#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

SRHP - Soft Rock Hard Place tour - official name of the 2006 summer tour

Ah, that was only the official on other boards! We here all know the actual OFFICIAL name was the DCAT (Doing Clay Aiken Tour) because that's what we called it here at FCA and really, does anything else count??? ;)

What I am going to do is use it as an excuse to email the only AC station in my area that MIGHT one day be willing to play Clay (ducky - I speak of WJBR).

CG, I checked out WJBR's website today, hoping to find a playlist or list of artists they play - nothing. Is all communication with them through email? I've also checked out B101 (WBEB), another local AC station. Same thing. They sure don't make it easy. At least I've been rating songs there to build up some sort of listener credibility. No Clay yet. WPST (Princeton, NJ), who played Clay in the past at least has some useful information on their site, but I don't know whether they're AC. I want to help in this way. I'm just not a radio listener and am not sure the best way to go about sincerely.

That's why I am using Kimmel as an excuse to ask - because I don't listen to radio much (except XPN and I KNOW they'll never play Clay!) either. For WJBR, I email Cathy someone, who I think is also their musical director, and she has been very nice. Even asked me if I was going to see him at the Delaware State Fair. I think he's the DJ that comes on at 10am. Anyway, I figured since they no longer put their playlist up (they used to), I would just say I saw him on Kimmel, liked the song and was wondering if they would be adding it to their playlist anytime soon. At least it would show interest, without being obnoxious. Maybe I'll do the same with B101. Only problem is, except at Christmas, they never have played Clay. At least at WJBR they played TITN and Invisible pretty regularly until the IT started. They also played The Way at least twice that I heard and even Solitaire once that I Heard!

Hair, well, there are afew here who were on EAYOR with me at the time of AI5 (Thankful, muski, Gibby you were around then too, right?) who might remember how much I HATED the way he looked that night!!! It took me a very long time to accept it! To me, the PERFECT hair to me snowflake hair (and because I love you merrieeee, I won't post a picture!) or AMA hair! I may actually love AMA hair even more than snowflake hair!

ama06-22f.jpg

gallery_11_15_152621.jpg

kwikibox.com interview with Clay on youtube...done while he was still in Spamalot...some of the same questions that have been asked and the interviewer, is like totally a ditz, but it is a 10 minute interview:

State parties do their own thing, but they are an extention of the national party and must abide by the national rules.

Well I was talking in more general terms about our type of democracy which favors representation over "one-person/one vote". But you might say that it is because we are neither a pure/direct/genuine (pick your term) democracy that each party is allowed to set their own rules and pick that form of representation. In any case...rules about the primary and legitimacy of the resulting votes were set in advance. To ignore/change those rules after the fact would create chaos for the party in 2010.

---

Clay's hair?

I like it. :wub:

With so much talk of hair, I think this must be posted.....

ClimmelHairFlip_DangHesHot.gif

Courtesy of dangheshot at the CB. :)

Clay's hair?

I like it. :wub:

heee me too. It's easier for me to mention the couple of styles I didn't like. Wasn't all that fond of the AI5 hair and the pictures of where it looked like he tried to do that style himself LOL... and didn't really get used to the long hair until SNOWFLAKE hee...but I also loved the no fuss no muss JBT hair. I guess for me it's always...ok that's different..and then after a few weeks I get used to it and it's just hair. Took a little longer for the blond and now it's just Clay.

**peeks in and sees politics being discussed**

:Ahh:

I vote for whoever has the best ass.

Clays hair? I like Clay's hair in almost all of its incarnations, but I am totally, royally tired of it being the topic of discussion on almost every interview he has. The man has a new CD out, just finished a wildly successful Broadway run, is a UNICEF ambassador and has his own foundation for children with developmental disabilities and these fucking morons want to talk about his hair??

My apologies if this has already been discussed ad nauseum. I'm about 513 pages behind.

JaMar, if you scroll up and look at anabear's avi right above yours, then yours, then the picture, you have three versions of Running My Hands Through My Hair to Drive Women Wild Clay.

Politics?!

*checks arm for hives*

Yep.

Any chance of a dedicated thread for political/election talk, y'all? So far, discussions here have been refreshingly civil, but as the elections near, it might be good to have a separate arena for this. Emotions can't help but run high...exacerbated by an absence of Clay. And, like religion, political topics can be very divisive to an already diverse fandom. I'm not telling anyone how to post...just expressing that I, personally, get enough of the real world in the real world and crave the relative peacefulness of wrangling over Clay's hair, his album promotion, and the relative merits of his clothing choices.

Please? FCA, my love, my haven...

JaMar, if you scroll up and look at anabear's avi right above yours, then yours, then the picture, you have three versions of Running My Hands Through My Hair to Drive Women Wild Clay.

I noticed. :wub:

Seriously I wasn't talking politics. I was talking CIVICS.

And I'll stop now. :cryingwlaughter:

I don't like political discussion, either, but it doesn't bother me if it's discussed here in the main thread. My eyes just glaze over and I scroll until I find a purty picture. So it doesn't make a difference to me.

ETA: Hey, JaMar, let's go shopping! Are there any good sales a Kohl's?

But you might say that it is because we are neither a pure/direct/genuine (pick your term) democracy that each party is allowed to set their own rules and pick that form of representation.

Reminds me that there is nothing in the Constitution about political parties of any kind. In fact, the Founding Fathers, and George Washington in particular, declared that the establishment of political parties should be avoided at all costs.

Just a few of my favorite Clay pictures ever --

TheEyesPicture.jpg

clay_aiken.jpg

ClayGMA-9-12-05093-1.jpg

3.jpg

MS36-3.jpg

BAFGala-WangoTangoShirt.jpg

photo-clayaiken.jpg

and just so you know it's not ALL about the bangs ... it's also the cheekbones! ....

beautifuldltsgdom9bs.jpg

OMWH_Yahoo_02_t.jpg

VirginCDSigning_2.jpg

Bookwhore...this just made me laugh, really loud...

I vote for whoever has the best ass

(I want the bumper sticker)

I talk politics all the time. Actually I probably live and breathe it more than most. It's in the family...which is probably why I am so mellow about all the factions of the Clay fandom. Politics and Clay Aiken, not so different. Politics is the process by which groups of people make decisions on who gets what. Clay fans make decision on who wants to get what and what they want to do with that thing when they get it. :hubbahubba:

loved those cheekbones from ai. and i loved that butt shot so much that i emailed it to some of my friends.

i like the political talk because i've learned quite a bit that i didn't know before, plus i also like politics lite, which means no rosie/elizabeth politcal talks. mainly because i wanted to strangle elizabeth, although some of rosie's statements were a little out there too sometimes. i wanted hilary to win in the beginning but now i'm fine with obama. i really disliked some of the tactics from the clinton campaign, and i was actually pretty impressed with how obama handled himself during some difficult interviews and questions. just please give me a democrat in november.

Given that direction, I guess we'd all be voting for THIS guy!

070201_GMA_UnicefVisit_SecretlyL-1.jpg

The WINNAH! hands down -- or hands wherever ...

Um, yeah, Hannah was evidently one of those lucky enough to be able to put her hands wherever..... B)

hanna-grabs-clay.gif

[ This is the same system that has been used to elect all of our Presidents.

If there is blame to be laid in Florida and Michigan it is with those STATES Democratic parties. They flouted the rules, clearly understanding the consequences stated in those rules. All of the candidates signed the agreements pertaining to primary/caucus dates. It really isn't the national parties fault if some want to go back on that pledge NOW. --

But the Constitution doesn't speak to party rules. For many years there weren't any presidential primaries -- just smoke-filled rooms. Then for a while all the primaries were winner take all. The Dems changed their rules in, I think, 1972. Some states have primaries, some have caucuses, and some have both -- I'm in a both state. And delegates are apportioned by voting percentages, which is infinitely more fair, but then I'm not a fan of the electoral college either.

State parties do their own thing, but they are an extention of the national party and must abide by the national rules. Michigan has a Democratic governor and legislature and they voted to go their own way in spite of the national party rules. The people of Michigan should be unhappy with their state party for screwing them out of a vote. In Florida, the Republicans have the governor and legislature and re-set the primary schedule mostly to mess with the Democrats, therefore it was unfair IMO to penalize the state party in Florida. But, it really doesn't matter at this point. That horse has left the barn because it'll come down to Obama winning the nomination even counting both Michigan and Florida. It's over.

But, I can't hold Hillary blameless for this. I had so many family members and friends who were Hillary supporters last year and she completely turned them off talking jingoism and a commission to study social security AGAIN, and not admitting a mistake over Iraq, and a hundred other things. My son who loved the Clintons in the 90's started calling her Republican Lite -- and saying "if I liked Karl Rove tactics I'd be a Republican." Writ large, that's what happened to Hillary.

EXACTLY.......................Republicans doing what they do best. Not the citizens of Florida. Nor did the citizens of Michigan have any say on what their Democratic party leaders in the state did.

Legal or not, IMHO< it is undemocratic and unethical. To me Democracy means you go with the majority. The person with the majority of votes in any and all statets should get all the delegates. That's democracy to me. It is also a law and a right that every citizen of the US has a right to vote and to have their vote counted, is it not? The people of those states have a right for their votes to be counted and counted the way they went down. Not divided up to suit how the DNC wants it to go either. I hate the way the voting system is set up, for the Democratic party esp. It needs a total revamping IMHO. I don't think a caucus should even be allowed. Where is the documentation to prove the results, of said hand count? I'm not going to get into a political debate either, but I will just say this!!! IMHO the media and the DNC has picked our nomination for us. Wouldn't matter what Hillary did or didn't do. Public manipulation by the media's lovefest over Obama is so blatant even a fifth grader can see it. I'll be very disappointed in her if she takes the Vice president position. That is all.............. :imgtongue:

Talking politics all the time. I used to belong to a lot of political sites, since my Clay fandom, I have seen the bigotry of them as well. It is amazing how people who claim to be for personal rights can slam Clay. It isn't only political parties, it is just groups of people that claim they can think on their own, but end up using the same stgale misperceptions. (note: downer now) It makes me sad for the state of the human mind.

I must be going into a depressive phase because I am working on my Clay fan rant and who killed the Clorilla and the delusion that people are under that they can threaten or insult people and have it turn out good. I will finish it and not post it like a lot of my more negative thoughts.

My complaint about the promaries is more civics tahn political in a sense, I am not happy that primaries take place ion different days oand some people are supposed to roll over and let others decide, Makes me sad that not everyone is valued the same. I am developing a conspiracy theory about a lot of this stuff basically it has something happening to McCain and JEB taking his place at the last minute and winning. It is a long and complex theory and I won't discuss it here. just wanted you to know I am not above dwelling on the grassy knoll and I keep most of those discussions off all boards and if you want to discuss it, call me.

:cryingwlaughter: Good luck with that this time around.

-----

CG, I got a chuckle out of seeing Clay mentioned in the same sentence as WXPN. The day they play Clay is the day I offer to work their telathon! It's a decent station, though, if a bit pretentious. We should go to World Cafe Live sometime.

Everytime I see the picture of Hannah pinching Clay's butt I LOL thinking of the diagrams and arrows and red circles all to get CG to see it. Bwah.

I'm so apathetic I am often suprirsed at the passion that goes along with it. And since I'm an equal opportunity offender on this subject I'm sure I'd do nothing but piss off people so I have started and deleted many posts today. If someone wants a political thread they can start one. Anybody can start any kind of thread they want. If you need help figuring out where it goes, you can PM one of the mods.

Back to important things here ... like the seminal moments for me:

060524_AI5_DLTSGDOM_XviD_scarlet-40.jpg

It's pretty silly I suppose to have a discussion over which Clay hairstyle or color or whatever is the cutest or sexiest or whatever ... because it's in the eye of the beholder. And I refuse to prefer any hairstyle because of a perception that it's Clay's favorite, because although it is his hair, I am the beholder, dammit! *g*

And Clayze ... you are so right about that tie!!

keeping... that (see above) is my FAVE of the AI5 appearance and what I kept rewinding my tape to see over and over again until I killed my tape. That look while he is waiting to be noticed just kills me every single time. GUH!!!

:nothingtoadd:

Spamhairfling.gif

BenihanaInterview_ldb51.gif

rrhair-1.gif

bottle... THANK YOU! double GUH!!!

I also love the gif of Hannah pinching Clay's bottom, mostly for his look (as much as we can see from sideways) after he turns around to see who just pinched him... like a little smile, but I bet inside he was majorly grinning! Sigh! I sure hope they get to continue to be whatever kind of friends they are!

CG, I got a chuckle out of seeing Clay mentioned in the same sentence as WXPN. The day they play Clay is the day I offer to work their telathon! It's a decent station, though, if a bit pretentious. We should go to World Cafe Live sometime.

It would be fun to go to World Cafe Live! Yup, XPN is a bit pretentious but they at least play decent music at least some of the time!

But they would go off the air before they would "lower" themselves to play Clay!

Everytime I see the picture of Hannah pinching Clay's butt I LOL thinking of the diagrams and arrows and red circles all to get CG to see it. Bwah.

Well, what can I say. I was blind but now I see!

I am bored. I guess with Clay on hiatus I need to find my life again???

Wellll wellll, we had a great anniversary!! Thanks to all who sent well wishes!

I mentioned we were going to a couple of restaurants in DC, it was kind of a bust. First off, we knew that hotels had been built "over them." But we thought the restaurants would still be there.

NOPE.

Our first place of destination was the Trader Vic's, where we found the Capitol Hilton at the same address and a restaurant called "Twigs," which we wandered into, but found it had no ambience whatsoever, so we left in search of Blackie's House of Beef. Before we left, I took a photo of the former entrance to Trader Vic's...

th_tradervicshilton-smlr.jpg

(clickable)

You can barely see the former entrance down the stairs. This is where mrchach got down on one knee and said something like "I know yo're not ready to give up the wild life, but..."

When we got to Blackie's House of Beef we found the Marriott Hotel as expected. (ausdon, remember it was across the street from the hotel where you stayed?) But we thought Blackie's was still inside somewhere.

NOPE.

We looked around for it but found nothing. We settled for having dinner at the Atrium inside. There was no actual "Atrium" - the staff wsn't even sure what I meant when I asked the question! We found out that a year and half ago Blackie's descendents decided to give up on the restaurant business and open a Wahlgren's - such a waste!! The Atrium had good food (I had filet mignon) and no atmosphere at all. But the staff was really nice, the chef even came out and talked to us, and when he learned that it was our anniversary, decided to give us a free dessert!! It was a chocolate-cake-hot-fudge-vanilla-ice-crean-walnut-syrup little bit of heaven!!

Here's what Blackie's used to look like from the outside.

Apparently we not only missed out on the closing auction, but the opportunity to submit our story of almost making whoppee under one of the tables to this contest being held by the wrecking company!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since that was all so terribly non-Clay-related, I found a pretty I haven't seen before!!!

todaya.gif

WOW. A lot of posts have gone by while I was writing that!!! LOVE all the pretty pictures!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: