#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

From Facebook (and I'm guessing Twitter as well):

Clay Aiken Clay's appearance on Larry King Live tonight on CNN has been cancelled. He will not be appearing on the show.

Pooh. Oh well. I wonder if Jennifer will still be on? Or if I want to watch the rerun of the Madonna episode of "Glee" instead?

It's a STUNNING picture, IMO...and I think all of them from this shoot are going to be stunning as well.

Someone (I think it was merrieeee) mentioned the word "artistic" in conjunction with this picture. I so agree. The subject of the pictures, of course, is beautiful, but there's much more than that. The setting. The mood. The composition. In my mind, it really tells a story -- one that everyone will write in their own heads. Pictures like that impress me so much.

Can't wait for more!

Love the photo too but I'm wondering if he is going to be serious in all of them. Clay has such an infectious smile.

O/T, we had a bit of good news tonight. I believe that we are getting an offer to purchase on our little house tomorrow. We talked to a man who wants to buy it for his son. We are signing the contract tomorrow. It really sounds good particularly after I spent part of the afternoon mowing the yard with a push mower.

Hello!

Love the picture and saw it just in time before leaving to teach at the academy. I added it to the Carolina blog the minute it appeared on the OFC. :snoopy:

Didn't see the LKL tweet/post until I got home after 6. I'm kind of glad Clay wasn't there. He spent the interviews leading into OMWH being asked about his sexuality instead talking about the CD. I don't trust Larry all that much. :smack:

Have a great weekend, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

:GM_FCA:

37 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

57 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

74 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

89 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I watched LKL last night out of curiosity. I'm glad Clay didn't participate. That creepy pastor in the studio with Jennifer Knapp shouldn't have been given a platform for his ignorance. Especially not after his lame attempt to rebut the prohibition against eating shellfish in Leviticus by stating, straight-faced, that "God changed his mind about shellfish." It was game over pitiful, but I did get a good laugh out of that one. Anyway, for whatever reason that Clay didn't appear, the presence of that "pastor" justified his non-participation. If Larry King is going to talk to Clay, he should give him the whole damn hour.

I love the pictures of Clay. It's all a mood creation and he's an actor center stage. He exhilarates me. Don't know why, but he just does, and I accept it, most happily.

That creepy pastor in the studio with Jennifer Knapp shouldn't have been given a platform for his ignorance.

Sorry kf, but as a librarian, which makes me really, really like the First Amendment to the Constitution, I disagree. Here's why:

Especially not after his lame attempt to rebut the prohibition against eating shellfish in Leviticus by stating, straight-faced, that "God changed his mind about shellfish."

As much as the man is totally distasteful to me, by saying that, he showed his ignorance. My hope is that at least a few people who saw him, and who may have agreed with him before the show, went "whoa, this guy is bizarre," and maybe changed their minds.

Sadly, I'm afraid there are too many people in this country who don't have the critical thinking skills to realize that. But we've still got to try, right?

I do think that Clay would have stated his case against this....this...icky man and done it quite well. Clay's intelligence would have doubled the ignorance of the creepy pastor.

I love the pictures of Clay. It's all a mood creation and he's an actor center stage. He exhilarates me. Don't know why, but he just does, and I accept it, most happily.

Yeah, that. Mood creation. And I'll tell you, I'm in the mood right now!

Yeah, that. Mood creation. And I'll tell you, I'm in the mood right now!

:Thud:

I understand exactly what you're saying, LadyJ. And I understand that for me, it's a personal reaction to the kind of thing I grew up with and departed from, yet have always lived amongst. I've heard it all. Disseminating it with a far reach has grown it, because fear and exclusion sells to a lot of people. I would have never believed it would have gone this far with the mega-church kings, but it's all run by admen these days. They are selling a product that I'm shocked to see people buying. I just hope people get a belly-full soon enough and walk away. I very much get that exposing ignorance is a good thing, and benefits the open-minded, and I still believe that's most of us. But intolerance freaks me out, and it's my Catch-22, because I can't manage to tolerate it. I know the verse about not casting pearls before swine. I think avoiding casting swine before pearls is equally worth thinking about.

I just want you to know, LadyJ, that I love your librarian heart! :BlowKiss:

ClayandhisNook.jpg

From an advertisement for Barnes & Noble's Nook

This past February before the start of a National Inclusion event held in Florida, singer and actor Clay Aiken stole a few moments backstage to catch up on a little bit of reading on his nook. Clay is a co-founder of the National Inclusion Project.

Totally CUTE!!!! flirtysmile3.gif

kf, I TOTALLY understand your feeling. It is a Catch-22, and it frustrates me as much as I think it frustrates you!

I suppose there's a certain degree of irony in my saying THANK GOD I'm a heathen and don't have to carry around all this sin-bullshit baggage.

Love the Nook picture! Is it just me or does that sound a bit dirty?

It's not just you Lucky, I started snickering like a teenage boy and was about attempt a (lame) risque post.

WTH is a Nook? (Other than ,say, a breakfast nook?)

Is it some kind of electronic book? Is it the same as a kindle?

Did they just leave off the "ie" :whistling-1: ?

The Nook is the Barnes and Noble version of the Kindle. It's a pretty sweet machine, I wouldn't mind having one.

When I was posting that picture, the first time I typed "Hook." Then I typed "Nooky." Hee.

After the PBS taping I posted the following comments on a couple of other boards. I was not a member here at that time. I wrote about running into my best childhood friend and her husband in the parking lot of Memorial Aud. after the show. After jumping up and down for a few minutes and hugging each other, I asked her if she is a Clay fan, and she said, "I am now." She also said that she would buy several of his cd's for herself and other people.

I emailed her recently to let her know about when the public sale was starting for Bringing Broadway Home. I got an email from her tonight. She and her hubby got tickets!! THEY'RE HOOKED!! Keep reeling them in, Clay.

After the PBS taping I posted the following comments on a couple of other boards. I was not a member here at that time. I wrote about running into my best childhood friend and her husband in the parking lot of Memorial Aud. after the show. After jumping up and down for a few minutes and hugging each other, I asked her if she is a Clay fan, and she said, "I am now." She also said that she would buy several of his cd's for herself and other people.

I emailed her recently to let her know about when the public sale was starting for Bringing Broadway Home. I got an email from her tonight. She and her hubby got tickets!! THEY'RE HOOKED!! Keep reeling them in, Clay.

That's so cool that you saw an old friend, and even cooler that they were hooked! I hope a ton of people are hooked just like them!!

I'm gonna have to check out the nook. I want to get my mom a book reader for mother's day or her birthday (both in May). She loves my sister's kindle but to me it leaves a bit to be desired so I want to check out the Sony Reader and I guess this one. Or maybe the latest Kindle has some improvements? Does anyone have any of these.

I don't know why Clay didn't appear on Larry King but I can't say I'm sorry about it. Nice photo!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hey Couchie and everyone!!!

I have a Kindle and I really like it. I carry it to dr's appts and other places where I'll need some reading material. I think the main advantage of the Kindle is that you don't need a computer to get new books. It's wireless and the wireless service is no additional charge. You can buy a new book anywhere you can get a signal.

It doesn't have a backlight which at times is inconvenient but is also easier on your eyes. There are inexpensive lightweight clip-on lights you can buy to go with it. I bought one a couple of months ago and have only used it once so far.

Here's a video (and a selection of others) that compares the 3 e-readers - Nook, Sony, and Kindle.

I've had my Kindle almost a year now. The kids gave me Amzon GC's last year to help me buy it. Now my daughter has one too.

I haven't researched the Nook Book but I've heard that the main advantage to it is that you can trade/borrow books from other users.

Good luck!!

:GM_FCA:

36 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

56 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

73 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

88 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim