#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

I would purchase a vinyl record of Clay's in.a.heartbeat! For the record jacket alone, babaay. *sa-woon*

I don't need no stickin' phonograph :P

tree... if you don't mind sayin', what were the family problems. I saw the end and thought it was his first Masters from the tears and how tight he held her.

liney, this is far from his first Masters. He has won it twice before but has "come sooo close" many times, only to blow it. He's just not very consistent in his game play but I love him for it just the same. This past year both his wife AND his mother were diagnosed with breast cancer :(

He competed very little on the circuit this year due to his wife Amy's difficult treatments and his mental game. When he did compete she and the kids were not able to be with him which made it more difficult for him (apparantly she was barely able to physically get out of bed and make the car ride down to the clubhouse just in time to see him win on the 18th). He took some heat for it because there was A LOT of hype in the golf community that he would take up the slack left by Tiger's absence at the big events. It was a minor hot mess all around.

Back from the whirlwind trip to Chicago, which wasn't without problems. First of all, I'm one hour out of town, when I get a phone call -- the library didn't open on time, no staff member showed up. Fortunately, I have all the staff member's phone numbers in my cell phone, so I called the person who was supposed to be there and told her to get her butt over there right freakin' now! Sigh.

But then...hubby and I made it to the hotel no problem, and we also found our way to the Chicago Theater without difficulty. We listened to the subscription I have for Sirius Radio I have at the moment (and will probably continue in a few months *g*), and ended up listening to the 60's channel. Heard "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You," the original. Mentioned to my husband that Clay was doing this song, and he thought it was a great match for his voice. BTW...I'm trying to figure out which channel will have Clay playing on it. There's loads of possibilities....

Next was a great dinner, and then saw the group Straight No Chaser. These guys are fantastic! Seriously -- search for them on YouTube. They take current songs (or not necessarily, either) and make them acapella. Their harmonies and vocals are amazing, and it sounds like there are instruments on stage, when there really isn't.

Now, there were touches of the concert that reminded me of Clay. First of all, they did a medley of...ta da! TV theme songs! HA! It was fun. Then, on their new album, they ALSO cover "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You!"

After the show, they set up an autograph line, and I ended up talking with and getting autographs from all 10 members. It was really, really cool!

This morning, hubby and I leave our hotel, get a half hour away...and realize we've left hanging clothes at the hotel. Damn backtracking...

This was kind of nice to get this afternoon, via Twitter:

clayaiken Happy Monday everyone! Wishing you a great week from all of us here at Team Clay.

It's also on his Facebook page!

treenuts, I'm with you -- who needs a stinkin' record player, I just want to frame the cover! BTW treenuts -- PM me. I have tickets....

Well I am now back in the land of the living, since the Shell Houston Open has been over a week and I need some help. When I try to post with quotes etc the formatting bar is across the middle of the post and I can't see to edit etc. cos it gets in the way. Any advice?

:welcome: back, merrieeee and Idyjocelyn!

Thnx again, tree. When a comment comes in, I receive an email from Blogspot. :snoopy:

I'm ready for some snippets. Anybody else? :clay:

Have a great week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Yay! -Kids back to school today

Boo! - Have to go all clayaikenfan on DS1 because his school report came last week

Boo! -Have to be mean Mum and ban all computer games and TV until next report comes showing good behaviour and paying

attention (which could stretch out until graduation!)

Boo! - House has not sold yet so have to be cleanaholic and suffer self-induced nervous breakdown over tidiness of house

every morning before I can go to work

Yay! - New CD sloooowly coming

Yay! - Clack is a coming for the geographically challenged!

Yay! - for FCA :flirtysmile3:

Yay! - for Couchies Taxes (Will you get a refund?)

Yay! -All in all more Yays! than Boos!

I finished my taxes! YAY. That's the only thing I can yay about.

Ha ha, I just send you an email, the first word of which was "Yay!" before I even read this. I also finished my taxes yesterday. I used to do them by hand every year and it took hours. Now I just buy the software for $35 or whatever and I can do mine and all the kids. It takes minutes.

:GM_FCA:

48 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

68 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

85 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

100 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I don't know nothing about boyfriends or boyfriends-in-law but I do know it is the last day for me to prepare taxes at the library. I will be free in about six hours. :dancetom:

My taxes are done but I hate to part with them. I'll probably electronic file anyways.

If you are talking about Reed, there is a new picture of him floating around..it is over at CV...from the photoshoot he did not too long ago...leaves very little to the imagination.

Kim

G'day FCA :hello: Just one question....

IS IT JUNE YET???

Okay, I lied. Two questions. Have we heard any more news about our boyfriend-in-law? :(

If you are talking about Reed, there is a new picture of him floating around..it is over at CV...from the photoshoot he did not too long ago...leaves very little to the imagination.

Kim

G'day FCA :hello: Just one question....

IS IT JUNE YET???

Okay, I lied. Two questions. Have we heard any more news about our boyfriend-in-law? :(

Ummmm. Yeah. :Thud:

But I was actually wondering about his health. *g*

ETA: the photo....

Lucky Clay.... lucky silks :flirtysmile3: (I'd still rather do Clay though ;-)

post-496-127118611887_thumb.jpg

Wow! the picture of Reed. This is a couple who are truely opposite. I think I like the man with three or more layers of clothes.

Just got back last night from Florida and trying to catch up with laundry and grocery shopping. I am ready for some Clay news. While I was gone I had my concert buddy checking to make sure tickets did not go on sale for the venue we will be attending. This looks like the only one I will be able to go to. I know I want good seats but will just be happy to see him from any point.

I would purchase a vinyl record of Clay's in.a.heartbeat! For the record jacket alone, babaay. *sa-woon*

I don't need no stickin' phonograph :P

tree... if you don't mind sayin', what were the family problems. I saw the end and thought it was his first Masters from the tears and how tight he held her.

liney, this is far from his first Masters. He has won it twice before but has "come sooo close" many times, only to blow it. He's just not very consistent in his game play but I love him for it just the same. This past year both his wife AND his mother were diagnosed with breast cancer :(

He competed very little on the circuit this year due to his wife Amy's difficult treatments and his mental game. When he did compete she and the kids were not able to be with him which made it more difficult for him (apparantly she was barely able to physically get out of bed and make the car ride down to the clubhouse just in time to see him win on the 18th). He took some heat for it because there was A LOT of hype in the golf community that he would take up the slack left by Tiger's absence at the big events. It was a minor hot mess all around.

tree... thanks for the info. The golf community can go fry itself... he did the right thing.

Reed has one gorgeous body... fans self frantically Clay is sexy to me because of the width of his shoulders, the twinkle in his eye, the smile on his face, and the hugeness of his heart. Clay's numero uno for me. I hope they both think they got soooo lucky... LOL

Reed has one gorgeous body... fans self frantically Clay is sexy to me because of the width of his shoulders, the twinkle in his eye, the smile on his face, and the hugeness of his heart. Clay's numero uno for me. I hope they both think they got soooo lucky... LOL

Amen! And you know - I believe they do.

:flirtysmile3:

:GM_FCA:

47 Days until June 1st and The New CD!:04:

67 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!

84 Days until Clay addresses The Key Club Convention!

99 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:helloFCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog includes the following segments: a splash about Clay being a headliner for the NC Theatre benefit; Raleigh's "Dancing With the Stars" fundraiser for the National Inclusion Project (with links to vote and donate); and the Clay Nation's snippet alert, accompanied by a handsome new wallpaper by Fountaindawg.

th_FD_CDs1.jpg

Clickable by Fountaindawg

I hope you enjoy the blog. Your comments and feedback are important at Google. Thank you to those who visited and commented in the previous entry. :wub:

Reed has a beautiful body.

Clay is sexy without trying....... and he doesn’t even realize it.

So true, ToldForThis. Ditto to cindilu2's post, too! :whistling-1:

:hugs-1: to all who need one.

Have a great day, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

From BBB-Blogger:

Broadway Profiles: Men of Broadway

Executive Producer: Gustavo Sagastume is president of International Media, a production, marketing and distribution company specializing in music programs for public television and partners world wide. He is Executive Producer of up-coming PBS specials THE CANADIAN TENORS LIVE IN TORONTO, GIRLS FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY and NIKKI YANOFSKI: LIVE IN MONTREAL, premiering on PBS in June and CLAY AIKEN: THIS IS THE TIME , ETHAN BORTNICK AND HIS MUSICAL TIME MACHINE and DAVID GARRET: ROCK SYMPHONY LIVE FROM BERLIN, premiering on PBS in August of 2010.