#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Oooo, I see couchie's inviting people to my house again!

I filed that away for future use! :whistling-1:

Does anybody know of any CD release parties in the SF Bay Area? For ATDW we were at Virgin Records............very late night.

I think I've done all of the preordering I can so far, too, and I'm also registered at QVC. Heeee, with all of these options, methinks Clay will have a very nice first week of sales. The internet fans can't completely drive good sales, but we sure do help! Especially when we have to have every single bonus track out there!

I got nothin' except I have to say, your avatar is delectable.

Seriously.

It looks like a movie.

A really, really good movie.

I'm so glad you like it! I'll post again, just so you can see it again.

Oooooooh, I LOVE the downloaded version of the Amazon video! The quality of the video is surprisingly good. Clay is so into the music, and it's fun to see Kipper and the musicians at work, too. I'm gonna grab me a screencap of that chord sheet, just so I can see if I've been playing the right chords at the piano. At first glance it looks like I got most of them!

I'll order the QVC album, even if the bonus tracks are mostly repeats from other albums. And I'd LOVE a studio recording of WINY. I enjoyed the acoustic set from that concert so much, and WINY is a gorgeous song. I think it's cool that Clay has been around long enough to have a body of work to choose bonus tracks from. Of course, us rabid fans have all of the old stuff already, but there are other people out who don't. And a clean, hi-quality version of the TITN video would be great to drool over!

TITNvideoanimation.gif:hubbahubba:

Iseeme...I haven't heard anything about a bay area party and I'm usually on the no cal email list. Maybe the normal organizers will be in NYC. I normally take some sort of small role in helping plan but this year I'll be flying home from NYC on the 5th. I was at the last party for ATDW. I've handled the haiku contest at both release parties. I'm sure we've gone to several of the same events... like me and wandacleo..I'd seen her around but we had never met. hmmmm where is wandacleo?

I think I'll go watch that video again!!

do we have a thread for Spamalot recappage? I can't find it so if i post this in the wrong thread, feel free to move it :)

from BEEDAWN at CH...bolded part crack me up.

From BFS of the OFC with permission:

Hi all,

Back from the tonight's show..

And I got to tell you something...a blogger a few days ago commented on Clay's energy on stage, and I have to tell you he glows, your eyes are just drawn to him, he looks like he is enjoying each and every minute, and that he is as fresh as a daisy in the role. I think it was especially noticeable tonight b/c Hannah and Rick were both out. He is quite simply put a joy to watch....

Okay some random observations:

I noticed tonight that when the scene started with the King, Clay was quite taken aback...not sure why he reacted that way, but it was funny....

dear God, this man has disdain down to a science...his I-could-care-less who you are and what you want is priceless...he so bored by the conversation before it even starts...he and Jonathan's chemistry is quite good in this scene...

when he was doing the weight ratio tonight he did the balance thing with this hands like he had an orange in each hand and was trying to decide which was heavier...very effective...

he did the sing song anywaaaaays....

During bring out your dead...when the dead come alive off of the cart after Lance hits Fred over the head...Clay used his triangle as as shield and stuck it out in front of him as if to ward them off...

I think that Brad is really growing into the role (and I must say is quite handsome, he came out of stage door and was talking to someone, I was able to snap a picture, will post it later)

And when he was talking to the King...he said something that really annoyed him and grrr'd like a bear and did claw hands it was quite funny....

When Clay comes out as Sir Robin he has a death grip on the chicken shows how he choked it and appears quite proud....

He continues to finesse his leechiness and peers up the skirts of the girls during the Camelot scene...when the girls start dancing with the maces he runs to the wall and is afraid to turn around...when he does he the kicks and other dance gestures....He wanted the glove but it was thrown behind him tonight...

He got a very nice laugh with Idol of the ages....and his Spam number....

At the French Taunters castle...no time to pet the pony, but a very nice dismount...of course the horse riding scene is hysterical...also he transitions so well into Spring and Summer and does so effortless, you could almost miss it ...Spring he is all fresh and then summer he is drooping...i am impressed by his quick transition....

At the Castle he did the kick/fighting stance thing that i find so adorable...

no cow abuse tonight...i like when he picks on the cow....

He was so funny and puffed up during the minsteral song, it was quite funny to watch him deflate...and boy did he get laughs for pooping his pants...he is so funny and adept ...he owns the part of pooping his pants...

His solo...he owns it and it is a joy to watch....

Tom...you gotta love Tom and all his bendy self...his scene is so funny and he was extremely rubbery tonight...he worked it pretty hard b/c Anthony isn't quite as funny as Rick

Brad and Clay have the guard scene down so well....when Brad turns to leave and Clay looks up at his Pike thingy and becomes entranced with it's reflection and then with the ribbons so much so that he starts to braid them...all the while Brad is standing behind just looking at with utter amazement and frustration...it is hysterical to say the least....omg ...Clay has nailed that part and it just gets funnier and funnier...

Clay explained the blow me...below me joke to David tonight...it was a fun interaction to watch

The peasant was a husband of a Clay fan or maybe he is the fan...when asked his name he replied Kelly Ripa...big laugh...Jonathan said we handle the jokes ...and busted his chops a bit...gave his real name ...Clay did the not a handshake thing and the cutest "well alright then" kind of face...

Jenny is no Hannah, but she is very nice ...I talked to her after the picture taking...Jenny indicated that she would be performing all week...She said Emily injured her back...I asked about Hannah and she said she was fine...I mentioned my brother in law and she said to tell him hi...

Anthony is funny, but the energy is bit low without Rick and especially with Hannah..still very funny...but not the same

Ok the auction...right before it started...someone yelled, "I love you Clay" and he grinned and then someone yelled "I love you more" ...Clay responded with "we will find out"

They auctioned Clay's chicken tonight and unlike last night it wasn't a bidding war...they started it at 400...and then had to drop it to 300 and then it went for 500....they may have to re think selling the chicken every night...though 500 for a chicken isn't too bad...or maybe this wasn't a chicken buying audience...i think he should sell his coconuts...

I bought an autograph playbill...I asked one of the girls how long it took to get them ready...and she said that this is what they did btwn the shows on the weekends...my playbill is from March...I really wanted something with the whole casts siggy...so now i do....

I would say about 15 or 20 people got their picture with Clay...The chicken winner got her picture taken and Clay showed her how to choke the chicken for the picture...

Some people tried to take pictures during the photo op and security made them delete them...

As always a very enjoyable and fun filled night...

Thanks BJ for going with me...

this recap may travel

I think the bid will be much higher if he told 'em he would show them how to choke his chicken... :P

ETA: from desertflower at the CH

Carmen R has written an article for a Utah Paper. Yes there is a Clay mention.

Not All Idol Finalists Are Treated Equally

A FEW WEEKS ago, I was asked an interesting question: "How much coaching do each of the contestants get on 'American Idol'?"

Truth be told, not a whole lot — at least not during Season 2 when I performed. The kinks were still being ironed out. And the small amount of coaching we did receive was not evenly distributed.

I only received minimal vocal coaching from "American Idol" voice instructor Debra Byrd. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I actually received applicable, specific advice from her. Most of the time, it was, "You sound good. Just do your thing." Or, "You need to work on your high notes."

One day, as I was waiting downstairs for my private singing lesson, Clay Aiken was in the music room. I could hear him going over and over his song, dissecting it.

Finally, after about 30 minutes, the door opened. It was my turn. I walked in and sang my song about three times before being dismissed. Hardly the personal one-on-one attention Aiken had just received.

SSHHHHHH! Don't tell anyone. I just received my sooper sekrit insider** information on the QVC bonus tracks and I'm only going to tell my bestest Internet buddies (all 36,718 of them.)

Are you ready? These are the bonus tracks. I have it on very good authority, trust me. I'd tell you how, but I'm under a restraining order pledged to secrecy.

Back for More

Just You

Tears Run Dry

one track TBD from MoaM (see if people like it, they'll go buy the whole CD)

one of the original tracks from ATDW since nobody listened to them. Probably Everything I Have.

** OK, it was inside the Cheerios box with the secret decoder ring, but that counts, doesn't it?

IMO, the QVC appearance is totally aimed at people who are NOT already fans........it's a totally new avenue for him, and seeing how well others have done there, I expect he will as well, even without "our" help. All the disappointment that I'm reading at various boards over the 5 bonus tracks CMSU (and who knows how correct the CB poster is, anyways!) Seriously, it happens time and time again in this fandom......someone ferrets something out, in this case 5 bonus tracks........hopes get raised, sometimes to ridiculous heights.......wheeeeeeeeeeee, 5 new songs!!!!1!!!11!!!............and then they come crashing down when it turns out to be something completely different that what people hoped it would be. But for someone who ISN'T already a fan, those 5 bonuses would be pretty cool, since they may not already own MOAM. And for me, I think having a studio version of WINY would be pretty darned cool! I've been wanting that since we first heard about it in 2003. And if Clay is really including the TITN video....well, wow. Times sure have changed. :cryingwlaughter: Can't wait to get that puppy in my hands.

Or, you know, this could all be a pipe dream. When I first heard the number 5, I thought more along the lines of something live. But I can tell you right now I'll be buying one from QVC, regardless what bonuses it includes. And not in advance either (if that is even possible). Don't want to jeopardize Clay's appearance on the show.

Off to download the Amazon full screen version video. :)

And my last comment (for now) on Clive is that there isn't a 20/20 forward looking business model in any business, much less the entertainment segment. And Clive doesn't comment on the majority of CDs he "makes" his artists put out. Hell, Clive doesn't usually hand out pseudo-double platinum awards either. Can anyone say anything Clive said about any of Britney's CDs? And Britney has been 20 times the money maker Clay has been. Can anyone even name the heads of the other labels? And what they said about various CDs? Clive comments on what he likes, I don't know if he likes Clay's stuff. I understand Clay when he says "Better the devil you know" - because I haven't seen any real indication that Clay would do any better under any other label.

Frankly, there's no one in the Clay Nation who really knows was the "NJUs" want. Hell, the NJUs don't even know what "they" want. And in general, Clive has had a pretty decent track record. Not perfect. But pretty decent. And I. simply from a business point of view, don't see Clive as trying to damage Clay's career. Now, does he have Clay's best interests at heart? I doubt it. But in general, I doubt that anyone but Clay (and probably his mama) has his best interests at heart. And that goes for much of the fandom too.

Amen! :)bolding mine...

As you may, or may not, know...my eldest is a huge DMB fan and belongs to a huge DMB message board. DMB was pretty much the original internet fanbase. Anywho...we have in the past talked about how similar are fandoms are. Since DMB is also on RCA I asked him what the DMB fans thought of Clive Davis.

He said.... who's Clive Davis? :cryingwlaughter:

Seriously, it happens time and time again in this fandom......someone ferrets something out, in this case 5 bonus tracks........hopes get raised, sometimes to ridiculous heights.......wheeeeeeeeeeee, 5 new songs!!!!1!!!11!!!............and then they come crashing down when it turns out to be something completely different that what people hoped it would be.

Yep. Predictable even.

----

Boy am I glad it's Friday! :lilredani:

I'll buy one of anything if it has something I don't have. I'll wait to have this list verified but if it's correct, WINY is a song I love and I'd pay extra to have a studio copy of it.

I'm even easier than most of you, because if it simply has a pretty, pretty picture, but is all old material, I'll buy it. Heck, I did that with MOAM, when the SoliMOAM's showed up. And the Asian MOAMs. I think I probably have 5 different versions of MOAM around my house.

So yeah, I'll be buying.

I also agree that this is probably a way for some new people to get a sample of his older material (assuming, of course, that it is true). lilyshine, I actually had that thought too -- that maybe we'd finally get studio versions on the JBT new songs. Heh. I also, like luckiest, thought it might be live versions of some tracks. Whatever, I'll take 2 of everything. I'm too easy.

Sometimes, I think that the marketing team for Clay has a thankless job. They've got to walk that fine line between offering stuff to bring in new people, and yet pleasing the die-hard fans. Sometimes, alienating one group or the other is inevitable. So, I think they've done a pretty good job. But then, I know I'm biased. *g*

I woke up this morning to the radio, and from what I hear -- the EARTHQUAKE we had here in Illinois should have awakened me first! Yikes! Of course, I sleep like a rock most of the time, and didn't feel a thing!

10 years ago today....I married my best friend. *sigh* I love my husband so very much. He puts up with so much from me sometimes -- I'm sure when he married me he wasn't expecting that 5 years later, he'd be dealing with a rabid Clay Aiken fan. *g* Anyway, I'll probably be unavailable for most of the weekend, if you know what I mean. Heh.

ldyj wrote:

Sometimes, I think that the marketing team for Clay has a thankless job. They've got to walk that fine line between offering stuff to bring in new people, and yet pleasing the die-hard fans. Sometimes, alienating one group or the other is inevitable. So, I think they've done a pretty good job. But then, I know I'm biased. *g*

I agree about the job. It's impossible to please everyone. Even the 'die hard' fans aren't always happy with the same thing. lol.

What puzzles me is the TITN video being thrown into the mix. I mean, if that wasn't on the kleewolf's list I wouldn't have batted an eye. That video is 4 years old and looks nothing like the Clay Aiken of today (talking about the spikey hair). Why would you want to spread that image of yourself to the new perspective fans? They won't see that image looking at them from the cover of the new CD. Strange.

ldyj...Happy Anniversary! Here's hoping I don't see you around much this weekend. *g*

Good Morning Everyone,

10 Days until Clay is QVC!

16 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

18 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

28 Days until The Climmel!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

10 years ago today....I married my best friend. *sigh* I love my husband so very much. He puts up with so much from me sometimes -- I'm sure when he married me he wasn't expecting that 5 years later, he'd be dealing with a rabid Clay Aiken fan. *g* Anyway, I'll probably be unavailable for most of the weekend, if you know what I mean. Heh.

Screw Clay Aiken! (Line forms to the left of the SD) This is the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. *sigh*

Happy Anniversary ldjy!!!!

Well, as much as I hate to be predictable.....

I AM disappointed in the alleged QVC bonus tracks. I understand this is aimed at the NJU types, but I can bet you big money they are also counting on the "us" types to buy our share! It is important on QVC when they have that little counter thing going showing how many have been purchased and keep announcing the numbers that those numbers go up quickly. It fuels others to buy and buy quickly less they sell out. So trust me when I tell you they want it to appeal to the "us" crowd just as much if not more that the NJU folks.

That said, IF these are the bonuses, for the price they will charge for this CD, plus their always rather exorbitant shipping and handling and, for some tax, it may not be worth it to many of the "us" folks to put out the money for stuff we already have - in multiple forms. Yes, I would like to hear a studio recording of WINY - and I bet I will be able to get it even if I don't buy the QVC edition, but $25 or more for that one song?? I am poor. I have spent far too much money on "Spamalot". I have other bills to pay. I normally only buy one CD and download one from iTunes, but if there are other "presents" to be had which I want, then I will buy others. I am just not sure I want WINY badly enough to put out the money.

And I can completely understand why many are disappointed. Yes, I was hoping they were new songs. As YSRN pointed out last night with Elliott Yamin, there can be many "bonus" tracks lying around. There could be songs that didn't make the CD. There could have been "Kyrie" which he mentioned wanting on the CD. He once mentioned they had a completed studio version of JY. I would have loved that. I would even like professional live versions of some of his songs. As for a video, why not something like what was on Amazon? That would be far more of a bonus than the ancient TITN video (which I love) - far more relevant. But just tracks off MOAM and a 5 year old video that doesn't even look like him any more? To me that's ancient history and frankly, many who tune into QVC may already have it. It actually sold well, remember? Many haven't followed Clay since then and may be tuning into to see what he's been up to since MOAM - not a trip down memory lane.

So yeah, IF this report is true I am disappointed. And I will probably not buy the QVC edition (although he may give me an eye f*ck in those QVC studios and I will be dialing my cell phone so fast it would make your head spin!). And that is ok. I love and adore the man and will be there to cheer him on. I don't have to buy 7 of everything he puts out. I may not buy the Walmart one either since I boycott Walmart for reasons more important that Clay. And while I agree we should stream the stuff from the internet, frankly because our cup runneth over with so many goodies, I don't have the time! I have only had time to watch the Amazon one twice - once from Amazon and once from the download. I haven't streamed OMWH for a week. I haven't listened to it other than the video for that long because I don't want to get tired of it before the CD comes out!

IMO its ok for some to be disappointed in the QVC bonuses or anything else he does. As he himself said, there are things some will like and things some won't - and of course some will like everything and some will like nothing except complaining about what they don't like. I think it great so many are happy about the bonuses at QVC IF the report is true. I just don't want anyone to feel as if they are wrong or less of a Clay fan if they are disappointed and no one should make them feel that way.

And I am NOT saying anyone here is doing that......

I am beyond excited about everything that is happening leading up to this CD release. I am beyond excited about the CD - period - and the CUTE guy singing on it. I love and adore "Spamalot". Can't wait to hear about more TV appearances. These are exciting times to be a Clay fan - even if one is dissapointed about the alleged QVC bonuses.

One thing I sure am not disappointed with is Clay!!

0330159.jpg

And I am really not disappointed that it is FINALLY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO the hell HOO!

ETA: Happy anniversary Ldyj! You may feel lucky to have found your hubby but you know what? He is a very lucky man to have found you!

look what i found in Google News

CLAY AIKEN SPAMS-A-LOT

Clay Aiken challenges me to a trivia game he’s reading off the menu when we meet upstairs at Planet Hollywood in Times Square. (Help! I only had a free movie pass from 2005-2007.)

He’s moments away from getting his handprints to celebrate his role in Monty Python’s Spamalot when he admits this is his first time in the eatery.

“I’ve never been before, but is that Spamalot on the TV now? Look at that! It’s very busy. It’s a very excitable place. There’s a lot of memorabilia that I’ve never seen before. I didn’t really know the importance of it, but now that I see everything else they have hanging here, it’s an interesting honor to have my hands put beside some much bigger names than mine.”

The North Carolina native, 29, is in work mode now that he’s wrapping up his run in the Tony-award winning musical May 4. His fourth album On My Way Here will be released two days later on May 6.

Poor Clay. He tells me he hasn’t had any free time to enjoy life in NYC, and he shakes his head “no” when asked about his plans to vacation this summer. (He also squanches a roundup question about Madonna.)

Since Spamalot is the topic du jour, why did this American Idol finalist have to have this role?

“Well, the reason we chose to do this show is because it was so different from any other Broadway show out there,” he tells me. “It’s silly, it’s more about acting than it is about singing, it’s about pushing me out of my comfort zone. That’s what made it exciting.”

How does he compare to his zany character Sir Robin?

“Oh gosh. Hm. Probably in more ways than I care to admit. I’m very timid in a lot of situations. I don’t think I’m quite as dumb as he is, and I’ve never soiled my own pants, but [coughs] I’m timid in some ways but the character of Robin is very cartoonish in general. All of them are.”

Moments after we chat, Clay sticks his hands in wet concrete. With mouth agape, he poses for photos with sticky residue on his hands.

“I’m blind!” he exclaims after flashes pop. “Am I going to fall?” he says, as he stumbles into the Spamalot sign.

Should he tumble, hundreds of Claymates are clamoring to catch him – including one former OK! staffer who stepped out to greet him during her lunch hour.

Clay is grateful for the love of his fans.

“They’ve been very supportive. Some of them have been many times, and still laugh at it every single time.”

Catch Clay in Monty Python’s Spamalot, which takes place at Broadway’s Shubert Theatre now through May 4.

There's a nice photo of the blogger with Clay...now if only we can find a way to make it bigger.

and something else from buckeyebroad at CB:

When looking for the Presley/Pippa video, noticed the David Foster video where he says America got it right with Clarkson and Underwood but wrong with Ruben and Taylor.

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?i...#videoid=239592

the video is on the right hand side, under "Hottest Videos"

ETAA: happy anniversary Ldyj!!!

I woke up this morning to the radio, and from what I hear -- the EARTHQUAKE we had here in Illinois should have awakened me first! Yikes! Of course, I sleep like a rock most of the time, and didn't feel a thing!

I’m in Louisville on the tenth floor of a hotel and it shook me awake – out of a dead sleep, so it scared the hell out of me. Then I realized what it was. Pretty good shake.

Happy Anniversary!!!

QVC bonus tracks? I’m not going to waste a lot of time and ink on something that is most likely not true.

DMB was pretty much the original internet fanbase.

Don't forget the Grateful Dead--the fans were on the "net" the minute there was a net to be on. (And were signed by Clive at one time.)

Have a great day everyone!!!

That said, IF these are the bonuses, for the price they will charge for this CD, plus their always rather exorbitant shipping and handling and, for some tax, it may not be worth it to many of the "us" folks to put out the money for stuff we already have - in multiple forms. Yes, I would like to hear a studio recording of WINY - and I bet I will be able to get it even if I don't buy the QVC edition, but $25 or more for that one song?? I am poor. I have spent far too much money on "Spamalot". I have other bills to pay. I normally only buy one CD and download one from iTunes, but if there are other "presents" to be had which I want, then I will buy others. I am just not sure I want WINY badly enough to put out the money.

Well, if you want to be strictly technical, you can get every song Clay (or just about any other artist out there) for free. There are probably a fair number of people out there who have most of Clay's tracks off every CD he's put out but didn't pay for them because they didn't think it was worth it. I don't think anyone can really make anyone pay for a song they don't like. And I think all QVC cares about is selling whatever they have, and they know they can't even come close enough to make everyone happy. For me, and a number of other fans, WINY is worth it. LAA isn't particularly worth it to me as having again, but I'll deal. And I would say even though you aren't counting them, it's not really 1 extra song for $25 - it is 17 songs (1 with a video) if the information is accurate; and of the 12 "new" ones, you already have two. It's not his fault you already have the songs (wait a minute, well I guess it is his fault - but what he's really pushing ultimately are the 11/12 new ones. The bonus is just that - a bonus. A little lagniappe.

I don't think apparently feeling "cheated" makes anyone less of a Clay fan - I do occasionally think people are wrong and will tell them about it. But then again, I do that in all aspects of my life. Now, do I convince people to change their minds? Sometimes. Do people occasionally convince me to change mine? Occasionally (happily my family isn't here to yelp "Rarely!") Do people occasionally agree with me just to shut me up? I can live with that too! Do some of my favorite people and I have long, pointless arguments about stuff that doesn't really matter - for years even? (Quick, who's better? Kirk or Picard? Star Trek vs. Star Wars? Who would win: The Emperor or Q? Salt or sugar on your melon?) Why, yes, we do!

If someone disagrees with you, that "thinking they are wrong" sort of comes with the territory. It's neither a bad thing nor an incurable condition. And I don't even much want to get started on the "bad fan" thing.

SSHHHHHH! Don't tell anyone. I just received my sooper sekrit insider** information on the QVC bonus tracks and I'm only going to tell my bestest Internet buddies (all 36,718 of them.)

Are you ready? These are the bonus tracks. I have it on very good authority, trust me. I'd tell you how, but I'm under a restraining order pledged to secrecy.

Back for More

Just You

Tears Run Dry

one track TBD from MoaM (see if people like it, they'll go buy the whole CD)

one of the original tracks from ATDW since nobody listened to them. Probably Everything I Have.

** OK, it was inside the Cheerios box with the secret decoder ring, but that counts, doesn't it?

lilyshine... BWAH!!! I like your list, by the way.

ldyj... Happy Anniversary!!! Have a "great" weekend!!!

KAndre... how philosophical you have been lately... :F_05BL17blowkiss: Clay so knows he can't please everyone. Heck, if there were two fans in a room with him, they would have differing reactions to him, what he said, what he wore, how his hair was, etc. I believe he'll always do the best he can to please both his fans and himself at the same time... an difficult task, but then he's used to doing the difficult and making it look easy!

I like your way of looking at the QVC thingy... 17 songs, most of which are new. Works for me!

I'm leaving , I'm leaving but first - Carmen being testy, heh <---ok, I edited it, but I stand by testy to worry about it to this date

Not all 'Idol' finalists are treated equally

A FEW WEEKS ago, I was asked an interesting question: "How much coaching do each of the contestants get on 'American Idol'?"

Truth be told, not a whole lot — at least not during Season 2 when I performed. The kinks were still being ironed out. And the small amount of coaching we did receive was not evenly distributed.

I only received minimal vocal coaching from "American Idol" voice instructor Debra Byrd. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I actually received applicable, specific advice from her. Most of the time, it was, "You sound good. Just do your thing." Or, "You need to work on your high notes."

One day, as I was waiting downstairs for my private singing lesson, Clay Aiken was in the music room. I could hear him going over and over his song, dissecting it.

Finally, after about 30 minutes, the door opened. It was my turn. I walked in and sang my song about three times before being dismissed. Hardly the personal one-on-one attention Aiken had just received.

After that, I was at a point to spend more time working with someone who was focused on helping me. That's when I began calling Utah vocal coach Dean Kaelin more frequently...........................

Carmen, listening to you sing 3 times could have felt like a lifetime to Byrd.

shoves Aristotle over...

I was thinking AGAIN (I could get used to this thinking stuff - it seems to be occasionally interesting. Ain't gonna do too much of it though - don't want my brain to get all lumpy.), maybe the five bonus thingies are to show where he came from "On His Way Here". And one of the things he came from was a super HAWT stud singing "This Is The Night" and not in a family friendly way. And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you. In interesting spots. No, no, ldyj - you go on and "entertain" yourself in other ways - we will wait patiently for you.

I like my idea. I think it has nothing to do with the truth, but like that's gonna stop me?

As for Carmen, if Byrd was anything like me, she probably thought to herself, "Well, hell, where in the WORLD would I start with this heifer singing "Call Me"? By the way, avoid doing the goat thing?" Feh.

I don't think that's bitchy really. Clay got special treatment too and frankly I think that's ok to say if it's the truth. It wasn't just Ruben, on the show, or apparantly behind the scenes. It's not the first time we've heard this.

MoaM only sold 2.9 million copies which means a whole lot of people don't have it. People like free stuff. So I think giving them stuff they don't have as a bonus may entice them to buy it. Perhaps QVC wasn't planned with US in mind. I've wanted them to think outside the box when it comes to Clay and I think this does that a little bit. It probably will reach a group of people inclined to like him. And maybe they will pick up their phones and dial for him for the new album and then get a few extra goodies and who knows maybe that will send them in search of MoaM. Hell I just wish they had a song from ATDW on it as well. It's ok to be disappointed that we aren't getting 5 extra songs but I do think we should also then be happy that they are trying to reach new people because really Clay's success or failure can't ride on our shoulders. There aren't enough of us. . Isn't that what we want? Anyway, we don't know if it's true (although I tend to believe it for now) and even if that's true we don't know everything they have planned for Clay. Maybe there will be other bonus tracks. I hope people aren't throwing the word cheated around because you don't have to buy EVERYTHING Clay. And a person who does not own anything Clay will probably not feel cheated with 17 songs. As for the shipping -- people have apparantly paid for shipping for everything else they hawk when they could just run down to their local mall and get the same thing. Regular QVC shoppers just don't care about shipping. I can't buy from every outlet..can't afford it so I will buy from those that offer me something special and that's perfectly ok.

TGIF it's been one hell of a week. I could blow up that Job Woes thread if I were so inclined heh.

Well, I was just trying to explain why some - including me - are disappointed and why that is ok and I don't think its fair to call them "predictable" like that is a bad thing and I did say Clay said himself there was something for everyone and I wasn't trying to get into the good fan bad fan thing although rolling ones eyes at people who are disappointed is getting close to that (not that anyone here was necessarily doing that of course). And yes, there are 17 songs and if this was the only version of the album available I would buy it in a heartbeat, but it isn't. So the only reason to buy this over, for example, the iTunes or Walmart versions, would be the bonuses and since this one is guaranteed to be considerably more than the other versions if you aren't thrilled with the bonuses why would you buy it? Some ARE thrilled with the bonuses and that is truly great but if someone isn't that is not worthy of an eye roll and "predictable" label IMO.

I think I will shut up now. My wounds haven't healed since the discussion of AI2! <snark> ^_^:P:lol:

Besides, I am at work and its GORGEOUS outside and I don't want to be here but I am and I better actually do some work if I want to keep my Clay fund going!

ldyj...you GO, girl! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ah..the alleged Bonus Track List... :cryingwlaughter: I'm gonna be a Missourian here and say, "You gotta SHOW me!" before I'll spend any energy on it. meh.

Went for some Tennessee barbecue last night. Good stuff. My dinner partner got a "half slab--wet" (which sounds sorta kinky to me) and I ordered a 'pork plate', which was just a bunch of shredded bbq pork with sauce on it, some slaw and fries. Had a beer, too. Verra verra nice.

I hope Clay has plans to do some travelin' for fun this summer, spend some quiet time with himself, share some special time with someone special, laugh and vegetate on his LoveSac while watching West Wing reruns, and get lots of sleep. In other words, I hope he makes time to do whatever the hell HE wants to do.

And then get his hawt ass out on tour.

Now is that really too much to ask? Hmmmm? :lilredani: