#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Oh, yeah, it's Western!

I love both Eastern and Western.

I'm an equal opportunity NC BBQ kinda gal!

:)

But - you're getting NC BBQ info from the Washington Post??!!!

Sacrilege!

Try this History of NC BBQ

Wow, you take inclusion even farther than Clay (but not all the way to DC). :hysterical:

KAndre, it isn't really ketchup. Not that it's any better for it.....

:PickMe-1: clazy - I'll do you one better!!!

GO HERE and you'll find a page of youtubes of all the Original Artists for the ATDW Album.

:XmasRed:

Thanks cha cha trusty! I did end up finding most of them the easy way--just typed in the song titles on YouTube and it was typically the originals that popped up. This is even better though, because they're all in th same place!

KAndre - I'm with you...I don't like vinegar in my BBQ sauce either...

Well, our United Way bake sale was a HUGE hit! They were actually lined up at the boardroom door before 10 am, waiting to get to the goodies. We only invited our staff on two floors (+/- 90 people) and probably half attended. After 45 minutes, we made $135 - I couldn't believe it! They really did look like a horde of locusts.

All the "leftovers" were sold from in my office this afternoon and our end-of-day total is $164. Everyone enjoyed it so much that we're doing it again next year and I already have new volunteers to do more baking.

Now I can't wait to get out of here, rush home to take Schnitz out and then set up my decorations at the front of the house. Dinner will be pizza because we get lots of little people dropping by - I just LOVE Hallowe'en, can't ya tell? ;)

Muski, I would suggest sticking to North Raleigh and downtown and avoid hotels in Garner and Southeast Raleigh because you are not familiar enough to know which are in seedy areas and which are not.

As far as clubs/bars I cannot really advise because I am not a club/bar person. There are lots of good places to shop (Crabtree Mall, North Hills, Triangle Town Center, Cameron Village, Briar Creek) and also many restaurants. Fujisan (Japanese Steakhouse), Cracker Barrel, and Lonestar Steak House are just a few that Clay has been seen at. Of course there is always White Swan for Eastern NC BBQ! All depends on what you are in the mood for.

The flea market at the fairgrounds is cool so since you like that sort of thing you would enjoy it. I feel bad but I could not really tell you about the happening nightlife (if we have any) cause I am more of a home body except for Clay trips.

Claylove...thank you! I will indeed avoid Garner and Southest...and no worries---I'm not really looking for 'clubbing' places, either! Just wondered what there might be for a woman all alone to do tomorrow night if I wanted to get out of the hotel. I will find my way to the fairgrounds on Sunday, though, for the flea market before I head out of Raleigh AND I hope to find a great barbecue place, too.

I LOVE pulled pork sandwiches with slaw and some hush puppies on the side! SLURP!

It is Halloween, it is 70 degrees and it is Chicago...what is wrong with this picture? I cannot believe how gorgeous it is out today...I have all my windows open! Normally it is cold and rainy and some years we have snow!

Hubby and I have bowling tonight (no I am not wearing a costume) so the kids get to hand out treats although we haven't had many trick or treaters in the last few years. Given that it is so nice out and it is a Friday night, maybe we will have more.

We are having sloppy joes and french fries for dinner tonight and this morning I made 3 loaves of homemade raisin bread...so we are set for breakfast this week-end.

Loving all the Halloween graphics and pictures!

Kim

What a CUTIE, bottlecap!

From CH:

According to VH1 RockOn TV, ET will air an interview with Clay next Thursday (11/6).

Quote:

About: Entertainment Tonight: (#7084) - 2008/11/06

Jake Gyllenhaal springs into action! Catch advance shots from his video-game-turned gotta-see flick, "Prince of Persia." Clay Aiken comes clean about fame, fatherhood & so much more

Clay Aiken comes clean about fame, fatherhood & so much more

I guess I'm just feeling bitchy today (shutup) with all the pre-conference stress...but when I read this I just wanted to....

:afteryou:

:21:

:smokelots:

'comes CLEAN' ???!?!??!? Was he dirty before? Yeah, I know it's "just an expression", but I'm just tired of all the implications and innuendo by assholes that Clay is in anyway 'less than' , etc.

:onsoapbox:

The sweater Clay's wearing in the ET clip looks rather Brother Maynard-esque in its design. I'll be most interested in getting a better view of it. Plus, hopefully ET is interviewing Clay because he has some new project to announce, although I suppose it could be plugging the end of Spamalot's run.

It was reported there was a camera crew at the Shubert the other night; maybe we will get some current pictures of Parker!

Kim

Good morning! Day of the Phillies parade in Philly! They are expecting millions to turn out. Ironically, I will be at 30th Street Station during the time of the parade on my way to Boston but I don't believe that is near the parade route.

And what a parade it was!!! I couldn't go like I did in 1980, but I watched it on my computer (odd to think the internet really wasn't even around in 1980!). I have no idea what the estimated numbers were but it was definitely bigger than last time - so many moons ago. Then there were the big rallies at the Eagles's stadium and at the Phillies ballpark and they raised the World Series banner. And the players were loving it! But for Jamie Moyer, our almost 46-year old pitcher who won 16 games this year, it had to be almost surreal. He grew up in the area and 28 years ago he cut school to attend the parade. And now he was in one! For his hometown club.

Its amazing how winning a sports championship can lift a city. It really is very exciting.

Clay content? Well he is very exciting too!

TGIF!!!!!!

Eeewwww! That's a good diet aid, Fear.

Hello FCA!

I apologize for having been so long MIA. Didja even notice? :cryingwlaughter:

It's Halloween, a Friday night and absolutely glorious weather. AAACCCKK!! That spells disaster. All the hoodlums are going to be out in full force playing tricks tonight without having to worry about getting up for school in the morning. I better keep the dog in.

Any good Clay news lately? I watched the ET clip that someone posted upthread. thanks for the link. I needed to see and hear him.

I agree with you Muski. What's he got to come clean about? He's already bared his soul to the media, and he's 'naked' now. At least that what Jaymes said in the People interview. :hubbahubba:

**takes a moment to contemplate naked Clay**

Kisses & hugs to all....

I noticed Bookwhore; I was just thinking today that I had not seen you here in a while.

We've had about 8 trick or treaters so far...it takes two to hand out candy...one to give out the candy and one to hold the dog back...he is 5 months old but he weighs 20 pounds and barks at every little noise...glad I am not going to be home tonight, LOL!

Kim

Hey bookwhore! I noticed too! Hope you are doing well!

Breathe for me muski! I understand your frustration...to a point. I guess I don't get the hoopla about parsing out words that the media uses. (I've seen this in several boards...) As much as I don't like it, and the way some media twists words -- is there really anything I can do about it? And I learned to let go a long time ago about the assholes. They are of no never mind to me. I simply cannot worry about the media and their relationship to Clay Aiken, and the appearance it has. It doesn't mean I might not change my mind about this tomorrow, but for now, I just realize that Clay's a grown man and can deal with practically anything. Big cajones, you know.

Besides, muski -- think about "coming clean" with Clay in a shower. Smut always works. You'll be fine.

ET on Thursday of next week, eh? Figures. Right when I'm going on vacation. I guess I better make sure more than a few people know my cell phone number and can text me!

I noticed Bookwhore; I was just thinking today that I had not seen you here in a while.

Same here! :3: How's that cute puppy doing?

Glad the bake sale was such a success, Bella. :thumbup:

I'm off to camp out on the couch for the evening with my Goldfish crackers, diet pomegranate 7-Up, a blanket and a cat to watch the Ghost Hunters live Halloween special! 16.gif