#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

MMMMMMM lychees and siopao...YUMMMMM!!!!

wow it sure is different travelling with you guys than with my family....haven;t heard a trip out to the mall yet hee...

Another trip you guys have to do next time...drive down Monterey...its gorgeous.

Saw this at another board.....wasn't he adorable?

Mascot_clay_01.jpg

Awwww, that's so cute! I will NEVER....EVER figure out where in the world he got the impression he was not good looking...EVER. Other, of course, than kind, well intentioned (THAT is sarcasm!) people telling him so. Idjits.

Good morning.

I see you down there CM.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yes - that was one cute little boy! Who grew up to be a cute man.....handsome man.....charming man.....talented man......

Nothing else....just good morning.

Morning all!

So glad the eHP is having a blast in SF. Wish I could be there. (Yes, I'd like a little cheese with my whine, thank you very much...)

Has anyone heard from either muski or luckiest1 yet? I read an online article yesterday about the Macca concert that luckiest was attending, I hope she got a good spot.

That picture of Clay is so adorable. That seems to be my favorite word for his looks, honestly -- adorable. Sure, he can be sexy to me, but I find the word adorable to be much more descriptive. He simply makes me smile when I see him.

Home by myself this morning, for the first time in a few days. Hubby took several days off to tend to me, but now, I've got to start getting my knee working again. And of course, I had to start off this morning with a trip to our basement, because we had tornado warnings. Anyway, being by myself means I can play the Wii, and I can watch clack. Hmmm, whatever should I choose?

Thread title poll at the top of the page!

He simply makes me smile when I see him.

Thread title choice for next time! :F_05BL17blowkiss: And I agree - adorable is almost always the word that comes to my mind, along with that ICG, of course. :flirtysmile3:

I think artquest may be on to something with her phrase suggestion... :lmaosmiley-1: I'm eating some Ranier cherries & fresh blueberries right now - but just a few of each! Hope the eHP enjoys their last day on the northern CA coast. I'm joining ldyj for the whine & cheese platter. *pouts*

Off for coffee and to find something to do here at work. It's Monday. Again. killer_rabbit.gif

Oh - I almost forgot! :Iluvclaysbutt:

OMG - his feet really are off the ground in that picture. I really liked that suit with the long jacket. Clay has the perfect build to wear that style. mmmm...but I haven't seen any suit on him that didn't look good except maybe that taupey colored one he wore on AI and then several times after that. Ill-fitting and washed him out. He looks so awesome in black! And dark brown. And gray. And navy blue. And pinstripes. And.....and..... :013085001176249046:

ldyj - are you supposed to be walking up and down stairs? I guess that's a moot point if you have a storm warning...but please be careful!

Great pics - both 1984 & 2005!

I was in the Tennessee Thee-Ater (Knoxville pronunciation) this evening and it reminded me of last summer and the Asheville/Knoxville twofer. :::sigh::: I usually don’t whine, but I have to say I do miss the boy.

17.gif

Even though the spiky hair did nothing for me..a favourite look for me was the turtleneck sweater with the beige corduroy jacket and contrasting pants he wore at the San Jose JNT. I thought he looked good enough to eat that night, although I only ever saw photos and video, sadly, I wasn't there.

clay_sanjose0211.jpg

On the other hand...this is the whole package. Love everything about this one, the hair, the stubble, the smile and the suit.

AnotherLenolongshot.jpg

Ldyj, my surgeon told me to walk up the stairs whenever possible, but to avoid walking down them, no matter what shape my knees are in. He said that walking down the stairs puts a ridiculous amount of weight on the knees and knees are not built to withstand that.

Had to listen to Buble sing standards this morning, riding in a car with a Buble fan. Pleasant Sinatra-y voice, does not have the rich lower register, tho, IMO. Anyway, it was all covers, and some of the covers sounded silly being done Sinatra/big band style, like try a little tenderness and you were always on my mind.

Levitating.jpg

See, he really CAN fly!

gorgeous picture!!

I loved San Jose JNT concert Claymatron.he did look fabu!

Happy Monday!

Those Time pictures are some of my all time favorite...hell I have lots of all time favorites I guess.

I'm loving all the gorgeous pictures!! Levitating Clay! Pants! Feet! Cutie! Thanks for posting those.

About one of those thread titles....it should be Kurei Eiken. I know that's how it was posted, ldyj, but it's wrong.

Here's a Japanese ATDW. Clay's name is in white, in English and in katakana.

324480074.jpg

Here are the basic katakana, or symbols used for phonetic representations of foreign words:

326553772.jpg

Quiz tomorrow. :lmaosmiley-1:

Awwww CM - I WAS at San Jose and he DID look pretty good in those clothes. Kind of brown and beige and cuddly (the last was my imagination of course....)

Has anybody here seen Buble live in concert? I've only see him on TV......eh! I do like his song Home (or is it Coming Home?)

Are we posting pictures of Clay in suits today? Sounds like a good activity....

TIMECLAY.jpg

djs, I guess I just need to find a set of M.C. Escher steps, eh? Yes, Iseeme, I can do steps, and was supposed to be putting weight on the knee when I was leaving the hospital. At this point, I really don't need the crutches..

And just to show how different musical tastes can be (as many of us have said, heh)....I actually like the way Buble changes up songs. It may sound strange to some, but I find them cool. (It's also the reason I would have loved if they had released HYCA as a single, to me...it was such a radical change from the original, and I loved that.)

jmh, unfortunately I can't change the poll at this point. I just copied and pasted from the original post. If it wins, I will make sure that whomever starts the new thread posts it correct! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clay in a suit is a godsend to me. I love how he fits in a suit. Those early Time magazine pictures were fantastic for me...

Hi all,

Just checked in quickly while son is showering. We survived the 'spectacle McCartney' last night. What an experience! We got in line around 9 a.m. after taking the public bus down to the old city. Unfortunately I left my camera in the car, but we met a couple from Halifax in line who promised to email me some pictures they took of us. About 2 or 3 hours later, we were informed that the line we were in (a few hundred) was only going to allow people to sit behind the stage. Eeep! So we trekked up the hill and around the corner to the main line, where there were an estimated 10,000 already there. Except it wasn't a line, it was just a mass of people. With about 20 port-a-potties. OMG. Anyways we set our blanket down and camped there until everyone started rushing to form a line around 3 pm at the gates. They didn't open until 5, so it was excrutiating, you could hardly breathe for people pressing against you, and the sun decided to come out at that time, too, so it was v.v. hot. In hindsight, probably not the greatest timing, as my ds is about 3/5 of the way through weaning himself off his anti anxiety meds, but thanks to the kindness of strangers who offered him juice, and at one point held our place while I got him out of the crowd into a cooler area to calm down, we made it. It was a crazy, mad rush once the gates opened, but amazingly no one got injured. We could have stood at the back of the 'floor' section, but being short, we woudn't have seen anything, so we opted to go and sit up on the hills towards the back of the Plains. A few football fields away from the stage, but we could spread the blanket out and relax. There were multiple large screens, so our view was fine. We could see the stage through binocs.

There were two opening acts who were Quebecois, but sang in English. Paul took the stage around 9:30 pm and I really give him credit for speaking in French as much as he did. When he spoke in English, there was an immediate translation on the screen above him. The headlines here today read 'Quebec, ville conquise!'. All positive reviews, which makes me v.v. happy. He really gave it his all last night, sang a mix of McCartney/Wings/Beatles songs, and two encores, including Yesterday (ds's favourite). It was a great night, and after it was all over ds said his life was now complete. LOL, good things, since earlier he was complaining it was the worst day of his life! :P

Getting out of the city took a long time, but was done in an orderly fashion with special buses in designated areas. Finally crawled (literally) into our hotel room at 2:30 am. We had been either sitting on the ground or standing from 9 a.m., because they did not allow lawn chairs into the site. My poor old bones aren't used to all this torture! Hee, but I still think it was worth it to be a part of it all. Today we plan to take the ferry from Levis (sorry, don't know how to use the e accent keys) to Quebec and do some sight seeing. Tomorrow we will make our way back to Ontario. Wheeee, I only have to work 2 and a half days this week. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Cool that there was a Clay sighting. Glad to hear that maybe he is just kicking back and relaxing in NC.

lucky - I belong to a Macca email list and hope to keep on top of things to see when he'll be performing again!

Ever seen this site?

ABBEYRD'S BEATLES PAGE - this guy is on our list, and he just posted this:

Paul McCartney makes surprise appearance at final Billy Joel Shea concert Friday

There are youtubes and photos there of Billy and Paul doing I Saw Her Standing There and Let It Be.

(forgive me if this is what you have already dicussed!) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thank you, I had no idea! That is awesome!

Hi all,

Just checked in quickly while son is showering. We survived the 'spectacle McCartney' last night. What an experience! We got in line around 9 a.m. after taking the public bus down to the old city. Unfortunately I left my camera in the car, but we met a couple from Halifax in line who promised to email me some pictures they took of us. About 2 or 3 hours later, we were informed that the line we were in (a few hundred) was only going to allow people to sit behind the stage. Eeep! So we trekked up the hill and around the corner to the main line, where there were an estimated 10,000 already there. Except it wasn't a line, it was just a mass of people. With about 20 port-a-potties. OMG. Anyways we set our blanket down and camped there until everyone started rushing to form a line around 3 pm at the gates. They didn't open until 5, so it was excrutiating, you could hardly breathe for people pressing against you, and the sun decided to come out at that time, too, so it was v.v. hot. In hindsight, probably not the greatest timing, as my ds is about 3/5 of the way through weaning himself off his anti anxiety meds, but thanks to the kindness of strangers who offered him juice, and at one point held our place while I got him out of the crowd into a cooler area to calm down, we made it. It was a crazy, mad rush once the gates opened, but amazingly no one got injured. We could have stood at the back of the 'floor' section, but being short, we woudn't have seen anything, so we opted to go and sit up on the hills towards the back of the Plains. A few football fields away from the stage, but we could spread the blanket out and relax. There were multiple large screens, so our view was fine. We could see the stage through binocs.

There were two opening acts who were Quebecois, but sang in English. Paul took the stage around 9:30 pm and I really give him credit for speaking in French as much as he did. When he spoke in English, there was an immediate translation on the screen above him. The headlines here today read 'Quebec, ville conquise!'. All positive reviews, which makes me v.v. happy. He really gave it his all last night, sang a mix of McCartney/Wings/Beatles songs, and two encores, including Yesterday (ds's favourite). It was a great night, and after it was all over ds said his life was now complete. LOL, good things, since earlier he was complaining it was the worst day of his life! :P

Getting out of the city took a long time, but was done in an orderly fashion with special buses in designated areas. Finally crawled (literally) into our hotel room at 2:30 am. We had been either sitting on the ground or standing from 9 a.m., because they did not allow lawn chairs into the site. My poor old bones aren't used to all this torture! Hee, but I still think it was worth it to be a part of it all. Today we plan to take the ferry from Levis (sorry, don't know how to use the e accent keys) to Quebec and do some sight seeing. Tomorrow we will make our way back to Ontario. Wheeee, I only have to work 2 and a half days this week. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Cool that there was a Clay sighting. Glad to hear that maybe he is just kicking back and relaxing in NC.

lucky - I belong to a Macca email list and hope to keep on top of things to see when he'll be performing again!

Ever seen this site?

ABBEYRD'S BEATLES PAGE - this guy is on our list, and he just posted this:

Paul McCartney makes surprise appearance at final Billy Joel Shea concert Friday

There are youtubes and photos there of Billy and Paul doing I Saw Her Standing There and Let It Be.

(forgive me if this is what you have already dicussed!) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thank you, I had no idea! That is awesome!

Glad to hear that you had a great time. Do you know the names of the bands that came before Paul? Enjoying your sightseeing and safe travels home

Ldyj, my surgeon told me to walk up the stairs whenever possible, but to avoid walking down them, no matter what shape my knees are in. He said that walking down the stairs puts a ridiculous amount of weight on the knees and knees are not built to withstand that.

Had to listen to Buble sing standards this morning, riding in a car with a Buble fan. Pleasant Sinatra-y voice, does not have the rich lower register, tho, IMO. Anyway, it was all covers, and some of the covers sounded silly being done Sinatra/big band style, like try a little tenderness and you were always on my mind.

There are a couple of Buble songs I like. They were mostly in the movie called "The Wedding Date." I think Dermot Mulroney is one of the sexiest actors out there!! Didn't we talk about this before?? LOL

Anyhow, I went to itunes and looked for the soundtrack, didn't find what I was looking for, so I think I went to Amazon and read a list of songs in the comments section. It seems the soundtrack is only the background music that was composed for the movie, so someone listed the songs that were actually in the movie! So I went back to itunes and downloaded all the individual songs.

Buble had two songs in that movie: Home, and Save the Last Dance for Me. I also like his version of Try a Little Tenderness. Altho his voice doesn't have the texture that Clay has, I enjoy the warmness of it once in a while!

Here's a list of the songs in Wedding Date. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Luckiest - wow! What stamina and tenacity. I'm glad the "ordeal" ended on a very positive note for both you and son. That is devotion! I also think its tres cool that Paul tried to speak in French as much as he could. Talk about playing to the crowd in the best way possible.

Yeah, I love those Time photos as well......a very good bit of styling and photography. Same as with the TV Guide photos with the old microphone.

Glad you survived - lol - and had a good time, luckiest!

Ooooh, I gotta agree with you on Dermot Mulroney, cha cha! And the songs from that movie. I also enjoy Buble to a point.

A friend of mine just LOVES him and Groban. I concede their talent, but neither move me. She's a casual Clay fan, although I think she would be more of a fan if she saw him live. It's never worked out for her to get to a concert with me. I was going to gift her with OMWH, as she's been busy mothering (has a 2 year old & just adopted a 1 year old from China) and prepping to move back here from Chicago and I figured she wouldn't have heard about it. But she surprised me by emailing that she'd already downloaded it and was loving hearing him finally sing new songs!

I did like some of Buble's songs - I just didn't like a couple of them. I like when he sings standards straight up, don't like the little Vegas-y riffs. His voice was not as thin as it was when I listened to him sing on one of those ice skating shows.

ldyj - heeeee - an Escher staircase, yep! My doc was telling me to take the elevator down at work, and I live in a ranch house, so it was easy for me.

Well, now!

It's a RED LETTER DAY here in the Cotton household.

Let's see - I bought my KMart OMWH CD on May 7th. Sans poster.

So - today is July 21 and . . .

My poster arrived in the mail today!!

After several emails & phone calls to and from the store and corporate assuring me they really do value me as a customer . . . <_<

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

And I had to laugh when I opened it to make sure it's not torn or - in fact a poster of Mariah Carey . . . :lol:

. . . and they sent me TWO!

:lmaosmiley-1:

Guess getting TWO posters 2 and 1/2 months after the purchase of the CD is supposed to make up for all the aggravation!

OAN . . .

:Iluvclaysbutt:

:013085001176249046:

:)

Ha! Kind of like the first time I heard Richard Cheese on Kimmel doing Baby Got Back. Kimmel uses the word "classics". bwah

(Disclaimer: Most of his parodies are of the dregs on radio...and since you can actually hear the lyrics, it is just that much worse, so go farther with him on YouTube at your own risk).

Hi all,

Glad to hear that you had a great time. Do you know the names of the bands that came before Paul? Enjoying your sightseeing and safe travels home

Since luckiest1 is off sightseeing today, I don't think she'll mind me posting this recap from the Globe and Mail, with more concert details:

Concert brings harmony to Plains of Abraham

I don't think I would have lasted in the crush - claustrophobia is no fun!

from ashleysgram at CV...

DH has the radio on in the garage and just came in to tell me that OMWH was playing. It was on 95.7 Lite Rock in Grand Rapids. When the song was finished the DJ said "this is my favorite Clay Aiken song."

This is not that far from home. feel like a road trip bottle? I'd be closer than the trip we made to Columbus last year at this time. hee. (that was a fun night, wasn't it?)