over my mouth to stop myself from :lol: a couple of times. The kick-ball-change-step or whatever thingy was funny, I can just imagine him trying to keep up with the group numbers. Hee, how many more days? And YAY for clack uploading!

No, the lines, I had memorized before I ever got there. It's the dance moves. They're like "Kick-ball-change-flip" and I'm like "What does that mean?"

BWAH! That blogger was fantastic. Kudos to her.

couchie? Isn't it a bit early out there?? I think its too early here and its 8:40!

Love the image of Clay trying to figure out "kick-ball-change-flip"! and his big ole feet getting in the way! Now that is something they should have auctioned off! A chance to see Clay rehearse his dance moves! I would give a lot to be a fly on that wall! :cryingwlaughter:

LOVE the big picture! I tried to make it my background and it cut him off so all I saw was from the chest through the thighs.

Not that that is a bad thing......

Must get ready for work. I don't want to go!! :cry4:

ETA:

Last night's clack is available in the vault!!!

Oh great. Does this mean I am going to be late for work???

Does anyone here know of a board called "clayrefugees"? I just got an email from them and I have no idea who they are or what the board is...

I know! I know!!!

The board was formed by some disgruntled members from RHT/Eayor. They were the positivity patrol. They left because they didn't like that some people in Eayor thought there was a chance that Clay could be gay.

I joined the board to stay in touch with friends, but most of them gravitated to CV, so I can contact them there.

How in the world did they get my email info.? That kind of bothers me....I certainly was never one of the "positivity patrol" and couldn't care less if Clay is or isn't gay.