#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

I sure do miss Clay. Haven't seen him live since Kalamazoo Christmas concert- 2 years ago tomorrow!

Wow, how time flies. That was a fun trip. I hope we get to celebrate another birthday *with* Clay sometime in the future. As it is, I hope he's having a wonderful day turning 31! :)

From MTV. Com

MTV.com

Clay Aiken (November 30):Even if he didn't win "American Idol," there's no question that Clay Aiken is one of the most successful talents to emerge from Fox's musical phenomenon. From a number of widely acclaimed albums to a hilarious run on Broadway as Sir Robin in "Monty Python's Spamalot," Clay has deservedly earned attention and adoration from fans all around the world. Honestly, there isn't much that Clay hasn't accomplished already in his relatively short career, though I'd personally love to see him try his hand at a rap album. Not only would it be hilarious, but I bet it'd be surprisingly good, too!

I feel like I am in an alternate universe........something nice and funny!

And no mention of "Claymates"! :lol:

Hope our guy is having a wonderful birthday. The Clay blogs are receiving lots of visits from around the globe today. Thank you to those here who have dropped by and wished Clay a Happy Birthday at Carolina On My Mind, which includes lots of clack and Aspiegirl's new OMWH montage. :wub:

Happy Monday, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Click to stream Clay Aiken at MySpace

:04: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY :BlowKiss:

Another positive birthday write up. Even if it does contain reference to some other poser guy ~

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/11/...day-clay-aiken/

Before Adam Lambert, there was Clay Aiken.

Both artists rose to fame on American Idol; both finished second to artists that are unlikely to have more successful careers than these runner-ups; and both are gay.

The latter item is utterly irrelevant, but it does give Lambert and Aiken even more in common. That, however, is where the comparisons ends.

While the former superstar flaunts his sexuality and is known for flamboyant, controversial performances, the latter has quietly carved out a productive career for himself on Broadway and on the sales charts.

:word: TRUE DAT!!! :wub::dadrocks:

My friend and I were going to do some shopping today and then it hit me that 2 years ago we were traveling to see Clay in Kalamazoo. What a great night with third row pit, center, I was in heaven. He looked so good. I hope he has a fantastic day.

My friend and I were going to do some shopping today and then it hit me that 2 years ago we were traveling to see Clay in Kalamazoo. What a great night with third row pit, center, I was in heaven. He looked so good. I hope he has a fantastic day.

Oh, that was a great show! Kalamazoo '07 was wonderful and it had one of my my favorite jazzy medley versions. *sigh!*

I laugh now but my friend was in such an Aiken fog it was fun. It was the first time seeing him at Christmas, and she could not take her eyes off of him. It did help that he was gorgeous that night and sang wonderfully. I made a CD from that concert because I wanted to remember it.

Clay... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

Since it's boring around here...something totally OT.

If anyone is interested in what our bathroom looked like before, during, and after a remodel...click here. We didn't do it all ourselves, the only thing we did was strip wallpaper. I'm totally happy at how it turned out!

lydj... I LOVE your new bathroom. Very cheery color(s).

Hi, I just wanted to check in and say that I'm back. I tried to log in and post from the airport to close my offer but I was getting multiple strange connections so I stopped trying to transmit. This is rather late but PM me if you need any other info. Thanks!

Love your new bath, ldyj! Do we get to see it if there;s a tour stop near your place?

Clayzy, I was sightseeing with a good friend a few weeks ago, just a good friend, but everyday people were offering to take her camera to snap our picture. Maybe they were just being friendly but I thought it was nice.

Great to be home!!!

A few of us had some wild thoughts during an eHP trip recently -- if there ever is a "play against a celebrity team" TAR special, who would win? ehp or Team Clay???!!! What do you think?

Scarlett... eHP would beat Team Clay in a New York minute. You guys have more smarts and imagination than Team Clay (unless you include Clay in Team Clay... then I'd have to think about it a bit). LOL

Well since it is slow, how about some entertainment from that cutesexysingerman ~

Clay, your halo is a wee bit crooked

:flirtysmile3:

tree... I favorited that youtube so fast! I loved it and it reminded me why Clay Aiken is just sooo much fun!!!!!!

From MTV. Com

MTV.com

Clay Aiken (November 30):Even if he didn't win "American Idol," there's no question that Clay Aiken is one of the most successful talents to emerge from Fox's musical phenomenon. From a number of widely acclaimed albums to a hilarious run on Broadway as Sir Robin in "Monty Python's Spamalot," Clay has deservedly earned attention and adoration from fans all around the world. Honestly, there isn't much that Clay hasn't accomplished already in his relatively short career, though I'd personally love to see him try his hand at a rap album. Not only would it be hilarious, but I bet it'd be surprisingly good, too!

I feel like I am in an alternate universe........something nice and funny!

merrieeee.... are you sure that's from MTV.com???? Sounds so unlike them, somehow! Wow!!!!!!

Scarlett... that Kalamazoo Jazzy medley is the one I put on my ipod! G.R.E.A.T.

No Kalamazoo for me...but since I managed to get to the Gala this year, my streak of seeing him every year since 2003 continues! And I look forward to many more times seeing him next year!

Clay, once again, makes the ET Birthday list. Watch it here!

I think I must be in some alternate universe. Good press for Clay, who woulda thought it? It's really nice to hear all these nice mentions and if Decca is responsible for this, I want to kiss everyone there.

Found another positive mention, posted at Conclayve:

http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/pid/2201/

Happy Birthday, Clay Aiken!

Clay Aiken, the popular Season 2 runner-up, has done everything from releasing albums to touring to performing on Broadway to acting on TV. The 31-year-old Raleigh native's more recent debut is becoming a father to son Parker.

After a successful run on American Idol's second season, Clay was signed to RCA Records. He released five albums on the label, the multi-platinum debut album Measure of a Man in 2003, Merry Christmas with Love in 2004, A Thousand Different Ways in 2006, the 2006 EP All Is Well, and On My Way Here in 2008. On March 31, 2009, Clay released Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken, a compilation of some of his greatest hits which included "Solitaire" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water," songs that Clay sang as a contestant on American Idol.

Clay has launched eight tours and authored a New York Times best-selling book called Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life. He's also had a number of television appearances including the 2004 televised Christmas special A Clay Aiken Christmas which he also executive produced, Scrubs, Saturday Night Live, and 30 Rock. In January of 2008, Clay made his Broadway debut as Sir Robin in Monty Python's Spamalot. We caught up exclusively with Clay in 2008 to learn more about his role in Spamalot. Read the interview.

Before becoming an American Idol superstar, Clay tutored a child with autism. Due to his passion to help children with autism, Clay co-founded the National Inclusion Project in 2003 with the mother of the boy he tutored. In 2004, Clay was appointed to National Ambassador for the U.S. Fund for UNICEF, and in 2006 he was appointed for a two-year term to the Presidential Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities. UNICEF has sent Clay to countries around the world.

This month, Clay posted a blog that revealed he's been traveling to record music for his new album. "I am quite happy with what we are doing this time, and extremely satisfied with the direction we are headed in on this album," Clay said.

Happy Birthday, Clay!

I think I must be in some alternate universe. Good press for Clay, who woulda thought it? It's really nice to hear all these nice mentions and if Decca is responsible for this, I want to kiss everyone there.

http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/pid/2201/

Happy Birthday, Clay Aiken!

Clay Aiken, the popular Season 2 runner-up, has done everything from releasing albums to touring to performing on Broadway to acting on TV. The 31-year-old Raleigh native's more recent debut is becoming a father to son Parker.

After a successful run on American Idol's second season, Clay was signed to RCA Records. He

Happy Birthday, Clay!

All this positive press for Clay couldn't come on a better day. He so deserves these wonderful birthday posts. If Decca is responsible, Clay and his "nation" are in for an awesome ride! :04:

Whoa! *looks out the window for the pretty blue moon* What a pleasant surprise to read such nice birthday notices for our boyfriend. And from MTV no less? *double checks window*

It's been one c.r.a.z.y. day for me (made infinitely better when my bud luckiest1 saved the day with help and dinner!) and I just realized I had five minutes left to wish my favourite singer/entertainer/humanitarian a very happy birthday. Is it tacky to wish for something for ME on HIS birthday? Gonna anyway. (Not telling what it is so it will come true)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAY! :04:

Well damn! I missed it by a minute. Sowwy!

:GM_FCA:

61 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Argh....I am gonna be the last twitter hold out, I swear.....I heard yesterday on the radio that the most popular word this year, according to some survey of media, was "twitter". Still makes me think of birds.

heee...I'll be right there with you. I opened a twitter account for a project I was doing. Every now and then I'd get notification that I was being followed so finally deleted the whole thing. I'd probably like it if I gave it a chance but I really love facebook and never have time for it. My brother was here for the weekend and he came to facebook after me and he's all building farms and everything. I'm looking at him like what the hell is that..and it's on facebook?

So it's almost 2010. I wonder when we'll start hearing about Clay's album. January? February?

Argh....I am gonna be the last twitter hold out, I swear.....I heard yesterday on the radio that the most popular word this year, according to some survey of media, was "twitter". Still makes me think of birds.

One more twitter holdout checking in! I set up an account for something or other we were doing to do with Clay and haven't used it at all. Those who "follow" me must be mighty disappointed!! :lol:

Facebook, OTOH, I love and am right addicted to....not a farmer or fishkeeper or cafe owner though...I have enough to do in real life.

One more twitter holdout checking in! I set up an account for something or other we were doing to do with Clay and haven't used it at all. Those who "follow" me must be mighty disappointed!! :lol:

Facebook, OTOH, I love and am right addicted to....not a farmer or fishkeeper or cafe owner though...I have enough to do in real life.

I too have a twitter account -- which I use to mostly follow a few celebrities (including Clay!!). I've also got my twitter account linked to my Facebook account -- so when I DO update twitter (HA HA) it will also update my FB status. I've read there are ways to do the other (from FB TO twitter) and selectively at that, but haven't investigated further.

And I don't play Farmville or Mafia Wars or Fishville. I too, try to have a life. LOL!

Topic: wonder if Clay plays Farmville? Hee.

I didn't like Twitter at first but I've seen its avantages.

Case 1:

Last summer MiniScarlett went to France for a month. I set her up with a phone and a $50 data plan. She was able to send me constant updates through tweets from just about everywhere - even remote mountain villages in the Pyrenees. That entire month there was only 1 place where she had trouble connecting and it was in some truly inaccessible shrine. And she didn't go over the plan. It was quick, fast, cheap and she didn't have to learn Azerty.

Case 2:

A few months later I visited some cities in Asia for a week. Before leaving, I put myself on the same data plan figuring that although my usage was probably a bit higher I'd be gone for only a week instead of a month so it should be ok. The big difference was that unlike MiniScarlett who only used e-mail and Twitter, I also connected to FCA, Facebook and several other apps. Well, 3 days into the trip I received an e-mail from AT&T "gently" alterting me that I'd already used up about 5 times the data covered by the plan. (BTW, if this happens to you just call AT&T, ask them to put you in a higher data plan and have them backdate it to the start of your trip -- yes they'll do it, ask nicely) *shakes head* What can I say? Those first few days I had a solid 3.5G connection and it all went to my head, er my fingers.

So, these are some advantages I see to using Twitter on the go:

- more available/accessible than waiting on and/or searching for a free WiFi connection

- it's available for emergencies

- it costs less per update than most other ways of keeping in touch

ETA:

I'm only starting out on Farmville but my plants keep dying on me. I don't have any neighbors yet -- if you're playing, would you please be my neighbor?

-- if you're playing, would you please be my neighbor?
Awww, that sounds like a Mr. Rogers quote. Close enough :)

It's like six degrees of separation with Clay. hee

Ok, maybe I need to get a life or :needclay:

My daughter's family does the Farmville thing. DD says it has done a lot to teach her son about time mangement and planning. I talked to him about it one day. He bent my ear about what crops paid off quickly with little effort (avocados) and which ones needed more tending to pay off. He also noted the importance of timing the harvest with his real life schedule. One lost crop taught that lesson.

:GA_FCA:

Earlier this afternoon I uploaded a new Carolina On My Mind blog that features some of the great press Clay received yesterday, graphics (by Ashes, ACA, and cindilu2), and lists the 134 countries that have visited the journal this year. Our guy is definitely a worldwide star!

Hope you enjoy. Thank you for your comments, retweets, and all the birthday greetings you posted for Clay in the previous entry. This is a clickable of the new blog's lead graphic by Ashes (photo by PermaSwooned):

th_Ashes_cityLts1.jpg

Clickable by Ashes

Have an awesome afternoon or -- if you're in the eastern time zone -- evening! :BlowKiss: