#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

All this talk about 'maturing in order to have a meaningful' relationship?

Did you not READ my post about "Sex and the Seasoned Woman" up there? :P This man is definitely one who would appreciate a seasoned woman...for many juicy reasons....

wellwell.... :hubbahubba:

I'd like to have seen some eyeliner for the Sessions video, or at least a renewal of the eyelash dye. In those bright lights he looked washed out and his eyes looked half closed and sleepy. His lashes are so pale that you don't see those beautiful eyes without something to make them stand out. Because he partially closes his eyes when the lights are too bright, the eyeliner would have to be applied differently if he did use it--for example, it didn't work for me in most of the Planet Hollywood shots.

And what was with his never looking at the camera? The only time you see his eyes, really, is in the interview segments when he's looking at the person asking the questions.

do we have a stick out your tongue emoticon :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Yep....

:imgtongue:

Geez, for a minute there I thought Clay was right, from the Mo Rocca interview....many of us in sync with each other....heh.

All this talk about 'maturing in order to have a meaningful' relationship?

Did you not READ my post about "Sex and the Seasoned Woman" up there? :P This man is definitely one who would appreciate a seasoned woman...for many juicy reasons....

wellwell.... :hubbahubba:

I did -- and I've always thought of myself as a rather salty woman. Especially with a margarita in my hand....

I'd like to have seen some eyeliner for the Sessions video, or at least a renewal of the eyelash dye. In those bright lights he looked washed out and his eyes looked half closed and sleepy. His lashes are so pale that you don't see those beautiful eyes without something to make them stand out. Because he partially closes his eyes when the lights are too bright, the eyeliner would have to be applied differently if he did use it--for example, it didn't work for me in most of the Planet Hollywood shots.

And what was with his never looking at the camera? The only time you see his eyes, really, is in the interview segments when he's looking at the person asking the questions.

Well, golly gumpers...never noticed any of that. I guess that's as good as an excuse as any to watch again...

Guess we're not so in sync!

I was celebrating his beautiful more natural not-mascara'd&linedwithinaninchoftheirlives eyes!

:cryingwlaughter:

OH, YES!, me too, Cotton! I think he looks natural and manly and gorgeous....no eyeliner needed! The color of his lashes is perfect for his skin and hair and I think he's a beautiful MAN in these videos---not a 'man-nequin'...heh.

I can't focus here. Keep wanting to go watch EIDN or SOU just one.more.time. oooooh, he makes me hungry. andthirsty

Okay, based on this morning's conversations, I now have a vivid picture in my mind's eye of a Clay / Hannah duet on Something About Us. That would be almost too much creamy goodness to bear...

[And sweaters wouldn't need to be involved, but I suppose pants would be necessary.]

Wanders back to work humming: "It's my daydream and I'll 'ship if I want to; 'ship if I want to; 'ship if I want to!"

That would be too much like Donny and Marie. They look too much alike and wear too much eyeliner when together!

:cryingwlaughter: You turd stirrer you.........CMSU!!! :cryingwlaughter:

We have better than a tongue-sticking-out emoticon!!! :imgtongue:

OMWHLenorasberry4.gif

I want whatever Clay is having............He looks like he is on speed or something.............

I think if Clay was dating or had anybody special, it would of been discovered by now. The man can't have a secret or a surprise.......Too many "need to know everything" fans............. :cryingwlaughter: They ferret out every morsel of info they can.

I'm looking for delicious, non alcoholic, gourmet punch recipes for a baby shower. Anyone have any?

Good morning. Interesting comment about how OMWH should have been Clay's 3rd album. Wonder what they think the difference would have been. People were still buying CDs? Kind of sad that they imply only "Claymates" are buying it.

Had to laugh at the KLo video. With what seems to be like a raging ego from her since the show, it probably galled her that HER interview had alot about Clay in it! Although I didn't think the radio folk were very respectful of him.

I think that the christmas album is not always counted because it wasa a special one.

Km spent almost every radio interview discussing Clay first off AI - almost eveyone that year did. People were curious about him. and she had the most radio interviews. Ruben also spent a good deal of his inerviews talking about Clay. I think the first year really tested friendships and hurt the others careers, what that they were.

CG, we gotta keep it on the downlow that you can have a fulfilled life as a single person, lest the human population cease to reproduce. :cryingwlaughter:

And then there's someone like me -- married, but with no desire to add to the human population whatsoever. I REALLY have to keep that one on the downlow. *g*

You are not the first, but when you will probably find that kids are drawn to you anyway and there are many pets that can use some affection.. With all the dogs at my end of the beach, Holly is a kid magnet. Good that she is getting better behaved all the time, heh. she was one of the calmer ones this time.

never got to the lawn, sat down, fell asleep and now too hot.

Are people sure they don't want to download OMWH? I have more pepsi points and can still e-mail free downloads.

I think if Clay was dating or had anybody special, it would of been discovered by now. The man can't have a secret or a surprise.......Too many "need to know everything" fans............. :cryingwlaughter: They ferret out every morsel of info they can.

I think Clay has gotten very good about hiding in plain sight. Media does not seem tohave an interest in photographing him with a woman, so they don't and wew don't know what goes on behind the masion gates. Clay even vacations with friends in a group. When you know Clay's favorite color, let me know. How many people knew the songs on this album when they were selected back before Spamalot? I remember in earlier years every thing would be known, now, not so much. Clay is a smart man.

Do you really expect that he is monk like in seeing no one? I can imagine that his Spam time was incredibly hectic, too hectic for a private life, but the rest of the time, not so much. It is possible and there is not neccessarily one person for everyone else, but heck, some people out there are scary! Has anyone else ever been approached by someone who wanted to discuss why the Nazi's were a positive force in this world and then tell you that you looked like you would understand? I changed my daily schedule to avoid this person!

Postwhoring, cause what the hell? I like talking to myself..................I just went to mediabase to check it out. I have to say. I have all these songs highlighted here, and have for months. I've already played the daylights out of them. Some of them I am sick of already. This just shows, me, how long it takes for hit songs to make AC's list. So, I think Clay is moving right along.

SARA BAREILLES Love Song

COLBIE CAILLAT Bubbly

MICHAEL BUBLE Lost

LEONA LEWIS Bleeding Love

TAYLOR SWIFT Teardrops On My Guit

TIMBALAND/ONEREPUBLIC Apologize

JORDIN SPARKS Tattoo

ALICIA KEYS No One

JOHN MAYER Say

DAUGHTRY Feels Like Tonight

EAGLES Busy Being Fabulous

PLUMB In My Arms LANDON PIGG Falling In Love At A...

MICHAEL MCDONALD (Your Love Keeps Lif...

KIMBERLEY LOCKE Fall This is a remake of a song that just came out earlier this year or late last year. Done by Clay Walker. I've had his version ever since it came out.

JOSH GROBAN Awake (Live)

CNOTE Forgive Me 375 430 -55

NELLY FURTADO In God's Hands

BRYAN ADAMS I Thought I'd Seen E...

JORDIN SPARKS No Air f/Chris Brown

LIFEHOUSE Whatever It Takes

DAVID COOK Time Of My Life

JOURNEY After All These Year...

MAROON 5 Won't Go Home Withou...

COLBIE CAILLAT Realize

REO SPEEDWAGON Find Your Own Way Ho...

ONEREPUBLIC Apologize

ROOM FOR TWO Roots Before Branche...

STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN Cinderella

CLAY AIKEN On My Way Here

I've now officially spent way too much time on this........ but I resized this and decided to make it my avatar!

Shorter and slower

OMWHLenorasberry4bshort.gif

Shorter, slower, and smaller

OMWHLenorasberry4shrt.gif

Shorter, slower, smaller, avatar-sized

OMWHLenorasberrysmallt.gif

I love this guy!!!

(have I mentioned recently that I love photobucket?) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm baaaaack.................. :cryingwlaughter: .

Where the HELL have you BEEN? I've been looking all over the place for you! :lmaosmiley-1:

And no, I have no idea how to answer your question. My post has no point except to mock and be silly. :lilredani:

Ah...I have all my songs on my Windows Media Player on shuffle and The Real Me is playing now....dayum....beautiful.

Caution! Rant ahead that might not sit well with some...Scroll for your blood pressure...

I wish. I just wish that people could comment on websites with kudos or appreciation of a Clay video, interview, cd, whatever...without gushing and including all kinds of Clay-centric identifiers, defensive excuses/explanations, declarations, etc.

It really IS possible to post and say that you thought he sounded great and you like his new look; that a particular style of song is a bit of a surprise from him but that he does a really good job; that the cd is diverse and has something for lots of different tastes, etc....

WITHOUT going on about Jaymes and Clay being FINALLY able to sing what he wants to and how he obviously isn't rocking out in the video because the studio is hampering him or how he's much better in front of a live audience or how he's just the best in the universe and how he is really ROCKING these songs.

HUH? Newsflash. Clay is NOT rocking in these videos. He is lookin' good, soundin' good and singing good stuff. He is NOT rockin' out.

And how he's the best thing since sliced bread and .....Hey, I love the guy, too...and I definitely drool and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! with the best of them from time to time...but...

Post after post after post of it...just wish subtlety could somehow be a part of the visible, vocal evidence of the 'Claymates'...

Thank you. I am now accepting slings and arrows. Please deposit them in the round file right there--the can is emptied every night. :cryingwlaughter:

Jumping into the discussion here, but it really surprises me when someone can watch a video of Clay singing and zero in on whether he has eyeliner on or not...too much else going on to notice that.

What really struck me on watching these videos is how effortless it is from him to switch from the high and low notes; blows me away how he can go right into that falsetto so smoothly. I think that is what I love about watching him sing, he makes it look so easy.

Actually not a fan of the eyeliner and glad he is not wearing it anymore; although I do think it gave him a sort of David Bowie vibe.

Kim

No slings and arrows from me Muski, I agree 100%.

Kim

Rant away!

Similar discussion going on at CV.

I was wishing for the ability to duct tape some hands to keyboards myself. I don't think Clay has the bestvoiceontheplaneteveh. I mean, do these people think their OT descriptions are doing Clay any favors? And I do think this kind of behavior turned dj's off. Some of the emails and calls those folks got were pretty mean and harassing. I'm not saying that's the only thing that kept Clay off the radio. I'm saying it damaged his good will with the on air people, at best. And NO, it's NOT fair and NOT Clay's fault at all!

It CMSU when someone comments "I'm not a Clay fan . . . blahblah then ends congratulating Kipper and Jaymes. Um. Right. If you're not a fan how do you know who they are?

Transparent, much?

HMMMMMMMMMM, well I CAN NOT get into the shipping discussion, and I've learned NOT to read any of the comments on any of these sites in order to preserve my blood pressure, (although I do agree from the examples given that they're just a tad bit over the top! :ruserious: ), but I really want to put in a plug for my wonderful SAU video- only 7000 views, as opposed to over 19000 for Ashes!? That's just not right! :onsoapbox: Give SAU some love, people!

I was in the post office mailing a package today, and one of their posters caught my eye.............. not quite sure why............... it said someting like;

"It's what's inside, and how it's packaged."

I had to stop and take a moment! :bravo::naughty2:

I've now officially spent way too much time on this........ but I resized this and decided to make it my avatar!

Shorter and slower

OMWHLenorasberry4bshort.gif

Shorter, slower, and smaller

OMWHLenorasberry4shrt.gif

Shorter, slower, smaller, avatar-sized

OMWHLenorasberrysmallt.gif

I love this guy!!!

(have I mentioned recently that I love photobucket?) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

That is mucho better. Hawt sexy tongue....Mmmm Mmmm good........ :hubbahubba:

playbiller wrote:

I think Clay has gotten very good about hiding in plain sight. Media does not seem tohave an interest in photographing him with a woman, so they don't and wew don't know what goes on behind the masion gates. Clay even vacations with friends in a group. When you know Clay's favorite color, let me know. How many people knew the songs on this album when they were selected back before Spamalot? I remember in earlier years every thing would be known, now, not so much. Clay is a smart man.

Do you really expect that he is monk like in seeing no one? I can imagine that his Spam time was incredibly hectic, too hectic for a private life, but the rest of the time, not so much. It is possible and there is not neccessarily one person for everyone else, but heck, some people out there are scary! Has anyone else ever been approached by someone who wanted to discuss why the Nazi's were a positive force in this world and then tell you that you looked like you would understand? I changed my daily schedule to avoid this person!

Sorry Play. I missed this in your post. Went outside to plant some things. I agree that the papparazi don't follow him around much anymore. I'd guess green for his favorite color, or else that icky orange we first got for the OFC. :cryingwlaughter: But that would just be guesses. Nobody knows what he really does in private. Honestly, though, I don't think Clay does have a girlfriend. I think it must be hard for him to feel someone is interested in him because of him, and not because he is a celebrity. I also think he is too over cautious on that sentiment and may be losing a chance to meet some nice people. I want him to be happy and find someone to have a meaningful relationship with. Whoever it may be. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Nice rant muskifest.............. :clap:

Now I need a shower and my reclining chair. A refill on my Bloody Mary, then sit back and cuss out the TV for their political coverage........... :cryingwlaughter:

cond_hat.gif

Heh. I feel like a turd stirrer today!

So..... Many are rejoicing over the fact that Ashes has soooooo many more plays than the other songs and that is PROOF it should have been the first single and the bestest song in the world, the one that will make Clay THE greatest ROCK!STAR! ever!

Ok, so I am exaggerating a bit.....

BUT, it occurred to me, in my ornery state, that perhaps it has so many plays because its the first song of the bunch. Maybe (and sadly) some are playing it just to check it out and for whatever reason don't like it and have no desire to check out the others.

That is possible.

Even likely.

Or not.

Of course, it could also be that those trying to prove that RCA once again screwed up by not picking Ashes as the single just keep playing it over and over and over and over so the play count will go up and they can say I TOLD YOU SO!!

Or not.

In all seriousness, the fact that the first song has many more plays than any of the subsequent songs seems to me to be more because it is the first song than anything else. Now if the 3rd song, let's say, had the most plays, that might be saying something.

Told you I was feeling ornery today!

This whole only getting online once a day sucks big time! :cry4:

muski... I totally agree with you. I get past the first sentence and just sigh, here we go again. If Clay managed to get the fans to not harass the djs, then maybe not gushing in comments can be next! I try to pretend I've never heard him before if and when I ever comment.

CALLING MUSKI!!!!!!

Didn't you want something like this for an avatar??? Stolen from CV:

AOLSessionsEIDNhands_ldb51.gif

Of course, this one is nice too.....

AOLSessionsEIDNmic_ldb51.gif

CG... brought these over just so I could see them again! Love them both! Thanks!

Okay, based on this morning's conversations, I now have a vivid picture in my mind's eye of a Clay / Hannah duet on Something About Us. That would be almost too much creamy goodness to bear...

[And sweaters wouldn't need to be involved, but I suppose pants would be necessary.]

Wanders back to work humming: "It's my daydream and I'll 'ship if I want to; 'ship if I want to; 'ship if I want to!"

bottle... BWAH!!! I like the image, tho.

CG... just wait until he dyes his hair again, then it won't squick you out. :cryingwlaughter:

Hey Muski?

What's SOU?

Is that anything like LAL???

I think that's for Something Obout Us??

And LAL is for Lover Alla Lone.

:cryingwlaughter:

cha cha... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: LAL has always irritated me, but now, with your explanation, I'm just gonna chuckle when someone does that! Thanks!

I love the session, tho I've only gotten to watch twice... I want my computer back!!! I, too, wish he had let himself groove to the music a bit more, but that is in no way impairing my enjoyment! I love EIDN and according to the poll, so does everyone else. SAU is second for me... that song is just beautiful And, beautifully sung!