#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

I know exactly what is on his collar. When you have a shirt a VERY long time and it gets constantly washed there are little white things, called pills, that show up on the fabric! That's what they sell those stupid clothes shavers for!

I agree that it could be pilling, but why only on one side of the collar?

Because he normally carries his laptop bag on that side. :)

Or a small child rests his head there.

Well, my track record is that I've not once been on once when he has been answering questions and by the time I find out, he's done and gone, lol.

I'll ask ahead though if ya want, lol.

Hee, cha cha trusty, glad to see I'm not alone! However, you don't appear to by hypnotized....

LOL And neither were the peeps in the movie!!

R.I.P. TED KENNEDY

kennedycandlelight.jpg

Candlelight Vigil in Dupont Circle in DC (where chachadotter#4 is)

R.I.P. TED KENNEDY

kennedycandlelight.jpg

Cha Cha, who took the picture, and when was the vigil? I should add it to the new Carolina On My Mind blog about Teddy Kennedy, a driving force for the rights of many who could not speak for themselves like the disabled. I kept thinking of Clay when putting the blog together, and I included gerwhisp's Measure of a Man montage.

Have a great week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

R.I.P. TED KENNEDY

kennedycandlelight.jpg

Cha Cha, who took the picture, and when was the vigil? I should add it to the new Carolina On My Mind blog about Teddy Kennedy, a driving force for the rights of many who could not speak for themselves like the disabled. I kept thinking of Clay when putting the blog together, and I included gerwhisp's Measure of a Man montage.

Caro - you can credit "xiann" and just say "tweeted by xiann from Dupont Circle" - I am pretty sure she took it with her iphone about 7:30 pm this evening. :thankyou:

"she" meaning my daughter xiann. :)

Question for the admins: do we implement flood control for screen refreshes? I've been getting some inexplicable slow downs (or maybe I'm just impatient).

I can't find anything like that, but I don't understand the innards of this thing.

It's ok now. I think it was my workstation. Thanks for checking, though! :BlowKiss:

And thanks for the blog link, Caro! :thankyou:

... how about powdered sugar?

R.I.P. TED KENNEDY

kennedycandlelight.jpg

Great blog, caro! I loved the video too :thbighug-1:

Thankyou for posting the photo of the vigil, cha cha! I have cried a bit off and on today.

Question for the admins: do we implement flood control for screen refreshes?

What the heck would that be for, lol? Like everybody's sitting here refreshing their screens practising for the next time tickets on on sale for something Clay related?

:cryingwlaughter:

Well Canfly, you have to keep those fingers nimble just in case.....

ETA: I have been practising "spirit fingers" and will soon upgrade to "finger push ups".............of course my backside gets larger by the minute but my fingers are

swimsuit ready..........

ETAA: Off to watch Australian idol. This week is top 24 down to top 12. Lots of fresh faced newcomers and some surprising voices so far.

That's funny ausdon. Maybe we can have a fingers pageant. But wait, I'll have to get my nails done and get new gloves for the evening gown part.

But dang we'd all have the best darn cleavage if we could just find those push up finger splints!!

:GM_FCA:

51 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

On the picture, I vote for "pillage" and agree with couchie on the hair.

Fear -- BWAH!

OK, yesterday's tournament wasn't as close as I thought it would be. merrieeee, you're gonna wanna scroll here...

UNICEFsnowflake1.jpg

Here is today's photo tourney poll. I have a feeling [tm Sir Robin] that this one will be a blowout...

dancartKennedydead.jpg

But the senator’s condition took a turn Tuesday night and a priest — the Rev. Patrick Tarrant of Our Lady of Victory Church in Centerville, Mass. — was called to his bedside. Mr. Kennedy spent his last hours in prayer, Father Tarrant told a Boston television station, WCVB-TV.

Mr. Kennedy had told friends recently that he was looking forward to a “reunion” with his seven departed siblings, particularly his brothers, whose lives had been cut short.

“When he gets there, he can say ‘I did it, I carried the torch,’ ” Mr. Delahunt said. “ ‘I carried it all the way.’ ”

- NYTimes

All I can say is I hope that pic does not win the whole thing!

Hey, merr, it's so ironic how we share so much of the EEEEEEEEEEEEEE factor, and yet when it comes to specifics we're seldom on the same page. You think he looks sickly in Snowflake (which I adore), while I think he looks rather wan and weak in AMA 2006 pictures, and I know you go to your knees over those. I do like that shot of him with the reflective sunglasses, however (real or photoshop?). Interesting, I think, that Snowflake and AMA were in the same week, so maybe he was a bit under the weather for both. Or NOT, Ha!

I realized not long ago, that just about any look Clay comes up with, including clothes, facial expressions, hairstyles, stubble/clean shaven, glasses/contacts, sexy/silly etc., are capable of delighting or disappointing depending on one's personal vision of Clay .... with the exception of the "Jenna Bush" pictures. Does anyone like those?

ETA: And, y'all please stop picking on the pillage. He's not the stereotypical gay dude regarding his casual clothing, but so WHAT? He's gotta be a priss about his pullover shirts? I say you go Clay ... pillage away on your own time.

R.I.P. TED KENNEDY

kennedycandlelight.jpg

Caro - you can credit "xiann" and just say "tweeted by xiann from Dupont Circle" - I am pretty sure she took it with her iphone about 7:30 pm this evening. :thankyou:

"she" meaning my daughter xiann. :)

Cha Cha, please thank your daughter for me. I added a clickable photo under this quote from Time magazine about a "torch" and "beacon fires":

Richard Lacayo (Time Magazine) - When people were getting tired of hearing about racism or the poor or the decay of American cities, he kept talking. When liberalism was flickering, there was Kennedy, holding the torch, insisting that "we can light those beacon fires again."

Thank you, treenuts, Scarlett, and others who appreciated the compilation. Some cannot get past the Ted Kennedy's early demons and flaws; but I don't know how anyone can argue with the 2500 pieces of legislation advancing the rights of women, minorities, immigrants, gays, and the disabled.

Have a great day, all! :hug:

I do like that shot of him with the reflective sunglasses, however (real or photoshop?).

That one was real. I just pulled this from Jamd this morning...

75480782.jpg

And yes, this "look" and the UNICEF pictures were taken approximately the same week.

I realized not long ago, that just about any look Clay comes up with, including clothes, facial expressions, hairstyles, stubble/clean shaven, glasses/contacts, sexy/silly etc., are capable of delighting or disappointing depending on one's personal vision of Clay

I was going to save this until after the first rounds of the photo tourney were done, but I've got to chime in and say I soooooooo totally agree with this. It's been amazing to me to compare and contrast the thousand different looks Clay has had over 6 years, and it's just as amazing to me to read the reactions from fans to them. But isn't that what makes us human? We all have personal taste.

.... with the exception of the "Jenna Bush" pictures. Does anyone like those?

I will assure you that one of those pictures will NOT be in the photo tourney, although I almost did it just to be a little shit. Hee.