#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

It's probably too late but have fun luckiest.

When I got home play warned me to avoid a certain board. Of course curiosity got the better of home . I read one post and got out of there real fast. Honestly, don't people have better things to do with their time? I thought this was supposed to be fun and fun to me isn't fighting.

Last night one of my friends brought her almost eighty year old mom along because she didn't want to stay home alone. During a lull in the conversation her mom brought up how terrible it was that Angelina and Brad were taking bids on their babies pictures. I asked if she knew that they were donating it to a charity. She said yes but wasn't that greedy? Just shows how people spit back what they hear without even thinking.

Turns out that the mom's favorite show is AI as well as the entertainment shows. Hey I used to watch the Apprentice so who am I to talk. Can't stand Trump so i no longer watch it. :scream:

well, I am watching world's best dog and I Love Money so I am really scraping the bottom of the TV barrel.

OK, the weekend people are at the beach - can I stay here much longer - oh and jelly fish have been sited - my usual sign to leave. Still have not cleaned under the bathroom sink where there was crap washed from the corner I never looked in from the previous owner (can't fit my head in the hole, so I nevr saw it guess I should hav stuck my hand in and felt around) - now a gooey mess of cleanser/cement - ick. And a fly is in the trailer - must find fly before fly finds me!

Luckiest - don't look back, if you go there - it was worse than you think. But no one is perfect - I think if more boards had ignore buttons we would all be better friends - just put people on ignore and you don't have to scroll - I have done it at the OFC and I have to say, it is a much happier place for me. Do we have an ignore function here? I am pretty sure most boards don't have one - heh, at one board, I wanted to set a mod on ignore and it didn't let me, I think their ignore button is broken, but then again I didn't try to set anyone else there on ignore.

Good Morning!

Raining like crazy today off and on. Really gray right now.

BUT! We did see a hummingbird at the window feeder I just put up yesterday!!! Amazing creatures!

Nope. No camera handy, we were having breakfast. I put up another in the front. I know the only way I'll get a pic is through the window and the front one is screened, so I don't know if I'll get lucky! Fun to watch though.

So - there's angst?

Clay's career is over?

Seems like perhaps, maybe , could be, I've heard that before???

I ain't worried.

I am a little at sea with no tour to plan.

It's been funny here the last couple of days. DH is leaving today for a work conference in Las Vegas. He's gone shopping for clothes. He's had three suitcases out of the bed trying to pack light. He's been online checking in, printing his boarding pass (first time doing all this flight stuff for him, I usually do it)

Then this morning he ends up going and buying a new suitcase! :cryingwlaughter:

Just like me before a Clay trip!

I hope he has fun. He's book-ending his trip with some "play time" around the seminar stuff. He deserves some fun. He doesn't do that much just for him. :)

Have a good day, all!

Oh - back to Clay - I know there are several who do Clay's "chart". Has anyone ever done Jaymes' chart? Or maybe her birthday is unknown so it can't be done?

Just curious. I hope she's doing well!

I hope Clay is happily whiling away some off-time!!!

ETA:

Thanks and :hubbahubba: for all the purdy!!!

I was reading the TwoP thread for Next Food Network Star. The posters there are convinced the deck is stacked, that viewer votes don't count, that the food network powers that be have already decided who they want, and edit the shows accordingly. Winners are deliberately given yucky timeslots if TPTB don't like them.

And the judging is unfair and biased.

Top Chef folks think Padma is at the very least smoking pot and is high the whole time.

And that the shows are edited in order to push the Chosen One.

Same for Design Star.

heee....funniest comment, regarding Vern Yip's criticism of a room - that the room was only ten votive candles set way too close to a wall short of being a Vern Yip room.

CMSU.

I think that most of the reality shows just really want good ratings for themselves, they are going to do the same thing every year until no one is watching. The food network doesn't really need that many next new hosts, HGTV doesn't really need a plethora of design star shows. Just ratings for ad revenue.

Same for AI at this point.

On the other hand, I am oddly taken with Clean House and hate when Niecey Nash (or however it is spelled) is not the host. I think they just borrowed her from Reno 911.

At first I was shocked at the nastiness on several sides last night, elsewhere, but then a post elsewhere this morning reminded me that it was just the usual agendas'r'us gone wild. On several fronts. No surprises, except at the determined, if entirely predictable, concertedness of some things.

Anyway, I am a Clay fan, not a "fan" of any particular board, so it is all good. If this board turned into a real negative board I would just skip merrily away, fandom intact!

Thanks for all the beautimous pictures!

eta - keepingfaith, I don't know if you are referring to my post, but I went waaaay past anger into WTF? and then amusement quite a while ago.

This keeps running through my head for some reason ....

Words said in anger aimed at someone are hard to take back once the damage is done. Let's stop now.

A good and appropriate one....where did that come from again? HEH

now ALAWH is stuck in my head...thats quite nice actually...

Word of warning! Do not go into your attic in Houston in the middle of the summer.......even if it is 6 in the morning!

I was freakin' hot up there. Next time the eHP comes over I know where we can get a sauna!!!

Yesterday certainly was an interesting day in the Clay fandom! Is the full moon gone?

The question of the day is if it is 7am in Houston what time is it in California and do you think the eHP would like it if I gave them a quick wake-up call? (Hee we're not called evil for nothing!!!) Na better not, their paybacks are hell!!

What are you talking about? We've been up since 4:15. You know that whenever there's something interesting going on anywhere in the fandom we're on it, vacation or no vacation?!!

Miss ya!!!

Good Morning!

Raining like crazy today off and on. Really gray right now.

BUT! We did see a hummingbird at the window feeder I just put up yesterday!!! Amazing creatures!

Nope. No camera handy, we were having breakfast. I put up another in the front. I know the only way I'll get a pic is through the window and the front one is screened, so I don't know if I'll get lucky! Fun to watch though.

*crossing fingers for a hummingbird picture sometime*

Couchie, Solo says that the wet spot she created can be washed off and there was no bed or sleeping arrangements involved in any way. :cryingwlaughter:

KF some words are not being said in anger, but in cold calculating ways to troll a board - it happens where you don't have mods - that and when some people can not see thatmenness is not snark, but just plain meanness - sometimes it is hard to distinguish between people who call themselves fans and haters - and I say this to indicate the over the top defenders as well, the haters love to play that role although it is nt the same starring part. that is why we get to post certain emoticons like :fooling::believe: :whatacrock: :liarpantsonfire::herewegoagin::feedtroll::fca: :dumb_people: :boo-hoo: :pantyout: :fssign: :ohthedrama: :asshat: :fuckoff: :blinkies_114: :stfu:

We are well prepared here

of course I could not find my favorite one j34.gif

Good morning. Sounds lik the eHP'ers are having a great time in the Bay Area. The weather is awesome right now, too!

The Culinary Academy doesn't serve strange foods - just pretty much normal food served in a variety of beautiful and interesting ways! The presentation is so good sometimes you hate to cut or bite into whatever it is you're eating! But Scarlett is right - the dessert tables are a sight to behold!

I still don't know what all the issues were elsewhere yesterday - I'm assuming it was that Clay has walked away from his career. Now how on earth could anybody determine that when we haven't heard a word from the man - other than UNICEF - in quite awhile! He's doing what he said he would be doing.....

The bear is back - but not on my property yet. Young girl across the street with two small children - and a husband that works nights - heard a noise on her porch last night and walked over to the door only to see the bear standing looking in her living room through the screen door! She yelled at it, waved her arms - nothing. Finally she slammed the door, ran around closing windows, called Fish & Game, called the sheriff's office, called her husband at work - etc. F&G won't do anything unless the bear breaks in and/or is a threat to humans. Well WTF do they call a threat? So the whole neighborhood is up in arms. I'm afraid one of these mountain men is going to take a shot at the bear and hit something he shouldn't. But it seems pretty lame we have to put up with it until it decides to move on. No Clay content in this paragraph - just sitting here feeling incredulous that this is happening and the authorities won't do anything about it!

Bwahahaha :cryingwlaughter: Clay's "little buddha belly!" After being so skinny all his life that must have been interesting for him! But those cargo shorts....holy moley, he got his money's worth out of them, didn't he? I wonder if they're still in the Aiken wardrobe!

I'm beginning to think that snark is overdone. It's delicious as a side dish, but as a main course it can cause indigestion and acid reflux.

Now, I can bitch, mind you. Don't get me started on TV. A couple of nights ago I clicked through a couple of hundred TV channels and there was no live programming on even one of them. Even the cable news channels were canned. I believe people are hungry for entertainment and news actually happening in the here and now, which is why AI and Dancing have been ratings juggernauts, and why people watch live awards shows, and why cable news streams "Breaking News" across the screen no matter how insignificant the story. I was never a fan of variety-type shows in the past, but I think a live entertainment show could be huge. The day is approaching when the public at large will tire of the manipulations of "reality" TV, which is just as canned as CNN Headline News.

The day is approaching when the public at large will tire of the manipulations of "reality" TV, which is just as canned as CNN Headline News.

OMG you mean it isn't real! It's "real"!!!! Wow,who knew! Yes!! (Where's the pumping fist emoticon when you need it) Snark is alive and well!!!

Now I know why we get more visitors when we argue fuss and fight :hysterical::hysterical:

No kidding ... :cryingwlaughter:

But seriously?

We're the "mean" board? WTF?

I've always seen his JNT's as that kind of outlet for him.

edited to remove unnecesary drivel...*g*

---

One poster's discussion always seems to be another poster's agenda. Just sayin'. Agenda is a word that has a very negative connotation on the boards and I don't think throwing it around is a good way to have productive discussion. JMO. I was reading poster's having a discussion about having a discussion, which to me is sometimes a healthy necessity in a community.

snipped out a few things but wanted to say..I love you Jamar LOL

Death, taxes and you making a funny comment about needing to edit - 3 things in life that are certain.

Good point about YWT and JNT ..I hadn't really put it together before and I think you're right.

I agree about the word agenda and many of the points being made in discussion and that it's necessary sometimes. My spidey sense about how things are going can be off sometimes... maybe in some form we can discuss in chat. I think we did hot button words before... I'm old, can't remember :hysterical:

This keeps running through my head for some reason ....

Words said in anger aimed at someone are hard to take back once the damage is done. Let's stop now.

yeah....there is that no turning back point sometimes and it's sad. For the most part I think posting style and personality clashes happen here - I know agenda when I see it. Many times when it comes to Clay boards people say things to push other's buttons...not really about Clay at all. It's territorial rights about what that board is going to be. That's my opinon anyway. Anyway, I mean it when I say if you have issues or thoughts about the board to pm me. There's a thread here somewhere too. People are also free to start threads on subjets that interest them or come play in some of the threads that get attention like that Jobs one heh. I really love the laughter thread that was started. I know the feeling that you have no say in how a board is run -- and you can't please everyone or legislate content but still feedback can be helpful.

For those that don't use VIEW NEW POSTS... you're missing some nice pictures in the new ehP in SF thread.

Speaking of which...THEY CALLED ME ALREADY...hee but I was up. eHP if you're logged on I should be on my way by 9 or a bit after.

ETA: The grassy knoll threads on TWoP on various boards are some of my favorites. Some of it is so over the top though. I enjoy reality shows for what they are -- normally good entertainment. When audiences are voting I don't believe they are fixed ... yes influence can be applied ... but I also think people have brains of their own. With SYTYCD for instance I do think that FAVORITE DANCER is not the same as BEST DANCER. I know Will is a great dancer and probably better than a lot of people there but he does absolutely nothing for me, like Danny last year.

I have basically missed this entire week. I am worn down to a nub.

However, I have brought a Get Well gift for ldyjocelyn

334082215_BVZTh-L.jpg

Smiling Clay with Glasses!!!

I figure it should make you feel a lot better!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: That's a fantastic picture, and yes, it made me feel a heck of a lot better!

33305432-M.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen that picture before! He's so adorable there.

I watched a movie with my husband last night ("The Aristocats" -- yes, the Disney cartoon), and missed everything. Thank God. It seems to be, from what little I've gleaned over the years, is that some need to create drama on the boards, just for entertainment value. Basically, boredom sets in.

When I'm bored like that...well, shoot. I pull out some clack to watch. I watched one of my scruffy best of the DCAT DVD's yesterday -- the one with annabear's Asheville clip. God, he's so funny.

Anyway, I think it's time to catch up on some X-Files episodes before the movie next weekend, and then...I'm going to attempt a shower. Need it badly, but it should be very interesting.

eHP, have a great time today with couchie. Don't wear her out. *g*

The weather's been wonderful!!! (some people think it's a tad too cold, though) :cryingwlaughter:

The dessert table was beautiful! Also beautiful in a different way were the fresh fruits in the farm market -- I got 3 baskets of blackberries and was about to pick a box of the juiciest plums I've ever tasted so I got a bag of those instead.

I hope they don't do anything terrible to the bear... teddy_bear.gif

Maybe it's because I'm on vacation with lots of sunshine and water (the ocean's my Tara) but my current motto is "if people are upset that means they still care".

ldyj, we'll take good care of couchie!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Okay - this has me wondering. Didn't he sing You Were There during NAT? Wasn't that the song he thought the Disney people would object to and he said he was determined to sing it anyway? I thought Good News was the JNT song..... But remember - I'm old and forgetful!

Couch - I'm with ya' on Will. He probably is one of the best dancers evah on that show but his personality is kind of non-existent. It does bother me a titch that the Debbie Allen connection keeps getting mentioned. I think if I were one of the other dancers I would think "the fix" was in. But like all reality shows - it IS a popularity contest more than the best dancer contest. IF I voted it would be more for who entertains me the most - the whole package - because I couldn't tell you who the best dancer was....

scarlett what a way to find the silver lining.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

speaking of juicy plums there is this really different plum that hubby bought in the store...a pluot...never saw it before but the color is strange. Inside its blood red ...outside its a mixture of olive green and purple. BUT it is very very juicy ...and sweet. I bit into one last night and almost ruined my shirt since the juice was all over me.

What is very popular here right now is wild strawberries. Apparently its for sale for 80 bucks a gallon. They are really wild people go to fields and stoop for hours picking them (pretty much like people working in the rice fields). They are small but very very sweet. it can take close to 3 hours to pick enough for A jar of jam...but it is sooooo good.

so have fun eHP and couchie...looking forward to your reports...specially about food.hee

take lots of pictures!!!

And lastly, the ONLY picture of Clay with glasses I have ever liked!

clay_aiken.jpg

That is one of my favorite pictures ever! It's right up there with Roller Coaster Clay.

I totally missed the angst last night. What could possibly be wrong now? Oy

Gosh. (tm King Arthur) Is there a full moon out tonight? :huh: I must have missed a memo or a text message or some writing on the wall somewhere along the way...

annabear, yes, there's a full moon out tonight (July 18). :cryingwlaughter:

I noticed that as I looked out the window before I went to bed last night - gave me a giggle! :lol:

Thank you for the beautiful pictures as always. Missing you terribly and though I know we keep missing each other just barely -- from Knitter's Connection in Columbus to here in the Bay Area, tho' I love that you took my spot on the final Spam weekend -- I'm looking forward to the time we do meet!!! :thbighug-1:

Aww, me too! :F_05BL17blowkiss: You and the other members of the eHP visiting SanFran and MsCouchie, have FUN! As if I need to say that! :cryingwlaughter:

of course I could not find my favorite one j34.gif

I love it! :hysterical:

Guess I should go to bed since I have to get up at dawn apparantly. But need to wash clothes. what to do what to do.

I think I'll go watch funny Clay clack again!

Always - ALWAYS - a good choice! :D

Everyone have a good weekend! It's HOT and we have an air quality alert in effect here, so I won't be spending much time outside. I do need to head to Target, though. And I think I might have to hit a yarn/fabric/craft store..... Some food shopping might be called for, too - all this talk of the Cullinary Intstitute and Farmer's Markets and restuarants is making me HUNGRY!

Oh - and this CUTE guy?

Spamgreensweater215.jpg

He'll be back. No worries. That other guy too. :wub:And probably that sweater too! :hysterical:

Oh my Lord!

I just watched the Asheville banter BGB intro clip.

Thank you to whoever posted that last night.

That man is FUN-NEE!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I was there that night, but I was NOT in the front. And being short stuff that I am I missed A LOT!

I had no idea Clay had "touched" Quiana and that's what got him laughing so much he had to "step away" for a second!

You know - I LOVE Clay and his Stage Team!

Q & A, Jesse - whoever he tours with ends up being part of his Schtick and it's HYSTERICAL!

That was a funny night! The moths, the bats! I though Angie would cough up a kidney when she realized there were bats!

And Quiana and her Blackup Singers comment just CMSU!

:crying1:

I wanna go to a concert!!!!

Oh my Lord!

I just watched the Asheville banter BGB intro clip.

Thank you to whoever posted that last night.

That man is FUN-NEE!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I was there that night, but I was NOT in the front. And being short stuff that I am I missed A LOT!

I had no idea Clay had "touched" Quiana and that's what got him laughing so much he had to "step away" for a second!

You know - I LOVE Clay and his Stage Team!

Q & A, Jesse - whoever he tours with ends up being part of his Schtick and it's HYSTERICAL!

That was a funny night! The moths, the bats! I though Angie would cough up a kidney when she realized there were bats!

And Quiana and her Blackup Singers comment just CMSU!

:crying1:

I wanna go to a concert!!!!

Me too, Cotton! I remember :lmaosmiley-1: but I didn't remember the details of some of the banter. The church and meat rack comments are hillarious as well! :hysterical:

Don't take offense here Iseeme[/b[, but IMO you moved into the bears neighborhood and your neighbor was probably sending cooking scents out those open windows - The bear was there first. I remember reading about a mother that was outragd that her young daughter was eaten by a mountain lion, but she and her husband moved into a remote area in the ountains to live it was their choice and then they expected their child o go out and play in the fenced in yard. Picet fences do not keep out mountain lion - then she lobbied for all mountain lions in the mountains to be killed. My stand is if you want to live in the suburbs, move to an existing area - if you want to live in the wild, you take your chances. This probably sounds too harsh, but if you get this bear killed there will be another taking it's place until there are no bears left.

Which gives me a wonderful opportunity to whine about my neighbors again. I used o live in a very old part of town where most houses were over 100 years ld and surrouded by 500 and 300 year old oak trees which the residence appreciated for their coolness on hot days. Well... I have watched the neighborhood change and watch tree after tree fall, the finishing touch was my neighbors who paved their big back yard and buld a fake water fall for their real coy - all their trees were down, well, I joined a group and we lobbied the city and now have a rule where you can not cut down a tree that has not been planted in the last 20 years without being fined - unfortunately the file in only 100 dollars. I think we need to work harder. Let's just say there are about 3 of us on the block left with slightly wooded lots. And we deal with the possum, raccon, squirrels, field mice, skunks, newts, owls and blue jays (most vicious animal on earth net to the green head fly!). We don't have deer as they could not survive the traffic, we don't have any wild animal bigger than a muskrat and beaver, but hey I am in a pretty urban area. Still, I respect the skunks and let them live and they let me and my dogs live.

About Clay? Well he is such a regular guy offtage, even carrying his own luggage an wearing the same clothes over and voer - I wonder if he has a cargo shorts investment?

<snip>But those cargo shorts....holy moley, he got his money's worth out of them, didn't he? I wonder if they're still in the Aiken wardrobe!

:hysterical: I think you can BET on it!! :hysterical:

Many times when it comes to Clay boards people say things to push other's buttons...not really about Clay at all. It's territorial rights about what that board is going to be. That's my opinon anyway.

Mine too!

I was sitting right behind Quiana's Mom and Dad, and I had no idea either. What makes me REALLY laugh is that he should be so embarrassed (sp?) about it. You'd think after all these years touring together they'd have seen some things, y'know? And I know they're really good friends.

In some ways, he's still really naive....and I think it's totally adorable.

...and ah, Cotton, I'm so mising a tour too! I have to take some vacation time in August and I don't quite know what to do with myself!

Speaking of which....part of my territory is the Canadian Maritimes (ie, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland/Labrador). I'm thinking I might do my trip to New Brunswick (which usually takes 4 days) then drive down to Maine.

Here's a visual....NB/ME

It's only a short drive from either Fredericton or Saint John.

But.....does anyone have any input as to cool things to do in Maine for a week? Other than driving along the coast obviously, which I certainly intend to do. Things I really should see? Places to spend a couple of days?

I'm enjoying myself tremendously - Continental even gave me 'n Scarlett a free tour of the Oakland runaway!

I am keeping my eye on my board requirements - be entertaining dammit!

and so far Scarlett has only been in front of window dancing mostly nekkid once!