#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

God, it's like watching AI Clay in the world's most amazing time machine. The mannerisms, the little smile at the end of the song when he knows he's nailed it. Everything. He's everything he was then, times about a billion. The man is made of awesome.

cindi... I second this for a thread title!

I have watched the youtube as often as I can here at work and... W.O.W.!!! Not only did he look terrific, sound terrific but the whole thing just looked so classy that I was impressed and I knew sorta what was coming from everyone's descriptions after the show. There was one tiny moment when he looked almost identical to the last pics we have of Parker... so gorgeous and cute at the same time.

I got my LA ticket. It's row J, but that's the first row of the second section, so it should be pretty dang good. I get in from Reno at 2pm, run home, change and get to wherever there is a pre-party for LA. Sounds like a weekend to me. I'm so excited... I just can't fight it (tm someone or other)... LOL

Thanks for all of your amazing screen caps. I keep going back and looking at them. Lots. :flirtysmile3::flirtysmile3:

I'm glad you guys enjoyed them! When the subject is so photogenic, it's a pleasure to click through the PBS video in half second intervals to look for good screenshots. :wub:

There are were some brief snippets posted at the OFC. Mack the Knife, Suspicious Minds, and Can't Take My Eyes Off of You. (ETA: They were only up very briefly - apologies for the false alarm.)

First impression: Clay's going to need to tour with a brass section to recreate these songs, because the arrangements are pretty horn-heavy. I dig them!

ETA: And just like that - the snippets disappeared from the OFC. Somebody's pushing buttons they're not supposed to be pushing on a Friday evening. :whistling-1:

==============================================

Here's a little something to make up for the snipped snippets. lindylo at CV found this at one of the venue websites.

Aiken_Studdard_Web_ear_fixed.jpg

Clay's left ear was weirdly cropped, so ClaySTO fixed it a bit.

ETA: And just like that - the snippets disappeared from the OFC. Somebody's pushing buttons they're not supposed to be pushing on a Friday evening. :whistling-1:

Well shoot! Did anyone grab them before they disappeared? They could be in your temporary internet files if you listened to them.

ETA: And yet, I had to delete a link, sorry, but if you are a member, PM someone you think might have links.

What a cool press release and bio on the Decca site! I think what makes me happier to read, more than anything else, is his saying that he considers himself an "old soul." I feel vindicated, I guess, because I've been saying that about Clay for years. IMO he seems destined to sing classic songs, reinterpreting them in his own style. I also like that he seems to know, and has known for several years now, his musical tastes, and is willing to talk about that. This is a good thing.

Sorry I missed the few snippets. I'll be patient....for about 30 seconds. LOL!

OTOH, this day was tempered by the husband of my best friend in college. I posted the link to the International Media YouTube clip on my Facebook page, and he made a disparaging remark. Not a happy camper at the moment, and he's not going to be my "friend" much longer. Now I just have to talk with my best friend...

jmh, I think you may be on to something with your neighbor! That's pretty darn cool, if it's true!

First impression: Clay's going to need to tour with a brass section to recreate these songs, because the arrangements are pretty horn-heavy. I dig them!

You mean to say they're.....wait for it....

...horny? :imgtongue:

Yeah, baybay, I dig 'em too! :listen:

Well shoot! Did anyone grab them before they disappeared? They could be in your temporary internet files if you listened to them.

I hope this works. Here is one that was captured by Invisible at the CC before they went poof -

Edited by jmh123
sorry--have to remove official OFC content

Should we really be posting the snippets if they are intended to be exclusive OFC content...kind of bugs me that I pay for a membership and people are getting the stuff for free.

Kim

There are were some brief snippets posted at the OFC. Mack the Knife, Suspicious Minds, and Can't Take My Eyes Off of You. (ETA: They were only up very briefly - apologies for the false alarm.)

==============================================

Here's a little something to make up for the snipped snippets. lindylo at CV found this at one of the venue websites.

Aiken_Studdard_Web_ear_fixed.jpg

Clay's left ear was weirdly cropped, so ClaySTO fixed it a bit.

bottle... you are my new bestest friend in the whole wide world! O.M.G. I put that picture on my desktop so fast, I think Clay is still dizzy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Every time I watch that clip, I get this huge grin on my face. I even called my friend and guided her to youtube to watch it with me. What fun this is. Things is a gittin' hot!

By the way, after watching it several times, I found the spot where he reminds me of Parker. It's right at the beginning of BMUB. Could me/probably is just me, but I get a kick out of it anyway.

By the way, after watching it several times, I found the spot where he reminds me of Parker. It's right at the beginning of BMUB. Could me/probably is just me, but I get a kick out of it anyway.

Ha! Liney, I saw a glimpse that reminded me immediately of Parker, and it's at the end of Buttercup. Like you, it's probably just me, but it hit me as soon as I saw it.

Clay.jpg

:GM_FCA:

23 Days until June 1st and The New CD!:04:

43 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

60 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

75 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The youtube has been taken down..if you go to the page it says "This video has been taken down by the owner".

Kim

The man is made of awesome.

Triple time on the thread title.

This has been THE most hectic week in my life for at least 5 years and I missed everything. I'm so bummed that when I was finally was able to click on the link the video was gone. But I'm thrilled you all got to see it.

Yay for the press releases and the bio from Decca. I can't wait to see what they have in store for tv and other promotion.

Bottle the pictures were amazing. Thanks for giving me a visual of the show.

The youtube has been taken down..if you go to the page it says "This video has been taken down by the owner".

Kim

It's back with a different link. Starting over with the views/comments though. Crap!

Kim

It's back with a different link. Starting over with the views/comments though. Crap!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee THANK YOU!

Kim

Yeah...looks like they added contact info at the end of it. But darn on having the view count starting over.

Kim

Ok, that is just plain weird... it was up to almost 12,000 views last night and now they're starting over. Why would the "owner" take it down if it was to be promo??? Now it will take time to get the count back up so that it gets noticed. Weird!!!

I think someone ripped it so it's not lost, but it needs to be on youtube/twitter/facebook/etc.

Maybe someone released it too soon. It is very early if it was for the PBS special. Whateveh!

Ok, that is just plain weird... it was up to almost 12,000 views last night and now they're starting over. Why would the "owner" take it down if it was to be promo??? Now it will take time to get the count back up so that it gets noticed. Weird!!!

I think someone ripped it so it's not lost, but it needs to be on youtube/twitter/facebook/etc.

Maybe someone released it too soon. It is very early if it was for the PBS special. Whateveh!

It is on youtube - just a new version with the Int'l media contact info at the end. Sucks (big time) about the views and the comments, but at least they put it back quickly!

Could that man get any more good looking? I don't think so!

My gosh, he has grown into one really good looking man!! :flirtysmile3:

I'm feeling pretty good about how things are going. We are getting "stuff" - whether ferreted out by fans or put out by IM/Decca/OFC. I missed the snippets, but such is life, they'll be out soon enough I'm sure. I'm not going to get my panties in a twist over stuff I can't control - I figure there's a plan and it will all work out.

I'm having fun being a fan! :twinklewhore:

:GM_FCA:

Happy Mother's Day!

22 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

42 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

59 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

74 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:1: Happy Mothers'Day! :1:

To all the FCA moms, aunts, grandparents or great aunts. Have a wonderful day today. And as I said on another board, thanks Faye Parker for giving us that talented and fascinating Clay Aiken. :woman: