#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

cha cha...I agree that they sound like he could've written those, but I could swear that I read somewhere earlier that this song was written by some guy and the lyrics are online somewhere...I think the guy's version is out there somewhere (I mean, the actual singing of it)..

I'm sure you're right muski. I believe it was playing on the writer's MySpace. Sorry I can't remember who wrote it.

I remember hearing about some sng writtena nd sung by another that was on Clay's album, but I don't remember it being "Grace of God".

When I google the song title I get nothing close to it being a song. All I get is an album (by someone else) a group called GOG and a TV show (Medium) with that name.

I'd be interested in anyone else's results if they find where it was before!!

Grace of God was written by Don Mescall. You can still hear the song on his MySpace: Don Mescall

Dagnabit I've got the top of the page curse again but good!

Does anyone know anyone who has 1 seat to the May 4th Evening show that is NOT balcony or mezzanine? I cant stand heights and I have bad knees- double whammy.

But I want to be in da house!!

Please let me know if you hear of a ticket!!

Thanks

I read this in a recap by Mom11 at CV:

At Juniors our waitress appeared at our table while the 3 of us were having one of those - where do you live in ( insert your home state) conversations. You know how meeting new fans sort of snowballs at these gatherings. The waitress said, " I bet you're Clay fans!" - so we asked how she could tell. She said that in the past few months she'd heard lots of conversations like ours and was amazed that so many of us knew eachother from the internet and often just met in person for the first time at concerts or in NYC. She also said she'd talked with a fan from Azerbaijan!!

karen eh?, either that's you, or you need to do some detective work when you get home so you can form the Baku Branch of the eHP!

I read this in a recap by Mom11 at CV:

At Juniors our waitress appeared at our table while the 3 of us were having one of those - where do you live in ( insert your home state) conversations. You know how meeting new fans sort of snowballs at these gatherings. The waitress said, " I bet you're Clay fans!" - so we asked how she could tell. She said that in the past few months she'd heard lots of conversations like ours and was amazed that so many of us knew eachother from the internet and often just met in person for the first time at concerts or in NYC. She also said she'd talked with a fan from Azerbaijan!!

karen eh?, either that's you, or you need to do some detective work when you get home so you can form the Baku Branch of the eHP!

BWAH! Hell, I've already sent KarenEh my application for charter membership. BWAH!

Yeah, that was me!! That waitress, who is an absolute doll, and I are like buds now. We got to chatting the other day when I was in there, and she told me that she had mentioned me to some other ladies at one of her tables. She was telling them how she had served a bunch of us one night and there was someone from California, someone from Toronto, someone from Alabama, someone from New Jersey, and then someone from as far away as Azerbaijan. Lisa, the waitress, was pretty impressed at the whole phenomenon of us traveling so far to not only see Clay, but to gather together as friends from all over the country.....and the world. We had a few laughs that night. I've think I've seen her at least a few times since....she sort of did a double take when I showed up again last weekend...."Like weren't you just here a couple of weeks ago?"

Um.....yeah.

She has a nice new very downtown looking haircut.

cha cha...I agree that they sound like he could've written those, but I could swear that I read somewhere earlier that this song was written by some guy and the lyrics are online somewhere...I think the guy's version is out there somewhere (I mean, the actual singing of it)..

I'm sure you're right muski. I believe it was playing on the writer's MySpace. Sorry I can't remember who wrote it.

I remember hearing about some sng writtena nd sung by another that was on Clay's album, but I don't remember it being "Grace of God".

When I google the song title I get nothing close to it being a song. All I get is an album (by someone else) a group called GOG and a TV show (Medium) with that name.

I'd be interested in anyone else's results if they find where it was before!!

Grace of God was written by Don Mescall. You can still hear the song on his MySpace: Don Mescall

Dagnabit I've got the top of the page curse again but good!

:thankyou: It was driving me crazy. I knew I had heard this song and really liked it. For me, the song snippett with the best hook is, Ashes.

Are the true virgins gonna stay away from QVC tomorrow too? Gah - I don't think there's anything that could make me stay that strong short of leg irons, earplugs and a blindfold.

You betcha. Although It will be taped. :allgood:

I haven't heard anything at all. I've been pretty busy trying to get a certain person running for President to win in our primaries in NC and finishing up my volunteer tax work so I'm just pretending there is nothing available to hear. Although I have enjoyed reading the discussions of all the songs. I was so surprised with ATDW that I thought I'd do it again with OMWH. I am one stubborn person. :herewegoagin:

Wednesday morning after my final tutoring session I am off with Mr. Fear to NJ. Seeing two more shows with playbiller, including one with Mr. Fear. So not much time to think about snippets. :sickyet:

Does anyone know anyone who has 1 seat to the May 4th Evening show that is NOT balcony or mezzanine? I cant stand heights and I have bad knees- double whammy.

But I want to be in da house!!

Please let me know if you hear of a ticket!!

Thanks

I have one... I PMd you.

For me, the song snippett with the best hook is, Ashes.

So far, mine is Fallin' I was bopping to it while driving in my soccer mom van with its sunroof open, the sun shining and the windows down---and just wailing along with Mr. Aiken! :clap:

So far, mine is Fallin' I was bopping to it while driving in my soccer mom van with its sunroof open, the sun shining and the windows down---and just wailing along with Mr. Aiken! :clap:

You sound like me. :cryingwlaughter: Only I'm not a soccer mom and I have a new car. :clap: Red sporty Chevy Malibu all decked out. Sunroof and tons of extras. It has 6 speakers and two woofers? Whatever the hell that is. You can hear Clay coming down 71 a mile away......... :cryingwlaughter:

I like Fallen too. I think I like most all of them with the exception of The Real Me, and the song with the backup singers. Can't remember which one that is. I am trying not to OD on them before the CD comes out. I might like them more after I hear the whole thing and Clay singing them. I listened to Natalie Grant's YouTube version and I did not like it at all. If that is indicative of what was on the CD that never was, I can see why Clive shelved it and went for a covers cd.

TRM was my least favorite of the slovenian clips...but after hearing the longer Amazon clin and from the Billy Bush interview...I am loving it now!

My favorite is Weight of the World and Where I Draw the Line and Sacrificial Love and Grace of God...Can't wait for QVC...where can canadians watch it?

TRM was my least favorite of the slovenian clips...but after hearing the longer Amazon clin and from the Billy Bush interview...I am loving it now!

My favorite is Weight of the World and Where I Draw the Line and Sacrificial Love and Grace of God...Can't wait for QVC...where can canadians watch it?

Here (see sidebar "Watch Live TV")

Ansa, I was smiling as I read your 'fave' list...because these are the songs I like least so far:

Where I Draw the Line, Grace of God and possibly Weight of the World. (jury's out on that last one...I really liked it the first few times I listened, but then fell a bit out of love...we'll see when the whole thing is there)

I think WIDTL is going to be like When You Say You Love Me from MOAM for me. Never warmed up to that song. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm getting so freakin' excited! :lilredani:

Clayzorback...I'm such a pervert...I read this:

You can hear Clay coming down 71 a mile away.

And thought...Hmmm, you can HEAR Clay going down? Yum...I love enthusiastic men going down.

:hubbahubba:

:naughty2:

I don't think so, KarenEh!

From the CH:

From CB via CV:

QVC ordering info:

Posthoing to bring this over from the CB: ClaysMyMidlifeCrises wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just called and got the item number question answered.

F05386 - will be shipped for May 6.

F05428 - will be shipped for May 17.

If it sells out tomorrow, there will be a wait list for May 17

Evidently, the first number is for the inital allotment of CDs that QVC has available for immediate shipment. The second number is for if and when the CD sells out. A second shipment will go out on May 17.

ETA: the Spamalot sheet music went for $5700 -- the same person who got the cast dinner. BTW, I've read that she had the dinner last night; blinds were closed at Sardi's plus a bus in front of the place for privacy purposes. Finally, I guess the walk on part winner was during today's show.

ClaysFayevorite at CV wrote:

After the Matinee Report

Tiggy again said that the cast was so on fire that she suspected there was some important folks in the audience.

The person who won the walk on role did her part today. She was the 4th monk who walked accross the stage at the beginning and then she brought out the Holy Hand Grenade.

The soiling was again...an art form and he yelled "OH God!!!"

The bottle dance was the best they have seen. Each time he changed knees...he put his tongue out the opposite side of his mouth. Too funny!

She described his eyes as "burning embers"...excuse me...I need a moment...

She said he just about killed them. They were in the front row for all this!

When he walked over the Mt. he held the torch up so high, his arms were straight up and pressed against his ears.

When they told the peasant her name would go down in history with.... he said "I don't get that joke"

The Knights of Ni did a short 3 stooges bit.

When Patsy found the grail under the peasant, Clay said "It was there all the time!"

In the guard scene, he braided the ribbons so tightly he couldn't get them out...Herbert's father just stared at him in disbelief.

While Clay was doing this Herbert was up in his room bending waaay over backward (like he does with his father) out the window. They were afraid he would fall out!

He and Hannah were pointing at each other during the curtain call...but Clay "won"!

No white pants tug, but went way down when he said "...musical theater!"

Clay did the Broadway Cares speech and said he wanted to collect $200,000. dollars tonight "...so just put it in the bucket". "It's kind of small, but big bills take up less room so just use them."

The picture were $300. they ran out of Playbills signed by the whole cast, only had them signed by Clay. They still had signed posters.

There was lots of interaction between Hannah and Clay during his speech.

he did the little "oompa" dance ( up and down) with Bedevere and Patsy during the finale with a little hip thrust action.

That's about all I can remember. She will not be at this evening's show, but will call me from QVC tomorrow to let us know what is going on. EEEEE!!! Until then....

( Please forgive all my typos, have to run off to Bon Jovi and can't edit...thanks)

A while ago I was flipping thru the channels and I landed on QVC. They were selling jewelry ( I LOVE JEWELRY).....

SO I decided to do a little trial run. I called the number on the screen and a woman said, what is the item number you want to order?

I had walked away from the TV because the phone was beeping 'low battery' so I laughed and said that I didn't have it cause I had just walked away...

The woman laughed, and I said the name of the item, and she knew what I meant and asked "Is this (my name) at (my address) and do you want to use the credit card (my credit card no) and all I had to say was YES!

IT WAS SO EASY!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I almost asked her if she'd be working tomorrow evening and if she knew what they were in store for.

I wonder if we are going to cripple the QVC!! I hope I can get thru with my order!

Is there a way to order online as well??

Here is a link to the QVC ordering FAQs. It looks to me like you can order online, or over the phone. And if I understood it correctly, there is an automated phone ordering system that you can access with the PIN you set up with your account, as long as you call from the phone number you entered in your account. I've resisted the temptation to look around and do a sort of test order, even though I'm sure I could find something I never knew I really, really needed until I saw it on QVC. :imgtongue:

Ok, with soooooo many members of this board in attendance tonight, we better get some good details! From CV:

Intermission report from butterflysine. Clay added a little dance when he says to Lance "oh I thought they danced" it was kind of like starting the twist and Lance says, they do but not like that. Before Tom says, "I Feel Happy" he said, "what the hell is going on, I can dance too" and then I Feel Happy. Clay pretended his giant glow stick (flame) was really, really heavy and he either almost fell of the dice or pretended to almost fall off the dice.

Crowd is very loud and boisterous. With added lines it is funny as hell.

:cryingwlaughter:

ETA:

ETA: the Spamalot sheet music went for $5700 -- the same person who got the cast dinner. BTW, I've read that she had the dinner last night; blinds were closed at Sardi's plus a bus in front of the place for privacy purposes. Finally, I guess the walk on part winner was during today's show.

From morganette at CH regarding the feedback on the dinner:

Posted by dancermom2 at CV. The feedback was short and sweet, from the lucky winner:

Experience was even better than seller's description. Very positive.

Azerbaijan??? :cryingwlaughter: did he go there when he and Kristy toured the Eastern Europe? (pardon my poor geography)

I have a hard time choosing between the two. They're currently on the top of my list.

that would be me too. It's even more heartbreaking than LAA to me.

AHA!! I knew if I mentioned Azerbaijan in my recap that sooner or later ( mostly sooner) someone would post who that was. I agree - Lisa was a lovely person and I also agree with you about the great haircut. We also told her that Clay's last performance was May 4 and that that weekend would be really, really busy with Clay fans. You could see her thinking about that. She mentioned that she had only been working at Juniors since Clay's run began so she'd miss the Clay fans after May 4.

Yeah, that was me!! That waitress, who is an absolute doll, and I are like buds now. We got to chatting the other day when I was in there, and she told me that she had mentioned me to some other ladies at one of her tables. She was telling them how she had served a bunch of us one night and there was someone from California, someone from Toronto, someone from New Jersey, and then someone from as far away as Azerbaijan. Lisa, the waitress, was pretty impressed at the whole phenomenon of us traveling so far to not only see Clay, but to gather together as friends from all over the country.....and the world. We had a few laughs that night. I've think I've seen her at least a few times since....she sort of did a double take when I showed up again last weekend...."Like weren't you just here a couple of weeks ago?"

Um.....yeah.

She has a nice new very downtown looking haircut.

From CV:

when he first did the dancing line in "Im not dead yet" clay did this butt move that was funny and that cracked everyone up

knights of ni did "I like big butts"

Tom cracked up lancelot when he got rescued

instead of brading the ribbons the first thing he got interested in was the flowers on top, and he got on his tippy toes to smell them (Im sure that will make sense to someone)

It was Brad Oscar's last night, so they gave him attention at the curtain call....lancelot danced with him during the last song

peasant was a young girl who was wearing a sir robin tshirt (16 years old) threw them for a bit...king said "I like your shirt" then Clay goes to look at it, and makes faces at the shirt...then he posed right up against the shirt with a big grin on his face.

lots of tongue action during the slow mo horse scene

I think my virgin status will be compromised tomorrow as I plan on watching and listening to Clay on QVC, no way I would be able to not listen to Clay sing to me on TV...I know it will be a very fulfilling experience.

Kim

I'm home!!!

Back from seeing my boyfriend and having a nice dinner with couchie, Heido Ho, 00lsee, playbiller, Solo, keepingfaith, KAndre, ShellyC. merrieeee... Did I forget anyone?

Too short a time with them! At least I'll see couchie and a few others next weekend!

Eeeee!! As I was typing this couchie called me! She had her Spam cherry popped and she loved it! She thought he was very funny and - here's a shocker, folks, he was CUTE! I am sure she will post a more detailed recap later!

Comparatively a virgin..... I don't know if there is such a thing :noidea: . It only takes once.......... for a song to get stuck in your head, that is :songstuckinhead:.

So, JaMar and Bookwhore, forget it :P

Kim qualifies. (I have to say that because I had the same experience). :29:

Wow, that's a lot of smilies for a puny post.

ETA: I think I'll be losing my virginity on QVC night, too, claygasm. Oh, well. It will be worth it. I can't think of any better way to hear the music for the first time than by watching/hearing Clay sing it live.

Got that right! And duckyvee, I was sitting next to a friend of yours on the train home. In fact you called her but she didn't hear the phone so she called you back! I told her she should come post here. It was fun talking with her.

Here is a link to the QVC ordering FAQs. It looks to me like you can order online, or over the phone. And if I understood it correctly, there is an automated phone ordering system that you can access with the PIN you set up with your account, as long as you call from the phone number you entered in your account. I've resisted the temptation to look around and do a sort of test order, even though I'm sure I could find something I never knew I really, really needed until I saw it on QVC. :imgtongue:

800-345-1212 is the automated ordering number (not that I ever used it......). You just need your membership number and your item number. Its a much faster way to order - especially when its busy!

From CV:

when he first did the dancing line in "Im not dead yet" clay did this butt move that was funny and that cracked everyone up

knights of ni did "I like big butts"

Tom cracked up lancelot when he got rescued

instead of brading the ribbons the first thing he got interested in was the flowers on top, and he got on his tippy toes to smell them (Im sure that will make sense to someone)

It was Brad Oscar's last night, so they gave him attention at the curtain call....lancelot danced with him during the last song

peasant was a young girl who was wearing a sir robin tshirt (16 years old) threw them for a bit...king said "I like your shirt" then Clay goes to look at it, and makes faces at the shirt...then he posed right up against the shirt with a big grin on his face.

lots of tongue action during the slow mo horse scene

Was this from this afternoon's show?

Couldn't be because the funniest part of the whole show for me this afternoon was his braiding the ribbons! OMG it was hysterical! He just kept braiding and braiding and braiding. Herbert's father was trying very hard to hold it together. Clay just kept braiding and the audience kept laughing and Clay kept braiding and Herbert's father kept turning his head away and finally when Clay was done the father said "Very nice"! It was very funny!

The tongue action was in full force during the bottle dance. Whichever way his leg kicked out his tongue stuck out in that direction! His eyes seemed frozen upward. All I could think about was bottlecap each time the tongue moved!

I love this show!!!!

It was my lurker friend's birthday today so she treated herself to her picture with Clay! I watched because I am poor, but I just couldn't resist the poster, which was $80 this afternoon and couchie said it was only $40 tonight! Oh well, it was for a good cause!

Can't wait for next weekend! Its gonna be a blast!

But now I have to do some laundry and get to bed. I have to get into work early so I can leave early to go to QVC!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Last night was my final show of Spamalot. :cry4: Unlike all of my other Clay trips, where my cousin is my traveling companion, this time I took my husband, my 14 year old son, his best friend, and my mother. That made for an interesting 5 1/2 hour train ride!

Although my Clay-time is usually "just for me", I really thought after seeing Spam that my son and husband would both enjoy it- and that maybe if my son saw him in something like this, he would back off on all of the "Clay's not cool" crap. When I first brought up the subject, he asked if we could bring his best friend too. So, it was all set, although both of them kept grumbling about having to see Clay- and then, when we got to the theater, grumbling about how close we were sitting.(Rows F and G on the left side, on the inner aisle). My husband and mother were sitting next to me, with the boys behind us. I'm happy to say that they were all laughing uproariously throughout the show. My husband and mother even went up with me after the show for a picture- although the boys wouldn't go up with us.

The boys (somewhat grudgingly) admitted afterwards that they had enjoyed the show, and that Clay was good- even offering that they liked the faces he made when he was scared. That was like a moral victory for me, to get some words of praise out of them, so I was happy! I was just bummed that my cousin wasn't there to gush and swoon with afterwards about about how hot and gorgeous Clay was!

The songs that kept running through my mind on the loooooong train ride back home- The Real Me, Something About Us, and surprisingly, Ashes. (Surprising because my taste runs more toward the love songs and ballads. Can't wait to hear more!!