#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

FYI - the playbill frame is still on sale in the playbill.com store for under 20 dollars.

Hair shair, don't care, just sing to me with that voice. I can close my eyes. All is well.

Thank you for mentioning this, play! I went over and looked at it, and it's a frame and a nice mat. Very nice for the price!

Hair, well, there are afew here who were on EAYOR with me at the time of AI5 (Thankful, muski, Gibby you were around then too, right?) who might remember how much I HATED the way he looked that night!!! It took me a very long time to accept it! To me, the PERFECT hair to me snowflake hair (and because I love you merrieeee, I won't post a picture!) or AMA hair! I may actually love AMA hair even more than snowflake hair!

ama06-22f.jpg

gallery_11_15_152621.jpg

Yeah, CG, I remember how much you hated AI5 hair! And I'm including these AMA pics in this quote, because they are soooooo fantastic. WOW!

I'm enjoying all of the pics so much today. I haven't been able to get my old laptop up and running yet, so all of my pics are still stored there. I could go get all of them out of my external hard drive, but I'm lazy and it's easier just to resave them them to my new laptop! So, thanks for all of the pics I just saved again! :)

chach, I'm so glad you had a good anniversary! Thanks for the recap.

FYI - the playbill frame is still on sale in the playbill.com store for under 20 dollars.

Hair shair, don't care, just sing to me with that voice. I can close my eyes. All is well.

Thank you for mentioning this, play! I went over and looked at it, and it's a frame and a nice mat. Very nice for the price!

Hair, well, there are afew here who were on EAYOR with me at the time of AI5 (Thankful, muski, Gibby you were around then too, right?) who might remember how much I HATED the way he looked that night!!! It took me a very long time to accept it! To me, the PERFECT hair to me snowflake hair (and because I love you merrieeee, I won't post a picture!) or AMA hair! I may actually love AMA hair even more than snowflake hair!

ama06-22f.jpg

gallery_11_15_152621.jpg

Yeah, CG, I remember how much you hated AI5 hair! And I'm including these AMA pics in this quote, because they are soooooo fantastic. WOW!

I'm enjoying all of the pics so much today. I haven't been able to get my old laptop up and running yet, so all of my pics are still stored there. I could go get all of them out of my external hard drive, but I'm lazy and it's easier just to resave them them to my new laptop! So, thanks for all of the pics I just saved again! :)

chach, I'm so glad you had a good anniversary! Thanks for the recap.

THANKS GIBBY!!

I love all these pics, but am I the only one noticing the ROOTS of Clay's hair, particularly the ones above where the roots actually look a bit.... ummmmm..... grey light. Maybe there is some credence to Clay's story about grey hairs. :cryingwlaughter:

Back to important things here ... like the seminal moments for me:

060524_AI5_DLTSGDOM_XviD_scarlet-40.jpg

It's pretty silly I suppose to have a discussion over which Clay hairstyle or color or whatever is the cutest or sexiest or whatever ... because it's in the eye of the beholder. And I refuse to prefer any hairstyle because of a perception that it's Clay's favorite, because although it is his hair, I am the beholder, dammit! *g*

And Clayze ... you are so right about that tie!!

keeping... that (see above) is my FAVE of the AI5 appearance and what I kept rewinding my tape to see over and over again until I killed my tape. That look while he is waiting to be noticed just kills me every single time. GUH!!!

I know, and it's not just the hair for me, it's the look. If AI5 was my Manchurian Candidate experience, then that one instant was my queen of diamonds trigger. I've watched the video enough to have isolated The MOMENT to that one look in his eyes. It goes on forever.

ETA: Just heard on CNN that even counting the Florida and Michigan popular vote, that Hillary doesn't win the national Democratic popular vote without disallowing the popular vote in caucus states. And that's now her position. It's POLITICS, people!

Just doing a test. I'm trying to add an avatar, but not sure I've done it right.

Yep, didn't think that was right. Can anybody help? I'm trying to make the gif of Clay's entrance on Kimmel as my avator. Don't really know what I'm suppose to be doing.

Everytime I see the picture of Hannah pinching Clay's butt I LOL thinking of the diagrams and arrows and red circles all to get CG to see it. Bwah.

I'm so apathetic I am often suprirsed at the passion that goes along with it. And since I'm an equal opportunity offender on this subject I'm sure I'd do nothing but piss off people so I have started and deleted many posts today. If someone wants a political thread they can start one. Anybody can start any kind of thread they want. If you need help figuring out where it goes, you can PM one of the mods.

Can I make a poll? Pretty please? I want to add a "Who's got the best ass" poll to the Politics R Us thread.

I bet Obama's got a pretty nice little tushie.

Just doing a test. I'm trying to add an avatar, but not sure I've done it right.

Yep, didn't think that was right. Can anybody help? I'm trying to make the gif of Clay's entrance on Kimmel as my avator. Don't really know what I'm suppose to be doing.

Go to "My Controls" above.

Click on "Edit Avatar Settings" under "Personal Profile" in left column.

Click the Browse button next to "Upload a new image from your computer" and find and highlight the avatar file.

Click Open.

Click "Update Avatar."

And you should be good to go!!

HTH! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am bored. I guess with Clay on hiatus I need to find my life again???

[whine]Do we haaave tooo??[/whine]

Thanks cha cha for the avatar info! I still can't get the gif I wanted to work, so I switched to a photo......at least I hope it works!

You're welcome!!! Maybe the gif file was too big? There are limits to file size.

See the top of the edit avatar page for details. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, I found a picture. Better than I would have expected, but in sweats, mid-basketball shot, it's hard to tell. I can't believe I went looking for a picture of Barack Obama's butt. Lazy Sunday, and all.

I am bored. I guess with Clay on hiatus I need to find my life again???

[whine]Do we haaave tooo??[/whine]

BWAH I know...it's so hard to get back into second job and other things. Thankfully basketball season lasts another few weeks...

Or how about the bullying of the voter if we aren't voting the way they want? Calling us names.

Yes, I am rather sick of being told I’m a traitor to my gender by not voting for Hillary (hell will freeze) or that I’m too young and naïve to remember how it was for women. Right.

Clayzor, the Dem party rules may be against the law in your book, but they're not against the law in THE books. Dems and Reps make up their own rules for the presidential primaries -- which is why Reps have a winner take all system, and Dems have delegate apportionment system. The Florida and Michigan "penalties" were established in August 2007 and December 2007, respectively, at times when I doubt anyone at the DNC imagined that the primary season would extend beyond February 5. Had that happened and Hillary had run away with the nomination, as was expected since the 2004 elections, it would have been a non-issue. But, that ain't what happened. Florida and Michigan delegates will be seated at the convention -- something will be worked out. But at this point, I think it's time to accept reality. The fact is, as much as I love Hillary, last year and in the snows of Iowa she made a fundamental mistake by looking past the nominating process to run a centrist general election campaign. It flopped because Democrats are pissed off and have been voting in unheard of numbers to CHANGE. When she finally began campaigning as a change agent and champion of working people and poor people, it started turning around for her ... but too late. Her advisers were completely unaware of the political climate in the country -- but she kept those honchos and continued to listen to them for far too long. Sometimes loyalty doesn't work out.

Marry me. <g>

Also, when the Governor of Michigan called Dean to say he was moving the primary, Dean told him he would be penalized. But he called Dean's bluff. Mistake. <g>

Seriously, Hillary turned me off with her campaign. Totally and completely.

But, I can't hold Hillary blameless for this. I had so many family members and friends who were Hillary supporters last year and she completely turned them off talking jingoism and a commission to study social security AGAIN, and not admitting a mistake over Iraq, and a hundred other things. My son who loved the Clintons in the 90's started calling her Republican Lite -- and saying "if I liked Karl Rove tactics I'd be a Republican." Writ large, that's what happened to Hillary.

Exactly. Even though I’ve been calling her Bush-lite for what feels like a couple years now, I would have voted for her if she had been the nominee. But certainly not now. Luckily I won’t have to worry about it.

Legal or not, IMHO< it is undemocratic and unethical. To me Democracy means you go with the majority. The person with the majority of votes in any and all statets should get all the delegates.

That method actually disenfranchises more voters. If Hillary wins Texas by one point, she gets ALL the delegates??? How is it fair that winner takes all? What about the 49% that didn’t vote for her? In any case, Obama has won the popular vote, the delegates, the super delegates and more states. What Hillary is trying to do now is to get the delegates to go with her even though she didn’t *win* anything. Reminds me of Bush, actually. Between that and her people not knowing about the proportional allocation of delegates (and her not firing those people immediately) – well, how you run a campaign is probably a measure of how you will govern.

I'm not going to get into a political debate either, but I will just say this!!! IMHO the media and the DNC has picked our nomination for us. Wouldn't matter what Hillary did or didn't do. Public manipulation by the media's lovefest over Obama is so blatant even a fifth grader can see it. I'll be very disappointed in her if she takes the Vice president position. That is all.............. :imgtongue:

Heh. I’ll be disappointed if it’s offered to her.

I agree the system needs an overhall – but not in the middle of an election when the previously anointed candidate suddenly finds herself losing. As for the media, perception is a funny thing, because IMO she got off easy. Reverend Wright, anyone?

I can't believe I went looking for a picture of Barack Obama's butt.

And it's barely the beginning of Clay's hiatus.....

Back from the book sale and waiting for the pasta water boil...lugging boxes of books around all afternoon has made me very hungry. Did a bag sale today and while we didn't make a lot of money; we got rid of a lot of stuff and made a lot of people very happy!

Think I will bypass the political thread; it seems Republicans are the minority in the fandom and whether you agree with my views or not, I hate being made to feel like I am some sort of sub species that should be wiped from the face of the earth...yeah, I get very defensive...so best I just remove myself from the situation.

Kim

Aikim, I'm for political discussions in the political thread myself, but I have to tell you that my friends are probably equally divided between Democrats and Republicans. And among Democrats fairly equally divided between Barack and Hillary. Most of the time we all agree to the facts and yet come to different conclusions.

I live in HOUSTON. Talk about being in a minority, you have NO IDEA!! Yet I know what my principles are and stand up for them and always enjoy a good discussion of the issues. I have seen with my own eyes the political hopscotch that goes on. I've been around long enough to watch Conservative othodoxy and Liberal orthodoxy completely switch sides on some major issues. I don't take political differences personally and hate it when people do, but I'm usually okay as long as no one is being demonized. That I can't handle. I'm all for people being involved and see apathy as the biggest threat to democracy and freedom. I've changed my mind on big issues and I don't walk a party line. My big issue these days is the numbers of people who let the media do their thinking for them by focusing on that with which they already agree and refusing to listen to opposite opinions - there's way too much of this on both sides.

I love an honest debate.

Aikim, I'm for political discussions in the political thread myself, but I have to tell you that my friends are probably equally divided between Democrats and Republicans. And among Democrats fairly equally divided between Barack and Hillary. Most of the time we all agree to the facts and yet come to different conclusions.

I live in HOUSTON. Talk about being in a minority, you have NO IDEA!! Yet I know what my principles are and stand up for them and always enjoy a good discussion of the issues. I have seen with my own eyes the political hopscotch that goes on. I've been around long enough to watch Conservative othodoxy and Liberal orthodoxy completely switch sides on some major issues. I don't take political differences personally and hate it when people do, but I'm usually okay as long as no one is being demonized. That I can't handle. I'm all for people being involved and see apathy as the biggest threat to democracy and freedom. I've changed my mind on big issues and I don't walk a party line. My big issue these days is the numbers of people who let the media do their thinking for them by focusing on that with which they already agree and refusing to listen to opposite opinions - there's way too much of this on both sides.

I love an honest debate.

I love an honest debate, part of the problem is that I am not as well versed in the political arena as I should be and often feel quite intimidated by those who always seem to have facts and figures at their disposal. I actually enjoy reading political discussions because they do make me think about things...but I am just not comfortable being a participant.

Kim

I think I'll skip the political discussion because as much as I love to discuss politics, my blood pressure always seems to go up and then I get angry and then it stops being fun! But I will say IMO MY state got it right.....

I was out and about running errands today and decided to throw my principles to the wind and go into Walmart. I happened by the CDs so I felt I had to look at what they might have. They had many, many copies of OMWH. Many in the "New Release" section, many more under "Top Sellers" in the Pop section and more still under his name card. They were $13.88 and that's what they scanned for (yes I bought one. I thought of someone I could give it to and I wanted them to have FIEKY!).

My travels then took me to Target. They had about 6 under "New Releases" but they didn't even have a name marker for him and there too it was over $13. I didn't buy one there.

At least around here if he doesn't sell well it won't be for lack of stock.

Back to trying to find my life!

ummm, not that I know crap, or understand half of that, but I posted a hello in that political thread. I'm all for discussing stuff if anyone else feels like it.

(damnit Clay! see what you've brought us to by taking the summer off!?!?! You better be enjoying that backyard of yours! LOL :P)

Well, I found a picture. Better than I would have expected, but in sweats, mid-basketball shot, it's hard to tell. I can't believe I went looking for a picture of Barack Obama's butt. Lazy Sunday, and all.

Well..I will only worry when you go searching for the other candidates.

<---does not want to even think about McCain's butt.

Honestly...we spend a disproportinate amount of time on my baseball board talking about player's butts.

Well..I will only worry when you go searching for the other candidates.

<---does not want to even think about McCain's butt.

You can start worrying if I go in search of Hillary's butt. :cryingwlaughter:

Although, MTRR, I'm with claygasm on this one. Our state got it right. And that's all I'm gonna say about that......