#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

hello from the beach!!,! access on this phone is iffy at the beach but we are currentl in rohobeth having lunch at a brew pub. having a great time, but will never catch up on the board!

TTFN!

OOooh! cha cha! I LIVED in Rehoboth Beach for 7 years when I taught high school English in a town inland from there about 18 miles. I know it's really changed since I was there, though. What's the name of the brew pub? I've probably made some memories there. :whistling-1:

hey muski - the name of the brew pub is Dog Fish Head Brewery. Sorry I did n't say so before - I was in a hurry!! And I also misspelled Rehobeth!!Now I'm back on the borrowed laptop but my time is very limited - there are people breathing down my neck!!

calurker --We don't have any margaritas here but we have some growlers full of Lawnmower brew!! Having one in a couple of mins!

:00003653: to PLAYBILLER AND CAROLINA CLAY!!!

He's got great rhythmic shoulders......You know...these shoulders....

unicef6.jpg

I don't remember seeing this - what was it from, the Mexico trip?

~

I'm sorry to say that I seldom have time to read the discussions here, let alone participate. There are some great discussions. By the time I read them, they're last week's news.

I do, however, browse the pictures quite often. :whistling-1:

I'm on this nightmare flight that circles forever and runs out of fuel, lands in Oakland just to get gas, finally gets us to San Francisco three hours late because half the people said bleep it and got off at Oakland ... And Iseeme is drinking and having cake with calurker ???

KAndre and I did think of getting off at Oakland and then calling for "good friends" to drive us to SFO to pick up my luggage (it was ok to check things since there isn't a concert)...but we were more puzzled about how many planes were circling ahead of us at SFO that they didn't think we could make it there from Oakland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gcCk-rxoME

Talking of dancing......I love this video!

Ooooh, thanks for the link, I had never seen that before. Gotta love it. And thanks, lotus, for the old but new Aladdin era interview, too! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm starting to get into this gym thing although I'd have to go every day for the rest of my life to recoup the amount I've paid in fees over the years while not going.

Hee, I hear ya! I haven't stepped foot in the gym since the nice weather started here, yet they keep taking my monthly payment. WTF? :cryingwlaughter:

TGIF everyone! Gotta fill in for my co-worker on vacation today, so not much internet time. Then whip through the grocery store, head home, finish packing, and I'm outta here until next Tuesday! But I will be able to check in from the hotel's free wireless tomorrow, thank goodness.

Hee, my mom called me last night, all concerned the she'd heard some rumour about the Macca concert being cancelled because some people weren't happy about it. WTF ever. Not gonna happen. Then she was worried because I have such a "long" drive ahead of me. Ummm, it's only 8 hours from Toronto to Quebec City. Peanuts! As compared to the looooooooooong drive to Raleigh I've done a couple of times. :imgtongue:

ETA: I had one of those D1O1! moments this morning. Backtrack to yesterday evening, when my two cats were all over me, meowing, rubbing up against me, as if maybe they were hungry or something. Checked that their bowl was full of food, and they had water to drink. Decided maybe they had it in their heads that they wanted some canned food, but as they'd already had some that morning, said "forget it". Shut my door last night so they wouldn't bug me as I slept. Got up this morning and they were still at it, crying, carrying on, etc. Checked their food bowl, still full. WTF? Checked it again. Hee, yeah, it was filled all right. With dog food. :lmaosmiley-1: Poor kitties!

Good Morning Everyone,

Oh Luckiest1; that is a funny story, but poor kitties indeed!

An other hot day today, but we are supposed to get some rain tonight; I hope so, my poor garden needs it.

Glad to hear the EHP made it safely to California.

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hey, luckiest!

I hope your kitties are over being upset with the Low Class Entree you had in their dish!! But just in case they aren't - read them this!

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving

family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've

become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become

my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or

for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I

didn't need, but looks so avante garde  on my patio. I am entitled  

to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.  I have seen too many  

dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the  

great freedom that comes with aging.  Whose business is it if I  

choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until  

noon?  I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the  

60&70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost  

love .. I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging

body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to,

despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is  

Just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not

break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even  

when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are  

what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart  

never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy  

of being imperfect.  I am so blessed to have lived long enough to  

have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be  

forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never  

laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn  

silver.  As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care  

less about what other people think. I don't question myself  

anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.  So, to answer  

your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the  

person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I  

am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have  

been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert  

every single day. (If I feel like it) 

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP HUMAN/ANIMAL BOND :) NEVER COME APART

ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE A RAINBOW OF SMILES ON YOUR FACE

AND IN YOUR HEART FOREVER AND EVER!

FRIENDS FOREVER!

I'm starting to get into this gym thing although I'd have to go every day for the rest of my life to recoup the amount I've paid in fees over the years while not going.

My new favorite this week is Grace of God..heh. I feel like I keep rediscovering the songs anew. I'm very proud of Clay for this album.

Now I'm going to work.

Does that DO NOT CALL list thingie still work. I am so sick of telemarketers I can just scream. How do I get off all these lists..don't even want to answer my darn phone.

If you have caller ID there is something called privacy director. It was less than a dollar a month. It screens the call and tells you who is calling and gives you the option of hanging up or taking the call. You never have to speak to them. Now I'm switching to cable phone and thats not available. Oh well, but it'll save me $40. a month. :thsmilies-6728:

I always think of going to the gym as just another appointment, like the dentist or getting a haircut. It takes a lot of convincing to make me miss going there. Besides if I exercise I don't feel bad about the dessert I might (probably will) eat at night. Tonight is girl's night out which means pizza and snacks so I'm off to the gym shortly. :28:

Loved the dancing montage, merrieeee!

Funny story, lucky. I hope you have a great time this weekend!

Cotton, I love the piece you posted about getting older. I don't have gray hair, but I'm starting to acquire some of the wisdom and perspective that comes with maturity. It is, indeed, freeing!

Wow, Scarlett, too bad about your flight! I'm glad you finally arrived!

TGIF, indeed! I'm off to work today, and then will enjoy a weekend of kicking back. I'll be going to the gym, too, since I feel better after working out. It helps that hubby and I go together - having a workout buddy makes it more fun.

Good morning.........ummmmmmmmmmmm tell me why I wanted a part time job? Oh yeah, that money stuff. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........And accuweather.com says it's going to be RealFeel 105 today. Another day of frying my brain while I water the plants - twice.

Couchie - even with a Do Not Call any company you have an existing relationship can still call you - unless you tell them to stop. They usually send out a notice once a year, written in legalese and teensy tiny print, that tells you what to do to get them to stop calling. The other thing is - if you just hang up....they will call you back. The best thing to do is to talk to them, find out who it is, tell them not to call you again or you'll turn them in. However, that doesnt' seem to keep the Police Athletic League or some of the charities from calling you. It's horrible. I got a call at 08:00 one morning - and dinnertime on Sunday is a prime time for telemarketers. I put them in the same category as the asshats that write stories for tabloids!

Scarlett and KAndre - ouch, what a wretched trip. Did they at least pass the drink cart a few extra times? I hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly...and, I only had one daiquiri and one leetle bitty slice of cake with calurker. Honest!

ETA: Looked at the dancing uTube - sooooo cute! And also found this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=topnBDdc6w4...feature=related

Good morning all! My hubby is going back to work today, so I'm all alone [tm the King]. Actually, he'll be coming home at noon to check on me, help me get some lunch, and unwrap my leg to see what the heck is going on. I'm actually quite curious to see how big the scars are -- one of them has to be at least 2 cm, because they told my husband that the "chunk of stuff" they took out of me was 2 cm! Yikes!

Gym? Since I hurt my knee almost two months ago, I've had to stop going to the gym. And you know what? I miss it. A lot. I am so looking forward to going back again. I agree with Fear -- it's an appointment for me, regularly scheduled on my calendar. It's the only way to keep at it, IMO.

merrieeee, thanks for that dance clip. Too cute.

Glad to hear the eHP FINALLY made it to their destination. Someone, please have a drink for me!

Well, off to watch one of the Scruffy Best of the DCAT banter DVD's. Good for a laugh, right?

Apparently those UNICEF pictures were from the Holiday Album distributed to donors for a certain amount of money; they were not supposed to be posted.

Kim

Claygasm said:

I could give you my reason for why I think it might be possible that in hindsight Clay thinks including YWT in his pop tour might have been a mistake, but you would just disagree with whatever I said so I will spare everyone my thoughts on the subject!
So, basically, you just don't feel you should be disagreed with? If you post that you are not pleased, you are inviting posts from people who ARE pleased.

I think where a lot of disagreement might spring from is that some of us just like to follow Clay's career, regarding him as a free spirit, and others feel they know what is best for him and/or his career, which IMO kinda dehumanizes him. Anyway, if my friends and family were always regarding everything I do or say in order to tell me what I did wrong, in their own subjective opinion, I would stop hanging around with them. This is life, not a continuation of school, and anyway, what is acceptable or admirable to some is reprehensible or distasteful to others. Since I am not a murderer or a thief, I don't see why my life should be scrutinized and commented on by others. At least to my face. And then there is that judge not, lest ye be judged thingy. I am not religious, but that makes perfect sense and a rule to live by, to me.

Not talking about posts on a board, talking about friends and family.

Oh, and I said "blatantly dishonest" as sort of a play on your "blatantly honest", but I was referring to your statements along the lines of saying that you have trouble believing that people who are not bothered (or outright nauseated) by some of the rumours of Clay's personal life are being straightforward. If you believe people are not being straghtforward about their feelings, that implies to me that you feel they are being dishonest.

IMO, the big mistake about YWT was taking so long to get ready for it - I really really did not like Jacob Luttrel's caterwauling on the sax one little bit. Although I know a lot of other people did. Delusional idiots.

As playbiller has posted, I do wonder what Clay will do next!!!!!!!! I can't wait, because he is just so interesting and unpredictable.

Gonna take my grandson to see Dark Knight today or tomorrow. He is going to visit his other grandma in Colorado for three weeks, leaving on Monday. This is the first time he will be away from me, except for a very few nights, for about 6 or 7 years. This will be v. strange. If he likes it there, we may all move there (Fort Collins), because Florida is not working out so well jobwise (and soon home insurance-wise) for my family here.

ldyj, so happy your operation was uneventful and, it seems, productive! The surgeon gave me pictures of the inside of my knee from my operation. Yikes!

I love that picture of Clay and Faye in Mexico, thank you so much!

Apparently those UNICEF pictures were from the Holiday Album distributed to donors for a certain amount of money; they were not supposed to be posted.

Kim

Kim, I recognized the second one as being from the holiday album - I received one. But I can't find the danged thing on my computer right now! Can't remember the file name and have searched to no avail. I don't remember the one with the baby, though. Although I could certainly be wrong.

I am old and my memory sucks!! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

Thanks for that information. I've removed the pictures above. I was thinking that the one picture of the family looked familiar, but like Cotton, my mind is kinda feeble now (although I suppose I could blame it on the Percocet. *g*)

djs, the doctor gave me a CD-ROM with pictures of my knee too. I may post it later today...

Does that DO NOT CALL list thingie still work. I am so sick of telemarketers I can just scream. How do I get off all these lists..don't even want to answer my darn phone.

A repost of this emoticon for Couchie dcb2194.gif

I still have not gotten over the one that taunted me when I wanted to be put on their no call list - I am already on the state one, but am too cheap to get call waiting. I just don't answer my home phone much anymore. - I got oe telemarketer call on my cell phone and told them they were going to go to jail for that one! heh.

Kim

maybe someone should tell the person who posted it on getclayaiken.com - not a member, so it won't be me.

As playbiller has posted, I do wonder what Clay will do next!!!!!!!! I can't wait, because he is just so interesting and unpredictable.

Sheesh, take my post from another board why don't you?Let me explain it by setting the stage - people were guessing what Clay would do next and mostly it was a variation on things he had already done so I said

have you ever noticed that once Clay has done something , us fans picture him doing the same sort of thing again, but then he goes and does something totally unexpected and different? Like maybe opera or Vegas or a movie or a new book - the man believes in doing the unexpected. I vote for what ever he does next, we will not have predicted it.

You guys got pictures of your knees? My doctor never gave me pictures of mine - he said he would but when I asked he said that he decided that people sue from those pictures so he would not give them out anymore - ditto when he said I would be awake for the operation, I had watched it on TV on the discovery channel and was fascinated, but when I got in there he had me knocked out - he said that there was too much talk about the language in operating rooms so he did not want awake patients anymore. Seems I picked a lemon - when I told other people I went to him ears later , those the knew him said EEeww - he is the worst - but my knee works fine thank you.

KAndre and I did think of getting off at Oakland and then calling for "good friends" to drive us to SFO to pick up my luggage (it was ok to check things since there isn't a concert)...but we were more puzzled about how many planes were circling ahead of us at SFO that they didn't think we could make it there from Oakland.

jee eeel etA cuz what the hell is a jee eeel..LOL I meant EEEEK heee

you know I only live 5 minutes from the Oakland airport....I could have zoomed you to your hotel in 1/2 an hour. :hysterical: Glad you made it safely!

Oh man Iseeme. PAL is a joke. My mom gave to them so they love calling. But I told her no donations, nothing for awhile so she told them no..but they would call every day, several times a day. I didn't pick up the phone cuz I do have caller ID and they are one of the few that their actual name will come up. So I told my mom to pick it up the next time they call and tell them to take you off the list. Well that's when the real headache began because they have some sort of automatic dialer and I swar for a month we'd pick up and then the phone would disconnect. Finally we got a person and I told him to stop harrassing us. We have no money and when we do we'll give you some of it ok? LOL. So the best he could do was take us off the automatic call list for 6 months. Lord I'd love to get a new number and start all over but we've had this number for darn near 15 years. Bank of America is the absolute worst with their telemarketing. How much damn insurance does a person need? Or credit card protection. Geesh.

Hmmm I never would have recognized that cap. It's cute. I'm not a hat person but did buy the bucket which my mom promptly took from me. My hoodie from JNT is still my favorite bit of Clay merchandise. I hope he sells those again.

YWT? :Ahh: LOL

Happy Wednesday Thursday Friday everybody ...

BWAH PLaybiller!

Well, the Amazon UPS delivery video was posted at truckingboards.com, but then the next person had to make a nasty crack - I have no idea why the trucker posted it unless they were doing a celebrity truckers thing. It this in the US thread along with things like UPS driver killed when hit by freight train - well, duh.

Holy shit, I'm three rounds behind in the Broad's contest. Link here: LBFCA.

Round 14: Kid Clay singing STO with "Just By Chance" versus Solitaire AI3. Kid Clay is so cute--and hawt, if you happen to be really, really young. All the classic Clay is there already--hot potato with the mike, broad shoulders, many of the mannerisms, and, of course, the VOX. But then there's Solitaire in black, all black, and that beautiful smile at the end. Solitaire by a hair.

Round 15 is 50s medley JBT (Vermont) vs AI2 tour Invisible (OMG OMG What is that?). Much as I love that historical moment, I'll go with the grown-up 50s medley Clay without question.

Yikes! Final round of round 1 is AI2 Solitaire vs Tears Run Dry. I picked TRD by a hair, but this one was really hard. He looked so gorgeous on AI that night, and he took his performance to a new level. But I love TRD. And I already voted for Solitaire once.

So in all three cases, I went with the man over the kid. Yum.

From the site:

This is the last match of Round 1. The polls will be open until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week and then they'll be closed so we can move on to the Sweet Sixteen! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Yay, it's only 8 am here!!!

ldj, glad you're fine and resting!

Cotton, I wanted to re-quote your post to Luckiest's cats but I messed it up. Thanks for posting it, though. It gave me a huge smile!!!

Thanks for the hugs and nice words about the flight, aikim, Gibby, ldyjocelyn, Iseeme, Couchie (thinking back, we really should have gotten off at oakland). Iseeme - No, they didn't serve drinks. They didn't even show any movies and the music was off -- which is what really got me because OMWH was on the list, they even had Clay's picture on the inflight magazine!!! :cry4: "one leetle bitty slice of cake with calurker. Honest!" Well you could have saved it for me since all I had to eat the entire day yesterday were animal crackers and that "pizza" thing Continental serves. Stay cool and safe today (head exhaustion is.not.good)

I think where a lot of disagreement might spring from is that some of us just like to follow Clay's career, regarding him as a free spirit, and others feel they know what is best for him and/or his career, which IMO kinda dehumanizes him. Anyway, if my friends and family were always regarding everything I do or say in order to tell me what I did wrong, in their own subjective opinion, I would stop hanging around with them. This is life, not a continuation of school, and anyway, what is acceptable or admirable to some is reprehensible or distasteful to others. Since I am not a murderer or a thief, I don't see why my life should be scrutinized and commented on by others. At least to my face. And then there is that judge not, lest ye be judged thingy. I am not religious, but that makes perfect sense and a rule to live by, to me.

Not talking about posts on a board, talking about friends and family.

<snip>

djs, been wanting to quote you all day yesterday but this is my first time to post on a real keyboard... thanks! If I weren't here, I'd be watching Dark Knight too -- on IMAX at 1:30 am (because all the IMAX shows were sold out in Houston). Have fun! I'm looking forward to reading your review.

you know I only live 5 minutes from the Oakland airport....I could have zoomed you to your hotel in 1/2 an hour. :hysterical: Glad you made it safely!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: So glad to be spending this weekend with you!!!

I never saw this..OMWH in a Korean Olympics commercial? If you haven't seen it ..I found it in Carolina Clay's blog. Scroll down a bit. heee it's perfect for that. I love it!

Is it possible to hold triple (as opposed to dual) citizenship? I've only been to Seoul airport but if they'll take me, I'll study Korean too!

ETA: Belated HBD to CarolinaClay and playbiller! (and thanks for the Korean link, CC!)