#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

OT rant for a moment...

We have an organizer/calendar program for a reason here at work. It's so that we can, you know, keep track of meetings and appointments, not say "Oh, I forgot" when someone asks why you didn't show up at the mutually agreed upon time & place to help them unload and haul to the other end of the building, the car full of sh.. stuff from last week's vision screenings. <_<

Ok, back OT... while that ^^^ may not sound particularly cheery, when it comes to Clay, I'm still cheery! :flirtysmile3:

I agree about ClayAiken Pix, Cotton. :( It would be nice to be able to get a hold of the hi-res versions of the People shots.

I just watched the GMA interviews again.

It's a sickness, I tell ya' ! :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

But I noticed that Part 1 was 8 minutes. That's an eternity in Morning News TV, y'all!

I'm so glad he did this with Diane. I loved the way she introduced him, saying if you were expecting some brooding, tormented person you just didn't know Clay Aiken. It just confirms for me what I've always felt: that Clay Aiken is a happy guy. It's his nature. Yes, he's been through all kinds of hell, but he's survived it all maintaining his joie d' vivre!

Watching Parker drink up that bottle with gusto is also a wonderous thing, thinking that just a couple of weeks before the poor little guy couldn't keep anything down!

:babies_82:

College? I had enough scholarship money to cover my books freshman year. My mom helped me out a bit, but I worked and had my own loans. Ultimately, no matter where I went it was just too expensive for me to keep racking up debt when I had no clue what I wanted to do, so I quit and went to work full-time. Actually, I did have an idea what I wanted to do back then, but I listened to people (guidance counselors, relatives, etc.) who I naively thought knew better than I. Fast forward 12 years and I'm finally back in school, paying for all of it myself, but also making the decisions for and by myself.

anna... good for you!!! Guidance counselors don't know the person, they just see the test scores. Sometimes that works, tho not often enough. My middle daughter found out thru all the tests they did in her Placement class, that she would be good in accounting, so she got her degree, then her CPA and is now a controller of a company. She LOVES it and additionally found out she is really good at managing people.

My son went to JC, then college and changed his major 4 times and is now very happy as a fireman/paramedic, which had absolutely nothing to do with his history degree. You just never know!

Funny story about my son. 3 months after he moved to college, he meets this girl at a party and they start dating and shortly thereafter she becomes pregnant. Turns out they were in the same sex education class. BWAH!!! Didn't listen, did they. They just celebrated their 11th anniversary and we never let them forget that they took this class together and apparently didn't pay any attention. Thankfully it turned out well, but so it can be funny! :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

I bought the candycorn kisses. They are okay but I still prefer the original candycorn.
I bought some the other day too. I'm disappointed because they don't taste like candy corn at all to me, just white chocolate. The Honeycrisp apples, on the other hand, have so far been DELICIOUS!

ETA: Wish me luck - I'm off to sign my life and bank account away for my new condo! I'm :D and :unsure: at the same time...

I bought the candycorn kisses. They are okay but I still prefer the original candycorn.
I bought some the other day too. I'm disappointed because they don't taste like candy corn at all to me, just white chocolate. The Honeycrisp apples, on the other hand, have so far been DELICIOUS!

ETA: Wish me luck - I'm off to sign my life and bank account away for my new condo! I'm :D and :unsure: at the same time...

I am probably gonna look like an idiot, but what is a honeycrisp apple????

hee Hey I never heard of them until last year. But it's the best, juiciest apple ever. How they came to be that way I don't want to know :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Now we know what Clay was doing last night: :lmaosmiley-1:

QUOTE("Notacanuck")

From InStyle magazine "StyleSpy"

Spied: Clay Aiken With Chef Boyardee

What does Clay Aiken do on a Wednesday night? Spamalot pub crawls? American Idol reunion parties? Nope.

Apparently, he goes grocery shopping...just like me.

(With his bodyguard...not just like me.)

That's right -- I ran into Clay last night at my local market. The singing sensation -- and recent People cover boy -- was filling his basket with bananas and Chef Boyardee ravioli. I asked him about his self-professed favorite (Breyers peach ice-cream), and he laughed and said, "I didn't get any. I'm getting fat!"

Always friendly and always down-to-Earth, Aiken perused the store wearing jeans, an argyle sweater and sandals with socks.

Personal style is always best when spied in unexpected places.

hee Hey I never heard of them until last year. But it's the best, juiciest apple ever. How they came to be that way I don't want to know :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

And apparently some FCA members (not saying who) get secret kickbacks from the National Honeycrsip Propaganda board, because they promote them like crazy. :lilredani:

I bought a bag of locally grown Honey Crisps a couple of weeks ago (at twice the price of my beloved Galas), and I didn't think they were all that.

With the way the economy is going, even Chef Boyardee may end up being exclusive gourmet food. Have mercy!

Aww, thanks aikim! That was a very nice mention!

And I love that he's out and about and wearing whateverthehellhewants!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to Jerome!

Guess Jaymes and Parker aren't here yet!

Don't think he'd be eating Chef Boyardee if Jaymes were also joining him for dinner!

Gotta love him!

Got the ER bill today for my little pruning mishap. :cry4:

That little trip to the ER cost $744!!!

Eep! Thank goodness DH has insurance. Not sure yet how much they'll cover! The PHARMACY part of the bill was $138! Just to numb me for the stitches! If they were going to charge me that much, I wish they'd used enough to like - actually - NUMB me! I felt every damned prick of the needle!

Pffft!

And apparently some FCA members (not saying who) get secret kickbacks from the National Honeycrsip Propaganda board, because they promote them like crazy. :lilredani:

I bought a bag of locally grown Honey Crisps a couple of weeks ago (at twice the price of my beloved Galas), and I didn't think they were all that.

HEEE...didn't we decide that talking trash about the honeycrisp was a bannable offense?

But I had to laugh at this because I ran into the store for a few things and saw the honeycrisp and did a litlte squeal. heee. But then when I got rung up at the register..I'm like $25 $25? what the hell did i get..just a few items. So I'm studying the receipt out the door and discovered that my precious honeycrisps were 3.99 for 3. That might be the first and last honeycrisps I have all season.

Clay better read the can. He might as well have his ice cream if he's going to eat that ravioli by the cart fulls. God I love him. heh. He said mid October for Jaymes and Parker joining him -- thank god...wonder if she can cook. LOL.

Cotton: Ouch!!

ETA: wanted to say I love Jerome too. I hope one day Clay doesn't NEED Jerome but I feel better knowing he's around.

I see Clay likes authentic Italian as much as he likes authentic Japanese....Chef Boyardee? Dear lord...

Quick! Hide the "sandals with socks" notations from merrieeee - though I personally think if it's cold enough to wear socks, it's cold enough to wear real shoes dude!

This whole Chef Boyardee thing makes me wonder just how much of a non-cook, bachelor-esque man Clay is... does he eat it straight out of the can without warming it up? I mean, if you're totally lazy, it actually doesn't taste that bad.

Not that I would know. I mean... um..

:whistling-1:

EDIT: Have to say I agree with KAndre... socks and sandals makes about as much sense as that whole miniskirt and fur boot craze.

whole miniskirt and fur boot craze.

Uh...yeah. Carrie and her friends are doing the Halloween Trick or Treating costume thing with a theme--For example: Carrie's Dorothy and her friend Sara is The Tin Man. Two other friends are the Cheshire Cat and the Mad Hatter, etc.

So Carrie was looking online at Dorothy costumes...too expensive...we're going to thrift stores to find a blouse and a blue checkered apron! Anyhoo...she says, "Oh...look! I like this one!" I look at her choice and it's a 'sexy' Dorothy! Short flouncy skirt and white tights, etc. Of course, she said, "I don't want my shirt that low, though, okay?"

:blink:

Yeah, no problem, Carrie. Don't worry. :rolleyes:

This whole Chef Boyardee thing makes me wonder just how much of a non-cook, bachelor-esque man Clay is... does he eat it straight out of the can without warming it up? I mean, if you're totally lazy, it actually doesn't taste that bad.

Not that I would know. I mean... um..

:whistling-1:

EDIT: Have to say I agree with KAndre... socks and sandals makes about as much sense as that whole miniskirt and fur boot craze.

I agree that it doesn't taste too bad straight out of the can... but it doesn't take much to stick it in the microwave either!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM - Warm Good!!!

whole miniskirt and fur boot craze.

Uh...yeah. Carrie and her friends are doing the Halloween Trick or Treating costume thing with a theme--For example: Carrie's Dorothy and her friend Sara is The Tin Man. Two other friends are the Cheshire Cat and the Mad Hatter, etc.

So Carrie was looking online at Dorothy costumes...too expensive...we're going to thrift stores to find a blouse and a blue checkered apron! Anyhoo...she says, "Oh...look! I like this one!" I look at her choice and it's a 'sexy' Dorothy! Short flouncy skirt and white tights, etc. Of course, she said, "I don't want my shirt that low, though, okay?"

:blink:

Yeah, no problem, Carrie. Don't worry. :rolleyes:

You could also go to a fabric store and get a small piece of fabric to make the apron.

Or check at some Dollar Stores for a checkered tablecloth!!

THIS COSTUME doesn't look too expensive. :D

Can I do a little off-topic ranting? Need a new roof. Got one estimate the other evening - older guy from a locally owned company, came in his shiny pick-up truck, actually got up on the roof, did an inspection, measured, blah, blah, blah. Showed me their products and gave me a nice estimate. Didn't treat me like I was stoopid or anything. No pressures.

Second company comes tonight. Newer company with lots of flashy advertising. Two young guys in a late model Cadillac. Don't actually get on the roof, but I assumed they measured. And then starts the hard sell. Yada, yada, yada. They give me an estimate that's more than twice as much as the other company. I start to bristle a bit. (Seriously, I have a very small house in an older neighborhood with two vacant houses in sight. I don't need to be spending $$$$$ on some sooper deluxe roof and gutter system.) I mention the other estimate is considerably lower. Sales Dude 1 starts to get testy and wants to see my other estimate. Blah, blah, blooey. Trash talks the other company, comes down a bit in price and pressures me to make a commitment RIGHT THIS MINUTE. I defer, suggesting that I'd like to talk the guy from the other company again. Apparently, if I do that, I'm wasting Sales Dude's valuable time. Well, FU high pressure Sales Dude! You can take your sooper dooper estimate and nail it where the sun don't shine.

Rant over, and I feel a little better. And I still need to have a discussion with my boss to see if he has any hints about the security of our jobs, because, yeah - the company stock in my 401K plan will pay my bills for about a week if I had to sell it right now. It's a more than a little scary, y'all. I might end up selling counterfeit Honey Crisp apples and bootleg Clack on the street corner or something.

Bottle - even if you get another estimate from another company -- forget the hard sell people. F them.

And I'm sympathizing on the other thing. Ya'll do remember I quit my job a few months ago and was quite happy and cavalier about the whole thing. Didn't know the damn "roof" was gonna cave in on me. So now I'm very nervous. Yeah I'm here until January but instead of lolligagging around until December I'm ready to start looking RIGHT NOW. A whole bunch of financial people are out there now competing with me for the damn jobs that seemed so plentiful just a short while ago. And we won't discuss my 401K either. It might keep me in top ramen for about 6 months but that's about it.

I've had a crappy day. And long...just getting home right now. Therefore...I'm going to finish my leftover cheese soup...

AND THEN GO OUT FOR ICE CREAM!

Anyone want to come with me?

More later...after ice cream. *g*

Topic? I think I'm going to wear my sandals with socks as I go out tonight for my ice cream.

Yeah, banking's not a fun business to be in right now. Even though my company is solid and well-capitalized and didn't get mired in the subprime mess, the stock is still taking a huge hit.

In happier news, I've heard from various insider sources and anonymous "pals" that Clay Aiken is rumored to be excessively CUTE!

StLouisCITH10.jpg

SouthBendCITH12.jpg

AikenMic.jpg

VirginCDSigning_8.jpg

SpamReturn919_1.jpg

Honeycrisps=$2.99lb

Fuji=$.97

I bought Fuji and while picking them out who should serenade me but one hawt sexy singer! This Is The Night....oh yeah babee! Yep I could make you forget you are gay*g*

Aw, bottle, thanks for the cuuuuuute Clay pics!

We had to have the outside of our house painted a year ago. Got four quotes, and we ran into those arrogant, hard-sell people, too! Didn't give them the time of day. Who needs people like that working on your house??

Here's what I wanted to do when they acted all superior and nasty: 91215653191745669e73bcbsj1.gif

Hey, people who are reading the Twilight series! The final trailer came out today, and it can be found here on YouTube. EEEEEEEEE!! I think it's gonna be a really good movie!

ETA: A higher res version has now been put up on the official Twilight MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/twilightthemovie

candy_corn_dancing.gifcandy_corn_dancing.gifcandy_corn_dancing.gifcandy_corn_dancing.gif Waves to FearofH2O.

These are so cute. Thanks bottlecap!

Honrycrisps are only $8.50 for 8 apples at Costco. And they were really good. I bought Galas there last week but they were too mushy. It's worth it for a better apple and they are better investments.