#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

LOVE the banner!! Loved the contest, it was great fun, and thanks so much to ldyj and all those involved. My favoritest-ever :wub: got knocked out a few days ago...but I love anything which pictures Clay with the possible exception of the Jenna Bush pic which will haunt him forever. :lol:

8 days.

Yikes!!

...and now....the moment you've all been waiting for....:)

We are still #1 at the Christie Cookie contest with about 700 votes up on our nearest rival. That could melt away fast when a lot of people head off to the Gala and are unable to vote while they travel....so PLEASE continue to vote. If you have emails you have not used, or can create additional ones to use, PLEASE VOTE. If you have friends you have not asked to vote ALL their emails....PLEASE ASK. This means $10,000 for the Project's programs in 2010.

We are #5 today on the Daily portion of America's Giving Challenge :( You DO NOT need to be a Facebook member to "vote and donate" on this challenge. Remember that the amount of your donation is not the decider....the NUMBER of donations is. Minimum donation is $10, to place a vote. This is just such a hugely beneficial return on a $10 daily or every-couple of days investment in this contest...$1000 for every day we win, and $50,000 for an overall win.

We won Day 1

We are #1 in the overall by only 7 votes, which could disappear quickly if a rival power votes.

Please help if you are able to do so! :)

I have about 20 old VHS tapes with Clay TV appearances recorded on them, from 2003 to 2006, and also about a dozen TV Guides and maybe 20 to 25 other magazines that have Clay mentions but do not have Clay on the cover or a major article about him. I received these as part of a deceased Clay fan's clack estate (she was a great grandma, BTW) which contained lots of nice things that I was able to find a home for, but these remaining things have been sitting in my back room for a couple of years now. Anyone want them?? Free for cost of postage. Otherwise, painful as it is for this pack rat, they're going into the trash.

I would be open to the VHS tapes, simply because there may be things on there that we don't have in the vaults? OR perhaps they might be a better version, if those vids in the vaults were captured off VHS too.

Yikes! Don't throw them out jmh!!!

Could you bring them to the gala or are you flying? I'm glad GDG spoke up cuz then we can watch em at cluncheons, lol. :04:

Can you tell us some of the mags?

You could always put some on ebay and donate whatever you make to NIP.

I was surprised but pleased to get any takers at all.

We have a whole vault full of clack. I also have a set of DVDs of every Clay appearance ever.

The magazines, I repeat, have no Clay cover (or a little picture of him along with 14 other teen pop stars), no major story within. They're just old magazines that mentioned Clay somewhere inside. I can't see these selling for anything on eBay but maybe I'm wrong, because they are all spoken for and were grabbed in a hurry.

I have more stuff I'll list later (all duplicates, not getting rid of my clack, don't worry, just cleaning house). I have so many boxes of clack it ain't funny.

If anyone wants to listen to some great eclectic music, my favorite radio station wxpn out of philly is playing their final top 50 songs of all times as submitted by the listeners. Their music skews alternative but the mix that is playing is fantastic. The list is 885 songs long and they are now at #48 Baba o"riley. I always call it Teenage Wasteland. Steely Dan's Aja up next.

They stream xpn.org

ETA: Just had to add, and I already posted it, but that banner is gorgeous.

If you go to forums.clayonline.com it will take you to the message board; there is a condolence thread there.

Kim

So sad for Clay and his family. But after these many years with alzheimers, I'm sure he was ready to go. The family, I'm sure has many wonderful memories.

I saved your BSOB picture cindilu. Gorgeous! I was happy to be there to see Clay sing to his Granddad. I think this fandom is so lucky to have these great moments. And so many of them are preserved in video from many angles.

My condolences to Clay and his family. I love that he and his Papa were close all these years. :hug:

I'm sure I already have your wonderful "Beautiful Star" graphic, cindilu2; but I saved it again. :wub:

In another vein, love the new banner, 'mam! :clap: :clap:

You can get into the OFC from Papa's page. At the tribute page, right click on "terms of service" at the bottom and open a new tab. You can then click on Fan HQ for the blog pages or the Message Board link. There are currently 115 fans on the blog side.

Have a good weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

I want Decca Dude back, lol. (CF hates being almost the only fan in clayland that doesn't like that picture...except for the crotch part, lol. I want to like it because I know that I'm supposed to like it but I just can't :( ) But the banner is put together nicely and the crotch part is nice and the letter is cool.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to everyone here in Canada!

A new blog for the holiday, with a new montage ALAWH

Thanks for your visits!!

Clay the Man - Happy Thanksgiving Canada

thanksgivingCA.gif

I'll try to have a quick peek. Gotta go do a couple of washes and pack for Sat, Sun and Monday in Toronto with Nickikiwi. Weird way to spend a Thanksgiving Weekend but it's OK. We don't do Thankgiving much at my house anyhow.

If you go to forums.clayonline.com it will take you to the message board; there is a condolence thread there.

Kim

Really. All I was getting was the tribute picture on the main page.

AniTurkey_HappyTurkeyDay_valMA81105.gif

HAPPYT1.gif

CTHANK1.gif

pccturk3.jpg

IMAGE01.gif

You can get into the OFC from Papa's page. At the tribute page, right click on "terms of service" at the bottom and open a new tab. You can then click on Fan HQ for the blog pages or the Message Board link. There are currently 115 fans on the blog side.

I'm not quite sure why we'd WANT to do that when the intention was clearly to close the site in honor of Clay's Papa? Surely we can honor that wish for this short time.