#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

I was reading other boards (feeling daring today) and saw that some people said, "So when he sang Mandy, was he thinking of Mandy Patinkin"? Well since Mandy does sing (Yes, yes, that Iñigo Montoya guy) and I was listening to the OBC Evita today with Mandy & Patti Lupone, I initially thought that it would be good to hear Clay and Mandy sing together. But OTOH, they tend to sing the same kind of songs and even in one of my favorite songs "Lily's Eyes" Mandy sings the part that I want to hear Clay sing (Archibald). So I guess it won't work very well.

-- yes, this is a useless post. But I :heart: The Princess Bride anyways.

ETA: jazzgirl, I've always looked at that album (Oscar and Steve) since it's on the Amazon mp3 downloads along with "Mandy Patinkin Sings Sondheim" and I used to view the song lists and think how nice it would be to hear Clay sing this and that. I never bought it, just individual songs, but I guess I will pick it up... still hoping to swap it out someday for Clay's.

What fun!! Wheeee!!!!

I'm pretending these colors are autumn leaves and I'm rolling around in them!!! Wheeee!!!!

I think Scarlett has found "virtual yarn" with her cyber colors!

I was reading other boards (feeling daring today) and saw that some people said, "So when he sang Mandy, was he thinking of Mandy Patinkin"? Well since Mandy does sing (Yes, yes, that Inigo Montoya guy) and I was listening to the OBC Evita today with Mandy & Patti Lupone, I initially thought that it would be good to hear Clay and Mandy sing together. But then OTOH, they tend to sing the same kind of songs and even in one of my favorite songs "Lily's Eyes" Mandy sings the part that I want to hear Clay sing (Archibald). So I guess it won't work very well.

Not useless. I picked up a Mandy Patinkin CD yesterday ("Oscar & Steve", for Hammerstein and Sondheim), and my first thought after hearing it was that I almost enjoy his voice as much as Clay's). The second thought was that Clay could do these songs even better, but it's a nice eclectic Broadway collection.

Here you go, ncgurrl.

Crème de Menthe - (PANTONE 16-5919) #70a28b

Is there anything out-of-state folks can do other than send a lot of good thoughts your (CA's) way?

Thank you, Scarlett, for the code and the good thoughts.

On a less serious note – was there some sort of campaign to make sure that Clay has a hoodie from every single University in the US and some pro football teams?? Dude is wearing a different college every day!! Or does he do what I do? Buy a sweatshirt (or tee) in every new town I go to? Inquiring minds want to know.

At this point, I would bet the majority of Clay's college and university hoodie collection is from the fans. The Princeton hoodie that he wore yesterday, for example, was a gift from a fan at CV, which was really cool for her.

Spam1011A_1.jpg

Perhaps the spate of fugly sweaters at the stagedoor a couple of weeks ago was actually a subliminal suggestion that the sweatshirt supply at Casa Clay was running low. :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

I was reading other boards (feeling daring today) and saw that some people said, "So when he sang Mandy, was he thinking of Mandy Patinkin"?

Really? No, I mean, really???

I never know whether things are meant as a joke or not - so if I'm taking this seriously when I shouldn't be - forgive me. I sure hope it doesn't mean I can never hear Clay sing a song with 'her' or 'she' or any other female reference in it again. What a loss that would be. I know we kind of had this conversation already, but it still boggles my mind.

Instead of trying to code manually, I highlight my text and pick a color from the drop-down menu so the codes are done for me. Then I just delete the existing color code and type in my own. Works for me!

I actually thought of that when I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong!

Kim

Kenny Alert

I'm showing My Life in Four Cameras Scrubs episode coming up on TVLand at 4 pm.

:)

I had TV Land on in the living room while I was working at the computer & suddenly heard the name "Kenny" - I had to take a break so I could watch! :D Love that Kenny guy. And that Clay Aiken guy, too.

Perhaps the spate of fugly sweaters at the stagedoor a couple of weeks ago was actually a subliminal suggestion that the sweatshirt supply at Casa Clay was running low. :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Bwah, bottle! I think you might be on to something... sweater supply dwindling, Jerome pointing out that laundry duty is NOT in his contract... :hysterical:

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to our lovely Canadian FCA'ers!

notaturkey.jpg

Which is funny because I love Flamingos!!! It's one of the things I collect!!

Aren't they a lot of work?

I went to a flamingo preserve once, and picked up a few feathers from the ground. Poor things drop their feathers all over the place. Would you like one?

Do you mean a feather? Or a flamingo?? :D

I'll pass on the real flamingo... and thanks for the offer on the feather! (but I don't collect feathers)

Here are a couple of my faves.......

th_flamingos.jpg

THANKS SCARLET!!

cha cha.... I, however, do collect feathers and would LOVE a flamingo feather. I have three egret feathers, a turkey feather, a hawk feather, two vulture feathers, a woodpecker feather, a raven feather or six, a hummingbird feather and a few other pretty ones that I have no idea what bird they go to. Oh, and a parrot feather that has a few cat toothmarks in it, dang it.

I'm glad Clay still has Jerome with him. I"m worried about the big guy, tho. He looks like he has gained all his weight back he lost and that's just not good for his heart. There are people out there who hate all too easily, unfortunately.

Gibby, sorry for the Claytime....I didn't realize when I made the offer that my Zen was completely out of juice and had to be recharged. It is now recharged, I'm back home, and I'll get that file done ASAP.

Another gorgeous day in the woods today! But my allergies are now KILLing me...apparently leaf mold is NOT a good thing. Ah-choooooo!!!!

Stephanie Meyer has written more Twilight stuff if you're interested. She wrote Twlight from Edward's point of view, and I found it fascinating! It's called 'Midnight Sun', and there is a partial draft up here. The link to the pdf document is at the end of her description about how it was unintentionally leaked on the internet. She may actually finish the book and publish it!

Thank you so much for this - I had no idea. I am definitely interested in reading it! Now the dilemma......should I finish the series first? LOL

I was reading other boards (feeling daring today) and saw that some people said, "So when he sang Mandy, was he thinking of Mandy Patinkin"?

I never know whether things are meant as a joke or not - so if I'm taking this seriously when I shouldn't be - forgive me. I sure hope it doesn't mean I can never hear Clay sing a song with 'her' or 'she' or any other female reference in it again. What a loss that would be. I know we kind of had this conversation already, but it still boggles my mind.

You know I agree with you wholeheartedly, but yeah, I believe that the Mandy Patinkin comment was sarcasm about some of the over-reaction to the "her" & "she" stuff.

You know I agree with you wholeheartedly, but yeah, I believe that the Mandy Patinkin comment was sarcasm about some of the over-reaction to the "her" & "she" stuff.

Thank god!! :cryingwlaughter:

*runs off to search for lost sense of humour*

I know we sorta passed this topic already, but since I saw it as I was catching up, I can't resist saying that Tuesday a classmate and I are doing a presentation on gay marriage being legalized in CT. We both come down on the side of "YAY" so it'll be a blast to see the rest of the class's reaction. (We live in AL.)

We're using music in the pres. too. Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl", Seal's "Kiss From A Rose", Darth Vader's theme (for them nasty anti's)... and CLAY AIKEN! *streamers, confetti* We put up a map of which states allow gay marriage, which states have constitutionally prohibited gay marriage (BOO), and so on and so forth. I thought playing Clay's version of "God Bless the USA" would be a perfect capper to the pres.

:D

OK, I'm done randomly blathering. ;P

Oh, yes, me too!

princessBride-765256.jpg

I was just finishing up the laundry (blech) and folded my daughter's Inigo Montoya t-shirt. Yup, it has a picture of him on the front, and the words, "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" She loves that shirt.

Stephanie Meyer has written more Twilight stuff if you're interested. She wrote Twlight from Edward's point of view, and I found it fascinating! It's called 'Midnight Sun', and there is a partial draft up here. The link to the pdf document is at the end of her description about how it was unintentionally leaked on the internet. She may actually finish the book and publish it!

Thank you so much for this - I had no idea. I am definitely interested in reading it! Now the dilemma......should I finish the series first? LOL

You're welcome! It won't spoil the series if you read Midnight Sun now, because it only goes partway through Twilight. In fact, it will give you a lot of insight into why Edward acts as he does. The book will be quite long if she ever finishes it, since it's already 264 pages! That's because Edward, as a vampire, has so much "space in his head" that he can think through several things in the space of a second!

Found these pics at CV. I love Clay's profile! And it's cool that guys are coming up to get their pictures taken with Clay.

October11045.jpg

And I LOVE the laugh! Too bad the picture's a little blurry, but it still gives me that ICG!

laughingclay.jpg

clayzcoffin, good luck with your presentation! And it's perfectly fine with me if you randomly blather, cuz I do, too! :cryingwlaughter:

Not sure where my post went...chicks, without random blather, 3/4 of the board (and 9/10s of this post) would be missing...

I was out unwillingly supporting live music in Houston (my BIL plays in a jazz band - but the current lead singer likes singing the blues and the Houston Blues Society is one of the hosts for the International Blues Challenge and the band was pissed that they won the semi-finals because they don't really wanna go to Memphis and play the blues and the finals were today).

I love my hometown. My BIL didn't win - the band that won was fronted by a banker of Chinese descent on guitar, a hard core chola on sax, a black guy on bass who looked like he just left the literary society, and a old bald white dude on drums. But they were freakishly good, but gave flashy a WHOLE new name. The chola was in skin tight leather leggings, F-M shoes (that I wanted) and a top that looked like it would come off at any second. The banker wrote a song about why a Chinese guy would sing the blues (he had a line in the there, "I was born in Houston but people still ask me where I'm frooooooooom". It got a lot of applause.) I think the playing of his guitar with his tongue is what put him over the top. But dear lord, the solo act I walked in on was so very bad....It was an interesting afternoon. I am trying to picture Clay singin' the blues....

Kenny Alert

I'm showing My Life in Four Cameras Scrubs episode coming up on TVLand at 4 pm.

:)

I had TV Land on in the living room while I was working at the computer & suddenly heard the name "Kenny" - I had to take a break so I could watch! :D Love that Kenny guy. And that Clay Aiken guy, too.

Thanks for the heads-up on this--I got to see all my favorite scenes. Sigh. I think it was even better than I remembered.

I know we sorta passed this topic already, but since I saw it as I was catching up, I can't resist saying that Tuesday a classmate and I are doing a presentation on gay marriage being legalized in CT. We both come down on the side of "YAY" so it'll be a blast to see the rest of the class's reaction. (We live in AL.)

We're using music in the pres. too. Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl", Seal's "Kiss From A Rose", Darth Vader's theme (for them nasty anti's)... and CLAY AIKEN! *streamers, confetti* We put up a map of which states allow gay marriage, which states have constitutionally prohibited gay marriage (BOO), and so on and so forth. I thought playing Clay's version of "God Bless the USA" would be a perfect capper to the pres.

:D

OK, I'm done randomly blathering. ;P

Wow--sounds like a great presentation!!

KAndre, what an interesting experience. (Hey, where's my laughing emoticon with the funny code? I'm too lazy to look through the whole list.) I'm intrigued by the winning band--but they might be a little OTT for my tastes.

But they were really good at playing the blues - old school, deep down and dirty. To be honest, I didn\'t think they really needed all the extra-curricular stuff, but it was an audience pleaser.

This is from last week: - my BIL is the one on the far right

this week's winning band before they went all over the top.

Do you mean a feather? Or a flamingo?? :D

I'll pass on the real flamingo... and thanks for the offer on the feather! (but I don't collect feathers)

:lol: Neither do I. I don't collect anything, not even Clay stuff. I don't know what made me pick up those feathers. They probably aren't something one should handle. I thought maybe I could unload them......

Tech question Should I install Windows XP Service Pack 3?

Kim

I imagine you are going to get differing opinions on this one. I have not installed it, because the guy that I use to do the more complicated things on my computer suggested that I don't. I know that some people have dl it and had no problems.

For me, if there is nothing wrong with my computer, I don't tend to upgrade, sometimes they cause more problems than they solve. I have my automatic updates etc turned off. JMO.

Yep, differing opinions for sure. I always update my Windows, because I find that I am less susceptible to new viruses if I do. But I'm not running XP anymore, I'm using Vista now, so I can't say one way or the other about that specific service pack.

OK, I'm 120 pages into the second book, and am relieved to see a vampire finally appears. I was getting worried! :cryingwlaughter:

LOVE that laughing pic too! I'm finding it odd, actually, that the guys now want pictures with Clay~just what changed, exactly? :shrug: He's still the same guy he was before!

Heeee....the LAUGHING pic, please note! THAT one is just plain weird!! :hysterical:

I think, from CV, that hobbitkitty, who has recently gotten a great voiceover gig was teasing Clay that Parker would be wanting her autograph someday. That's what he was laughing at. If I'm remembering right!

Oh, yes, me too!

princessBride-765256.jpg

Me three!

:hello:laughn :F_05BL17blowkiss: