#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

:GM_FCA:

5 Days until Clay is on Talk Stoop

:yahoo:

8 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

11 Days until The Clay Aiken/Chaka Duet Premieres on Disney Radio!

:dancetom:

18 Days until Clay's Phineas & Ferb Episode Premieres!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

ausdon, you can always come visit us.You always have company since we can't go to all the concerts and some can't afford any.Hopefully someday there will be a contest providing round trip airfare with the tickets. You never know.

Is it just me or is it difficult to follow a conversation at the OFC? It's certainly a challange for me.

couchie, are you still coming to Asheville? Can't wait to see what's in store for us. Logistically, I don't see how they are going to get musicians. Did anyone find out if Ben or Jesse will be handling this? I know there are some who are their friends on Face Book.

From ClayIzzaQT at CV:

Twitter- UNCTV Clay Aiken live in our studios Sept 11 at 8 PM for the NC premiere of TnT Live.

:flirtysmile3: :thbighug-1: :clap: :04:

Paging Raleigh native jmh! I get the appeal of Kripy Kremes (as I’m drooling at the very thought of those little sticky bits of heaven on earth) but I need a little explanation of Cheerwine. What’s it supposed to taste like?

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/06/30/559128/krispy-kreme-cheerwine-doughnut.html

Paging Raleigh native jmh! I get the appeal of Kripy Kremes (as I'm drooling at the very thought of those little sticky bits of heaven on earth) but I need a little explanation of Cheerwine. What's it supposed to taste like?

http://www.newsobser...e-doughnut.html

Not jmh, but I'm pretty sure Cheerwine (soda) is actually made in NC (and has been for a long time). I'd call it similar to Cherry Coke or maybe Dr. Pepper but a lot fizzier.

I just asked my NC friend how she'd describe it and she said 'bubbly cherry soda, kinda like cherrier Cherry coke'.

Paging Raleigh native jmh! I get the appeal of Kripy Kremes (as I'm drooling at the very thought of those little sticky bits of heaven on earth) but I need a little explanation of Cheerwine. What's it supposed to taste like?

Not jmh, but I'm pretty sure Cheerwine (soda) is actually made in NC (and has been for a long time). I'd call it similar to Cherry Coke or maybe Dr. Pepper but a lot fizzier.

I just asked my NC friend how she'd describe it and she said 'bubbly cherry soda, kinda like cherrier Cherry coke'.

Cheerwine is made in Salisbury, N.C. I used to live there a long time ago when I was in the early stages of my teaching career. I loved it then, but I stopped drinking it when I found out if you spill it on a light colored rug, you will not get it out! LOL

I haven't tasted the Krispy Kreme/Cheerwine combo, but I just can't see messing with a good thing like a KK doughnut.

And EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! to the UNC-TV announcement of live T&T with Clay!

Paging Raleigh native jmh! I get the appeal of Kripy Kremes (as I’m drooling at the very thought of those little sticky bits of heaven on earth) but I need a little explanation of Cheerwine. What’s it supposed to taste like?

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/06/30/559128/krispy-kreme-cheerwine-doughnut.html

Yo! I used to drink way too much Cheerwine! It's sweeter than cherry coke, and probably has more caffeine too. It's lovely evil stuff. I have a large bottle in my frig right now--couldn't resist a special.

Now, the donuts? I dunno. I don't normally care for chocolate and fruit combined, like chocolate covered cherries and so forth, so I don't think I'd like the donuts much. I did see them in the store the other day.

Yo! I used to drink way too much Cheerwine! It's sweeter than cherry coke, and probably has more caffeine too. It's lovely evil stuff. I have a large bottle in my frig right now--couldn't resist a special.

Now, the donuts? I dunno. I don't normally care for chocolate and fruit combined, like chocolate covered cherries and so forth, so I don't think I'd like the donuts much. I did see them in the store the other day.

Oh my lord, I so want some of those!! I love cherry and chocolate together and Krispy Kreme's cream filled chocolate glazed are my absolute favorite. Wish I could get those in California. LOL

Love the cartoon, can't wait to see it!

Last day of work for me and then two weeks of vacation! We leave Wednesday morning for NC..so looking forward to this trip and seeing Clay on stage again...been way too long.

4 Days until Clay is on Talk Stoop!:yahoo:

7 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

10 Days until The Clay/Chaka duet premieres on Disney Radio!

17 Days until Clay is on Phineas and Ferb!

Kim

Oooooo, got Clay's package yesterday. So firm, so fully packed. :flirtysmile3:

Yes, I love that beach towel -- I got the orange one and I love the shade of orange. The draw-cord tote is really neat and I'm so happy with my purchase even though I thought it was over-priced when I ordered. It's really a cool Clay product. I didn't expect to like it so much because I just bought it hoping that Clay and Parker wouldn't have to go hungry this summer, and now it's one of my favorite packages ever!

This has been one great summer already, and the tour hasn't even started. I'm pumped and ready for CLACTION!

And .... I got my fabulous new Galaxy S yesterday -- and you're ON, LdyJ. Thanks!

Woohoo kf! Glad you're enjoying Clay's package, LOL.

I don't necessarily feel "on" today though...Oh, wait. Hee. I'm glad I made it through, sorry I missed you. Enjoy that phone, can't wait to see it in -- gosh, TWO WEEKS! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That Phineas and Ferb thing is cute. Now, I just have to figure out if I have that channel on my TV!

The cartoon is definitely a winner. :flirtysmile3:

I am working on a special blog. Besides the Ft. Myers concert when Clay turned her camera on her, what is your favorite Scarlett video or experience? Thnx for your input; PM's will be appreciated. Scarlett doesn't know about this, btw. :)

Have an awesome Friday, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

That's a tough one caro. I think I have about 3 hard drives full of videos. A way to cheat might be to go to the CH where they used to do ratings of the best of videos from the various tours. Don't think they did SRHP though.

Getting excited about the Asheville concert. Got a handicapped parking sticker for Mr Fear. The parking people at Asheville will assist with parking. He has a doctor's appointment next Friday so we will leave from there.

Off to get a haircut. Maybe Clay is getting one too. For the tour and all. I though his hair has been looking really good lately. I'm just not a hair complainer, I guess.

Have a fantastic, supercalafragalistic day. :hello:

Face Book Information from CV on Privacy Settings and Phone Numbers:

And talking about FB: goldarngirl noted that FB now is listing your phone number and your home address. If you don't want to share this info it is important that you go and switch it off in your privacy settings. I also found when I did this that some settings I had made friends only had morphed into Everyone even though I know I haven't touched my profile in a couple of months. Talk about aggravating in the extreme. While there I would check your privacy settings to make sure it is still set to what you would like to share.

Go to the top right of your screen,click Account then Edit Friends. Go to the left side of your screen and click Phonebook. Everyone's phone#'s are now being published. Please repost to let your friends know this is happening so they can remove......their..phone #'s by changing their.privacy settings. (Go to Privacy Settings- Phone - Customize - Only Me)

:GA_FCA:

Scarlett, one of the Clay Nation's clack goddesses extraordinaire, and I share the same birthday. However, she is currently 17 hours ahead and already celebrating July 17 in Russia. The new Carolina On My Mind blog honors a good friend with some of her own wonderful clack.

I hope you will drop by and wish Scarlett a Happy Birthday. Despite my many questions, she was very surprised about the blog. ("OMG, I've never had a page like this!") I had just asked her when she will be returning (July 20 so she will be at the first Timeless Tour concert!). Then I suggested she visit the Carolina site. HEEE!!! :cryingwlaughter:

merrieeee posted this link RE Atlanta's 8/1 PBS telecast, as well as an interview next week. Great news about all the PBS times coming in! :yahoo:

Thank you for your comments, visits, tweets, retweets, FB posts, links, etc. I see the blog is listed at Google. Have an awesome day, all! :snoopy:

Some bigger scans of the EW Phineas and Ferb screenshot, with text.

Google Picasa version, downloads about 275kb if you hit the zoom button before right clicking

575Kb Version on Sendspace. 300dpi

If someone wants a 600dpi version, let me know. It is a cartoon in a magazine, so I don't know how much the higher resolution would add.

Oh, thank you kimiye! Those are awesome! :yahoo:

Many thnx for your sweet comments to Scarlett in the Carolina blog, the OFC version, and at Facebook. The blog truly took her by surprise (which was way too much fun!), and I want to share with you part of her latest email:

It's so nice to hear from people I've met in the fandom -- your gift just keeps giving the whole day through. I'm alone in a room 7,000 miles away from everyone but it's like I'm walking around in a pre-concert dinner! ...so fun and so good that we'll all be doing this for real over the next few weeks. :)

Soon it will be July 18, the "day after" where Scarlett is, and she's coming home on the 20th. Thnx again for making her day. Lord knows she makes ours with all that wonderful clack! :twinklewhore:

Have a great evening, all! :flirtysmile3:

3 Days until Clay is on Talk Stoop!:yahoo:

6 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

9 Days until The Clay/Chaka duet premieres on Disney Radio!

16 Days until The Premiere of Clay's Phineas & Ferb Episode!

Kim