OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

CG I've loved all your insights tonight about the lyrics.

With this song, I think I would combine CG with her "it's about freedom" and Gibby with her theory about Clay and God. To many Christians (me included), the freedom of having a God that loves you is very beautiful.

verra verra nice.

Am I the only one who can't think straight when Clay is singing to me????

No. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I haven't listened to the demos of any of these songs, so I don't know which lyrics were changed, other than "unveil" to "reveal".

A couple of things for me with this song:

1) I find the lyrics to this song heartbreaking -- not being open enough, or not afraid, to let someone in to their heart.

2) This is the song that I find myself singing more often than not.

3) I think this would make a great radio single. Better than Ashes. *ducks*

I've loved reading that this is one of the bigger songs for Clay on iTunes.

I'm another voter for this as a radio single.

Gibby, question for you. How many of the songs on this album are in a major key? Or could you please post the keys for all at some point?

Sure, I'll work on it! I'll post it here in this thread later today or tomorrow.

True...but it also speaks about how isolated he can feel at times. When he has to have a mask and when he feels llke everyone is scrutiizing his movements...

I am glad he has such strong faith that he can turn to for comfort...

Yes!

There's that On Parade part. And he needs someone to know/understand he is NOT that SEX SYMBOL - or

that POSTER BOY for this or that, etc.

I def. get the mask/clown imagery and believe it.

I see this as another song of triumph over adversity. Be it God or his mother or his friends or the love a good woman he was lost and now he's found.

I'm loosening my grasp

No need to hold back my frailty

'Cause you see the real me

Is there any better feeling than being able to truly be yourself - warts and all - with someone? Its like freedom. Its like someone lets you breathe.

Yeah!

And don't we all feel like frauds sometimes - showing up for a meeting and having to act like we have it all together etc, when our knees are knocking!!

He does sound like he's almost crying - and it makes me want to say, "Buck up, boy! I'll give you something to cry about!"

I really am not at ALL sentimental.

BWAH...love you KAndre...

OK, technically -- the party is over. And honestly, I need to go to bed! I'm getting up early tomorrow to walk in our annual Race for the Cure.....

I'm so enjoying this.....can't wait to continue it tomorrow night!

The Real Me... I read in an early interview where Clay said that this song was about being a celebrity and how much you need to have someone around you that knows the real you in order to stay grounded. Now, he's saying he thinks of God when he sings it. Mayber he changed his mind or maybe it's both.

I think I heard this explanation from the composer on a you tube of her singing this...how its about the pressure of being perfect.But clay Always said it was a song to God for him but could be interpreted in any way.

Ansa... you're right. He was saying that this is what the writer of the song meant. I remember now.

CG... yes!!! I'll second ldyj... your intrepretations have been great tonight!

Freedom is one of the things we seek the most in life. Freedom to be ourselves without fear is top of the list for me.

This was fun! My first listening party!

CG I've loved all your insights tonight about the lyrics.

With this song, I think I would combine CG with her "it's about freedom" and Gibby with her theory about Clay and God. To many Christians (me included), the freedom of having a God that loves you is very beautiful.

verra verra nice.

Aww, thanks Ldyj. Lyrics are my thing!

I get the God thing. Its not what would work for me, but I truly believe whatever or whoever makes you feel safe and free should be cherished. And that's what I am hearing in this song.

He does sound like he's almost crying - and it makes me want to say, "Buck up, boy! I'll give you something to cry about!"

I really am not at ALL sentimental.

BWAH!!! I never would have guessed!

OK, technically -- the party is over. And honestly, I need to go to bed! I'm getting up early tomorrow to walk in our annual Race for the Cure.....

I'm so enjoying this.....can't wait to continue it tomorrow night!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: for the party - and for walking the Race!

Thank you so much!

I really needed this!

And need to go back and read again!

The other actors in Spamalot must really be amazed to hear these types of songs from Sir Robin. I think it will take time for others to discover this album but it could be a real breakthrough for Clay. He is not just singing, he is feeling and acting. It proves that he can be right up there with the best singers of all time.

JUST A REMINDER>>>>

even when we are done...feel free to add comments. Just label clearly what songs you are talking about

Also for those that didn't get to join us...don;t hesitate to add your thoughts...

this thread is open to all...

I had a lot of fun. I have to read the thread again.

See y'all tomorrow

The other actors in Spamalot must really be amazed to hear these types of songs from Sir Robin. I think it will take time for others to discover this album but it could be a real breakthrough for Clay. He is not just singing, he is feeling and acting. It proves that he can be right up there with the best singers of all time.

I totally agree!

This was fun! Can't wait for tomorrow night!

This really is a special album on so many levels.

Gibby, question for you. How many of the songs on this album are in a major key? Or could you please post the keys for all at some point?

Sure, I'll work on it! I'll post it here in this thread later today or tomorrow.

Thank you! Seems like so many are in a minor key to me--it's interesting. Appreciate your insight about the atonality of ETIDN. Blues scale--didn't know about that. Hmmmm. I do love me some blues, maybe that's why.

Thanks everybody, to ldyj for moderating, and everyone for their views. I can't wait to go back and really read the thread. Anyone that was late, or lurking, or reading later, please just add your thoughts at the end if you want. We would love to hear them. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Amen!

And during this promo he's come closer than ever to admitting he's good! hee

Not quite.

But he has talked about the variety in sound, skirting the actual fact that HE CAN SING ANYTHING!

:)