#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Sorry, jamar, I knew that was a sore subject!

I thought he would be at the Holland Center, too...that is a beautiful venue. We saw Menopause, The Musical there...up close and personal!

I've seen menopause, not the musical, up close and personal. Didn't like it much!

I've only had one dream that I can still remember but I think I do remember it because it was so weird and pretty disappointing. Prior to this dream I had read other people's posts about their Clay dreams and I was so jealous that they were getting some and I (poor pitiful moi) was not. Well, when I did get my dream I felt pretty much ripped off.....though I recall divayenta telling me at the time that it really wasn't all that bad.

Here goes nuthin'.....if you've been around the block with me a few times already just scroll. My dream....I was up here in Nova Scotia and was driving out to my cottage. In my car I had Clay, Nick and some other of his friends and we were planning to have a barbeque. I was playing the good host and insisted that I stop at this roadside market to buy corn on the cob to go with supper. I bought 60 ears of corn. I remember being a little too tightly wrapped and excited about having Clay in my car. I also remember he seemed more interested in his friends than me. (Imagine that, eh?)

Anyway, we get to the cottage. I insist that we need to cook all 60 ears of corn and that they are "just gonna love our local corn" yada yada yada. When the corn is ready, I bring it in on a big platter, proudly place it in the middle of the table, and Clay takes one look at it and says,' Ah, can't eat that."

I ask him, "Why not?"

He removes his false teeth, plunks them on the table, and says "This is why not."

I think I said something like....."Oh."

Nice dream...just wish I could trade with somebody. Maybe it was one of those precursor ones.....I don't think my mother can eat corn on the cob with her veneers, come to think of it.

aspiegirl - loved your montage! Watched another one with scenes from "Night at the Museum"

What a wacky mind you have! Keep it up! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks cha cha trusty. I bust out laughing when I saw your comment. Heeeeeee. Nice picture too. :whistling-1:

Thanks everyone for all your kind comments. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

PS: Couch Tomato. I confess, I have dreamed about Clay. We were argueing about something. But I can't remember what. :lol:

ETA: Hi Karen BWAH that was funny. Heeeeeeeeeeee. Clay with false teeth. :lol:

Edited by Aspiegirl

I've seen menopause, not the musical, up close and personal. Didn't like it much!

BWAH! Hey bay area and beyond girls..we should plan a day for Menopause the Musical. It's hysterical.

Duckeyvee heeee you have me intrigued by your Clay dreams...especially hair extensions.

Ah man...KarenEh -- corn? somebody interpret that one.

Though of a sad movie...well the movie isn't sad but in What's Love Got To Do With it...after Ike and Tina have duked it out and she leaves him all messy and bloody and no money and she goes to that hotel and asks for a place to stay... tears every time.

Karen it was so much fun to meet you in California and without your transportation help I might still be stranded in Indio. I bet they don't have next day delivery by UPS in Azerbaijan. Sounds like a great adventure. Edited by lindylo

Karen[er, what do we call you now?]Eh?... Oh My God... that's kinda far, dude! Cool though... I had to do a little Googling too to find out exactly where that was. It looks intriguing as hell. But yeah, I thought it was tough to get Clay to come to N.Ca. :lol:

I bought a new computer - ahem - for work...yeah, work. Heh. I got the monitor today!!! It's HUGE!!! I went from a 17" to a 24" widescreen. First thing I did was download me some XviD. Holy Shit! Weeeeeeee! See ya after I watch every piece of my clack all over again. *slobbers all over Scarlett*

Azerbaijan used to be part of the Soviet Union, it sits on the western Caspian Sea and is bordered on the north by Russia and Georgia, and on the south by Iran. Just think....if you come for a visit, we could drive to Moscow. Maybe.

Karen Eh....I went to Russia in September of last year. Started in Moscow and ended up in St Petersburg. I don't know whether to hug you or congratulate you but either way it will be a different experience. However, wouldn't recommend a road trip to Moscow because it's wall to wall cars and no one knows how to drive. Hair raising experience!

You will need a scarf in Azerbaijan! Good Luck...how long will you be gone?

Gibby, that is a gorgeous picture... I love mountain reflected in water... actually, almost anything reflected in water.

Aw, thanks. I love taking nature pictures.

Anyway, we get to the cottage. I insist that we need to cook all 60 ears of corn and that they are "just gonna love our local corn" yada yada yada. When the corn is ready, I bring it in on a big platter, proudly place it in the middle of the table, and Clay takes one look at it and says,' Ah, can't eat that."

I ask him, "Why not?"

He removes his false teeth, plunks them on the table, and says "This is why not."

I think I said something like....."Oh."

BWAH!!! Hilarious.

I had a Clay dream, but it's been a long time ago. All I really remember is that Clay kept smirking at me. It gave me warm, happy, tingly feelings. I wanted more, but then I woke up, durnit!

I bought a new computer - ahem - for work...yeah, work. Heh. I got the monitor today!!! It's HUGE!!! I went from a 17" to a 24" widescreen. First thing I did was download me some XviD. Holy Shit! Weeeeeeee! See ya after I watch every piece of my clack all over again. *slobbers all over Scarlett*

I'm JELLUS!! That must be one fantastic picture.

ETA: Aspiegirl - Just watched the montage. It's wonderful! I'm picky about which montages I keep, and that one's a keeper. You did a great job of synchronizing the music and Clay's dancing.

Oh - I went to the BAF website to look at what's on sale. The black BAF hoodie looks really nice! Has anyone bought one? I was just wondering if they run true to size, or if they run large or small.

Edited by Gibby

Karen Eh, we've never met....but I have admired your work!! Who hasn't? LOL I can not wait to see what kind of pictures you come up with, while in Baku! Not the Aiken...granted. But they will still be treats for the eyes....I am sure. Enjoy your adventure!

Um....and according to Wikipedia....Houston is one of Baku's 16 sister cities!

To all with the great External Hard Drive advice and links....I think I'm gonna do it!! S**n! Thanks!

Humpf. It's freaing impossible to catch up! I'm trying, I swear.

Sad movies: I was a young teen and at a sleep-over and my friend's mom let us stay up half the night watching movies. We saw this movie called "All Mine to Give". I don't know who is in it, but we were sobbing like babies at the end.

One of my favorite movies of all time? Jaws. It's a wonderful character study.

Muski said:

How the hell am I supposed to explain to my family that I wanna go to a Clay weekend right before Christmas?

Explain? Just go, have fun, and let the chips fall where they may.

KAndre said:

I have yet to see any Godfather movie. Never saw the point.

Blaspheme! Parts 1 & 2 are two of the best movies ever made, with part 2 being better than part 1.

Aww, Clayzor laughed at my 'FU, CD, parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6' blogs. Sometimes it's good to get a rant out at a place other than the message boards.

Gibby, your avatar is freaking fascinating. I pause at your posts just to watch it for a minute or two.

Couchie......come to NJ, come to NJ.........

For all you Trekkies out there, obviously not a Vulcan nor an android.

ClayStarTrek.jpg

Good morning ya'll!!

Clay dreams? I can only remember one, and it was about two years ago, during the JBT. Clay was playing in my area of the country, which is next to a river. Well, this was a year that the river was flooding on a regular basis. And yet, the JBT was going on, at a stage near the river -- with the flood waters rising with every song. So much so, that the audience (including ME!) had to be evacuated. Clay kept right on singing though, and that damn jukebox was there the entire time.

Funny thing is, my husband has had a few Clay dreams....more than I have! *sigh* How does he get all the luck?

Karen Eh?, your dream is hysterical. Did you offer him some Polygrip?

I can't believe Aspiegirl smutted!

TGIF!!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone:

49 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

60 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

80 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

106 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

109 Days until the Christmas Special Airs!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good Morning Everyone:

60 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

80 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

Oooh, these numbers are looking v.v. nice to me! :RedGuy:

I haven't had a Clay dream in a while, but I've had quite a few of them. Unfortunately, they are usually along the lines of Clay is over for dinner, but it's as though he's one of my kids. *sigh*

Edited by luckiest1

Are you driving through corn fields at 35 miles per hour? Cause it should only take you about 2 1/2 hours. :cryingwlaughter: I keed but honestly, I can drive from Fayettteville, Arkansas to Omaha in 6 1/2 hours. It takes me 3 1/2 to 4 hours to KC and then about 2 1/2 on into Omaha on I-29.

Yeah, my point exactly. But nope. Mapquest gives it 3 hrs. 18 min., and I stop for bathroom break and to eat, so 3.5 is pretty standard. I usually do the speedlimit (more or less).

Congratulations on breaking the sound barrier, though. :)

Well your way over on the other side of KC. It does only take me around 2 1/2 hours to get to Platte City. Which is a hop skip and a jump from the airport. Which is where I'm mostly headed.

---

Yep...only place I've ever been stopped for speeding Clazor. Coming back from the Christmas show 2 years ago even. Nice State Trooper let me off with just a warning tho. :eusa_whistle:

I do tend to have a lead foot. Hee............Push the pedal down, watch the world around, fly by me.....Actually when I travel I always set my cruise control to 4 miles over the speed limit. They usually won't bother you for that. However, I did get a speeding ticket, once many moons ago, on I-29 going about 10 miles over. I had to pee real bad and you know there isn't many places to stop on that long stretch. Cop was not sympathetic at all. Ass hat. Sometimes it does take me 3 hours to drive if I stop. Getting around KC on I-135 takes longer than anything, I swear. :cryingwlaughter: I think it has been about 2 or 3 years since I was up there last. I did see Clay at the new Qwest and it was awesome.

Hi Everyone.

Caro suggested I share my new montage with you all. Its called: More Than A Feeling and I used a lot of clips of Clays funny dancing from the tour.

Here is the YouTube link and a Sendspace if anyone wants to view it:

More Than A Feeling - Sendspace link

I also just found out that it was put on The Ideal Idol. Here is a link to her site:

The Ideal Idol link

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks. I enjoyed the interaction with the blonde and Clay.

on don't forget the lyrics...she had to choose between Happy Together and Build me up Buttercup.

sniff

Clay would still get it wrong. heh

I got a kick out of that couchie . I didn't finish watching her or the show. Did she get to 25,000.00 dollars? She really thought she could sing too didn't she? :cryingwlaughter:

I ARSTAFG, and missed 3 questions out of 10. Can you believe that? I said ligament instead of tendon. What was I thinking? I was so happy that the guy won a half million dollars. He had an impressive education too. He needed help with a couple of questions. It's a cute show. He was so nervous and serious. You really wanted to root for him.

Karen I think you can look at this as a wonderful experience. It would be great, I think, to have a job that allows you to discover other countries and to travel. Your story made me feel better about my husband wanting to move to Ecuador to retire. It is a lot closer to the good old USofA. I was guessing this place was in Russia but wasn't sure. I've never heard of where you are going.

I agree, ldyjocelyn thank God it's Friday. I simply can't believe the work ethics of the people around me. The extra workload put on me by others who want to take off sick when they really aren't. (because they get paid for 8 sick days and they aren't ending the year unless they get each and everyone taken) We only have a 4 day work week, this week, it"s unbelievable. Especially since one person quit last year and they are not going to replace her, we are already burdened by taking on her work. Oh well. It's Friday and next week we have one out for Monday and Tuesday absence. Shaking head and moving on.

I have only had 2 dreams of Clay and can't remember either of them now. I can only pray that we were getting it on.............. :eusa_whistle: That's the only kind of Clay dream I'm interested in having.

Speaking of work? Time to go get ready......................