#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who celebrates it in some way. I'll be grilling today for my mom. I hope the weather gets a little bit warmer.

I so loved the video clips and getting a glimpse of the special. The production looks great and the voice - exquisite. Can't wait to see the entire show and see him in concert. It's amazing how much he has grown yet I still can see the guy we first saw on idol in there.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

And as I said on another board, thanks Faye Parker for giving us that talented and fascinating Clay Aiken. :woman:

Amen....

And I also wish a Happy Mother's Day to Jaymes Foster -- I hope Parker got something special for her!

Happy Mother's Day, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Sorry I'm so late but my brother and his son were here this weekend for graduation performances. My nephew and I had a computer cafe running on my router late into the night. Youth won out, and he was up playing video games into the wee hours. :th_yawn:

I finally uploaded my Mother's Day blog at Carolina On My Mind. Featured are the National Inclusion Project's Pepsi Challenge, a fundraiser very close to Faye's heart; remembrances of Mama Mac (the "character" who was my mother); some older Mother's Day graphics (AmazingCA, cindilu2, Sally, Fountaindawg) ; and a piece honoring all mothers. There's bound to be something there for everyone. :)

Tweets, FB reposts, comments, hits, etc., will be appreciated. Thank you for your support of the Internet Clay blogs! :wub:

Great blog, Caro! And thanks again for all the yummy caps, bottle

Again, many thnx, tree, Cindy, and all who drop by. :wub:

I have missed watching Clay's T&T promo this weekend, so first thing I did after the guys left was hit YouTube. Last night I played it for my brother, who is not a Clay fan. I asked him what he thought. He said he didn't know who it was, but it was fantastic! EUREKA!!! :yahoo:

A former bass student from my Nashville teaching days just called "his other mother" to wish her a happy day. I told him to scroll down to the second Carolina blog entry and watch the video. Even before he saw it, he said, "Big band and Broadway are what Clay Aiken was meant to sing." I'll let you know his reaction, but I'm sure it will be off the charts. :dancetom:

Have a wonderful evening, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

cake-mothers-day.jpg

Alright, who was the one who ate all the chocolates?

I love the clips of the PBS special and I heard the one clip from the OFC and loved the jazzy sound to it. I cannot wait to get this cd (well those cd's because I"ll have to have one of each version) and the dvd/dvd's and to watch the special and hear those beautiful and exciting notes that came out of that man.

Belated happy Mother's day to one and all!

I had a great day...my DH bought my DD and Myself each iPads! He said she needed one as well because if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be a mum! Needless to say I'm having fun with it!

I'm so behind! Let's see... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to everything! New PICS, new SNIPPETS, new VIDEO! *<i>cartwheels... falls over</i>* (Pssst... that was just a *thud* in disguise... :whistling-1:)

In slightly random, but not entirely off-topic, news... I heard OMWH in a restaurant last night! I did the classic Claymate freeze, headtilt, and then exclaimed, "That's Clay Aiken!"

My companions were less enthused than I was, but hey. Even though I could barely hear him over the clatter of forks and knives and conversation, I was very pleased.

There are were some brief snippets posted at the OFC. Mack the Knife, Suspicious Minds, and Can't Take My Eyes Off of You. (ETA: They were only up very briefly - apologies for the false alarm.)

First impression: Clay's going to need to tour with a brass section to recreate these songs, because the arrangements are pretty horn-heavy. I dig them!

ETA: And just like that - the snippets disappeared from the OFC. Somebody's pushing buttons they're not supposed to be pushing on a Friday evening. :whistling-1:

==============================================

Here's a little something to make up for the snipped snippets. lindylo at CV found this at one of the venue websites.

Aiken_Studdard_Web_ear_fixed.jpg

Clay's left ear was weirdly cropped, so ClaySTO fixed it a bit.

bottle... you are my new bestest friend in the whole wide world! O.M.G. I put that picture on my desktop so fast, I think Clay is still dizzy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Every time I watch that clip, I get this huge grin on my face. I even called my friend and guided her to youtube to watch it with me. What fun this is. Things is a gittin' hot!

By the way, after watching it several times, I found the spot where he reminds me of Parker. It's right at the beginning of BMUB. Could me/probably is just me, but I get a kick out of it anyway.

Happy Mother's Day! About 41 minutes left here in EST. I wanted to comment about this luscious picture. It just struck me that Clay has not a hint of eye makeup-no guyliner or tinted eyelashes that we saw in previous photo sessions (and I have liked some of those pics-library boy comes to mind). I think this is intentional-to provide a more masculine pic.

cake-mothers-day.jpg

Alright, who was the one who ate all the chocolates?

I love the clips of the PBS special and I heard the one clip from the OFC and loved the jazzy sound to it. I cannot wait to get this cd (well those cd's because I"ll have to have one of each version) and the dvd/dvd's and to watch the special and hear those beautiful and exciting notes that came out of that man.

I guess it must have been me, since my kids gave me wii fit plus for Mothers day!

Hope all the Mums had a lovely day.

[Happy Mother's Day! About 41 minutes left here in EST. I wanted to comment about this luscious picture. It just struck me that Clay has not a hint of eye makeup-no guyliner or tinted eyelashes that we saw in previous photo sessions (and I have liked some of those pics-library boy comes to mind). I think this is intentional-to provide a more masculine pic.

At the last Gala Clay walked past me for the photo session and looked terrific with little or no makeup. Perhaps when he first went on AI, he might have been convinced that it was the makeup and now he knows it's more than that: he has the voice and personality which can't be changed. I believe he is in charge of his image now and what you see is what you get. JMO

:hello:cagney. I hope all is well with you.

clazy, have you decided to come to a concert? You know you want to.

:GM_FCA:

21 Days (3 Weeks!) until June 1st and The New CD!

:04:

41 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!

:yahoo:

58 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

73 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Snippets up at ofc and press release has been released! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I see (and hear!) the snippets,:flirtysmile3: but where, pray tell, is the press release released? Hmmmm???

So far, it's only here that I can see:

USA Today

Clay Aiken sings 'Tried and True' favorites on new CD

Just in: Clay Aiken is releasing his fifth studio album, Tried and True, on June 1. The new CD is comprised of songs Clay grew up listening to, from the '50s and '60s. Tried and True is the title because Clay feels the songs have stood the test of time, says the release. "To me, older songs are more melodically appealing and beautiful," he says. "So doing this album was an opportunity to just be myself."

Highlights include: Can't Take My Eyes Off You, made famous by Frankie Valli; Misty, the Johnny Mathis hit, and a soulful rendition of Elvis Presley's Suspicious Minds.

00lsee is unable to answer the phone right now, as she has swallowed her tongue. Please leave your name and number and a brief message and she will get back to you as soon as possible.

Glurgh..gulglgh...

Quick, someone save 00lsee! She's too valuable to lose!

Another article:

etonline

Clay Aiken is making a musical comeback with a new album, and ET has all the info on his fifth studio album, Tried and True! Clay chose the title Tried and True because the album will be filled with timeless classics.

"There are a lot of elements to this album that are about me returning to what I'm comfortable with," he says. "To me, older songs are more melodically appealing and beautiful. So doing this album was an opportunity to just be myself."

The album will include old-time favorites such as the swinging album opener "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," made famous by Frankie Valli; "Misty," the Johnny Mathis hit, and a soulful rendition of Elvis Presley's "Suspicious Minds." The album also features two songs Clay sang while on "American Idol": "Mack the Knife" and "Unchained Melody."

Tried and True is set for release June 1.

Decca just tweeted this article to the Decca followers (me being one of them).

00lsee is unable to answer the phone right now, as she has swallowed her tongue. Please leave your name and number and a brief message and she will get back to you as soon as possible.

Glurgh..gulglgh...

00lsee... BWAH!!! I totally agree but you put it so much more eloquently!

Quick, someone save 00lsee! She's too valuable to lose!

Another article:

etonline

Clay Aiken is making a musical comeback with a new album, and ET has all the info on his fifth studio album, Tried and True! Clay chose the title Tried and True because the album will be filled with timeless classics.

"There are a lot of elements to this album that are about me returning to what I'm comfortable with," he says. "To me, older songs are more melodically appealing and beautiful. So doing this album was an opportunity to just be myself."

The album will include old-time favorites such as the swinging album opener "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," made famous by Frankie Valli; "Misty," the Johnny Mathis hit, and a soulful rendition of Elvis Presley's "Suspicious Minds." The album also features two songs Clay sang while on "American Idol": "Mack the Knife" and "Unchained Melody."

Tried and True is set for release June 1.

Decca just tweeted this article to the Decca followers (me being one of them).

ldyj... Thanks for bringing that over. I don't like the use of "comeback" since OMWH was only two years ago and was fantastic. I wonder if they used that cause it's like a new beginning with Decca. Comeback makes it sound like he left the music scene and he never did. Other than that and if it makes people try the CD, I'll be ok with it. JMHO

I love the snippets, especially MTK... very jazzy and I love when Clay sings jazzy. I hope this is the one they release if they do that this time around.

:twinklewhore: Wheeeeee!!!

Totally loving these snippets! Especially loving the jazzy, big band sounds! Love the horns!

I'm so excited for him (and US!)! I fully expect to see a Clay Aiken who can be himself, be excited about and celebrate his music!

Fun times ahead!! :twinklewhore:

I think the clips did their job..I can't wait to hear the whole CD!

Kim

SNIPPETS!

Suspicious Minds is one of my top 5 favorite clay songs. I'm so happy it's on the album. It sounds fantastic!! And he's going to do it isn't he. He's going to make me like Mack the Knife LOL. Why am I surprised.

I hope everyone had a great mother's day!

Love the snippets (and that the OFC gave them to us before Amazon LOL). Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You is my favourite and I think it's going to kill me dead. I loved Mack The Knife live in concert, but the snippet sounds quite different....never thought I'd be hearing Clay sing about cement. Hee, I guess he got the words right finally! I look forward to hearing the full versions.....SOON!!!!

I read something about Sony putting out a new compilation of Clay songs. Makes me think that either the word is out in the industry that the album is great or that the publicity machine is about to go all out for T&T cd. Whichever or whatever, it all sounds good to me. :twinklewhore:

Snippets or whatever, bring the album on. I actually listened to them this time since I was at the OMG concert. I'd much rather have one whole song than a bunch of teasers. JMO But what I did hear sounded like it bring in a bunch of new buyers who may have been waiting for this type of music. In the Fear house it will probably be accepted more than MOAM. Not only by me, I've loved and listened to them all. :04:

Off to the dentist again while my mouth is still sore from the last time. :cry4: Have a wonderful day.